• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
God you're all terrible machamp isn't even useful anymore.

RR is correct on both accounts too, except evasion boosting on abilities (sand veil, Snow cloak) is ok

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Well, Garchomp was banned in general in america lol (Stupid Yache Berry)

Yeah, IMO evasion boosts are stupid, but then, Stone edge is too. You can't really do much about missing excpet deal w/ it

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
getting hit with a poorly timed critical attack is way worse than a trip.
especially since you shouldn't really be running that much to begin with and brawl's metagame is in the air.

also, so glad stealth rocks isn't a TM anymore omg

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so ya. koolaid is maining pit again. just thought i'd throw that out there as soon pit will have a high level player showing people why he is good again :p

*throws down smoke bomb and disapears*

ErikG

Smash Ace
so ya. koolaid is maining pit again. just thought i'd throw that out there as soon pit will have a high level player showing people why he is good again :p
Kool-Aid does really well in NE, but he tends to choke out of region.
Personally, I hope he does well next time he goes OoR with Pit.

MVD

Smash Master
so yeah I was looking at the Snake MU chart and.... ITS ALL LIES XD there are errors on that chart imo

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well then.
I'll change my statement to nobody should be even with mk

Steam

Smash Hero
I've asked that too... due to MKs CPs on falco... Falco has to have an advantage on neutrals for it to be even.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Horrible is an overstatement. Mediocre is more accurate.

And I am still of the opinion that Mach Punch really pushes conk over machamp

MVD

Smash Master
I see Pikachu as being wrong its worse than -1 imo with my experience of the MU, I dont think he has a +1 against Diddy either I forgotwhat else I dont agree with im not looking at it atm

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's because Falco is serious business and has nicer damage-racking potential, as well as a better teleportation device.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Horrible is an overstatement. Mediocre is more accurate.

And I am still of the opinion that Mach Punch really pushes conk over machamp
Yes, Conkeldurr is "better" than Machamp, but Machamp is far from useless. He fills a very niche role as an anti-lead that Conkeldurr can't. When it comes to being a Bulk Up sweeper, yes, Conkeldurr is better at it, but that's not the ideal role for Machamp to play. You're effectively comparing apples and oranges at that point. The reason Conkeldurr is "better" (which is still subjective) is because Machamp really shines in the first slot of a team whereas Conkeldurr outperforms him in any of the other five.

Also, Bullet Punch Machamp isn't horrible. I hope he gets Mach Punch in Gray. :(

Scrafty > Machamp & Conk
rofl.

Scrafty is clinging to a bottom spot in OU at best, but lacks the power and priority of Conkeldurr and the power, type coverage and confusion of Machamp. Scrafty is another niche type of Pokemon that is a gimmicky slow/bulky sweeper without priority who can get rid of status or use Dragon Tail. His damage output sucks until he gets a few Bulk Ups in because he's forced to have defensive EV distribution. He also gets ***** head to head by both of them. :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Either your sarcasm detector is broken, or you just love talking, Doom.

Because of this, I hope Machamp never gets Mach Punch.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Machamp wouldn't be that broken with Mach Punch. He would have been more broken with it last gen than this Gen actually.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
pokemon is not designed to matter if a pokemon is better than another one. in fact it's based on certain pokemon being better than all the others. that's why legendaries even exist. pokemon was made to be a one player game. that's why it's on gameboy. i can't believe that it is even played competitively. although i've been out of the gameboy loop since ny gameboy color got stolen like 3 years ago. and since i never owned an advance i've actually been out for like 8 years. not to say i never borrowed my friend's advance and beat some games, but...... you know the more i type the more i wanna go out and get a new gameboy and start rocking the gameboy games again because i always loved my old game boy games. i think im gonna get a 3ds soon now.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Yes, Conkeldurr is "better" than Machamp, but Machamp is far from useless. He fills a very niche role as an anti-lead that Conkeldurr can't. When it comes to being a Bulk Up sweeper, yes, Conkeldurr is better at it, but that's not the ideal role for Machamp to play. You're effectively comparing apples and oranges at that point. The reason Conkeldurr is "better" (which is still subjective) is because Machamp really shines in the first slot of a team whereas Conkeldurr outperforms him in any of the other five.

Also, Bullet Punch Machamp isn't horrible. I hope he gets Mach Punch in Gray. :(
I'm surprised you didn't mention No Guard Dynamic punch lol. That's my favorite thing about Machamp actually, because it makes him far harder to switch in on (except ghosts with WoW obviously, **** that)

So yes, I was being overdramatic.

Maharba, you are sooo wrong lol. Being a legend means nothing. Yes Mewtwo is broken and a legend, but articuno sucks *** and is a legend. The 2 pokemon Doom and I are talking about Basically strictly outclass a trio of legends that just came out, yet neither are legendary

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
pokemon was made to be a one player game. that's why it's on gameboy.
Terrible opinion that goes against fact. Fact is that Nintendo hyped link battles and multiplayer when they released RBY. Then gamefreak itself made an effort to put some sort of balance and depth into pokemon when they made the next games. Granted some things slipped through the cracks (CMCune in RSE, Specsmence in DPP) but since you can't patch game boy games, you can see they put forth the effort unlike Sakurai and Brawl.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean yeah. No Guard Machamp last gen was ****. Throw it in against something that has to switch, throw sub up, enjoy perfect coverage with Stone Edge/DP/Payback

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Were gonna have to ban Utah from our tourney at this rate ZZ

While nintendo doesn't patch their games per-se, they make a new one every year, updating a bunch of stuff (accuracy of moves mostly), and adding to movepools to counteract broken stuff (mostly, Yache Chomp never got a legit counter in gen 4)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I don't mean competetivly, I mean on an epicness chart.

Scrafty is the coolest pokemon of all time. OF ALL TIME.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Pokemon. The only thing that game does well is annoy me with my opponent always landing critical hits on me and weren't even using Focus Energy. Or how my attacks miss like 5-6 times in a row when I get hit with 1 blasted Sand Attack yet I do the same 4-6 times and they still hit me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom