• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Ganon + sword = Ganondorf
Ganondorf + smashball = Ganon - sword
Ganon - sword = G-tier

He is entertainer.

Albert.

Smash Master
I think somebody mentioned Marth's UThrow in like a joking sense but It's actually an extremely useful move.

One of Marth's biggest weaknesses besides only having 2 jumps (LIKE what the hell, right?!) is that he has a really really hard time killing. BUT When you're dealing with lights/midweights at around 190, their shield becomes unsafe because marth can kill them with a throw. You'd be surprised at how often marth doesn't kill till that range -__-

video example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGrTibVLh4E#t=5m50s

Albert.

Smash Master
OH MY, if an official representative from the real actual Brawl Back Room can back up my post... It totally brings a whole new level of authenticity to my very being. It makes my loins a quiver!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think somebody mentioned Marth's UThrow in like a joking sense but It's actually an extremely useful move.

One of Marth's biggest weaknesses besides only having 2 jumps (LIKE what the hell, right?!) is that he has a really really hard time killing. BUT When you're dealing with lights/midweights at around 190, their shield becomes unsafe because marth can kill them with a throw. You'd be surprised at how often marth doesn't kill till that range -__-

video example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGrTibVLh4E#t=5m50s
Here's another instance of when uthrow killing was used:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0U9cCJtAig#t=2m8s

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
S: Meta Knight
A: Snake, Diddy Kong, Falco, Wario, Marth, Ice Climbers
B: Olimar, Pikachu, King Dedede, Mr. Game & Watch, Lucario, Zero Suit Samus
C: Toon Link, Kirby, Fox, R.O.B., Pit, Peach, Donkey Kong
D: Luigi, Wolf, (Zelda/Sheik), Sonic, Ike, Sheik, Ness, Pokémon Trainer
E: Yoshi, Lucas, Mario, Bowser
F: Captain Falcon, Samus, Jigglypuff, Link, Zelda
G: Ganondorf

1. Broken Tier
:metaknight:

2. Top tier
:snake:
:diddy:
:falco:

3. High tier
:popo:
:marth:
:pikachu2:
:dedede:

4. AA Tier (above average)
:lucario:
:zerosuitsamus:
:dk2:
:kirby2:
:mrgameandwatch:

5. Mid tier
:sonic:
:fox:
:rob:
:ike:
:zelda: :sheik:
:peach:
:wolf:
:sheik:
:ness2:

6. Low tier
:squirtle:
:yoshi2:
:falcon:
:jigglypuff:

7. Bottom tier
:samus2:
:bowser2:
:link2:
:zelda:
:ganondorf:

olimar: 3
wario:3T
tink: 3/4
Pit: 5
luigi: 5
Mario: 6
Lucas: 6B

This is my attempt to start a new trend.

There is an order within the tiers, this is my list of viability in a tournament setting. from most viable to least viable.

However, there is a handfull of characters that I didnt actually put in the list. This is because I dont know everything and I feel that I dont know enough about that character to in good conscience put him in a specific spot in the list. however, at the bottom, I listed all the characters i didnt put in and gave a general positioning of where I think I would put them, by numbered tier. the T and B next to the number correlate to the Top and Bottom of the numbered tier. Note that I dont know those characters well enough to make a decision on them. so dont take their positioning too strongly.

I would like to see more people doing this because I KNOW that the people who ARE making their personal lists know dont know every character to put them in specific spots the way they do, which leads to 'uhhhh i dont know much about this guy, but he SEEMS high tier' which is dumb, if you are going to put your thoughts out there, be confident in them.

If any one has qualms with my list, I dont mind discussing my it, just dont put too much stock in the omitted characters, they are not on the list for a reason.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
bowser has really bad strength for a heavyweight. hes also stupidly linear. you can spot dodge his side b and out space his up b, and bowser really cant do anything about it if you do those 2 things.

its really hard for him to get a grab.
if you put him in the air, there is nothing he can do aside from airdodging into an up b or side b ing on his landing.

overall, his general slow and sluggish nature makes him so useless, hes in the same class as ganon in my mind, the only reason hes better than link, is because his side b and up b, in actuality, are, really good.

@AMK,
read the post again dude, hes in there.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Maybe in a region where you can't infinite the big lug, as shown in the video.

Unfortunately BBR ruleset says that the infinite isn't banned iirc.

Which also should make G&W significantly higher because of a lack of a LGL (as well as Pit to a lesser extent, as much as I think this character gets overrated by bandwagons sometimes).

@Ussi I'd normally consider that a reason, except in general this was the case in all the matches, including this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2jOlKjqPvQ&feature=related

no standing infinite even when given the opportunity. Which of course I don't blame them, it's to be expected from a region that wants its good DKs to place.

@da KID: you know he can do more out of aerial klaw than just jump, right? He has very little lag afterward so if they spotdodge, you can jab, ftilt, upB, smash, etc. when you land.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@Ussi I'd normally consider that a reason, except in general this was the case in all the matches, including this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2jOlKjqPvQ&feature=related

no standing infinite even when given the opportunity. Which of course I don't blame them, it's to be expected from a region that wants its good DKs to place.
nitpicking but at 4:37 that was a standing infinite-able grab on DK's last stock too. though he lost in the end anyways.

Coney

Smash Master
nitpicking but at 4:37 that was a standing infinite-able grab on DK's last stock too. though he lost in the end anyways.
are you talking about the continued dthrows on the platform?

i sincerely hope not, i hate it when people do that

i mean if it was an infinite he would've had the opportunity to keep going

Laem

Smash Champion
i still think people should judge tiers and MU's (e.g D3 v DK) by the current metagame, not potential metagame...

D

Deleted member

i still think people should judge tiers and MU's (e.g D3 v DK) by the current metagame, not potential metagame...
This.

Too much 'what if' doesn't make a good, accurate list(see current list).

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Current list is actually pretty spot on. Don't know why people keep *****ing about it.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Because they were stupid enough to use mainly "potential" to bump up Fox to a stupid, unproven level.

inb4"notthisagain".
Being above ROB, Peach, Pit etc. garbage characters who haven't done anything in years is not much of a stretch. Like honestly which of the characters below Fox deserve to be higher than him....with the exception of Sonic?

Maybe DK. Definitely not Peach. ROB is debateable. Pit is just as "unproven" as you think Fox is. Wolf sucks.

So yea I don't get it it's like you guys are complaining just to complain about something.

In fact if they hadn't used the "P" word and just moved him up because they has power and is the BBR you guys probably would be fine with it.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Wolf is complete trash.

Fox walks on water. His existence gives out free wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom