• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

shlike

Smash Ace
I actually get like that a lot. Whenever I start feeling that way, everything I do is kind of "bleh" and feels repetitive. It's like very little truly works, and not only is it boring to play that way, but it's not going to win you matches in the long run right?

This is true, however, we are really putting limits on ourselves, not the character. You can in fact be unpredictable with her, and when you play a match with great creativeness, it feels both fun and incredibly satisfying. Not to mention, you might draw a small crowd and get a few "oooOO"s and "aaaHHH"s :laugh:

Playing a character like ZSS certainly has its ups and downs. Hopefully though, you'll see the ups outweigh the downs (sorry if this sounded corny but oh well)

heh oohs and ahhs are always good, and really zss is too **** fun to drop. and if i were to switch mains i'd probably kick myself in the long run anyway. thanks for the advice

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
shlike in all honesty I think what would help you out a lot in some critiques on your playstyle. I duno about you, but I start not having fun when I'm spamming side b too much, and once I realize that I'm not having fun, I know that I have to ease up on the spam and go for more combos.

If there's one thing we can take from Melee, it's that combos are fun, and effective, and you play a character that is made to combo, so there's no reason to not implement those aspects of her game.

I don't know much at all about your playstyle, these are just things I've noticed in my game. I did search youtube for you and found some old vids that were pretty bad to be honest, but I'm assuming you've improved in these last 4 monthes, just like how I was pretty **** bad 4 monthes ago.

So yeah, get a current vid up and ask for critiques. But if you can't do that, just consciously put a little aggressive edge in your game. One mistake, and your goal is to make them eat 20-40% every time. That's how we win matches.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Anyone get BlazBlue for the 360 and would like to play me? My Gamertag is ZSSnake...lol stupid name
I'm picking it up tomorrow when it gets shipped into the store where I preordered. I'm all over multiplayer for that. I'm pretty much done with Smash once I start playing it.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Shlike...Are you going to OHSNAP ?

You're the only other ZSS in the OK/TX area it seems. Maybe I could learn you a thing or two...or vice-versa. ;)

Zero

Smash Hero
It's a tough one... Perfect shield dashing and predict the fsmash/jab/ftilt. Wolf boards say we can duck underneath the laser but I have never been able to do it.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Approaching Wolf... how does it work best?
its like falco but not as hard, uhh walk forward shield walk forward shield, I mean he can't really punish that :(, then just over B while moving backwards to catch his hand if he does a blaster but far enough away ghost claw will whiff and give you time for a standing d-tilt.

If he isn't blaster spamming, or will quickly stop once he knows you can hit him, approach with b-air, he really can't stop it. I mean this matchup is kinda tricky but after playing falcos its bliss.

Also get some match exp, because wolf players do alot of **** against ppl who arn't used to a matchup they normally can't get away with, lol d-toss blaster will hit 90% of the time, against ppl who don't know the match haha.

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice
Snakeee!
Just a few Q's:

1. What do you think on the Fox Matchup?
Best Neutral against him?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I'd put it 55-45 us just because we have the potential for that 0-90 or w/e, and Fox is light and easily comboed.

We're light too and Fox has ******** good killing in Usmash. Be very careful when you short hop, Fox is fast enough to dash in and kill you if you aren't spaced correctly.

noradseven

Smash Lord
ohhh my gosh forum invasion also FYI, while snakeee is probably the best known ZSS, he isn't like the undisputed best or anything.

And julz question has been answered in like 1 dozne threads.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'd put it 55-45 us just because we have the potential for that 0-90 or w/e, and Fox is light and easily comboed.

We're light too and Fox has ******** good killing in Usmash. Be very careful when you short hop, Fox is fast enough to dash in and kill you if you aren't spaced correctly.
I agree.
Best Neutral against Fox? I'd have to say Battlefield, or Lylat if it's on as a neutral.

And hey, let's cut back on the "who's the best?" talk on here please. It just creates silly arguments, and I'd rather them not be on this thread.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Trying to answer "who's the best" when all of the potential best ZSSes don't attend the same tournaments is exactly why Armada caught USA off guard in Melee singles.

Don't do it. D:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I agree.
Best Neutral against Fox? I'd have to say Battlefield, or Lylat if it's on as a neutral.

And hey, let's cut back on the "who's the best?" talk on here please. It just creates silly arguments, and I'd rather them not be on this thread.
Trying to answer "who's the best" when all of the potential best ZSSes don't attend the same tournaments is exactly why Armada caught USA off guard in Melee singles.

Don't do it. D:
Well, to nip this in the bud...
I'M THE BEST!
jkjkjkjkjk

Snakeee

Smash Master

Don't do it. D:
Omg, the Squid....I miss Rocket Power :(. Is it available somewhere on dvd or something? I'd totally buy it :laugh:

It went super downhill after they changed Twister's voice into some weird deep monstrosity >_>
so I only want the ones before that.

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice
thanks guys, theres this fox that givs me a really hard time.....
annoying as hell, aside from campy.

orenn

Smash Rookie
Quick question

Hey, I have a quick question for any zero suit player out there. I main as ZSS and consider myself to be above average. I've won a few local tournaments and seem to win alot of 1V1s against my circle of friends. However, whenever I play in tournaments, I get stuck on one thing; projectile campers. Two characters I mainly struggle with are Lucario and Shiek. Both can destroy me by camping shadow ball or needle storm. I just CAN'T approach to save my life. Can anyone help with this? Snakeee? (^_^);;
( I must admit, I am a little nervous posting here though. I lurk on smash boards all the time and frankly, you guys can be mean! Im worried someone is gonna text-**** me for not posting in the right board or something... (>.>) )

Thanks in advance for any help!

Zero

Smash Hero
Wrong board! x_x

Joking! Lucario and Shiek are considered tougher characters to play against with SSS, for the exact reason you have trouble against them. The only way you can really safely approach is dash forward and perfect shield/spotdodge. Alternatively, against Lucario, you can force him to approach if you have a percentage lead as your paralyser cancels out his Aura Sphere. Against Shiek, it's all up to your reaction time to the needle throwing sound.

Handling projectiles is one of the difficult things about playing ZSS, because she often has no answer to them.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Here is a tip get one of your friends to play pit another to play falco(get him to double laser), and play 2v1 team damage off after 1 hour you will be pro at dodging projectiles, except for falcos *his are still gay).

orenn

Smash Rookie
Wrong board! x_x

Joking! Lucario and Shiek are considered tougher characters to play against with SSS, for the exact reason you have trouble against them. The only way you can really safely approach is dash forward and perfect shield/spotdodge. Alternatively, against Lucario, you can force him to approach if you have a percentage lead as your paralyser cancels out his Aura Sphere. Against Shiek, it's all up to your reaction time to the needle throwing sound.

Handling projectiles is one of the difficult things about playing ZSS, because she often has no answer to them.
Here is a tip get one of your friends to play pit another to play falco(get him to double laser), and play 2v1 team damage off after 1 hour you will be pro at dodging projectiles, except for falcos *his are still gay).
Thanks both of you. I'll try both! (^_^) My problem is, I always try to jump the projectile than land with an over b. they always hit me before my over b hits them. I'll try approaching with a perfect shield though!

noradseven

Smash Lord
Thanks both of you. I'll try both! (^_^) My problem is, I always try to jump the projectile than land with an over b. they always hit me before my over b hits them. I'll try approaching with a perfect shield though!
Here is another method because PSing can get a little frustrating and plus then falco(and others) can still use it to unscale his moves (a bad thing to let happen). When you jump backwards you see how you get very horizontal well you can use that and fast falling to assist your jump air dodge approach.

Zero

Smash Hero
I used to try this all the time, it always resulted in getting wrecked. It puts you in a disadvantageous position as ZSS (above someone) and generally you suck up a lot more damage than you dish out, which as a light character, is not good.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Hey, I have a quick question for any zero suit player out there. I main as ZSS and consider myself to be above average. I've won a few local tournaments and seem to win alot of 1V1s against my circle of friends. However, whenever I play in tournaments, I get stuck on one thing; projectile campers. Two characters I mainly struggle with are Lucario and Shiek. Both can destroy me by camping shadow ball or needle storm. I just CAN'T approach to save my life. Can anyone help with this? Snakeee? (^_^);;
( I must admit, I am a little nervous posting here though. I lurk on smash boards all the time and frankly, you guys can be mean! Im worried someone is gonna text-**** me for not posting in the right board or something... (>.>) )

Thanks in advance for any help!
It's pretty much what Zero said.
When you gain a certain level of experience fighting projectile heavy characters, powershielding them almost comes natural after a while. Once you can do this, approach with caution. Dash - powershield - dash - powershield - etc. Then when you get close enough try to punish them after PSing with something like d-tilt/f-tilt. Short hopping and airdodging with good timing is usually effective too.

Zero

Smash Hero
So Snakeee, I have one question..

Do you have a select group of videos which you think are your best played, and/or epitomise your style of ZSS?

Top Bottom