• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
It would be better if you just went and saw the three musketeers imo.

3 sisters + giant musketeer hats = I'd pay to see that

D0N

Smash Ace
Its not so much that I'm expecting a great experience with the 3 sisters (lol), its more like I'm a tourist and I need pictures of things to show when I get home. Just to say I was there. We can literally stay there for less than 5 mins and im sure id be satisfied.

I probly will buy a hat and be more satisfied...

And this Friday is still on at your place right Ted (just for meet)? Just to be sure.

I LAG

Smash Lord
Its not so much that I'm expecting a great experience with the 3 sisters (lol), its more like I'm a tourist and I need pictures of things to show when I get home. Just to say I was there. We can literally stay there for less than 5 mins and im sure id be satisfied.

I probly will buy a hat and be more satisfied...

And this Friday is still on at your place right Ted (just for meet)? Just to be sure.
man your going to show all your american friends pictures of the 3 sisters LOL
they will be like WTF?
u should take pictures of all those big fruit we got like the big banana and the big pineapple and stuff, something impressive.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
That's a friday T_T
Saturday.

Aaaaack D0N I can't do anything on the wknd this wknd. I have an assignment due. HOWEVER next week is my last week of classes so if you come then we can go and check out the 3 sisters and I'll show you Katoomba and stuff.
But that's when my meet'll be. >:

Do it on the Sunday!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I should be coming, but I'll need to leave at 4 and I have no idea how I'm going to remember. Maybe I'll bring an alarm clock or something XD.

I've been having some controler issues lately. Nothing wrong with my controler, it's just I've been trying new controler settings to make the BCD easier to perform. (My normal control settings don't have a C-stick down)
So why am I saying this? Because I may do some really dum things like Dair when I want to Up-B. I think I'm just going to give up on changing my controls and just stick with what works for me, it's just that then the BCD is not an option. So you see my delema. The answer? Get a Game Cube controler XD.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'll be there in spirit, every time ted shoots a blaster you'll swear for a second you could see a grenade following it.

Gords

Smash Champion
Foxy is the BCD possible at all using the nunchuck default settings?
Do you even use the nunchuck defaults?

I also loled when I read you were mucking around with control settings as I was doing the same thing earlier but in an attempt to make iZACing easier. And in the end nothing really worked, I guess I'm just used to the default settings for GC control now. Still only get it once a blue moon.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
**** scabe, how could you ****ing follow me everywhere?!
should I even post on smashboards?!

FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK!

lolololol

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@Gords: I already use a very different control setting for my nunchuck. The nunchuck default is a joke. No joke. My controls are based as closely as possible to the controls of a 64 controler, except for the Jump which is now just above shield and the 3/4 of a C-stick just above the special button XD. I'll figure something out though, I was even testing out the shake smash but that was kinda fail.

@Luke: Should I even go to Genesis? ****
That doesn't get old.

@Ted: Sure thing. Are you awake? I'll head around a bit later today for your sake.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Oct 31st Meet Status: "Maybe, I'll talk to your father and tell you tomorrow."

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I thought the lord ganon was in charge of all 100 of his women, you dont need her permission.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Asked about it today.

"Have you talked to Dad about it yet?"
"Oh... it's fine, they can come over."
"Er... did you even talk to him?"
"No."

How silly. ;_;

NovaSmash Sydney VI

The next properly-organised hosted by EA, hopefully notice for it isn't too late! ;_;

PLEASE BRING EQUIPMENT WHERE POSSIBLE, ESP. TVs

DETAILS / TL;DR

Date & Time: 9 AM – 7 PM, Oct 31st
Address: 19 Whitehaven Ave, Quakers Hill
What to Bring:
.. Controller
.. $2 for tournament
.. $10 for lunch
.. IF POSSIBLE: Wii+Brawl+Melee, TVs

SCHEDULE

09:00 - Start/Arrival/Setup
12:00 - Lunch
13:00 - Brawl Singles
19:00 - Packup/Departure/End

FOOD

COLD DRINKS will be provided.

Railway Station Shops - 15min walk/5min drive. $7.50 = typical meal
Aldi / BP servo - 5min walk/1min drive lol. Cheap As Balls = Aldi, Expensive As Hell = BP
McDonalds / Subway - 30min walk/7min drive
Dominoes Pizza / random supermarket / other misc food shops - 30min walk/7min drive

TRANSPORT / LOCATION

19 Whitehaven Ave, Quakers Hill

PLEASE CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST. It's happened before, it's better for you if you just call me right away instead of walking around aimlessly for an hour before giving up.

TRAIN - Go to Quakers Hill
... WALKING - 15min, Recommended
... BUS - 751 to Bali Dr, 5min walk total + 30min bus

MINI-TOURNAMENT / RULESET

BRAWL Singles
Entry: $2

Prizes: Pot, Winner-Takes-All

Tournament will be Double Elimination, seeded via BOOST V.

General Rules:

- 3 Stock.
- 8 minute timer.
- Items are set to "off" and "none".
- All sets are Best-of-3, with any "Finals" match Best-of-5.
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
- Players may change controller ports on their counterpick.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
- Banned stages may be counterpicked ONLY if both players agree on it.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If either player has more than 25 ledge grabs, the other player wins. If both players have over 25 ledge grabs, the win is decided as usual. If all conditions are equal, Sudden Death is played out.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
- If a game ends with Ganondorf doing his suicide choke and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Ganondorf.
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set Format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. The first stage is chosen by random Neutral. **
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
** Stage striking may be called for the first match.

NEUTRAL Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium MELEE

COUNTERPICK Stages:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

ATTENDANCE

If you're on ALLISBRAWL, please confirm attendance here: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7808

I LAG
tedeth/m
Enigmalik/m
D0N/m
gopobox/m
Defiled/m

D0N

Smash Ace
maybe for me. If I make it, im going all zelda/fox probobly. maybe ike. or sonic. Bowser?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
So many maybes!

I LAG, I know, but I'm adding Malik as a maybe anyway in the vain hope that he shows up. </3 Also about the stage list - I need 5 starters for stage striking, also there are a couple of stages I really disagree with on SQUAT's counterpick list, so I doubt we'll ever arrive to an identical list. BUT, if there are specific stages you want to argue for/against, by all means do so and I'll take it into consideration. :3

D0N - If you go, I wanna MM you properly, not this candy money ****! Before you go back to ChuDatLand, I'd really like a good chance to see how far I've come since I first played you, if it's not too much to ask. If not on Saturday, then at Boost VI? $2 Best-of-3 standard etc etc

gopo I love the new avatar, TORADORA YEAH

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Well... I'd love to, but money's a problem for me atm. How about: I'll do $5 if I can, but if I can't then is $2 fine?

D0N

Smash Ace
Double post cuz Ted probly won't check his pm...

Are we still going to Katoomba tomorrow? I kinda need to know before tomorrow.

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok so here's the situation. I need to cencel the meet 2moro because I need to go to uni for a while to get an assignment finished. Thus we will not be able to go to Katoomba 2moro D0N... :(

Also I have a fencing comp on Sunday so this wknd is pretty much a writeoff. I'll try and attend EA's meet on sat arvo though. Foxy are you going?

However, I can postpone the meet 'till Monday if anyone is interested in coming then.

D0N, I'm thinking you should come up here on the 21st an we can take you to see Katoomba that wknd. I'll be finished my exams then so it will be good.

D0N

Smash Ace
Thats when my exams are lol. I guess theres no time then really. Thats alright.

Top Bottom