• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYU Friday Weekly Smashfests

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Is tian good now? Last time we played I was stomping him out pretty hard and iirc he's been **** talking me and what not.

So I guess I gotta go down there soon and stomp him again.
give him that boondocks treatment.

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
Tian barely players, and when he does i don't think it's against high level players because whenever i play him i gimp him like crazy :laugh:

otg

Smash Master
Tian barely players, and when he does i don't think it's against high level players because whenever i play him i gimp him like crazy :laugh:
That's too bad, when I met him in 08 he was quite good, seems like he fell off somewhat. Serge we need to play at some point, I dont know if you remember me but we met at a NYU event HAB and Mikael ran in March. I don't think we played that day, but I hear you're pretty ****.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Ah, ok, word Alukard.

Yeah, I'm probably playing tomorrow. I might have some stuff to juggle in between though, but I'll have to see.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Heyy Saffron is on the 5th as part of the Tri state circuit. Just an FYI.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I really didn't have much control over what dates were free, sadly. The room I booked is in heavy demand on our campus, especially this year apparently.

Maybe some people would be interested in coming on the 6th?

Niko45

Smash Master
Ok well I don't know who is coming but I'm hoping to get in a lot of matches against u and John. If u don't think this will be possible let me know bc I might do something else if it's gonna be mostly doubles.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
John is going to go home (or already went home, I'm not sure), so he's not going to be around. But, there probably won't be that many people coming over this evening, it seems, so, we can probably get singles in for a while.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Possible schedule of events posted.

Also, I will need to put together a list of non-NYU people who are interested in coming so I can submit a guest list. I will also need your guys real names since I don't think NYU security will accept smash tags, unfortunately, lol. Also knowing which games/days you plan on attending would help.

So far I have:

1. Vanz
2. Reno
3. GoldKirby (I forgot your name again :( )
4. OTG (Max) [Melee]
5. ROOR (Tommy) [Melee]
6. Killa K (Kevin Rodriguez)
7. Soul Ark
8. Eternal Yoshi
9. Ownasauros
10. Kenny Harvey
11. THX
12. Ken Lee
13. D1 (D'ron)
14. Grey Fox
15. GKracker (Graham)
16. iTidus ?
17. KillaLotus ?
18. Luck ?
19. Niko
20. HAB
21. J-Flo
22. Dmtmanga
23. nuker119 (Connor)

If people decide not to come, please let me know. It won't hurt my feelings if people don't come, but it'll just make it easier for setting up the guest list and, if need be, letting other people get on.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Good luck with that, Conner. I'd probably only touch Brawl if there was money on the line. I can't stand the constant camping.

In other news, I picked up Samus in Melee...

nuker119

Smash Apprentice
lol i play ya in melee...sure i would suck now lol but it would be fun lol.. and im always up for a mm lol.. but thats brawl lol.. and its not always camping.. lol..well not me atleast

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I need whole names, like, ones that appear on a valid photo ID, because that is what you'll need if you want to enter an NYU building, otherwise, you won't be able to get in.

So, if anyone is still even interested in coming, please send me your whole name (you can PM/AIM me if you'd rather do that).

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
Yo make sure you sign me up! I wanna enter all the tournaments :laugh:
My full name is on facebook.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
so whats been decided with this since i did put my tournament up in advance xD

reaver hit me up on aim

HelpR

Smash Ace
oh NYU...

Jeffrey Garzon-Franco.

This looks like a blast, may try and come along with dmt and nuke

HelpR

Smash Ace
oh? you still need brawl setups dont you? I can provide a brawl setup, as well as most likely provide recording equipment. I'll talk to some friends and see if they want to come along, and the upshot is that most of the people I have in mind are from NYU: poly so they most likely dont need to be signed in.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Nice, that sounds awesome. Bring as many NYU: Poly people as you can. Hopefully the budget will cover enough food for everyone on both days.

And the Facebook times are the most up to date. I'll change the ones in this thread.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
EDIT:

Never mind ic now that Brawl is Saturday.

2 questions:

Will NYU: Poly pople be counted for the NYU tournament? I would expect as much since we can sign in anyway.

Will there be any prizes and/or fees?

Top Bottom