• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yes you've seen him play yet you havent played him yourself see where the problem is in this convo

you'll see why ike moved up when you play him

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
san and others proven that they are not just massive outliers. Ike is a fully capable low mid tier character

bigman40

Smash Master
Not really. Are you saying that some Yoshis have a defeatist mindset?

:069:
Some Yoshi's can't get past the fact that even though his shield is bad, he has options to stay away from being forced to shield (save for a few match-ups). Even then, when Yoshi shields, being hit resets the field because of the extra slide from rolling during the pushback. Correct reads equal to either jabs (to get them out of our face), down-b, or a pivot grab.

The worst placement Yoshi can be is when he's shielding while someone is just sitting behind him. He's disadvantaged at this spot the most since every option is cut off. However, the only possible option he can do (and this is limited but still more viable than anything else) is letting go of his shield is cutting the cooldown animation with a spotdodge. This creates a rock, paper, scissors game in where we our only benefit is resetting the field (or possibly getting in a hit if they make a dumb enough move). Other than that, his shield is unorthodox, but manageable.

Those people have a fairly poor mindset and can't think outside the box to manage weaknesses.
Tl;dr - Yes.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Ah, that's basically what I posted earlier. Great minds think alike, huh? =P

Yeah, Yoshi would obviously be a better character if he could jump out of shield, but one of the traits of being a true Yoshi main is to overcome his weaknesses and turn them into strengths (like rolling while shielding after being hit, or knowing his heavy-armor percentages so that he can counter attacks that try to hit him).

Just complaining won't do you or anyone else good.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
We can shiled drop on platforms though :D

Yaaaaay for situational advantages!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Everyone can shield-drop on platforms... it's just that no one told us until a couple of months ago that Yoshi could do it, too. :laugh:

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
I've played vinnie before in tourney and won :/ (no offence to him) but gnw vs pit is pretty even if you can get pass turtle. and i believe i beat minty

this is just for people who say i'm only doing good because theres no marths/gnws

no hate :!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Exactly, but no one esle (well besides mk and maybe 3 others) would be as dangerous as yoshi would out of shiled

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
It's nice dreaming about it and all, but we know it can't happen. We have to make due with what we have.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
dragonic reverse OOS to f-smash.

It would be as if yoshi power shielded every single hit

bigman40

Smash Master
Dreaming the impossible only makes you a fool. Dreaming and attempting the possible is what people should be going for. Hell, even if Yoshi has the same properties as everyone else in terms of Powershielding, he'd actually have a good OoS game. Yet, the game doesn't allow this. So, you get over it, move on, and attempt to work with what you have.

Yes Polt; Great minds do think alike. Also get skype dammit.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
There's a little too much talk about who is playing what character for my taste. The thing you guys have to realize is that a lot of tournament results are just popularity. You complain that only a few people do well with Pikachu, but what does that even mean? To me, all it means is that Pikachu is unpopular, but the success of the few is a nice demonstration that he can perform... though we have to always remember that skill gaps exist between players and that some characters can lack any good representation at all (especially low tiers). We have tournament statistics for the purpose of telling us what the current metagame is, but to me, a tier list is meant to represent how good the characters actually are to the best of our knowledge (which is theoretically independent of the current metagame). We can look at tournament results to inform us of certain things and certain possibilities and of course as a sanity check, but we have to rely on intuition and logic in the end to judge the merits of the characters. A big part of that is accepting that what we see in tournaments is just a random splattering with most player results being dictated by skill and character quality being a far secondary factor and that therefore we just can't get too caught up in who is doing what and how many and exactly how well.

bigman40

Smash Master
Don't you need a webcam for Skype? (Not that I'd know since I never went there)

Yoshis don't chat using video chat. We only use it for text and/or audio chatting. Why would I ask you to get skype if you needed a webcam? lol

All you need is a mic in case you want to actually talk. That's it.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Yoshis don't chat using video chat. We only use it for text and/or audio chatting. Why would I ask you to get skype if you needed a webcam? lol

All you need is a mic in case you want to actually talk. That's it.
We haven't had a voice chat in forever... its like all text xD.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
What does this have to do with the BBR's tier list discussion? o_o

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
We are planning to overthrow the BBR and put Yoshi above MK.

Nothing really. Carry on with the Pikachu talk.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
^^^^^nobody plays D3 anymore, and those who do, don't know how to play against DK and get ***** ( lolatomsk)

DK is too broken for people to know his true potential

he has........

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I agree, why the DK hate? It seems like the major thing holding him down (when it comes to discusions) in the icpd3dthrowgg factor, and that's it. He's got good rep (Will, Dr. Grandpa, Ripple, etc.) and has the results to prove it. Im also pretty sure that aside from d3, his mu's aren't that bad.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with what AA said.
sonic would still be low tier if it wasn't for the billions of sonic fanboys.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
^^^^^nobody plays D3 anymore, and those who do, don't know how to play against DK and get ***** ( lolatomsk)

DK is too broken for people to know his true potential

he has........
Is that so? Muahahahahahahahahaha Peach kills monkeys.

God Kais!

Crow!

Smash Lord
Except DK doesn't have the results to prove it.

DK's not doing terribly, but he's not been doing as well as many of the other characters in mid tier are.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Except DK doesn't have the results to prove it.

DK's not doing terribly, but he's not been doing as well as many of the other characters in mid tier are.

how recent is that? has that been taking into account all of Will's recent tournament results?

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
DKs matchups aren't that bad. He actually goes even with snake. Alot of characters in mid tier don't. D3 is his only crappy matchup but I guess D3 is getting less popular. I thought DK had no tourney rep tho. I guess he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom