• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Hmmm...is playing Sheik/Zelda really better than just going Sheik? I'm surprised that, if that was the case, people would go Shelda more.
Sheik gets hurts by pikachu a good bit, whereas Zelda is a lot more even against Pika. Sheik gets maimed by ICs, whereas Zelda is almost even with them. Zelda kills a lot easier than Sheik does, but Zelda's kill moves can be difficult to connect with.

Yeah, I'd say Sheik/Zelda is the optimal combination if you know how to properly use the duo.
zelda is so booty, id rather just stay shiek, or go a different char. its not realistic

Go get ***** by Ramin's Marth some more, noob.

Gtfo of here with your copy pasta *** NJ Metaknight lol. You just another pot monster when the real players show up.
call me a potmonster... and in the same statement cite a tourny i made 150 euros at LMAO.

only ****ing randoms :laugh:

if im so cooky cutter, how about you money match me for the plane ticket to come woop dat ***.
ROBs are doing better and better these days. He should definitely be above Fox, Kirby, and TL on the next list
no. not at all. rob is ***
Not really. Are you saying that some Yoshis have a defeatist mindset?

:069:
yes. all yoshis have a crap mindset, except p_wii, and i made that ***** go mk. REAL LIFE

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That can't be recent, DK has had substantially better results than wolf and peach for sure. Possibly even fox

Orion*

Smash Researcher
you have a play to win mindset, with a crappy character. awful combination bro LMAO

lrn those approach options and then we can talk :p

Renki

Smash Journeyman
zelda is so booty, id rather just stay shiek, or go a different char. its not realistic
You can do that as well. Sheik can do nasty things to Pika, but Pika can seriously hurt Sheik as well.

ICs...you're better off going Zelda.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
As yoshi, i actually have a harder time with zelda than i do with sheik, however, that could just be the mu experiece talking... i play sheik quite often

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
There's a little too much talk about who is playing what character for my taste. The thing you guys have to realize is that a lot of tournament results are just popularity. You complain that only a few people do well with Pikachu, but what does that even mean? To me, all it means is that Pikachu is unpopular, but the success of the few is a nice demonstration that he can perform... though we have to always remember that skill gaps exist between players and that some characters can lack any good representation at all (especially low tiers). We have tournament statistics for the purpose of telling us what the current metagame is, but to me, a tier list is meant to represent how good the characters actually are to the best of our knowledge (which is theoretically independent of the current metagame). We can look at tournament results to inform us of certain things and certain possibilities and of course as a sanity check, but we have to rely on intuition and logic in the end to judge the merits of the characters. A big part of that is accepting that what we see in tournaments is just a random splattering with most player results being dictated by skill and character quality being a far secondary factor and that therefore we just can't get too caught up in who is doing what and how many and exactly how well.
The only problem with this logic is that you guys purposely moved PT down because there was too large of a gap between him and the 2nd best PT main in terms of results. So with that said how can you guys even move PT down on the premise that Reflex is too good and the #2 isn't good enough. I don't understand the process of the BBR . You guys are constantly contradicting yourself. It's pretty sad.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
you have a play to win mindset, with a crappy character. awful combination bro LMAO

lrn those approach options and then we can talk :p
Well, I would learn those approaches if I could practice in a non MK infested region. :bee:

MK is probably the reason I'm only good at defense. I'll learn with practice some day. @_@

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
And being in a region with 2 mks is probably the reason i have terrible defense but my offense is decent :D

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
:jigglypuff:Using a char with good air mobility in the MU still helps a ton.:jigglypuff:
Too bad Jigglypuff loses to Ike and San secondaries Jigglypuff and will probably be using her in low tier tournaments now eh? He knows how to handle the MU, and what Jigglypuff can do. You'd be slaughtered.

Who are these "good" Ikes that you have beaten?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
And being in a region with 2 mks is probably the reason i have terrible defense but my offense is decent :D
like im supposed to give a ****? LMAO
Well, I would learn those approaches if I could practice in a non MK infested region. :bee:

MK is probably the reason I'm only good at defense. I'll learn with practice some day. @_@
yeah but you still *** in friendlies, play to learn :D

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
like im supposed to give a ****? LMAO
Well yo momma gave more than just a ****, infact she made one as well *nods head towards orion*

/yo momma jokes, they're lame... why'd i even say that...?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Cause you're a furry?
My opinion Yoshi being under PT is too much. Squirtle I can understand being better then Yoshi. But Ivysuar and charizard? Meh.
inb4rage

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
That can't be recent, DK has had substantially better results than wolf and peach for sure. Possibly even fox

DK has two players in the top 50 of that list posted a while back and has mains placing decently at a couple mlg's?
i wasnt aware of that o.o
maybe he has better results than peach or fox but i dont know about wolf.
imo i think wolf slightly beats DK but i've never played a "great" DK

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
The only problem with this logic is that you guys purposely moved PT down because there was too large of a gap between him and the 2nd best PT main in terms of results. So with that said how can you guys even move PT down on the premise that Reflex is too good and the #2 isn't good enough. I don't understand the process of the BBR . You guys are constantly contradicting yourself. It's pretty sad.
Like you can do better? Give me proof of you being better than the BBR at EVERYTHING. ESPECIALLY the tierlist.

Actually, scratch that. How about a personal tier list, AL? I want to see how you view the metagame.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
dont hate its my fav move
Same. Which is why I would seriously use Charizard as a secondary if he didn't have those two dead weights lugging him down. :bee:

Just for clarification: I know Squirtle is better. I just don't like him. Feels too much like a water downed Wario.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
DK has two players in the top 50 of that list posted a while back and has mains placing decently at a couple mlg's?
i wasnt aware of that o.o
maybe he has better results than peach or fox but i dont know about wolf.
imo i think wolf slightly beats DK but i've never played a "great" DK
Define "decently."

Definitely better than Wolf. Will currently sits at 28th in the MLG rankings, 48th in the SWF rankings and has been taking in some pretty impressive placings lately, namely 4th at KTAR 3 and 2nd at Viva La Smash III.

I'm pretty sure DK and Wolf is about even.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im sry but a rock smashing itself is no where near as impressive as a big dragon smashing a rock into your face

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Of course. What would rock smash be without a dragon using its massive scaled forehead to break the stone into pieces. Although a rock exploding on its own into someone's face does sound awesome and hilarious, as well.

And to get back on topic, something to talk about:
Captain Falcon should be above Bowser and possibly Mario, and definitely at least in E Tier.

Renki

Smash Journeyman
Considering CF's mobility and somewhat usable moveset, I can possibly understand Bowser. I cling onto hope with Mario, and still don't think he's -terrible-, but meh.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
bowser honestly has nothing redeeming aside from up b and side b, and praying that he gets a grab on you.

none of his other moves have any real versatility, I dont understand why hes as high as he is.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Doesn't Bowser have some alright Grab Release shenanigans and stuff? What about his match ups against some of the higher tiered characters or something? I honestly don't care enough about Bowser to research it.

Also, I'd totally main Charizard as a standalone character. Forget Squirtle and Ivysaur, Charizard is fully evolved, which means fully capable to ****.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
joel said it a long time ago but basically the probs with bowsers grab game is really him trying to get it in the first place

it barely happens

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't Bowser have some alright Grab Release shenanigans and stuff? What about his match ups against some of the higher tiered characters or something? I honestly don't care enough about Bowser to research it.

Also, I'd totally main Charizard as a standalone character. Forget Squirtle and Ivysaur, Charizard is fully evolved, which means fully capable to ****.
Pretty sure Bowser's matchups r awful with high and even mid tiers.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Yeah I can completely understand that. It seems like he's got Luigi syndrome. He is alright and has some decent tools once he gets inside, but...getting there is the problem.

Poor Mario universe. :(

At least Peach is okay, right?

Oh, I didn't know. Oh well. Why is he so high even? Does anyone besides Vex play him anymore? Does Vex even play Bowser anymore?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Bowser has decent matchups against Falco, Wario, Lucario, Wolf.....amongst others. His tier placement is accurate imo.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Other than the ones u mentioned Mars, Luigi is really the only other character who he has a decent matchup with(even I think). Other than that, his high and mid tiers r 40:60 and worse. Bowser does deserve his drop in tier placement tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom