• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYU Friday Weekly Smashfests

Reaver197

Smash Lord
NYU: Poly can enter the NYU tournament since they are, technically, NYU students. There will be prizes, and no fees of any sort.

I have you on the guest list, so, you can come if you want Max. There will hopefully be another open tournament afterwards, but there will probably be no prizes for that. Maybe crews too.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Depending on what I'm doing Sunday, I can try to make the Melee event (two Melee tournies in a row? Yes plz).

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I will need your full name then, to put on the guest list. You can just PM me it.

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there for melee on sunday too!

EDIT: And whatever else is going on sunday as well if there is anything!

Ryan-K

Smash Master
could i tentaively be on the list? like can i give you my info in case i get to go but would it still be ok if i dont go >_>;

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I have a couple more spots open, so, yes, you can. Just be quick about it. I plan on handing it in tomorrow.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Any sort of set-up brought will probably help, though, most likely, we'll need TV's more than anything. But, anything helps.

There will be tape here to label stuff, just so people don't get confused with whose stuff is whose.

Alukard

Smash Hero
hey reaver ... hazzard said he is coming for melee

name is brandon hall

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Hmm, I sent in the guest list already, but I'll see what I can do. I can probably get someone to sign him in, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
No, I didn't have your name on the list. I'll try talking to people today/tomorrow to see if I can get you signed in anyway though.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Oh, did you post about it, or just simple say that you were attending on the RSVP thing? I remember going through it at one point in time, but haven't checked all that much the "attending" guest list. I posted a couple times about telling me if you weren't on the guest list.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Oh, did you post about it, or just simple say that you were attending on the RSVP thing? I remember going through it at one point in time, but haven't checked all that much the "attending" guest list. I posted a couple times about telling me if you weren't on the guest list.
Correction, I can't make it Sunday anyway, work from 5 to ********.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Sup *****s, I'ma try to make it around 5 ish for the tourney. My sister is in town and I don't want to ditch her for Smash....but I might just do it anyway.

No pot for this tourney, eh? Well if you're interested in making a couple of bucks, give me a shoutout. If I'm there, I'll help organize the off-campus non-NYU rules related pot. I'm thinking entrance fee of $5 for singles and $5 for doubles. Payouts to top four (amounts tbd). Let me know if you guys are interested and if you may want to up the ante.

Obviously, not all tournament goers will be participating in the pot. If you win but did not submit an entrance fee you are not eligible for the pot. For example, if you win first place but did not pay, first place winnings will go to second place.

Edit: For melee only.

Alukard

Smash Hero
o crap i didn't even know there was no pot ... that is kinda ... ummm bad lolol

please have sumthing to try for ... if not i'm going to pick like DK or bowser or sumthing stupid lmfao

HelpR

Smash Ace
forgot to check, but i'm on the list arent I? posted about 4 pages back and didnt check back in with you to make sure.

Jeffrey Garzon-Franco

Niko45

Smash Master
Edit: Nevermind, the pot would be for the open tourney later I see. Tho I really question whether people are going to execute a full tourney til 12am on a sunday, but by all means go for it.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
The time is just to give myself leeway. Talk to Emily about a potential pot though. It's probably going to be kinda whack, but, I dunno what else to do. NYU is pretty annoying with their restrictions at times.

Yeah, you're on the list, HelpR.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Alright, so I talked with Justin about a pot. As long as we're subtle and surreptitious about it, and don't go around making a deal about it, we might be able to do one.

nuker119

Smash Apprentice
reaver, you got me right? i posted idk how many pages ago that i would be coming to this. i think you probably do, i just wanna be sure.

Alukard

Smash Hero
-This is DJ Nintendo

I had no idea about this. Is there anyway the people in charge of this can get my sexy a$$ in this lol? I heard there's a list or something.

Top Bottom