• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYU Friday Weekly Smashfests

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
What is your theory behind the infamous fan or bare?
Imagine you're drunk and/or stoned and you don't know Pokemon (or you do, but its impaired by your inebriation.)

You come across Tommy's profile (how being the part I can't explain) and see his profile picture is Bidoof. You interpret Bidoof to not be a Pokemon, but a giant cartoon bear. Amused by the fact that you believe profile pictures are supposed to be pictures OF the person whose profile it is, you think that this profile is that of a Bidoof-looking bear, or just someone who really likes the bear.

And so you ask Tommy, "Are you a fan (of the bear) or are you (ACTUALLY) THE BARE (Bidoof)?!"

Wink.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Rofl.

The wink part just makes it sound so homo. I think they meant "bear" in a different sense.

Also, I should've mentioned this before, but be sure to bring photo ID with you in some form, otherwise, you won't be allowed into the building.

Niko45

Smash Master
I think Eggm should come. :)

Mikael I'm interested in coming by. Text me if you'll have room for me. I'd also need a controller spot, forgot to bring one to work today.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'm working on getting off work tonight, if I can I'll think about it. :) People gotta help me with the public trans stuff tho lol.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
trying to roll through, will bring a tv, and if someone brings their laptop (mine refuses to hold a charge) ;_;, i'll record stuff

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Alright, Idris got in contact with me and he's holding a weekly in Williamsburg today as well, with actual brackets and probably a lot more pros, lol. I'm unsure how many people I can currently sign in, so I'm gonna plug for them. Here's the thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259083

So, if you want really serious play by some of the best smashers in NYC, go there. However, if you don't want to spend the money or, for some reason, want to play with not-so-the-best smashers in NYC, feel free to come by NYU. If everyone goes to the Williamsburg weekly, I'll go myself, but if anyone wants to come to NYU instead, I'll definitely stick around to sign them in and play.

Also, for directions to here, if you're taking subway, you can take either the L, 4, 5, 6, N, Q, R, or W train to Union Square, and, voila, you're there. The dorm is on the west side of Union Square. My number is 914-406-9417 if you want to contact me by phone.

Any set-ups would be welcome, though, TV's will probably be more of the limiting factor here.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
It seems that some film screening thing has taken over the room that we normally use for smash, so, I dunno what's going on this Friday.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I don't know if anything is happening this Friday, actually, as it is also a friend's birthday.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I remember playing ssb at an NYU dorm lounge before. Those were the days
This dude Kevin we went to school with used to tell us all the time about it.

"Yo, guys, this one time... we played with Isai in 64."

"Yeah, Kevin, you told us..."

"He ***** our shit."

"Yeah, Kevin, we know..."

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
How many people are usually aloud in?
I may come with two friends. We could bring a couple Wiis (Melee of course) if needed.

Niko45

Smash Master
werd i need to come to these nyu smashfests and **** people ... cuz apparently i'm "not that good" ... we'll see when i start trying against randomz now
Jeez Alu, idk who set you off or what happened, but that's pretty disrespectful to call NYU "randomz" when I know for a fact all of NYU has been to your tournaments multiple times, putting money in that pot plus hosted you at NYU before. Not cool.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Jeez Alu, idk who set you off or what happened, but that's pretty disrespectful to call NYU "randomz" when I know for a fact all of NYU has been to your tournaments multiple times, putting money in that pot plus hosted you at NYU before. Not cool.
read my post ... its aimed at the people that said i wasn't that good ... and it was a random that said it ... i know exactly who too ... that post would only make u feel bad if u said it LOL

also randomz are people that dont place well and/or just show up to random tournies

Niko45

Smash Master
read my post ... its aimed at the people that said i wasn't that good ... and it was a random that said it ... i know exactly who too ... that post would only make u feel bad if u said it LOL

also randomz are people that dont place well and/or just show up to random tournies
Yea, I don't have any clue what you are talking about so nevermind. I guess half the community is random then. Didn't realize it wasn't an insult.

Alukard

Smash Hero
nah no prob son ... i love everyone unless they wrong me =]

all the peeps at nyc that i chilled with are legit!

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Usually, I can sign in 8 non-NYU people. If I'm lucky, I can reach up to 12 or 16 people, but then I'm pulling for favors from other people at my dorm, lol.

I also normally keep 2 reserved for Nick and Tommy anyway.

D1

Banned via Administration
I'm coming!!!

: D THIS FRIDAY!

I'm coming every Friday now!

Keep me eternally on your guest list please <3.

I'm going 100% straight Melee now.

Game's too good!

Top Bottom