• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
said ike beat the second best snake and diddy, and I'd think the diddy MU should be just as bad. either way, I'm not saying he's brood or anything, but he's obviously good
I don't know anything about the Ike / Diddy match-up but Ike is a lot more effective if you don't know the match-up [kind of like Ganon], which may or may not have been the case. As for 2nd best Snake I think it's highly disputed if that's even the case and in my opinion the overall level of Snake players in the USA is unimpressive compared to Japan [not as low as europe though]. In all honesty, it's one top level Snake [who isn't actually a US citizen] and about 3 or 4 high to high-mid level Snakes but I think Shuu, Souther, hiko and Ganbara Nai are all better than them tbh.

:059:

Ayoub

Smash Ace
said ike beat the second best snake and diddy, and I'd think the diddy MU should be just as bad. either way, I'm not saying he's brood or anything, but he's obviously good

that wasn't really directed at you particularly, just in general. probably the worst I've seen is one of you trolling mike for crying at a tournament because his uncle was in the hospital. "trolling" makes it sound better but it's really just being an ******* and there is definitely more of this behavior coming from europe than other places, though every region has it's bad apples
Good and beastly is something diffrent.

Trolling about that is just sad and lame.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Japan ***** us all..
Just accept that, oh my god.

"I can't wait till M2k and some others travel abroad and **** everybody in Europe and japan."

I heard something like this before, but replace M2K for Ally.
This argument is just rubbish, it's the same as:

" I can't wait till we send Glutonny and others to the USA"

etecoon

Smash Hero
don't watch enough japanese snake's to know but I wouldn't doubt it, I agree that 2-6 for north american snake's is pretty close and ally is the only one that really separated himself from that, american snake's do need to step it up

Laem

Smash Champion
yaay EU vs USA
read chairs blog
gg

oh and ganbaranai > all
i mean, he's called ganbaranai

Laem

Smash Champion
he beat m2k and ally though
he's just not used to the scrubby skill level of most americans!!!

Bartolon

Smash Lord
It's all about results in tourneys, isn't it?
Brood came in 2nd, that's the only thing that counts atm.

You will probably reply with:
"He came in 7th at a other tourney so your point is invalid wahwah *insert more rubbish*"

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity. Why did Wolf not go up based on current tournament results (like 2 Wolfs being in top 50 for tourneys). Wolfs have won tourneys and shown up multiple times in top 8. His matchups are relatively all even albeit a few which are no worst then 40-60. He is very good vs Mk and Diddy. I think he is at least bottom C tier.
your not the only one here that thinks that Seagull I think Wolf should have gone up as well.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's not the placing that matters the most imo. It's whom you beat / lose to because everybody can just happen to have an unfavourable bracket. Had the bracket been different and Brood had to play DEHF in Ally's place, then Ally might've outplaced Brood in the end and the same can be said about quite a couple of players imo. Brood's wins are better than any other Olimar out there, that's undisputed and that's the point where people have to admit that he's probably better than any Olimar in the USA - him placing 2nd at Apex doesn't mean he's better than all the people he outplaced and it doesn't prove once and for all that DEHF is a better player either.
Had he beaten M2K and Ally but only placed 7th instead of 2nd for some reason he still has to be considered as strong as people see him now, despite the lower placing.

With all that said, just from watching I believe Nietono to be better than Brood.

:059:

lol That outlines the majority of problems with tournaments. So many characters could take first at a tournament if they had the right brackets and the right results happening. The first of which are a lot of MKs getting taken out along the way.

D

Deleted member

your not the only one here that thinks that Seagull I think Wolf should have gone up as well.
I don't recall a BBR member addressing Seagull's question, either. Forgive me if I missed the post.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
On the topic of KoolAid:

KoolAid's secondaries are literally because he likes to have fun. His Pit is his best character, he can beat everyone in his region with Pit. Then why does he go other chars you might ask? Mostly cause he's like 16 and he thinks it's funny. He asked me for tips on Diddy because it's easier to three stock someone with a character with a spike. I'm dead serious that was the conversation we had.

He honestly finds it funny and more entertaining to play random chars when he knows he can win. When he plays seriesly, like at Apex, he sticks with straight Pit. I'll agree that there aren't a lot of chars that were mentioned earlier that "**** pit" but it doesn't change the fact he's the best US Pit and that's why people bring him up.

I can't wait till he starts traveling and finally ends this arguement that always comes up about him.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
but then you look at the tier list.

is wolf really better than luigi?

M2K already went to australia recently it seems. Also, there will be a big or expected to be big tournament in japan coming up next year.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Right, really glad you said this. One of the arguments I was making for rises from characters like Fox and ZSS is that yes, Nick Riddle and TKD are outlier players, but if we were moving solely on steam from these two players we'd be looking at top tier, not high or mid or whatever we're asking for, for that specific character.

A single player doesn't say everything, but often says something.
yes however in ZSS's case people really just suck *** vs her LMAO

Ayoub

Smash Ace
On the topic of KoolAid:

KoolAid's secondaries are literally because he likes to have fun. His Pit is his best character, he can beat everyone in his region with Pit. Then why does he go other chars you might ask? Mostly cause he's like 16 and he thinks it's funny. He asked me for tips on Diddy because it's easier to three stock someone with a character with a spike. I'm dead serious that was the conversation we had.

He honestly finds it funny and more entertaining to play random chars when he knows he can win. When he plays seriesly, like at Apex, he sticks with straight Pit. I'll agree that there aren't a lot of chars that were mentioned earlier that "**** pit" but it doesn't change the fact he's the best US Pit and that's why people bring him up.

I can't wait till he starts traveling and finally ends this arguement that always comes up about him.
We never said that he isnt the best US Pit, lol.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Lol USA sucks. People say USA still > Japan because out of the 280 of you, 1 managed to beat Brood.

It took us one out of 140 to beat Ally, a 15-y/o aggro Wario, does that make us twice as much good more better than USA > JAPAN kk?

Anyhow, Russia > USA and this.
Get your facts straight. Brood lost to Chibo as well.

Greward

Smash Lord
brood could have killed chibosempai if he wanted. he got some grabs that would have killed chibo

icylight is a good olimar, havent seen vids of him recently but when i did he was good imo

brood isnt even the best olimar in japan

fox should be higher, snake is not second anymore lol, zelda is way too underrated, g&w should move down, mk shouldnt have his own tier, ganondorf isnt that bad, rob/pit should be higher too

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im just gonna throw this out there, PIKACHU.

It's never really occured to me until now, but why is he still up at number 9? He has ESAM as rep, but who else? I guess there's Anther and Z, but that's it. I think pika's still good, but looking at his rep and tournament results, he averages around 15th best. I know he does good against falco and ***** fox, but he doesn't have much else. Can someone please explain why he's so high to me?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Z'zgashi I used to feel like you do about Pikachu, but his hero players have constantly placed really high. To me, Pikachu is a well-designed Sonic; mobility, unpredictability, but with kill power. There's also more than ESAM; Anther is still good, PikaPika! ***** in his region apparently, there are others.

I dunno, Pikachu is fine where he is. If you put him in mid tier it just wouldn't make sense.

Yikarur

Smash Master
we can argue forever about that subject Polty.
OoS Options are so important in that game because almost everything has frame disadvantage on block, Yoshi doesn't have that Option. I think he would be about high tier if he could jump OoS but lacking OoS is an extrem disadvantage.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
[/Quote]Im just gonna throw this out there, PIKACHU.

It's never really occured to me until now, but why is he still up at number 9? He has ESAM as rep, but who else? I guess there's Anther and Z, but that's it. I think pika's still good, but looking at his rep and tournament results, he averages around 15th best. I know he does good against falco and ***** fox, but he doesn't have much else. Can someone please explain why he's so high to me?

he's fast, hard to hit QAC rules great edge guarding options very good MUs he beats certain high tiers quite badly, Great priority yadadadadadadadadadada." [/Quote]

this tier list is out of date the moment it was released. any1 want to take bets on how long the next one will take to come out? and whether it will be more wrong than this one is Lol.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Weaknesses in a vacuum don't really matter. How much does it affect Yoshi's gameplay? Is he, for whatever reason, functional without OOS options? :p In what match-ups? How? That's what you should ask.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Z'zgashi I used to feel like you do about Pikachu, but his hero players have constantly placed really high. To me, Pikachu is a well-designed Sonic; mobility, unpredictability, but with kill power. There's also more than ESAM; Anther is still good, PikaPika! ***** in his region apparently, there are others.

I dunno, Pikachu is fine where he is. If you put him in mid tier it just wouldn't make sense.
I was thinking more bottom of high, but yeah... And btw, I had the idea to take all of the top 10 players of each character and rank them by the results their top players get, and look at pikachu (btw, i dont think he should be THAT low, these are just results):

1. Meta Knight
2. Snake
3. Falco
4. Diddy Kong
5. Ice Climbers
6. Wario
7. Olimar
8. Marth
9. King Dedede
10. Mr. Game & Watch
11. Zero Suit Samus
12. Lucario
13. Toon Link
14. R.O.B.
15. Donkey Kong
16. Fox -TIED-
16. Peach -TIED-
18. Kirby
19. Pit
20. Pikachu
21. Ike
22. Sonic
23. Sheik
24. Luigi
25. Wolf
26. Yoshi
27. Ness
28. Zelda
29. Lucas
30. Samus
31. Mario
32. Pokemon Trainer
33. Link
34. Ganondorf
35. Bowser
36. Captain Falcon
37. Jigglypuff

OMG at Pika!! :o There is quite a gap between him and Ike though...

The list I used was Rajam's brawl rankings btw.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
fox should be higher, snake is not second anymore lol, zelda is way too underrated, g&w should move down, mk shouldnt have his own tier, ganondorf isnt that bad, rob/pit should be higher too
This...ugh.

First off, Fox got a huge rise. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. I'd argue for him being a bit lower, but higher? Sure, Fox isn't a bad character and potential (potential shouldn't be used for tier list positions, by the way, but I digress), but can you honestly tell me that Fox should move higher than Kirby, Toon Link or even ZSS and Lucario? I think not.

Snake definitely isn't second anymore. I just don't know how I'd put the Top 4, excluding MK, who is obviously 1st. It's weird because I know Snake isn't second, but are Diddy and Falco better than him? Is Snake deserving of 3rd only behind MK and Diddy or MK and Falco or is he behind both of them?

Zelda probably is a bit underrated. She definitely isn't worse than Link IMO, but no one seems to be able to prove that.

Game&Watch should probably be the last in High Tier, to be honest. I don't see G&W being better than Lucario and ZSS, but he definitely has an edge over the rest.

MK should have his own tier. He's MK. So should Ganon. He's Ganon.

And ROB/Pit definitely should not be higher. They are fine where they are. I'd probably put DK over the two of them. IMO they should've rounded out C tier with those two, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom