• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex 2013 Results Thread | Jan 11-13, 2013 | New Brunswick NJ

eviljar626

Smash Rookie
So not sure if this is the place to post, but I was wondering if the sets of Mr. R vs ESAM or Mr. R vs ADHD were recorded. Want to see these badly

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Sorry guys, but I didn't save ANY matches, so unless someone recorded it with a cam you won't be seeing any of it haha

yoshq

Smash Master
Wished I coulda played you YoshiQ. If it wasn't for a traveling MM we would have played. RRR, has spoken that you're quite the player and I wanted to try my luck. Aw well~

:phone:
For sure man! Next time. RRR is booty though. Haha jk.

& some non-bracket videos may still go up. There was a huge corrupted chunk of video I'm trying to get repaired if I can.

Is someone going to make a Brawl videos thread?

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Why ? I like his commentary alot and he knows what he's talking about

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Pierce is a good commentator. You can tell by the amount of hatred he gets from ignorant people.

:059:

Rajam

Smash Champion
Any news on the bracket-pools for Brawl? since the ones posted before aren't complete and it seems there were some changes later :(

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Any news on the bracket-pools for Brawl? since the ones posted before aren't complete and it seems there were some changes later :(
I have the pool sheets. I will fill out the tio file with the pool sheets information and send it to you tonight. Should I email it to you? If so what's your email?

Shout-outs time, but I don't even know where to begin!! D:

----------

I've been playing this game since it came out, and this was my first time attending a tournament outside of Puerto Rico. Four years of land-locked isolation and stream monstering only to surmount to this: my first OoR tournament. You can already guess that this experience was extremely meaningful to me, and I'm grateful for everyone and everything that made the experience what it was. The experience was overwhelmingly amazing and I had the time of my life.

I really don't think I can give shout-outs to everyone I conversed with without forgetting somebody, but I'll try!!

Apex Staff
Thank you for running the event! Without your coordinated efforts, this experience would have never happened, so I'm extremely grateful that you guys did Apex this year. Special shout-outs to Alex Strife for hanging in there since last Apex when I first tried to travel. It was an honor meeting you.

Ishieymoro
Man Ish, I think we are like the same person LOL. Too many similarities. Anyways, thanks a TON for housing me for so long. I'm glad it was you that housed me too because of all that you did for me and everybody else in the house. I commend you for your generosity and hard work. It was a pleasure meeting you. Genesis 3 hype?

Housemates
All of you guys are awesome people and fun to talk to, even though I didn't understand like half of the things you guys said in the house LOL.
Shoutouts to Desti for his taste in women.
Shoutouts to Tay for being cool and exposing me with ZSS.
Shoutouts to Stiv for making NYC fun.
Shoutouts to Siggi for late night Marth dittos and Wario practice.
Shoutouts to AscWolf for beating me with Sonic, the most free character in Brawl.
Shoutouts to Atilla for being buff and from Australia.
Shoutouts to LP for the fun matches with your Diddy.
Shoutouts to Gheb for taking the couch every night.
Shoutouts to BJay and his GF for being chill and fun to talk to.
Shoutouts to Leon for defending us from Spiderman.
Shoutouts to Eazy for being chill and helping out at the train.
Shoutouts to C.J. for being C.J. but this time in person. o_O

Who else am I missing? I feel like I am missing somebody.

Bionic and Teczero
Thanks for driving a bunch of hours just to hang with us! It really means a lot that you guys drove there for us, and our time there was PRICELESS. Never will I forget.

Toon Links
I'm glad I was able to meet all of you (with the exception of DeathKingSuarez who I never met :()! I enjoyed all our matches together and I enjoyed talking to you guys in person and not on Skype for once. :D It was fun and I already miss you guys. Guess I gotta go back to being ToonHitler on the boards. >:D
Special shoutouts to southpaw for Pirate Ship, MJG for doubles, PJ for being free, and the guys who did the TL FFA for doing the FFA (don't even remember who was in it).

Red Ryu
It was a pleasure being dubz partners. We chat on the boards a lot but it was cool meeting you in person and playing with you. We won a set even though our first match together was in a tournament set! Just imagine if we actually practiced LOL!

Stage Rage Money Matchers
Best games LOL. All the matches I played were hilarious and it was a pleasure playing all of you. Sorry my credit card freaked out and we couldn't actually play for money. The matches were still enjoyable and I'm glad I actually got a few sets in. Here's hoping for a next time (Genesis 3?). :p

The Japanese
I ****ing love you guys LOL. I'm the guy with the panda hat with very long ears by the way.
Shoutouts to Otori for liking my panda hat and for placing 3rd!
Shoutouts to 9B for chaingrabbing me in 2 sets (1 MM, 1 friendly).
Shoutouts to Abadango for trolling me with his Wario in an MM.
Shoutouts to Ahuya for teaching me a bit of Japanese.
Shoutouts to Kairo for smelling nice.
Shoutouts to Mikeneko for teaching us how to Down Smash.

Every person spoke to/shook hands with
It was a pleasure meeting you and I'm glad we had the chance to chat! Even if it was for a little bit, it means a LOT to me.

Every person that I played a friendly with
GGs, I had fun!

Every person that I played in bracket
GGs.

Random
Shoutouts to NJ Public Transit for being trash and nearly getting me lost forever twice.
Shoutouts to R U HUNGRY'S for being more than what I hoped for.
Shoutouts to the delivery guy for waiting outside in the cold weather for 20 minutes cause I didn't know how to leave Ishiey's dorm.
Shoutouts to the cold weather for not being cold enough.
Shoutouts to seeing snow for the first time in my unprivileged life. I was disappointed that I had to see you on the ground and not falling from the sky but maybe next time you can grace me with that winter magic that I was hoping for.
----------

I think that's everybody.... Probably not, but it's good enough.

As a parting gift, I will leave everybody with some pictures/videos I took at Apex:

Crowd for Melee

Crowd for Dojo vs. Salem at Game 2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAiKnlxCQAEGPa9.jpg:large
Another Crowd for Melee

Brawl World Team before the Crew Battle

Vinnie vs. Kairo

The Smash Room at Apex 2013 on Day 2

Otori + Abadango vs. Gonzalo Zero + Quiksilver

Fuwa + Earth vs. Atomsk + Mr. R

Raising the Japanese Flag - Otori + Abadango vs. MJG + FOW

Leon (EU) vs. Spiderman (NYC)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBSRSloF5eM

Otori + Abadango vs. MJG + FOW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnYwz7Mfcas

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
This is kind of late, but I want to apologize for not playing more friendlies with people I said I would play more with at this event. My passion for playing Brawl just isn't what it used to be, and playing this game the right way has become a chore to me. Watching all of the hype matches and meeting/talking to people was really fun, though. I went to this event for those reasons and for the purpose of finding out if I had any passion left in the tank to continue improving in this game. The answer ended up being no. If I want to catch up with the Salems or M2Ks of the world (or even get out of pools), I'd have to put in far more time and effort than I'm willing to give at this point. I just don't like the game enough anymore to push myself that far. I've always enjoyed the community, though, and I made a lot of friends through playing this game. I'll still be around the boards and possibly at tourneys (perhaps I'll play something else or just wait for Smash 4), but consider me retired from competitive Brawl now.

Shoutouts to Smiley, Dan, Xzax, Southpaw, Jtails, Ish, Seagull Man, ESAM, ook, Fliphop, V115, Tin Man, Rich Brown, Kaz, XmasKnight, Ed, Suinoko, Kakera, Tiger, Pierce, all of my NC bros at the tourney (naturally), and anyone else I forgot. Even if I only talked to/played with you for a few moments, thank you.

Shoutouts to the APEX crew and commentators too, because you all did a great job making this event unforgettable.

And that's about it for this pot-filling Bowser main's little speech. Enjoy the rest of your thread. ;)

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'm really late on saying this, but amazing job to Salem. I really enjoyed watching his matches and it made me feel pretty inspired to come back to the game. There were quite a few things he did that impressed me which I'll definitely incorporate into my own game :p

Luigi player

Smash Master
Not enough friendly-tvs/time!

Apex was awesome. I love everyone of the guys at Ish's place and europe and I miss you all!

It was nice meeting so many people and seeing them live instead of on livestream.

GGs everyone I played!

Cassio

Smash Master
Gonna skip over West Coast peeps since I see yall pretty often, and some of you I gave shoutouts where youll more likely see them. And for anyone who knew and may have been wondering I eventually did recover my wallet, cell phone and jacket thanks to the Apex staff and several other outstanding people.

1: Salem ($3,285.00) - It was a real pleasure to finally meet and have a conversation with you, and make you crack a smile. You really saved my day on Sunday when I was feeling pretty bad after Id lost my phone/jacket (eventually found), watching you tear through the top 8 genuinely brought up my mood. Youre someone I've known since the OTL days on smashboards, and seeing such progress is such a remarkable thing. Your attitude and humility (off smashboards at least xD) is extremely admirable, and I really do hope you make it out to the West Coast someday. And keep up your bribri, lol.
2: CT EMP Mew2King ($1,642.50) - We briefly spoke, but Im glad that you were able to find the drive and support to do well. It was truly impressive.
7: Mr. R ($98.55) - It was a real pleasure seeing you again, thanks for all the friendlies and doubles matches and for a fun lunch. I know how difficult it must be to travel so often, but I hope you dont become too much of a stranger.
9: 9B - Thanks for playing so many friendlies with me, had lots of fun playing you and love your attitude with the game
9: Dojo - good seeing you again
13: Ally - Thanks for playing dubs with me and lynn. Wish I got a chance to really talk to you but I knew youd be pretty busy.
13: Vinnie - Great seeing you again.
17: Zinoto - You are the cammmmmmmpiiiiiest diddy I've ever played, but so amazing at it! It was fun to finally meet you, and very nice scarf!
25: Seibrik - Glad you got your book back finally, lol. Hope its of some worth to you.
25: Shaky - Finally got that hat back to you, rofl. Hope it brings you success
25: Atomsk - Thanks for playing dubs with me and my partner, it was a pleasure meeting you!
25: Leon - It was a lotta fun hanging out and having lunch with you! I hope you had a great trip out here and am happy you made it out.
33: Vex - check the PGD
33: Xzax - Great seeing you again after so many year man, youve really grown up. Hope to see you again soon in cali!
33: Razer - nice to see you again.
33: MVD - It was great seeing you again as well! We didnt get to talk much but just seeing you around enjoying yourself was really cool. Im sure ill catch you again at Genesis
33: MJG - Not much to say here, always great to see you and I hope youll make a return trip to cali at some point.
33: Chudat - good to see/meet you even if we didnt talk much.
49: Attila - Hope you had a good time out in cali for the brief time you were here, wish i got a chance to play you while you were around
49: Asa - I wish we got a chance to hang out more or play, but i was stressing out a bit that last day with my lost jacket. Hope to talk to you again soon.
49: Pelca - Great seeing you again
49: Mekos - Really wish we got a chance to meet
49: DJ Jack - Had a lot of fun hanging out with you and florida as one of the pikas!
49: QuikSilver - It was a pleasure to meet you!
65: KillLock - It was great to meet you, even if we didnt get to talk to much.
65: Kingtoon - Great to see you again after so long
65: Coney - It was a great pleasure finally getting to meet you!
65: Fino - Sorry everything with the hotel didnt work out, once I lost my ride over I got stuck. It was still great to see you and wish we had a chance to catch up/hang out more
65: Fatal - Glad we got a chance to meet and talk even if it was brief
65: Ikon - Sorry we didnt get a chance to money match, nice meeting you
65: Mike Ray - Good seeing you again as well and getting a chance to play you. Snake-zelda is sooooo dumb!
65: Croi - Good meeting you and thanks for helping me to find lamb
65: Smurf - Glad to finally meet you in person, too bad we didnt get a chance to play but hopefully ill make it out there again!
65: Seagull Joe - Glad we got a chance to talk and play a bit! Thanks for introducing me to a few peeps and i hope ill be seeing you again at some point!
65: Trump - Very cool hanging out with you and the rest of Florida/the pikas. Def had lots of fun!
97: Pink Fresh - lol, you and roller were the only people I didnt want to play in pools, I just knew id fall for the dtilt lock at some point... Had fun in our set and congrats making it out!
97: Logic - Great seeing you again!
97: Red-X - Didnt really say hi but it was cool seeing you, and your awesome outfit, lol.
97: YoshQ - Didnt get to say hi but it was good seeing you again
97: WTP - Nice to meet and hang out with you, pizza was so good!
97: Darkflame - Im glad we stumbled into each other! Congrats making bracket and nice job on your interview xD
97: M@v - Saw you around but didnt know it was you at the time, nice to put a name to the face regardless.
97: Luckay - Glad i got to meet you, it was nice seein ya and your pika at work!
97: RJ - Thank you for all your help
97: FAE - It was a real pleasure meeting you FAE, what a pleasant surprise! Im glad housing worked out for you and hope you had a great time.
97: Cheese - good to see you again
97: Malcolm - It was so awesome finally getting to meet you! I only wish we had the chance to hang out more.
Gheb - Wish Id had a chance to speak with you more, but Im glad we finally got a chance to meet even if only briefly.
Fuwa - Thanks for all the friendlies, your marth is really outstanding. Great job in doubles and hope you had fun out here
Wesballz/j666/Kirbekaze - Im really glad I found you guys on the way back to cali, you really lifted my spirits and had a lot of fun hanging out and talking with you guys.

So many people I wish Id gotten the chance to talk to or meet, but I guess thats to be expected. Had a really great time and hope I get the chance to meet or see many of you again.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Whoa i forgot

Shoutout to R U hungry

for being the best pick-me-up after losing to that tasty fruit and that swedish guy
I think we need another vid of you eating a mango, and you can add in some Swedish Fish (for your sake, I will leave out the PP jokes).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Whoa i forgot

Shoutout to R U hungry

for being the best pick-me-up after losing to that tasty fruit and that swedish guy
i had like 6 R U Hungry subs that weekend. oh my god.
they need to become a chain

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
The fear of me losing money and food at the same time was good enough

Top Bottom