• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
What is this MU chart? The BBR pulling MU numbers out of their butt?

I wonder what people think of Sheiks MU's.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
How? He hardly beats anyone.
ESAM is in charge of Pika's MU numbers and he overrates Pika a lot. I remember him talking about how Pika/Marth and Pika/MK might be in Pika's favor. I hope that's not what's on the charts. ><

Coney

Smash Master
yeah, as of right now :pikachu2: beats :metaknight: +1, or slight advantage

the metaknights were just like "well, we have no experience" and esam was like "shut up *****es :cool: "

Tagxy

Smash Lord
lmao good trolls

Pika/MK is a difficult one to judge. Even if a different judgement comes out in the end, given how close the MU is I think its a good idea to discuss the possibility that it might be in pikas favor (same for a few others). Its dumb that the subject of MK losing any MU is taboo to the point where they dont even argue their side anymore.

I dont know about pika marth. I think hes at least correct on who pikas hardest MUs are.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Depends, what is the hardcore campy MK doing? He cant just spam moves close to the ground or keep at the ledge.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MK losing that matchup to Pikachu would be unacceptable. Extreme main bias would be showing if you believed that.

MJG

Smash Hero
I feel like it would be a lot harder for pikachu mains in some MUs if their opponent fully understood the MU. I, for one, feel like this is one of my best MUs since I have been playing the MU consistantly since early 09.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
But Pika can bait him!

*solves every matchup issue*

Problem BBR?

:troll:

Tagxy

Smash Lord
all he would have to do is run every time pika gets close. pika has no good way to get in.
What does he do once hes at the ledge? Staying on the ledge is no good, and going over is a pretty bad idea also. Those are basically get in free cards.
I feel like it would be a lot harder for pikachu mains in some MUs if their opponent fully understood the MU. I, for one, feel like this is one of my best MUs since I have been playing the MU consistantly since early 09.
What are opponents missing out on that they dont understand unless theyve played the MU consistently?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yea, all mk really has to do is space tilts on the ground, do reactionary tornadoes to beat jolts and every other approach, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP GETTING GRABBED AT ZERO.

as long as you do those 3 things (ESPECIALLY the last one) pika gets kinda boned by mk.

EDIT
that, and the basic 'Di up out of down smash', 'dont get up aired', 'powershield jolts', 'dont get thundered' stuff that goes along with the pikachu matchup.

Coney

Smash Master
how to not get murderlized by thunder, for one

how to SDI his jolt locks

how to not get grabbed at low percents

there's a lot

stingers

Smash Obsessed
why do you keep talking about mk being on the ledge lol. it's like you want me to say "MK could plank pika" so you can go "NOPE WE'VE GOT TJOLT LMAO XD"

why would MK go on the ledge against pika when he's got 500 other things he can do. it's not even a factor

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean why go to the ledge against Ganondorf as MK

Except to kill THE KING OF EVIL

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Why are you changing the subject :p. I didnt emphasize anything about the ledge except to say it wasnt a decent option (it also takes more then jolts to get him off), Im asking you to present those "500 other things"

also @ coney and kid, its not rocket science to figure out things like that. I meant more things that youd only understand if you played a pika consistently.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Why are you changing the subject :p. I didnt emphasize anything about the ledge except to say it wasnt a decent option (it also takes more then jolts to get him off), Im asking you to present those "500 other things"

also @ coney and kid, its not rocket science to figure out things like that. I meant more things that youd only understand if you played a pika consistently.

that he suffers from luigi syndrome and can't do a whole lot if you just run away and camp him

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Also kid that doesnt really cover all of pikachus options. Its a good start I suppose and would probably work on some pikas.
that he suffers from luigi syndrome and can't do a whole lot if you just run away and camp him
Repeating an old point. Im not even sure where this came from, spacing moves against pika is one thing, but people running away hasnt ever really been an issue.
Any tilt
Fsmash
Nair
Fair
Nado
Dair
Dsmah
Ok? But how exactly. I bolded the move that matters, lol.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I dunno name searching is kinda silly sometimes, I mean if I just drop Nick Riddle , Allied , Praxis , Masky or something like that people will search come here and then be like wut?

Anyways lets talk about...Captain Falcon.
Go die in a fire.

Of AIDS.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I came here because I saw Praxis posted, and I thought "Why is Praxis posting in there? He never does that."

Then I lol'd.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Maybe cause people haven't try to just space and run away from Pikachu? You don't know if it's an issue if people haven't consistently tried it over n over

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dont get me wrong, pikachu is really good, and is a very solid character with a couple really good gimmicks. but that doesnt change the fact that people have not cognitively realised that pikachu is a smaller falco now, and that they need to stop getting grabbed and deal with projectiles efficiently.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
dont get me wrong, pikachu is really good, and is a very solid character with a couple really good gimmicks. but that doesnt change the fact that people have not cognitively realised that pikachu is a smaller falco now, and that they need to stop getting grabbed and deal with projectiles efficiently.
See, it's funny that you keep mentioning not getting grabbed...
Because top players still get grabbed by Falco.
And DDD.
And Pikachu.
And basically everybody.

Not to mention that against MK it's actually between 15 and like 35.
Which is basically saying, "Somehow get the lead in the beginning, and just don't get put into a grab position ever."
If MK ever doesn't have the lead, he has to try to get it back. Pikachu can just play the waiting game...
Or, you know... hit him until MK's above the CG %... in which case he doesn't care that he didn't get grabbed.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If MK ever doesn't have the lead, he has to try to get it back. Pikachu can just play the waiting game...
Or, you know... hit him until MK's above the CG %... in which case he doesn't care that he didn't get grabbed.
If Meta Knight is at 45%, Pikachu will probably very much wish that he got the grab.

That said, Pikachu really can just play the waiting game prior.

Savon

Smash Ace
Pikachu is going to be like any other character that Mks originally had trouble with. They don't know anything about the MU at first, but once you figure out the basics of the MU and remember that you are META ****ING knight it all hits the fan for Pikachu.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
out of all the characters that get really effective low percent grabs, pikachu, falco, ddd. Pikachu in the matches I see ALWAYS gets his grabs the easiest. You can expect pikachu to get grabs once in a while for those big CGs, but people still arent actively avoiding the grabs the way they should.

I play falco, most matches I play against good people I get the big CG off one time per game, and thats just because I have 2-4 moves that combo into it. the rest of the time i just have to poke at them until i can get a good string going which may involve a down throw x1/2 to dair but im not getting the full 60-80 percent from it because people are camping me and know that they REALLY need to not get grabbed.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pikachu's MU numbers are so twisted up. It's dumb.

The only person I can see *****ing about Sonic's numbers when his are released is KID, but he also thinks ICs is a hard counter, so *shrugs*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom