• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Smeh

Smash Cadet
Up throw tends to throw opponents off guard, but not in the useful way where you can punish them for it. It's more just like, "what was that?"

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I had a bit of trouble against snake at the tourney I went to... I tried fighting normally, tried incorporating the chain grab and Dazlock, (didn't manage to get the Dazlock down at all. =\) but it was too hard. There were grenades and mines everywhere.... and once he got in his head that I had the chain grab, he would drop a grenade right outside of my grab zone before approuching me, so if I grabbed him, Fthrew him, and went for the follow up grab, it would explode on me. =\

Also, he was mortar sliding everywhere. And I wanted to grab him out of it, but again; grenades everywhere, and mortar falling from the sky... not fun. =\

shlike

Smash Ace
I had a bit of trouble against snake at the tourney I went to... I tried fighting normally, tried incorporating the chain grab and Dazlock, (didn't manage to get the Dazlock down at all. =\) but it was too hard. There were grenades and mines everywhere.... and once he got in his head that I had the chain grab, he would drop a grenade right outside of my grab zone before approuching me, so if I grabbed him, Fthrew him, and went for the follow up grab, it would explode on me. =\

Also, he was mortar sliding everywhere. And I wanted to grab him out of it, but again; grenades everywhere, and mortar falling from the sky... not fun. =\
Just because you have a chain grab on a character and just because you have a dash attack lock DOESNT mean you have to use it, most of the time if your opponent knows these things or sees you try them and continue to do so he will be able to predict and punish you.

ZSS's metagame imo does NOT revolve around chain grabs and dazlocks, it revolves around spacing, getting your opponent into the air, and constantly changing your methods /getting creative with different approach options where your ultimate goal is to force them to approach you.

oh and a weak or strong paralyzer shot can null snakes mortar slide completely

focus on getting snake into the air, especially at low percents because you can u-air juggle him all day

and seriously if you miss a grab its like "HAI I'M ZSS PLZ DONT FSMASH ME LULZ" the only place where its safe to grab is when you shield both hits of snake's f-tilt (shield grab ftw)

all zss's tilts work wonders against snake so try to incorporate those into your game

do NOT approach with side-b and dont spam d-smash either snakes dash attack comes out before both of those and could also be (like every single one of his moves) a killing move

All in all just be patient and be smart. Don't get to desperate to land a dsmash and try to keep your opponent guessing.

Oh and dont be afraid to get close to snake, Although I don't recommend doing it for too long :p

shlike

Smash Ace
well i dont see this being to much of a problem on any stages with platforms but on fd it could get a bit frustrating. I usually just try to close some distance in with some nairs, short hop airdodges, or side b's depending on how far away snake is and once close to him try to get u-tilt/d-tilt on him

its alot easier said than done though lol

campy snakes kinda suck =/

sasook

Smash Champion
Snake's DAC has average priority, I think if you just hold A your jab will stop it. Or just ftilt.

sasook

Smash Champion
I dunno, unless you're really close to him, Snake's DAC is pretty telegraphed and easy to see coming. The only time you really have to worry about a tight reaction time is when you're in his ftilt range.

Hence

Smash Ace
I swear this question is asked once a month.

I presume you're talking about the flip jump off of a grenade into Plasma Whip. Well, ZSS' Down+B can footstool jump off of both items and players.

noradseven

Smash Lord

I presume you're talking about the flip jump off of a grenade into Plasma Whip. Well, ZSS' Down+B can footstool jump off of both items and players.
Its good against nades, but its much much better against turnips.

19qwinn

Smash Rookie

Sorry for asking a noob question :(

Snakeee

Smash Master
Im new to ZSS so, what happens at 8:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBV4_pgUrOw

~edit Another question. Who would win if u could clone yourself and it was your ZSS vs your Zelda/Sheik (whoever you are better with)
Sheik would probably win because of the match up, and I know how to deal with ZSS more than Sheik even though my ZSS is a little better.

...First question was already answered

noradseven

Smash Lord
When do u use over smash? If ever
copy-paste from http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234366

maybe someone else has anything cool with this move but its generally thought to be the worst move in our arsenal.
f-smash: Just no I have heard many reasons on why you should use this move, but most of the time, you could of used something else instead that was just as good or better. The main advantages of this move are great hit box, lasts forever, always fresh haha.
The problem, very slow, and punishable on anything sometimes even hit.

Can be used as a killing blow on a d-smash not recommended,

Also can be used as an easy way to hit someone during the landing vulnerability due to how long it lasts.

Also a great move to mess with people and be a jerk in casuals.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Wow hah Ryko that picture is too good.
And yeah Crashic, Riddle's a top ZSS player (and there's only a couple of us). Take whatever tips he can give you.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
Can i ask, for some reason i've never got into the habit of using Up air, when do you use it? Do you use it when hitting people who are on the ground?

And finally, what are some suggestions against a spammy pit?

Sorry for the noobular questions :p

The Filth

Smash Lord
So, I have a problem with my playing recently, in that I often don't feel I have the confidence to approach. This leads to quite a lot of paralyser shots and over B spam :<

I was wondering if you ever had a similar problem, and if so how you got around it?

Top Bottom