• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYU Friday Weekly Smashfests

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Meito made Lucky Star for me, that scene when Konata picked up the DVD was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in any anime ever.
Tamura made the show for me. Drawing your friends in precarious doujinshi is ****.

EDIT: Also, I've come to realize that I actually am Kuroi-sensei.

Alukard

Smash Hero
hey i wanted to know if u guys were going to have a street fighter 4 set up for 360 ... i want to bring my new fight stick and play a couple matches with people =]

i dunno if anyone plays sf4 ... i hope people do lol

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Alright, I got the message DJ, thought I don't know if you'll see this. It's kind of late, so I don't want to call you right now, but you should be good.

As for SF4, I don't have the game, but I have a 360.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
It's at 140 East 14th Street just to let you all know. My number is 914-406-9417

killa k

Smash Ace
This was really fun although there was no 64 tournament lol. I got to play a lot of 64, some melee AND get free pizza...TOO GOOD!

Alukard

Smash Hero
this was soooo fun and it had prizes ... thanks for hosting ... free pizza was soo amazing ... i wish i arrived wayyy earlier so i woulda still been hungry lol

i had a lot of fun people =]

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Melee Singles:

1st: Nick
2nd: J-Flo
3rd: DXM

Doubles:

1st: Mikael & DXM
2nd: Justin & Nick
3rd: Tian & Yida

Open Tournament:

1st: G$
2nd: Tag
3rd: DJ, Hazz or Alu? I don't remember

Doubles:

1st: DJ & Tag
2nd: Alu & Hazz
3rd: G$ & J-Flo

I don't know quite yet if and when the next one will be. It will be during the next semester, though, at the very least. Thanks for coming out, everyone! Sorry for the lack of people. I guess it was during a bad time/didn't get enough advertising.

Niko45

Smash Master
I have NYU winners finals up on my youtube account right now, which was a great set. There's a couple of other random sets, too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/neyeckay

BEWARE:

-The audio is insanely loud, playing at full volume is NOT recommended. I threw these up last night at like 2am and I will fix later at some point.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
I think Alu got third

This was a lot of fun, despite the lack of people.
There was soooo much ****ing pizza

Good **** everyone.

My favorite thing that happened at this, was when THX missed a rest, then got hit by simulataneous warlock punch and falcon punch and I saved him by dairing everyone.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
I think Alu got third

This was a lot of fun, despite the lack of people.
There was soooo much ****ing pizza

Good **** everyone.

My favorite thing that happened at this, was when THX missed a rest, then got hit by simulataneous warlock punch and Falcon punch and I saved by dairing everyone.

I am fairly certain it was indeed Mr. Hazzzzzard who finished in third place.

Super fun tourney Mikael! I'm really glad I got to go (it was pretty terrible, I remembered that I had a final due today this morning and had to haul *** to get it done in time - just finished it five minutes ago ^^) and thank you so much for organizing!!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm sorry I couldn't make this T_T I was looking forward to it. Do you guys plan on having another sometime in the future?

Niko45

Smash Master
I really want to see teams. Those were incredibly down to the wire. 3 sets. 3-2, 2-3, 3-2 ending with all 4 players alive with 1 stock at high % before I upsmashed Justin. :(

Niko45

Smash Master
Yea I wish I could have stayed and played Hazz! I had work this morning tho and it wasn't even getting started til after 9...

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Probably on the 22nd of January, since that's when school starts up again for me. I might get there early though, and have something set-up before then though.

As for actual tournaments, I know that a friend of mine is setting one up at the Poly Tech location.

Top Bottom