• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I'd love to know how well it works on Snake specifically, because it's ability to throw him off the side could be really nice to setup lots more off stage damage and juggling. I think it has the potential to move that matchup to 60-40 our favor.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'd love to know how well it works on Snake specifically, because it's ability to throw him off the side could be really nice to setup lots more off stage damage and juggling. I think it has the potential to move that matchup to 60-40 our favor.
I thought it was at least even to begin with. Yeah throwing Snake offstage is huge, and is a potential gimp. She edgeguards him so well. :)

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
if you're looking to fend off falco specifically, you could go pikachu, provided your region doesn't ban his buffer CG for some reason
I endorse this statement.

I alt pikachu now and he feels really natural. He's pretty fun to play and actually has a really good grab game, which makes up for ZSS's absolute inadequacy.

Also, the buffered CGs are all fine and dandy but, imo it's pretty difficult to get off a grab on Snake, considering the nades and the amazing spotdodge and all that. It's a good thing to have in our arsenal to make people feel threatened, I agree to that. But I don't think it's a goto cg, (like pikachu's or dedede's)

Snakeee

Smash Master
I endorse this statement.

I alt pikachu now and he feels really natural. He's pretty fun to play and actually has a really good grab game, which makes up for ZSS's absolute inadequacy.

Also, the buffered CGs are all fine and dandy but, imo it's pretty difficult to get off a grab on Snake, considering the nades and the amazing spotdodge and all that. It's a good thing to have in our arsenal to make people feel threatened, I agree to that. But I don't think it's a goto cg, (like pikachu's or dedede's)
I find it sort of easier to grab Snake than most other characters right now actually. They're usually busy with grenades or something so I use that as an opportunity for it. If you do it fast enough they shouldn't blow up on you. Plus, right now no one expects me to go for a grab. That may change with this though.

Hence

Smash Ace
The match up ZSS vs Falcon is 65 - 35
Agreed ?
That sounds about right, but Captain Falcon isn't as easy for us as you'd think.
60:40 may be going too far, but Snakeee listed the matchup as 50:50 in the Fall of last year.
That was before the Tier List was released though...

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
ZSS is actually not that bad a matchup for Falcon, which I'm actually kind of happy to say because the poor guy could use all the help he can get.

I don't know about 50:50 and it's definitely in ZSS' favor, but it's more of a soft counter than a "ZOMGRAPE" match like Falco vs. ZSS. =/

Hence

Smash Ace
ZSS is actually not that bad a matchup for Falcon, which I'm actually kind of happy to say because the poor guy could use all the help he can get.

I don't know about 50:50 and it's definitely in ZSS' favor, but it's more of a soft counter than a "ZOMGRAPE" match like Falco vs. ZSS. =/
65-35 or 60-40 sounds about right.
It's just that CF can powershield and dash attack through what most Zero Suit Samus players call spacing.

Hence

Smash Ace
Snakeee: I've seen that you've played on the Spring AiB ladder.
I'm curious, what are your four taunts programmed to say? :chuckle:

sasook

Smash Champion
Is the matchup against Falco really that bad? I thought it was only 65:35 Falco's favor? That doesn't seem like a "OMGRAPE" matchup to me.

Hence

Smash Ace
Is the matchup against Falco really that bad? I thought it was only 65:35 Falco's favor? That doesn't seem like a "OMGRAPE" matchup to me.
70:30 for Falco is OMFGRAPE.

Listing our disadvantages is too time consuming, just check the matchup thread.

sasook

Smash Champion
Eh...I guess. Maybe I'm just used to seeing matchup ratios like that, and it's not affecting me, which probably explains why I don't feel like it's a **** matchup. I consider **** matchups to be 20:80 or worse, but that's just me.

EDIT: What DOES affect me, however, is seeing matchups that are actually favorable. lol

Now THATS something I'm not used to seeing.

Snakeee

Smash Master
65-35 or 60-40 sounds about right.
It's just that CF can powershield and dash attack through what most Zero Suit Samus players call spacing.
I don't remember ever saying it was even, but if that's what it says then I guess I did lol. Now, I'd say it's a pretty strong advantage for ZSS, and she doesn't need to rely on trying to space him with side B/D-smash/paralyzer. Her close range attacks are faster than his, and up airs are spectacular as always. I'd say it is around 65/35 ZSS.

Snakeee: I've seen that you've played on the Spring AiB ladder.
I'm curious, what are your four taunts programmed to say? :chuckle:
I need to change them, I've had the same ones since like the game came out lol. Right now I have "Got 'em", "Quit", "Brb" and "Lol" .....yeah boring I need to make better ones.

∫unk

Smash Master
70:30 for Falco is OMFGRAPE.

Listing our disadvantages is too time consuming, just check the matchup thread.
I would like to take a moment here to say last weekend, WARPSTATUS BEAT DEHF 2-0 AT PALMDALE.

That's right ladies, underrated and underappreciated warp status defeated larry, the best falco in the world, 2-0 in tournament. It was a solid win no last hit shenanigans.

Cen Cal's stepping it up :)

There's actually a few mysteries behind this, considering the results of the mid tier tournament earlier in the day and how the rest of the tournament went for dehf, but the bottom line is still the same.

Hence

Smash Ace
I would like to take a moment here to say last weekend, WARPSTATUS BEAT DEHF 2-0 AT PALMDALE.

That's right ladies, underrated and underappreciated warp status defeated larry, the best falco in the world, 2-0 in tournament. It was a solid win no last hit shenanigans.

Cen Cal's stepping it up :)

There's actually a few mysteries behind this, considering the results of the mid tier tournament earlier in the day and how the rest of the tournament went for dehf, but the bottom line is still the same.
First of all, I believe a Floridian smasher named M.S.A.S has a better ZSS than WarpStatus.

With that said, I'm going to have to say that DEHF lost solely out of lack of experience.
I may be wrong though.

Junk DGH

Smash Apprentice
warp isnt interested in trivial things like who is the best zss (something that is almost impossible and stupid to try and prove on a national level). the fact that youre concerned speaks volumes of where you are as a player.

yes vanz warp plays zss. falco can **** zss if he camps smart.

Hence

Smash Ace
warp isnt interested in trivial things like who is the best zss (something that is almost impossible and stupid to try and prove on a national level). the fact that youre concerned speaks volumes of where you are as a player.

yes vanz warp plays zss. falco can **** zss if he camps smart.
Pardon me, I thought Palmdale was Florida. :(

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
and btw, DEHF doesn't need to know the ZSS match-up, he plays exactly how he should against ZSS against normal people, lots of lasers, lots of side-b, and good jab-grab game.

DEHF *****, no doubt.

HOW THE **** did Warp win? MAAAD props.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
i've been playing Zero for a while but rarely come to the zero boards. but in any case, i have questions for you:

has anyone attempted to intentionally incorperate the back part of her Nair in thier game? the thing im interested in this is that its arguably just as long as bair if not longer, and the angle it has may give potential in stopping aerial approaches. i havent tested this completely, but i have already seen possibilities in stuffing recoveries and when the opponent may attempt to return from the ledge. i just want to know if this has ever been discussed .

also, has there been discussion on the use of Dair as a game ender against certain characters? i even believe you can use this best against Diddy Kong, as he attempts to up B to the stage, since the rockets that fly off give Zero a chance to keep her stock if she collides into them. i have done this in a match as well. as im trying on a trial and error basis to do the dair enders, i feel like since people dont think zero will ever do this, i have gotten several opportunites to land it. the problem right now is when is the best time to do this, what %, etc.

discuss.

if anyone want to play me, just let me know. i've been working on her for a while seeing if i can find new ways of doing things, like i did in the sonic boards. i hope i can help.

Snakeee

Smash Master
First of all, I believe a Floridian smasher named M.S.A.S has a better ZSS than WarpStatus.

With that said, I'm going to have to say that DEHF lost solely out of lack of experience.
I may be wrong though.
....M.S.A.S. really got on my nerves. He brags about 3 stocking me on one extremely laggy wifi game where I jumped off on purpose at the end. He doesn't mention that it was on wifi either.
He just goes around saying he's the greatest and ***** me

I don't know how good he actually may be, but frankly I don't care. Also, I think he only plays wifi

cba

Smash Master
....M.S.A.S. really got on my nerves. He brags about 3 stocking me on one extremely laggy wifi game where I jumped off on purpose at the end. He doesn't mention that it was on wifi either.
He just goes around saying he's the greatest and ***** me

I don't know how good he actually may be, but frankly I don't care. Also, I think he only plays wifi
ololoolololololo

Ive only heard of him online.
lmao.

Snakee dont even mention him, if you do, then you make him greater than he is.

Jayce

Smash Rookie
Have you ever played Charby?

If so, who won?

If not, do you think you could take him?

Honeythief

Smash Cadet
I will try and play him when I get back there in a month and tell you if you want Jayce. (if he plays on wifi, I won't be in his city)

Jayce

Smash Rookie
Really?... :ohwell:
No, not really. I just thought a Snakee vs Charby ZSS match would be friggin awesome.

I know dude is French, but he speaks English too. For all I know, he might have come stateside for a tournament or two.

Hence

Smash Ace
Snakeee, how do you generally approach the Marth matchup?

Share with me your knowledge, oh wise one.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Snakeee, how do you generally approach the Marth matchup?

Share with me your knowledge, oh wise one.
Im going to guess retreating over B's and trying to get under him when he jumps, and down Bing between hits 2 and 3 of his over B.

Also marth players get owned by pivot grabs at least in my experience.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Im going to guess retreating over B's and trying to get under him when he jumps, and down Bing between hits 2 and 3 of his over B.

Also marth players get owned by pivot grabs at least in my experience.
That's sometimes a part of it. The match up is actually hard for me to explain now. When they can powershield Side B, it becomes a lot harder, but it's not like Metaknight or anything.
I had thought f-tilt was really useful in this match up, but after playing some friendlies with Neo today that doesn't seem to be the case. His side B I think is faster, but don't quote me on this.
I was mostly relying on attempting to achieve a favorable position which is obviously to have him above me, or at least in the air period. She does well against him in the air, and has the advantage there even if they're horizontal to each other. Falling a bit and doing up airs works, and is pretty safe. B-air works great on him as well, and is the most common move I KO with against him.

noradseven

Smash Lord
That's sometimes a part of it. The match up is actually hard for me to explain now. When they can powershield Side B, it becomes a lot harder, but it's not like Metaknight or anything.
I had thought f-tilt was really useful in this match up, but after playing some friendlies with Neo today that doesn't seem to be the case. His side B I think is faster, but don't quote me on this.
I was mostly relying on attempting to achieve a favorable position which is obviously to have him above me, or at least in the air period. She does well against him in the air, and has the advantage there even if they're horizontal to each other. Falling a bit and doing up airs works, and is pretty safe. B-air works great on him as well, and is the most common move I KO with against him.
Snakeee's advice is more vague than mine O_o.

And yeah his side B is alot faster and f-tilt is terrible in this match. The thing is marth players only have a couple options, f-smash, f-tilt, f-air, neutral air, and sometimes down B and u-air, each of those moves have pretty distict setups, with few mixups outside of him grabbing you. Aka ZSS pretty much gets to direct this match as long as we avoid yoshi's and battlefield. Its tricky but if you are leading the oppenent you basically guarantee to win.

Snakeee

Smash Master
The thing I hate the most is this match up is that you can't jab him unless he doesnt expect it at all because you'll get up Bed X_X. Also, you have to be really careful using your Down B since Marth can punish it with ease, even f-smashing you if he anticipates it.

I still think it's about an even match up though.

Top Bottom