• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ike's not -1 to Peach, rofl. Peach is way too light/not agile enough.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's pretty even based on when I played you (went to game 3), Praxis (went to game 3), Drk Peach, Razmakazi, and other peaches. I also don't recall other Ikes having difficulty with the MU.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Based on results, I can agree that at the moment it's even. Switched Ike to 0:.

You played me when I just started getting into the offline scene, I want a rematch :awesome:.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Illmatic, where were you at WHOBO? We could've played each other. I played Nicole and Silly Kyle, but I didn't play you.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I don't recall you saying hi to me. Oh wait... I think you talked to me about your set with Dojo. But still, we should've played each other. >(

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
nope.

I'm getting a car soon, as well as my license so maybe Houston will make a trip.

You never know.

offtheheezay10

Smash Rookie
Very pleased to see three even MU's with MK. Especially the Pikachu MU is encouraging.

Great work on the list! Much more useful than searching individually by character boards.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
there is no such thing as a character with a cp stage that metaknight does worse on than they do. people who rock at halberd, suck there against metaknight as he either outsharks, outgimps, or out kills you. and the people who he doesn't outkill there he more than makes up for with the other 2 things.

people who rock at platform stages like BF, he out juggles, out platform camps, and out platform combos them there. and now that it's been found out that he that stupid 0-death thing, he even out jab lock combos people when he knocks them off the platform.

people who think they can abuse the slants and platform at YI brawl, you obviously have not been gimped by his tilted dtilt spam. plus like bf he can abuse the platform more.

people who rock at FD, he is better than you there. for the most part, he can out combo, out gimp, hell if you don't have a projectile out camp, and out recover you. hell as pit i know how annoying it is as he is the only one who can chase me under the stage and get away with it.

people who normally pick rainbow cruise.... duh. hell even when japes is legal, well you get the point. if a character can hard cp you but you can NEVER cp them even a little bit, there is no way the match up is even. IMO

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i think there should be a rule that states if you use mk the first round and win then you cannot ban a stage (assuming a 2 out of 3 match). and during grand finals it's if you use mk at any point and win you lose your next stage ban. then at least people could fight him on a semi favorable ground and still get to ban there worst stage against him thus making it a little more fair.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Why? Lol. That's ********.

All these stupid rules to make Metaknight more fair. When will enough be enough?

I mean ****, I don't like fighting MK as much as the next guy, but at this rate we might as well ask an MK main to run a marathon, feed a certain amount of homeless people, donate half their winnings to a charity and then play MK with one hand on a wiimote to make it fair.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

All these stupid rules to make Metaknight more fair. When will enough be enough?

I mean ****, I don't like fighting MK as much as the next guy, but at this rate we might as well ask an MK main to run a marathon, feed a certain amount of homeless people, donate half their winnings to a charity and then play MK with one hand on a wiimote to make it fair.
People would rather jump through hoops than get rid of him. And that's not even looking at the character, but simply looking at people's attitudes.

"Is MK broken?"

"IDK John"

"Let's remove his Shuttle Loop"

"Ok boss. MYAH, SEE! YOU COPPERS AIN'T CATCHING ME NOW, SEE!"

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master

yet even then it wouldn't be fair :troll:

D

Deleted member

Meta Knight is the Arceus of Brawl.

Arceus is a Legendary Pokemon that is not allowed in competitive play. That's all I'm gonna say.

Flayl

Smash Hero
That kind of comparison has never been made for any game ever, specially not games that are more competition worthy than pokémon

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pokemon? Let's not talk about Pokemon. Pokemon is incredibly gay and I pray none of you are thinking about getting into it competitively.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, that's arguable which is more competition worthy.

Pokemon is a lot less random.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
But... Arceus isnt like... insane... sure hes ot the best overall stats, a good moveset, can be any type, and probably is the best pokemon, or at least one of the best, but regardless of what your arceus is built to do or what type he is, he still has weaknesses, and MK doesn't...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Honestly, that's arguable which is more competition worthy.

Pokemon is a lot less random.
Eh...

You don't necessarily have a TON of random, but you have a lot of effect "accuracy" questions that pop up. Like 10% freeze on Ice Beam seems fine, until it wildly goes off mark and freezes a lot or never freezes. Sweeps reliant on Boost being ruined by crits... eh. It's like oh you have a 6 CM Jirachi, my poor Heatran won't do enough damage to get past that. OH **** I CRIT, WHICH GOES THROUGH ANY BOOST. GG YOU DIED.

Crits are one thing, but having a lot of important moves deal with % likelyhood occurrences for effects is less than preferable. Move accuracy is fine, but effect accuracy is kinda gay. Strats like No Guard Machamp to get a 100% Dynamic Punch = Good thing. Strats like relying on a flinch/freeze/burn/poison/etc that has like a 10-20% chance... eh.

Maybe the latest gen will change things, but as someone who played the previous gens extensively I can easily say that any player can have countless matches that are decided over factors like that kicking in or not kicking in.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Why is Arceus being compared to MK?
When like... 25 pokemon are in Uber and atleast 21 of them are actually Legendary while the other 4 are apparently just broken enough to be in Uber rather then OU...

Also about the Crits, If i'm correct, there's atleast 2 or so items that increase the chance of Crits. Along with moves like Air Slash having a higher Critical Hit Ratio.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
But they have Critical hits, which is basically random most of the time.
Say a Machamp with no Item and 130 Base Atk Stat used cross Chop on Blissey with 714 HP and max Def.
It wouldn't faint of course and probably be down to Red health, but say the Machamp got a critical hit. Blissey would of course faint.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
the way dmg just described it, pokemon just seems like WoW lite.
But they have Critical hits, which is basically random most of the time.
Say a Machamp with no Item and 130 Base Atk Stat used cross Chop on Blissey with 714 HP and max Def.
It wouldn't faint of course and probably be down to Red health, but say the Machamp got a critical hit. Blissey would of course faint.
Actually, I believe that would faint it. Machamp with full ev and nature leaned on attack, with STAB high base damage move 2x Phy against Blissey is gonna hit incredibly hard. Unless my math is wrong, I'm pretty sure that's a 1hko. Like Dynamic Punch certainly is, and IIRC they have the same base damage at 100 right?

Regardless, it's not really examples like that where people get frustrated over. Crits on very important phases of a fight can completely ruin everything. Say my lead gets a crit or flinch over your lead. Now you're in a huge hole, especially if the lead went untouched and had Focus Sash for example. Depending on your best counter, I could get anything ranging from another dead pokemon, to a free setup turn or switch to counter.

Or say that I set up on a Pokemon that isn't supposed to get through at all under normal circumstances. Like I'm cursing up and someone who barely 2hko's me without curse boosts behind me, is thrown out. He might take 4-5+ hits now to kill me, but 1 crit could instantly kill me for going through boosts.

Another random thing that blows that is less mentioned is damage rolling. Having a window of variable potential damage whenever you do the same move in the same situation is kinda butt, even if that window is a margin that is small like less than 5% difference. When my flamethrower can range anywhere from 48% to 51+% of the other guy's HP every time I use it, I'm getting a gamble on whether or not it will 2hko him.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I should've been more specific... Adamant Nature and EV's being the Bulk Up spread, Basically focusing on HP rather then attack, but it still having 128 put into it along with Speed.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I should've been more specific... Adamant Nature and EV's being the Bulk Up spread, Basically focusing on HP rather then attack, but it still having 128 put into it along with Speed.
Why are you running the Bulk up set?

Nvm, ran the math. It's one of those things where you're expected to KO Blissey, but she has a small chance of living the 1HKO. Assuming you have max attack and nature lean Attack. If you have half max EV/128, then you probably can't 1hko it barely.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I believe OHKO moves are banned because of the luck and broken set-ups they have.

Evasion boosting is also banned if I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom