• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Snakeee

Smash Master
So Snakeee, I have one question..

Do you have a select group of videos which you think are your best played, and/or epitomise your style of ZSS?
Honestly I don't think any of my vids are me at my best by any means. They're not really that good at all, but hopefully I get some better ones up eventually. I really want "lightxdream" to put up the vids from this tourney a few months ago, but he's going through some stuff so I don't know if he will.
The best I have up, which are really old though, are my MM against Atomsk, and the teams matches with me and Spam vs Inui and Atomsk (well not the first one).
Btw, I love your avy

Snakeee, are you a good kisser?
Lmao. I think so. Well, when I was younger and kissing was like the only thing appropriate, I remember doing so for nearly an hour straight. I remember my friend noticing, and saying "Don't you two have to breathe!???"

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice
Snakeee, what do you think a ZSS should learn to get better Vs Mks?

honestly, ive been to two tourneys and ive ben taken out by a MK.

its annoying.

Cia

das kwl
I really want "lightxdream" to put up the vids from this tourney a few months ago, but he's going through some stuff so I don't know if he will.
Next time I see him, I'll put them up. I had to take the melee vids from him because he never uploaded them.. lolz

umm.. sup ZSS boards

Snakeee

Smash Master
Next time I see him, I'll put them up. I had to take the melee vids from him because he never uploaded them.. lolz

umm.. sup ZSS boards
Thanks a lot, but he actually started putting them up now :).
Here's my set from last month agianst Dabuz (he beat me last weekend actually)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4cqz65F-TI

Zero

Smash Hero
It'll kill, one way or another.

Btw, I love your avy
lol thanks, it's only a temporary avatar though, it's the only one I could find on my PC because I accidently left my SWF account logged on at a friend's house and he changed all of my stuff and spammed under my name. :(

shlike

Smash Ace
lol my playstyle is very close to yours snakeee

punishing airdodges close to the ground with dsmash is really fun lawl

and i think the dsmash you got on dabuz on lylat off stage was a spike

but you killed him anyway

either way pretty good stuff

Snakeee

Smash Master
@Snakeee:

Why is your thread so dead? :(
Last post was: 07-27-2009, 08:25 PM

...Dear GOD that is bad!

I like forgot I even had this thread! :(

Well, make an attempt to revive it; ask me something NOW!

It doesn't even have to be ZSS related. Ask me why I use semicolons or ask me what gender the character in my avatar is. :confused:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Snakeee doesn't spend enough time hanging around telling people he's good. He spends too much time playing BlazBlue. So new players don't know he's good. They think people like me are good because I talk too much.

Snakeee should hang around more, so people don't get the wrong idea.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Do you feel like you're still into the game or are you moving towards retirement would you say?
You definitely don't have to be concerned about making my reservations for the home just yet. :)
In fact this is the point of my life where I'm just going to start getting crazy, and doing whatever I want. I realized I'm at the age where I can pretty much get away with doing anything. :psycho: (I'm 21 btw)
So yeah, competitive gaming is still fresh for me, and I want to start entering Blazblue as well, as Ph00t mentioned.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Also lol at ph00ts comment its true, but ph00t your advice is normally solid, so that is probably why.

You definitely don't have to be concerned about making my reservations for the home just yet. :)
In fact this is the point of my life where I'm just going to start getting crazy, and doing whatever I want. I realized I'm at the age where I can pretty much get away with doing anything. :psycho: (I'm 21 btw)
So yeah, competitive gaming is still fresh for me, and I want to start entering Blazblue as well, as Ph00t mentioned.
waoh ouran host club avatar, nice.

Hey snakeee when are you going to get on IRC so I can play you in BB again? This time I was thinking about screwing around with the other characters I play as well... rachel/carl.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Snakeee please don't retire.
You ad Claw are my inspiration.
Since his retirement you are the only Zero Suit Samus that I've been looking for.
If you retire too then.. ;_;

Btw who's your main in Blazblue?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Also lol at ph00ts comment its true, but ph00t your advice is normally solid, so that is probably why.

waoh ouran host club avatar, nice.

Hey snakeee when are you going to get on IRC so I can play you in BB again? This time I was thinking about screwing around with the other characters I play as well... rachel/carl.
I was just on now, you answered me and then signed off lol.
I'm supposed to be doing a paper that I have 2 hours left to finish, and counts as my midterm, but I....well ....ughhhh

Snakeee please don't retire.
You ad Claw are my inspiration.
Since his retirement you are the only Zero Suit Samus that I've been looking for.
If you retire too then.. ;_;

Btw who's your main in Blazblue?
This gets a big...AWWW!
I'm not quitting, but I'm glad someone actually cares if I did lol. I've been getting too sloppy lately and I'm slipping big time on rankings. It's so hard to try and consistently have a mid tier character place in tourneys :(.

Ironically, I play the best character in Blazblue, Nu. Or Norad says the latest tier list says otherwise, but it's probably still Nu regardless. I pick my characters based on their design, and how much I enjoy playing as them, not so much their tier status (although I want them to at least be pretty viable)

noradseven

Smash Lord
I was just on now, you answered me and then signed off lol.
I'm supposed to be doing a paper that I have 2 hours left to finish, and counts as my midterm, but I....well ....ughhhh

This gets a big...AWWW!
I'm not quitting, but I'm glad someone actually cares if I did lol. I've been getting too sloppy lately and I'm slipping big time on rankings. It's so hard to try and consistently have a mid tier character place in tourneys :(.

Ironically, I play the best character in Blazblue, Nu. Or Norad says the latest tier list says otherwise, but it's probably still Nu regardless. I pick my characters based on their design, and how much I enjoy playing as them, not so much their tier status (although I want them to at least be pretty viable)
Yeah sorry about that Im in class at this time so I go on off alot, and don't worry nu is still gay she is only .5 points behind rachel, because nu:carl is like 5.5:4.5carl, and rachel:carl is like 7:3 rachel and that one match is a 2.5 point difference so. Right now its
S tier: Rachel,Nu,Arakune
A:Carl,Jin
B:Tao,Litchi
C:Ragna,Noel
D:Bang,Haku
T: Tager

Also have you done well at any tournies in BB or smash lately?

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman

This gets a big...AWWW!

I know what you're talking about. I usually reach GF with my Zero Suit in Italy but sometimes I have to switch to.. Snake </3
I enjoy Snake too but it's not the same thing whit him. :(

I love Nu too for her design (I'm fan of mecha and cyborg in general) and for her moveset. I'm probably gonna main her when the PAL version will be released.. Next year >_>.

Btw I'm 21 too lol. I know what you mean for crazy :laugh:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Y'all're making me feel old. I turned 23 just a month ago.

I love Nu too for her design (I'm fan of mecha and cyborg in general) and for her moveset. I'm probably gonna main her when the PAL version will be released.. Next year >_>.
You mean when Continuum Shift hits Arcades in Japan? Even for a European release date, that's bull.

Snakeee

Smash Master
He had to play his bro. LOOOL
Yup :(

stfu dude 17th is not easy to get in a 100 man tourney and a national at that.

i consider myself one of the best zss mains in the country and my placings are garbage compared to snakeee's.

17th aint bad yo
Wasn't really a "national", and thanks but I wasn't all too happy with it. I mean I could've done worse, but meh...

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Y'all're making me feel old. I turned 23 just a month ago..
I'm 24 >_<

Snakeee, what character did the other guy you lost to at Viridian use? Just curious.

Placing with just ZSS is pretty tough. My area is pretty solid too. Falco is gaining popularity :(. I'm getting pretty decent though. A bunch of us MD/VA players are going to that tourney in PA next Saturday to see how we do. Anyone else here going?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Yes I was there. I got teamed with some Wolf player at random who used the classic controller and kept hitting me. Nice guy though. I'm sure he'd find even more things to say about me that aren't good, so I'll leave it there.

In singles I lost every game. I wasn't really in it, I had a lot of other things on my mind (boys) and ended up basically sandbagging my game because I had to leave early; not that it matters, I wouldn't have done well anyway, maybe might have won a set, but that's it.

I met Snakeee, he's a really nice guy with a cute face and a peculiar handshake. Between he and his brother he is clearly the good-looking one. We had subway together; I ate a ****ty pizza and he got a sandwich. I can't remember if he ate the whole thing. His friend poked me in creepy ways with an umbrella. I also met a lot of other really nice people like Mage, Chaosmarth, hippiedude, pierce, etc. Pierce owned me and my random wolf classic controller-using friend in our first doubles set, actually.

Anyway, I wasn't really looking to place, just for the experience of being at a tourney that big in a region this competitive. Next time I'll do better, I'm playing regularly with good players now.

A few lessons for those of you going to a tourney this big:

1. Pick a tag you're happy with, having people yell "HEY SUPERMODEL FROM PARIS" was really awkward and I just didn't consider it. Maybe tag change inc... not nearly as funny in real life.

2. If you are two stocks ahead and your opponent is camping under a platform just run away and let him stand there. You win. Maybe I should have thought about that.

3. Every match you play will be a gimmick team or a stupid character you dont' know very well and you will lose.

Overall I had fun and I'll probably go next time.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'm 24 >_<

Snakeee, what character did the other guy you lost to at Viridian use? Just curious.

Placing with just ZSS is pretty tough. My area is pretty solid too. Falco is gaining popularity :(. I'm getting pretty decent though. A bunch of us MD/VA players are going to that tourney in PA next Saturday to see how we do. Anyone else here going?
Lost to a Wario, and my brother (Meta)

Yes I was there. I got teamed with some Wolf player at random who used the classic controller and kept hitting me. Nice guy though. I'm sure he'd find even more things to say about me that aren't good, so I'll leave it there.

