• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
It's been more than a day, I'm allowed to double post now, right? I'd prefer I bump the thread so this actually gets noticed. =\

Anyways, have you seen my new "AT" (maybe?) thread, Tether Bouncing? What applications other than the obvious ones do you think you see? Is it worth using? And how? I'd like to see what you come up with.

Also, more importantly, what do you think of the name (Tether Bouncing)? I feel like it doesn't quite capture the tech well. =\

noradseven

Smash Lord
It's been more than a day, I'm allowed to double post now, right? I'd prefer I bump the thread so this actually gets noticed. =\

Anyways, have you seen my new "AT" (maybe?) thread, Tether Bouncing? What applications other than the obvious ones do you think you see? Is it worth using? And how? I'd like to see what you come up with.

Also, more importantly, what do you think of the name (Tether Bouncing)? I feel like it doesn't quite capture the tech well. =\
Tether phasing call it tether phasing sounds more rad and makes a bit more sense.

Also wave bouncing should of been called mirroring

Honeythief

Smash Cadet
Tether Shifting?

Are we sure this is something new though? Hence said he new that for a long time, maybe it already had a name.

Also, is there an exhaustive list and description of ZSS' ATs (or are there any others?) I checked the resource center and can't seem to find anything like that. (Unless it's Snakeees tricks, but I'm not sure)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Tether Shifting?

Are we sure this is something new though? Hence said he new that for a long time, maybe it already had a name.

Also, is there an exhaustive list and description of ZSS' ATs (or are there any others?) I checked the resource center and can't seem to find anything like that. (Unless it's Snakeees tricks, but I'm not sure)
Until recently ZSS didn't have many ATs, so probably not. Glide tossing and variations, nair weirdness, dsmash-footstool, and Charby was supposed to post his new AT but never got around to it I guess.

Hence

Smash Ace
Until recently ZSS didn't have many ATs, so probably not. Glide tossing and variations, nair weirdness, dsmash-footstool, and Charby was supposed to post his new AT but never got around to it I guess.
Where have you been for all of eternity?

Glide tossing was released almost a year ago, N-Air weirdness isn't an AT, etc etc.
She has plenty of MINDGAMES and SITUATIONAL ATTACKS, but what defines an AT anyway? Lol.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Where have you been for all of eternity?

Glide tossing was released almost a year ago, N-Air weirdness isn't an AT, etc etc.
She has plenty of MINDGAMES and SITUATIONAL ATTACKS, but what defines an AT anyway? Lol.
Uh, I'm just saying that we don't have enough to justify making a thread about it. Yes I agree with you.

Hence

Smash Ace
Uh, I'm just saying that we don't have enough to justify making a thread about it.
Throw it in the tips n' tricks section and move on with life, eh?
Makes sense; it's hardly practical as Delfino and Halberd aren't exactly ZSS' best stages concerning stage control. Boost jumping under a stage is like Flip Jump recovery. Sure, there's no lag, but it can become very predictable very quickly.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Hey guys, There's something I've been doing that I haven't realized until now was a completely legit combo. After an up air or two (well basically whenever you get someone at the very top of the stage), if you up B them, and NOT hit with the tip of it, you can automatically KO them with an up air. If you just hit with part of the Up B, and don't spike them, the stun is just enough to up air them, and it works since you should have upwards momentum by doing the Up B while jumping, and getting the boost from it. Sorry, I made it sound more complicated than it is lol. I'm not always good at explaining things.

Three-Sided I answered you on your thread.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Hey guys, There's something I've been doing that I haven't realized until now was a completely legit combo. After an up air or two (well basically whenever you get someone at the very top of the stage), if you up B them, and NOT hit with the tip of it, you can automatically KO them with an up air. If you just hit with part of the Up B, and don't spike them, the stun is just enough to up air them, and it works since you should have upwards momentum by doing the Up B while jumping, and getting the boost from it. Sorry, I made it sound more complicated than it is lol. I'm not always good at explaining things.

Three-Sided I answered you on your thread.

Err.. with the tip of up-b or what?

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
It is a bit confusing. Do you mean like when you hit them with the up-b in a way that they don't get "caught" in the move, but just kinda get shocked up a bit? And then you Uair them? Makes sense, if that is so.

Snakeee

Smash Master
^ basically, if you get your opponent with the Up+B hitbox that DOESN'T spike, it combos into Uair.
Yeah, lmao I don't know why it ended up being such a long explanation >_>. Anyway, maybe if you DI as you jump you can purposely hit with only the first part(s) of it. If anyone knows how to intentionally miss the tip let us know please.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Yeah, lmao I don't know why it ended up being such a long explanation >_>. Anyway, maybe if you DI as you jump you can purposely hit with only the first part(s) of it. If anyone knows how to intentionally miss the tip let us know please.
That's usually what happens when I'm trying to do the spike. =\

sasook

Smash Champion
D:

Snakeee, I thought that was common knowledge, I've known that for a few months now. I mostly knew it because I'd try to do the plasma wire pull -> uair (called the Cake combo right?), but fail at spacing it so I'd end up hitting them upwards with the wire instead.

Anyways, hit with the hilt or handle or whatever, it won't pull them down.

Snakeee

Smash Master
D:

Snakeee, I thought that was common knowledge, I've known that for a few months now. I mostly knew it because I'd try to do the plasma wire pull -> uair (called the Cake combo right?), but fail at spacing it so I'd end up hitting them upwards with the wire instead.

Anyways, hit with the hilt or handle or whatever, it won't pull them down.
I've been doing it for a while, but I didn't know it was unavoidable and a true combo.
Cake combo is a joke name for the spike to aerial lol. We couldn't figure out who did it first and didn't care too much, so I was just like Cake combo sounds the best so let's use that.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Oh, I forgot to mention. I went to a tourney on Saturday and was the only Zamus main (of course) and I managed to pull of the cake combo during a friendly match.

"CAKE COMBOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

No one stared at me though. But then, no one stared at me either when I tripped into Snakes Utilt and yelled at the top of my lungs "**** YOU SAKURAAAAAIIIIII!!!!" as I got star-KOed.

EDIT: That's the D word, not the F word. Just for the record. ;\

Hence

Smash Ace
Oh, I forgot to mention. I went to a tourney on Saturday and was the only Zamus main (of course) and I managed to pull of the cake combo during a friendly match.

"CAKE COMBOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
Funny, I did the exact same thing.
The only person who stared at me was the Luigi main I ***** in friendlies for thirty minutes.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Funny, I did the exact same thing.
The only person who stared at me was the Luigi main I ***** in friendlies for thirty minutes.
Was this the person you cake-combo'd, or was it someone else and he was just the one who stared at you?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
This was asked...many times lol. Np though, and it doesn't really matter how you say it. I guess it's "Snak-ey" at this point.
It disappoints me that Snake-Eyyyyy hasn't caught on. Not enough people appreciate a good Fonz impression.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I've been doing it for a while, but I didn't know it was unavoidable and a true combo.
Cake combo is a joke name for the spike to aerial lol. We couldn't figure out who did it first and didn't care too much, so I was just like Cake combo sounds the best so let's use that.
Probably because any ZSS player with 1/2 a brain cell once they figured out that up B sucked people down probably within an hour or 2 was all, ohh I bet I can hit something after this, and people who tried to claim namesake on it for discovering it first was just silly, and cake combo is the best name.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
As I recall, the name originated when someone tried to call it the Claw Combo, and Cake said, "You might as well call it the Cake Combo," in that way that only Cake can.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Probably because any ZSS player with 1/2 a brain cell once they figured out that up B sucked people down probably within an hour or 2 was all, ohh I bet I can hit something after this, and people who tried to claim namesake on it for discovering it first was just silly, and cake combo is the best name.
Ok, time for me to clear up this **** naming story for YET ANOTHER TIME. Everyone sit down and let Cake tell you a tale....

On August 25th, 2008, Somacruz2 posted a thread on the All is Brawl forums titled: "mastering the claw combo finisher." Here's a link if you want to read the entire thread: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=30687

The original post: "hey guys i was just looking to see how viable the claw combo finisher was. ( the one in is combo vid where he up b's his opponent into an up air, f air or b air) is this combo viable, cause i still can't seem to master this move? has anyone here pulled it off with relative success in a tournament match?"

Snakeee's post: "Claw combo??? Heh, well I'm pretty sure I did that first, but whatever XD"

DeliciousCake's post: "I'm pretty sure I did a "Claw Combo" the first time I played the game back in February. Might as well call it the "Cake Combo." Anyways, it's *barely* a combo, and by no means should it be named after someone."

The preceeding post was followed by posts such as:

Snakeee: "Heh, yeah it doesn't really matter. I like the name Cake Combo though"

JamesSparrow: "i'm calling it cake combo from now on."
"I did a cake combo this weekend and I threw my controller down mid match and screamed "CAKE COMBOOOOO" at the top of my lungs."
^^^^^
(This post is the origin of screaming CAKE COMBO after pulling off a Plasma Wire -> U-air finisher)

Amitwin: "Regardless of combo viability and stupid the naming thereof, i am forever doomed to asscociate this "combo" with cake whenever i see it.

God ****it."

myRoboticClaw: "Cake combo is win. :D"
^^^^^^
(From the man who could have easily promoted it being named after himself)

TheRealBobMan: "So anytime I chain an aerial out of upB (is this including Dair or Nair, or does it have to be Uair/Fair/Bair?) I shout out, "CAKE COMBO!"?

I think I'll start doing this. Lol."

Rpg: "Yeah cake combo is good. =D"

noradseven (hey I recognize that name): "cake combo is cooler name I agree, but this is like what 2 hits thats no combo. It resembles a loop more because it can resets the opponent to where they were at the start."

Hayato: "BTW Cake Combo definately sounds more sexy its almost like "The Hayato" in Melee... except it cant be done nemore"

Jigglyzelda003: "cake combo is catchy lol. i like it."

Mooderpie: "i suggest yelling i want cake after one everytime"
^^^^^^
(JamesSparrow was on this first bud...)

ThreeSided: "Awesome. Cake combo it is.

I'm going to yell it... and no one will have any idea what the hell I'm talking about."

And that, my friends, is how the Cake Combo came to be.

EDIT: I think we need a sticky on this post just so we don't have to go through this again.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Well, here it is, rather than hope you wander back into the CP thread ^_^

What about Rainbow Cruise works so well for ZSS?
Basically you're going to force your opponent to jump a lot on that stage, and often end up above you. ZSS' juggling game is easily abused here. The fact that she jumps so high (especially with boosting it with up B) makes her able to both get around the stage easily and catch the opponent from almost any part of it.
With the low ceiling and the fact that the opponent can get cornered at the sides; an up air or B-air can potentially KO almost a fresh stock.

shlike

Smash Ace
imo

**** no

i think its evolving at a much faster rate than most of the cast honestly

and with nair hitstun, cg's, plasma wire hitstun, the possibilities are almost endless, and zss has alot of untapped potential even still.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I also believe hers is one of the few metagames that is still evolving. Moving away from long range spammy character to a primarily combo oriented one was a big step, and we need to keep exploring that path.

Top Bottom