• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

shlike

Smash Ace
Friends?...Oh is that what we are when people ask?

I have put too much time into this relationship. It's over, Shlike....OH, and btw. I was faking it when I let you 3 stock me.
all the time you put in??? don't make a bro laugh bro.

i was the one who did everything, and i was the one who let you 3 stock me.

also please go to the hobo in january and or world hobo 2

that goes for all zss mains :)

Gah777

Smash Lord
Hey Snakeee, I got a question (and this has prolly been asked before, but) why do you have those 2 extra e's at the end of Snake?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Hey Snakeee, I got a question (and this has prolly been asked before, but) why do you have those 2 extra e's at the end of Snake?
Lol, because I was lazy and wanted to make a quick smashboards name :laugh:
It's better off that it became "Snakey" though since the character, Snake, is in the game now >_>

Snakeee

Smash Master
So snakeee you going to bum's tourney on sat?
Nah, I'm upstate at school right now so I can't go to as many. I wanted to bc they had Blazblue also :-\

Do you think ROB and GaW should be higher or lower than ZSS on the tier list, and why?
Not anymore. Rob and G&W both have too many...obvious options that they almost HAVE to do and can be punished. ZSS actually has that too, but in far less cases.

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I'm upstate at school right now so I can't go to as many. I wanted to bc they had Blazblue also :-\

Not anymore. Rob and G&W both have too many...obvious options that they almost HAVE to do and can be punished. ZSS actually has that too, but in far less cases.
that sux i was hopin to see you there. Plus, ive also started playin blazblu and man that game is fun. Gotta say about the MU, I believe we'll see ZSS rising up on the tier list. Ahead of ROB and GW maybe.

Salem

Smash Champion
Snakeee. >_>

Do you remember that random combo I pulled a long time ago on your Peach?

I remember something about throwing the peice up and doing something but I forgot about it and I need to remember what it was so I can add that back into my peices playstyle.

I don't really have much peices combos for the air so it is important.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Snakeee. >_>

Do you remember that random combo I pulled a long time ago on your Peach?

I remember something about throwing the peice up and doing something but I forgot about it and I need to remember what it was so I can add that back into my peices playstyle.

I don't really have much peices combos for the air so it is important.
Sorry, but how am I supposed to know a random combo you did a super long time ago? :confused:
I've done a couple of nice things while having a piece above an opponent, like simply up airing them into the piece. Hope you remember what it was though, and then plz share :)

Blind Fremen

Smash Cadet
Holy crap I didn't know SFP was a girl!

Btw, Snakeee, next time you team with another female character make your team name "Team Hot Chicks." That's the whole reason I started playing ZSS!

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
In general, how much do you get jipped for using ZSS, Zelda and Peach?

Also, I find Uair hard to land. How do I land more of them, seeing as how it's supposed to be one of her better moves?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Holy crap I didn't know SFP was a girl!

Btw, Snakeee, next time you team with another female character make your team name "Team Hot Chicks." That's the whole reason I started playing ZSS!
He's not :laugh:

And that name is too stereotypical lol. The female chars are cute though :3

Snakeee

Smash Master
In general, how much do you get jipped for using ZSS, Zelda and Peach?

Also, I find Uair hard to land. How do I land more of them, seeing as how it's supposed to be one of her better moves?
What do you mean jipped? Like made fun of? lol If so, then quite a bit XD.

You have to be able to do up airs instantly off the ground and out of shield. The timing should come with experience.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
What should do/pracice in what order to better my ZSS playing?

P.S.
I just wanna tell snakeee thanks for encuraging me at clash of the titans 4, it really motivates me.

I was the kid who played zss and luigi at the beginning of the first day with you.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I wish JC Usmash didn't exist, it makes my uair OOS so inconsistent
I know what you mean, but I use that at times :ohwell:
Decent mix up considering it's her only move that has long-lasting hitboxes like that really so if it's unexpected it will often work I feel.

What should do/pracice in what order to better my ZSS playing?

P.S.
I just wanna tell snakeee thanks for encuraging me at clash of the titans 4, it really motivates me.

I was the kid who played zss and luigi at the beginning of the first day with you.
Aw, thanks. Yeah I remember you. :)

And that's a pretty general question, but I recommend trying to play against the best players you can find in your area as well as trying to enter as many tournaments that you can (without it getting in the way of the rest of your social life! :laugh:)

Also, if you don't have anyone around really then I guess you should play wifi considering some players somehow got where they are from it, surprisingly.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I have a question. What's the best way to connecting a Uair after successfully attacking the opponent with a UpB in the air? I figured I just have to be faster, but after having been so long with no progress on that, I'm wondering if there's a certain way to approach it.

It seems as though I can only rarely connect a Uair afterwards, yet I see some skilled players able to do it quite often in videos. Does tap jump play a big part in this? I haven't experimented with the Tap Jump On/Off feature yet.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
So first, the cake combo isn't really legit at all percents. Second, if you're rising while doing up b (boost jumping) you'll miss them, they'll fly under you before you can hit them. It works best when you're falling and you pull them down with you

Snakeee

Smash Master
Nope. My Xbox gamertag is ZSSnake btw, but I really only play blazblue on there atm.

I have a question. What's the best way to connecting a Uair after successfully attacking the opponent with a UpB in the air? I figured I just have to be faster, but after having been so long with no progress on that, I'm wondering if there's a certain way to approach it.

It seems as though I can only rarely connect a Uair afterwards, yet I see some skilled players able to do it quite often in videos. Does tap jump play a big part in this? I haven't experimented with the Tap Jump On/Off feature yet.
Do you mean when dragging them down? Or connecting it directly, and possibly gimping them off the top of the stage (which is awesome :D) ?

For the first one, it would only work at certain percentages, and is often DI'ed anyway but is still useful often enough.

To directly do an up air off of Up B you'll have to make sure NOT to hit them with the end part, which can be harder than it sounds. It often drags them into that part anyway, and I think possibly purposely "off-spacing" it will help in making it less likely to connect with the tip. I'm not sure about that though, and it might cause the up air to miss or sourspot.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Nope. My Xbox gamertag is ZSSnake btw, but I really only play blazblue on there atm.Or connecting it directly, and possibly gimping them off the top of the stage (which is awesome :D) ?[/COLOR]

To directly do an up air off of Up B you'll have to make sure NOT to hit them with the end part, which can be harder than it sounds. It often drags them into that part anyway, and I think possibly purposely "off-spacing" it will help in making it less likely to connect with the tip. I'm not sure about that though, and it might cause the up air to miss or sourspot.

[/COLOR]
The off-spacing sounds about right. Starting the attack closer or farther away could make the tip less likely to make contact. Thanks for that advice since that will help, but since I can normally avoid making initial contact with the tip, I am actually asking about how to create the Uair opportunity after the UpB drags the opponent down even though the opponent wasn't initially hit by the tip.

I think a video will help me out on this. Here's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0PodRgjmKY

At 2:19, ZSS is able to attack with the UpB stem without the tip getting in the way afterwards, so there is no drag, allowing for an easier Uair follow-up. I can see how the Uair is possible here. However, my question concerns the situation at 0:54.

At 0:54, ZSS is able to connect with the UpB, and while the opponent seems to again be attacked by the stem first, he is then pulled down slightly from the retracting tip of the whip (creating what looks like a two-hit attack with the tip being the second hit). Like you said, most of the time the opponent will get dragged down to some degree anyway. However, the ZSS player still manages to reach an opening to follow-up with a Uair. Seizing this type of Uair opportunity is what I don't know how to do very well, and because it still has KO potential, I think it would help my game out a lot. For some reason, I can't descend downwards far enough in enough time to catch the opponent in the Uair.

If this sparked any more insight, I'm all ears. If not, your previous advice should still help me out (I can see what I can do with my spacing after reading your last post).

Top Bottom