In singles I lost every game. I wasn't really in it, I had a lot of other things on my mind (boys) and ended up basically sandbagging my game because I had to leave early; not that it matters, I wouldn't have done well anyway, maybe might have won a set, but that's it.

I met Snakeee, he's a really nice guy with a cute face and a peculiar handshake. Between he and his brother he is clearly the good-looking one. We had subway together; I ate a ****ty pizza and he got a sandwich. I can't remember if he ate the whole thing. His friend poked me in creepy ways with an umbrella. I also met a lot of other really nice people like Mage, Chaosmarth, hippiedude, pierce, etc. Pierce owned me and my random wolf classic controller-using friend in our first doubles set, actually.

Anyway, I wasn't really looking to place, just for the experience of being at a tourney that big in a region this competitive. Next time I'll do better, I'm playing regularly with good players now.

A few lessons for those of you going to a tourney this big:

1. Pick a tag you're happy with, having people yell "HEY SUPERMODEL FROM PARIS" was really awkward and I just didn't consider it. Maybe tag change inc... not nearly as funny in real life.

2. If you are two stocks ahead and your opponent is camping under a platform just run away and let him stand there. You win. Maybe I should have thought about that.

3. Every match you play will be a gimmick team or a stupid character you dont' know very well and you will lose.

Overall I had fun and I'll probably go next time.
Haha, I knew I was the better looking one! And leave me alone about my handshake :(

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Snakeee and I were the only ZSS players at this tournament, I believe, which is bizarre. I got a lot of attention during my friendlies, actually, even though I lost most of them (not badly, just barely usually). There was a lot of "Oh wow a ZSS player." How weird, you'd think they wouldn't be surprised in a region where one places so well.

Something worth noting: I went up against a lot of ICs mains during friendlies, very very popular character at Viridian this time. There were at least half a dozen Yoshi mains, too. And you couldn't swing a dead Meta Knight around the room without smacking into at least a dozen Marth mains, either.

There was a REALLY talented Lucas player, which made me happy. I don't think he placed well at all but watching his friendlies was really inspiring. He lost a lot of them due to silly mistakes but I wish I'd gotten his tag, because I can tell he's going to be amazing.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
There was a REALLY talented Lucas player, which made me happy. I don't think he placed well at all but watching his friendlies was really inspiring. He lost a lot of them due to silly mistakes but I wish I'd gotten his tag, because I can tell he's going to be amazing.
Could have been Noraa maybe? I dunno, he was one of the like 7 md/va players who went up there and he mains Lucas. I saw that you faced Sin. He had asked me to team, because I was supposed to go, but then work ruined everything like always.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Y'all're making me feel old. I turned 23 just a month ago.

You mean when Continuum Shift hits Arcades in Japan? Even for a European release date, that's bull.
The release date is in February. ;_;
All I can do is follow the american and japanese footage on youtube and that piss me off.

EDIT: Nice Dissidia's Squall avatar Snakeee. I love that game.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Looks like VC6 was a succes and failure at the same time, lulz.

I'm known as a Falco main around Holland, but I was playing some ZSS friendlies with a friend, and there were literally 10-20 people watching, all taking turns to play my ZSS.
I made up some new flashy tactics that are totally not helping me win but look good nontheless x)

Mhm, even won a set with her. Should've taken her for another set looking back at it, because I saw the guy had Falco experience. Ah well.

Snakeee

Smash Master
The release date is in February. ;_;
All I can do is follow the american and japanese footage on youtube and that piss me off.

EDIT: Nice Dissidia's Squall avatar Snakeee. I love that game.
Thanks, I've changed my avatar 3 or 4 times in 3 days though. I think have a problem. :dizzy:

EDIT: I'm trying to find the avatar from the FFVIII menu screen, if anyone has it (I did but lost it)
...well actually I might like this one better anyway

solecalibur

Smash Master
Snakeee and I were the only ZSS players at this tournament, I believe, which is bizarre. I got a lot of attention during my friendlies, actually, even though I lost most of them (not badly, just barely usually). There was a lot of "Oh wow a ZSS player." How weird, you'd think they wouldn't be surprised in a region where one places so well.

Something worth noting: I went up against a lot of ICs mains during friendlies, very very popular character at Viridian this time. There were at least half a dozen Yoshi mains, too. And you couldn't swing a dead Meta Knight around the room without smacking into at least a dozen Marth mains, either.

Ah I was wondering if you got bad match ups in brackets I was gonna going to Viridan but I decided not to drive 10 hours even if M2k was paying me $200 and a doubles partner .... so he got Jiffy and Kyoshi to go (heard of them) and he got his car broken into... which sucks
but I know what you mean also with the "Wow a zss player"

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I've changed my avatar 3 or 4 times in 3 days though. I think have a problem. :dizzy:

EDIT: I'm trying to find the avatar from the FFVIII menu screen, if anyone has it (I did but lost it)
...well actually I might like this one better anyway

Snakeee you mean this?

Top Bottom