• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
A silly and random question...

What name do you prefer, Snakeee?
ZSS, Zamus or the full Zero Suit Samus? Or something else?

duals

Smash Journeyman
ok.... so im trying to break my habit of using the f-smash...

when ever the moment comes, i use the f-smash and i bash my self for doing it so many times... so i want to know is is what is a better substitute? jab combo? d-tilt?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Jab Combo, Dash attack, down-angled FTilt, DTilt, DSmash, Side B, B, Grab... it really depends on the situation.

Hence

Smash Ace
At low percentages, (0-10%) if you manage to land a D-Tilt, you can easily mindgame a D-Smash.

ok.... so im trying to break my habit of using the f-smash...

when ever the moment comes, i use the f-smash and i bash my self for doing it so many times... so i want to know is is what is a better substitute? jab combo? d-tilt?
It depends on the situation in which you're using F-Smash.
If it's anything like how I used it five months ago (KOing, usually after D-Smashes), your answer is simple. Learn to have more aerial control. B-Air is too sexy.

If you're F-Smashing because someone is rolling behind you, (or is behind you) you have many options. Spotdodge > F-Tilt, simply turn around and jab, or preferably, U-Tilt.

There's really no other pheasable reason to use F-Smash.

Jab to downb away, right Snakeee? =D
Sasook, the only time I can think of that this should be used is when someone's getting used to shieldgrabbing your third jab. If Flip Jump becomes a 'reliant' option for a situation, you're eventually going to be terribly punished. Personally, I've never seen this used in a tournament match.

My Question:
Because I've been away from the zero suit boards for quite some time, I only recently learned of the infinite on R.O.B. I noticed that I can D-Smash - Footstool characters like Olimar at any percentage. I'm aware that to preform the infinite, ROB must be D-Air'd to force a get-up. With that said, what makes ROB different from other characters that can be footstooled after a D-Smash?

Thanks.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
It's his getup animation, something to do with him not having feet.

And as for close range, nothing beats jab1->utilt IMO, and it pops them up in the air to start uair chasing. If they roll behind you ever utilt. It's just a really sexy move.

Hence

Smash Ace
It's his getup animation, something to do with him not having feet.

And as for close range, nothing beats jab1->utilt IMO, and it pops them up in the air to start uair chasing. If they roll behind you ever utilt. It's just a really sexy move.
Broken getup animations? What next, Sakurai, Dimensional Cape stalling?
Oh wait...
Jab canceling doesn't work very often against decent players.

EDIT: If you were to jab cancel, I wouldn't use U-Tilt. D-Tilt is a much better option because of it's speed and ability to shieldpoke. Even F-Tilt for spacing the opponent if you don't feel like chasing their DI from a D-Tilt. It's just...not the best idea. Unless, of course, your opponent is wise to our third jab and you need to utilize a one frame attack.

Hence

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure utilt is faster than dtilt, plus you don't take the extra time to crouch.
U-Tilt lags.
Prepare for punishment if it's shielded.

Press Down + Down on the C-Stick to innitiate a D-Tilt immaediately.
You can pressure a shield or hope for them to drop their shield with D-Tilt.
If they roll behind you, U-Tilt.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I'm pretty sure utilt is faster than dtilt, plus you don't take the extra time to crouch.
Um... you don't have to crouch to dtilt any more than you have to jump to utilt. :p
Press Down + Down on the C-Stick to innitiate a D-Tilt immaediately.
You guys know you can just tilt down and hit A and not crouch, right? o_O

If your touch on the control stick is light enough ZSS won't crouch.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
My Question:
Because I've been away from the zero suit boards for quite some time, I only recently learned of the infinite on R.O.B. I noticed that I can D-Smash - Footstool characters like Olimar at any percentage. I'm aware that to preform the infinite, ROB must be D-Air'd to force a get-up. With that said, what makes ROB different from other characters that can be footstooled after a D-Smash?
It's not his getup animation that causes it. In fact, ROB's getup animation has nothing to do with this infinite. In fact, the dair doesn't even come out. This is because ROB's "I'm being footstooled" animation pushes his head down below the otherwise lowest point that his model occupies. The result out of dsmash is that this puts ZSS's feet below the stage. So when dair begins, you're already on the ground on the first frame. Evidently, dair autocancels on frame 1, so you end the whole deal on the ground with no lag.

Hence

Smash Ace
I will eat my shorts if we don't figure out some other way to take advantage of that some time down the line.
Desperate D-Air to U-Tilt at low percentages?

Just pray to god they don't shield.

Um... you don't have to crouch to dtilt any more than you have to jump to utilt. :pYou guys know you can just tilt down and hit A and not crouch, right? o_O
Yes.

Hence

Smash Ace
Snakeee, do you really use Peach against Diddy Kong?

I just had the privilage of playing against AlphaZealot in tournament. >_>...

So yeahhhh.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Um... you don't have to crouch to dtilt any more than you have to jump to utilt. :pYou guys know you can just tilt down and hit A and not crouch, right? o_O

If your touch on the control stick is light enough ZSS won't crouch.
I hope so this is how fox combos into the first shine, and how ganon hits after over B.

noradseven

Smash Lord

So yeahhhh.
What is so bad about the diddy match, I mean the worst thing diddy does is absurd shield pressure, but you can pick up bannana's after you trip on them, with ZSS.

Snakeee

Smash Master

So yeahhhh.
It's leaning towards Zelda now, but it's definitely between those two. AlphaZealot's good, probably 3rd best Diddy on the EC so don't get discouraged.

What is so bad about the diddy match, I mean the worst thing diddy does is absurd shield pressure, but you can pick up bannana's after you trip on them, with ZSS.
ZSS just has so little options most of the time. It's like even if she get's past the bananas, she still loses at close range. You have to just camp like crazy, and try to take control of the bananas to stand a chance. All this, plus he has at least one aerial that's even faster than our up air o_O (I believe his f-air).

EDIT: Hence, I was about to ask why you had a cracked out Samus avy, but thank god you got rid of it.

Also, I'm tired of people linking that horrible match lol.

noradseven

Smash Lord
It's leaning towards Zelda now, but it's definitely between those two. AlphaZealot's good, probably 3rd best Diddy on the EC so don't get discouraged.

ZSS just has so little options most of the time. It's like even if she get's past the bananas, she still loses at close range. You have to just camp like crazy, and try to take control of the bananas to stand a chance. All this, plus he has at least one aerial that's even faster than our up air o_O (I believe his f-air).

EDIT: Hence, I was about to ask why you had a cracked out Samus avy, but thank god you got rid of it.

Snakee you do know that after you trip on a bannana if you roll towards it and press A while getting up you pick the nanner up right. I mean its not a good match, but the thing seems to be once you get diddy under pressure, aka control at least one preferable 2 of his nanners even if its for just a moment you can give him quite the doozy, because ZSS loves it when people slip.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Snakee you do know that after you trip on a bannana if you roll towards it and press A while getting up you pick the nanner up right. I mean its not a good match, but the thing seems to be once you get diddy under pressure, aka control at least one preferable 2 of his nanners even if its for just a moment you can give him quite the doozy, because ZSS loves it when people slip.
Wow, haha I actually never knew that wtf. You're saying while you're rolling you can pick up the banana?:confused:

Thanks, but I still wouldn't use her though. That doesn't change much for the match up.

Hence

Smash Ace

AlphaZealot is the best Diddy in the Midwest, he lives in Ohio.
I do remember AZ telling me about his matchup problems with Zelda, so she may indeed be the better choice.

AZ also told me never to take Diddy to Norfair. o_O
He says that Diddy Kong can easily control the platforms by dribbling and forcing your opponent to approach you. AlphaZealot also stated that it's almost impossible for him to be gimped because his side b works in the same way as our flip jump, and can easily recover with his Up B becaue the pit on Norfair is so low.

Diddy for our next matchup discussion? :)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
AlphaZealot is the best Diddy in the Midwest, he lives in Ohio.
I do remember AZ telling me about his matchup problems with Zelda, so she may indeed be the better choice.

AZ also told me never to take Diddy to Norfair. o_O
He says that Diddy Kong can easily control the platforms by dribbling and forcing your opponent to approach you. AlphaZealot also stated that it's almost impossible for him to be gimped because his side b works in the same way as our flip jump. He can also easily recover with his Up B becaue the pit on Norfair is so low.

Diddy for our next matchup discussion? :)
Monkey Flip is actually better than Flip Jump. Being hit refreshes Monkey Flip.

Cia

das kwl
maybe i'm just out the loop, but why is diddy so hard for ZSS??

1) her banana game is better than diddy's. she just relies on him to supply them.

2) Banana > Dsmash is ****

3) LOL @ diddy using dash attack to "safely" pick up the banana in front of me. they're asking to eat a dsmash.

---

if i didn't have a Peach, i'd use ZSS against diddy more often. but even when i play the match up, it's never a big deal.

Snakeee

Smash Master

1) her banana game is better than diddy's. she just relies on him to supply them.

3) LOL @ diddy using dash attack to "safely" pick up the banana in front of me. they're asking to eat a dsmash.

---

if i didn't have a Peach, i'd use ZSS against diddy more often. but even when i play the match up, it's never a big deal.

The second one doesn't really work. And Peach is pretty good for the match up. I love being able to just hover over him to avoid a lot of the banana crap.

noradseven

Smash Lord

---

1) uhh no its not, play a diddy that can nanner juggle you, ZSS, just has a pretty good nanner game her self.

2) Sorta works, but often times over B or dash attack is going to be alot more consistent

3) They pick up the nanner that's near you with this after putting up pressure with a peanut shot before dashing. So you have a peanut then the dash attack is hitting you while they pick up the nanner.

4)Shield pressure diddy is good at it, we don't like it.

I don't think its too bad maybe 55:45 or 60:40 in diddys favor, but Peach kinda owns Diddy, so if you can play her I guess you can go for it.

Cia

das kwl
1) uhh no its not, play a diddy that can nanner juggle you, ZSS, just has a pretty good nanner game her self.

uhh yes it is. naner juggle?? what's that, like 10 damage?? :ohwell: ZSS can up to 25+ damage from one banana toss. and if you have good follow up, even more

2) Sorta works, but often times over B or dash attack is going to be alot more consistent
i agree with this

3) They pick up the nanner that's near you with this after putting up pressure with a peanut shot before dashing. So you have a peanut then the dash attack is hitting you while they pick up the nanner.
if they shoot a peanut, then you have plently of time to pick up the banana before they even get to it.. sheild > throw banana down > ****

4)Shield pressure diddy is good at it, we don't like it.
i guess. But we have an amazing Utilt that poops on whatever sheild pressure brawl has. and you CAN powersheild > Utilt the dash attack.

i, personally, think the match IS in diddy's favor. but i think it's close enough to where it's going to come down to which ever person played better. so like.. 45/55.

just keep in mind how much diddy relies on his ground game and think of how he approaches. you can keep him out range. fairly easily, and he's only a threat while he's holding a banana.

Snakeee

Smash Master
You have no where near enough time to do a d-smash unless the Diddy has the reaction time of a snail. The only thing you can legitimately combo from it that's useful is d-tilt.

And you can't rely on up tilt forever. If they expect that they will wait for it and punish.
They can also just grab, which works great against ZSS while pressuring.

Hence

Smash Ace
You have no where near enough time to do a d-smash unless the Diddy has the reaction time of a snail. The only thing you can legitimately combo from it that's useful is d-tilt.

And you can't rely on up tilt forever. If they expect that they will wait for it and punish.
They can also just grab, which works great against ZSS while pressuring.
Lol @ possibly referencing VaNz' excessive use of U-Tilt against Bum.

Cia

das kwl
landing the Dsmash does require a huge fail on your opponent's reflexes. but throwing the banana down out of shield is pretty surprising when it's least expected. and surprised opponent would most likely not react in time. i mean, the dsmash animation starts AS your opponent is tripping.

and regarding grabs - just keep him out of range. they will close in on you at some point to make sure the banana hits, just make sure they're eating a FowardB when they get there. you take 2, they take 16. :colorful:

damn ADHD, i'm gonna find you at apex and **** you in friendlies. your tom foolery has gone far enough. :laugh:

Snakeee

Smash Master
Hey snakeee what character do you think makes a very effective secondary/main character combo with zero suit samus?
Probably Wario. How does he do vs. Falco?
G&W would be good too and I don't even want to have to mention Meta, and his very name makes me want to vomit (plus I have a hangover)

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Wario has the advantage on Falco, somewhere between 55-45 and 60-40. I'm stuck trying to figure out who I should work more on as a secondary, I'm already good with ROB and Snake, but Wario is pretty fun as well. ROB was my former main and he just gets super boring so I would only use him if he has a huge advantage that ZSS doesn't for some reason.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
if you're looking to fend off falco specifically, you could go pikachu, provided your region doesn't ban his buffer CG for some reason

Top Bottom