• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I've played vinnie before in tourney and won :/ (no offence to him) but gnw vs pit is pretty even if you can get pass turtle. and i believe i beat minty

this is just for people who say i'm only doing good because theres no marths/gnws

no hate :!
/namesearch

Ya kool-aid da bess
pit da bess

55:45 g&w imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbTj8dZeltQ

I've gotten better since then though kool-aid so we should have a rematch soon, and then **** more ppls in LT doubles ya digg?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Like you can do better? Give me proof of you being better than the BBR at EVERYTHING. ESPECIALLY the tierlist.

Actually, scratch that. How about a personal tier list, AL? I want to see how you view the metagame.
This is what I think the tier list should look like.

S: Meta Knight, Snake
A: Wario, Diddy Kong, Falco, Ice Climbers
B: King Dedede, Marth, Olimar, Lucario, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Pikachu
C: Kirby, ROB, , Mr. Game & Watch, Donkey Kong, Pit, Peach, Fox
D: Ike, Wolf, Luigi, Ness, Pokémon Trainer, Zelda Sheik
E: Link, Yoshi, Bowser, Mario, Lucas
F: Sonic, Ganondorf, , Samus, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff

I'm tired and didn't order them in the list that's more or less how I feel about the tiers though.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
This is what I think the tier list should look like.

S: Meta Knight, Snake
A: Wario, Diddy Kong, Falco, Ice Climbers
B: King Dedede, Marth, Olimar, Lucario, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Pikachu
C: Kirby, ROB, , Mr. Game & Watch, Donkey Kong, Pit, Peach, Fox
D: Ike, Wolf, Luigi, Ness, Pokémon Trainer, Zelda Sheik
E: Link, Yoshi, Bowser, Mario, Lucas
F: Sonic, Ganondorf, , Samus, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff

I'm tired and didn't order them in the list that's more or less how I feel about the tiers though.
Thank God you dont have any input on the tier list.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Other than the ones u mentioned Mars, Luigi is really the only other character who he has a decent matchup with(even I think). Other than that, his high and mid tiers r 40:60 and worse. Bowser does deserve his drop in tier placement tho.
How would you know?

Also everybody loves to ignore everything that is good about bowser apparently:
- Safest and most versatile command grab in the game that deals 18.5% fresh
- UpB OoS that makes him immune to crossups on block, reduces low tier matchups to completely predictable approaches that makes shield-grabbing and pivot-grabbing easier (I'm looking at you Mario)
- Unlike Marth and Mario, not sweetspotting fortress doesn't automatically make you a sitting duck, specially if there's a ledge nearby.
- 2 moves that kill under 100% that take 10 frames or less to come out
- Jab that can true combo into the command grab mentioned above for 24.5% damage fresh. It can also be used for mixups. That's not Bowser-specific, but the benefit of a read grab is.
- Has tilts that can actually anti-air most characters with good timing.
- Has the best range in low tier right now.
- Can guaranteed chaingrab a third of the cast. Over half of the cast can be guaranteed hit by klaw out of a release. This klaw, mind you, is being refreshed by the pummels.
- Heaviest character in the game. Not enough to offset his frame size and recovery, but it helps a huge deal. On top of that, he's floaty enough so it doesn't hurt him as much (even though I wish we could fastfall faster).
- This dude can actually HOP ON BANANAS. Actually as funny as that is, my main point is the huge mobility boost klaw hopping gives him, something a lot of people love to underestimate because they've never even tried playing bowser (just check some posts in the BBR discussion).

What people exaggerate about Bowser:
- How easy it is to grab him. You want to know why Bowser loses to Dedede? If your first answer is the infinite, you've never played a Bowser who even TRIED to play the matchup correctly. Of course the infinite is a huge deal when it happens, but the Dedede player actually has to mindgame the Bowser into falling for it.
- How easy Bowser is to juggle. Hello? This is Brawl. Unlike you have a stupid tilt lock, you're getting two hits max before bowser airdodges/fortresses out of your "combo".
- How bad his recovery is. Yes, it's pretty bad. But some people make it seem that if you can't hit Bowser out of it you're the worst player on the face of the earth. All you need to realize how stupid that is to actually look at decent Bowsers playing.

Bottom line: He doesn't have the characteristics of a bottom tier character, and people should stop making up matchup ratios when they clearly don't know the character they're talking about.

Flayl

Smash Hero
He's definitely a low tier character. Just not nowhere near as bad as theorycrafters like to make him out to be.

I'm also mad the god**** Portuguese bowser has to type this stuff out. We don't have a decent player that actually writes stuff.

For example, I love the guy, but MrEh contributes maybe 1 or 2 lines to matchup discussions. And at least 1 of those is humurous in nature.

Yikarur

Smash Master
How would you know?

Also everybody loves to ignore everything that is good about bowser apparently:
- Safest and most versatile command grab in the game that deals 18.5% fresh
neither the safest nor the most versatile command grab if you mean a special grab with command grab, and it deals 18.9%

- 2 moves that kill under 100% that take 10 frames or less to come out
which?

- Has tilts that can actually anti-air most characters with good timing.
a lot can anti air with good timing
and pummels doesn't refresh other moves with each hit, I hope you know that.

well germany has NO good Bowser at all too, but who wants to play Bowser? he's evil! and doesn't deserve success

Flayl

Smash Hero
and pummels doesn't refresh other moves with each hit, I hope you know that.
Isn't that only if you pummel too fast? I saw Wolf mains saying that if you slow down his pummeling each hit counts.

What command grab is safer? Please don't say egglay...

And the tilts: It depends on positioning and matchup but they are UTilt and DTilt.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario Bite is probably the overall safest command grab because of duration/flexibility you have

Pummels DO refresh other moves. However yes if you pummel too fast, for whatever reason it will not count towards refreshing. So Pummel at a normal rate and you will be fine.

Flayl

Smash Hero
There's no way Wario's bite is safer with the ending lag it has if you whiff. Not to mention you drop straight down when you use it.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I'm perfecting my MK defense in friendlies. Yoshi can't approach him. >_>

Play someone else. :(
if i have the lead youre going to have to approach me if i want to camp you. LMAO, why do you think our match took like 14 minutes >_>

not realistic to always assume you have the lead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Bowser is hella easy to grab with yoshi though... other than that it can be annoying sometimes...

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Bowser is low tier but he's not so low that he should be in F Tier

Side B infinite 2nd jump thingy gives Bowser some pretty decent mobility AND means you have to be really careful due to the fact the attack is a grab. You can't just blindly run in with an attack otherwise you'll get grabbed

Bowser probably won't be getting grabs too often but that still doesn't mean hitting his shield is safe, OoS Fortress wrecks those who try to land next to him. If he does get a grab, consider yourself pummeled and then F Tilted/Faired/Klawed
You can B reverse Fire Breath as you jump back aswell, kind of like what you can do with Charizard's Flamethrower

Fair and F Tilt are ok for anti air moves. Up Tilt and Down Tilt have really nasty power and can catch those from a ledge get up

Its mainly Bowser's Koopa Klaw thats stopping him from being E Tier, that thing is ridiculously good. That and OoS Fortress because it gives him a decent, long lasting and flexible OoS option

Crow!

Smash Lord
I would like to point out that the A, B, C, ... designations are more informative than the overall tier label (i.e. "mid tier") given, especially since the labels themselves were not a part of the voting, but rather just the numbers. In fact, one only needs to look at the table of statistics on the voting that Ankoku put together to see the complete information.

My point is, you can hold a __ tier tournament where __ is any letter and it will work out pretty well. I particularly suggest D tier tournaments. And using an A tier tournament for a main event would be pretty awesome.

Also, I don't agree with calling A tier "top" tier, since they are not in the top tier; S tier is the top tier. By definition. Having only B tier as "High" is pretty strange, too.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I would like to point out that the A, B, C, ... designations are more informative than the overall tier label (i.e. "mid tier") given, especially since the labels themselves were not a part of the voting, but rather just the numbers. In fact, one only needs to look at the table of statistics on the voting that Ankoku put together to see the complete information.

My point is, you can hold a __ tier tournament where __ is any letter and it will work out pretty well. I particularly suggest D tier tournaments. And using an A tier tournament for a main event would be pretty awesome.

Also, I don't agree with calling A tier "top" tier, since they are not in the top tier; S tier is the top tier. By definition. Having only B tier as "High" is pretty strange, too.
So MK is the only top tier, and the tier list reflects that character MU's with him are the absolute most important thing in the list, at least that was the vibe I got from the character discussions the BBR did with each character.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Wario Bite is probably the overall safest command grab because of duration/flexibility you have

Pummels DO refresh other moves. However yes if you pummel too fast, for whatever reason it will not count towards refreshing. So Pummel at a normal rate and you will be fine.
what about characters like wolf and lucario?

Careful there! You have given pro-banners some fodder for feeding. And they are hungry! :bee:

Many of us would like to accept that MK is beyond doubt the best in the game and choose to ignore his presence, therefore we focus our attentions to something that can be disputable. Thus, we have the "zeus" (S) tier that is MK who is untouchable, while A tier is the "demi-gods" or people many of us can actually challenge. A tier might as well be top tier because unless you can become a pain in the neck to zeus, you are not likely getting very far in tournaments.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
same for every character. don't buffer it or it won't count
which makes me wonder is the damage in pummel the same for everyone?

Careful there! You have given pro-banners some fodder for feeding. And they are hungry! :bee:

Many of us would like to accept that MK is beyond doubt the best in the game and choose to ignore his presence, therefore we focus our attentions to something that can be disputable. Thus, we have the "zeus" (S) tier that is MK who is untouchable, while A tier is the "demi-gods" or people many of us can actually challenge. A tier might as well be top tier because unless you can become a pain in the neck to zeus, you are not likely getting very far in tournaments.
crow is pro ban.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom