• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Hunter Valley Smash - Back in business!

Zero

Smash Hero
GUYS. DILEMNA.

The hall guy said that we can't have the hall until around 11am. Which pushes our schedule hugely back (forward in time, but yeah). There are two options, which I'm going to make you guys aware of.

1. Scrap Melee, Brawl Amateur and Melty.

2. Push finishing time back.

I'm going to lock in 2), Put the finishing time back.

As a result, we need all the time we can get so people aren't pissed off. So I'm going to put forward about raising the registration fee an extra $5 to order Subway Catering. A platter of vegetable and meat subs delivered to our doorstep, for a reasonable price per head. It's a viable idea, to help with the efficiency at a reasonable cost.

Alternatively we can all order pizza but we all know Subway is better :]

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
What's important here is getting a really good sized list of who's coming or who's not, to supply the preorders of food appropriately.

If only 15 people or so say they'er coming, but 20 end up showing up (who were lazy about confirming), 5 people or so will most likely not have food available for them, and would over all slow everything down.

Subway is light, reasonably filling, and just about everyone likes. It's all good :D

Jazz77vivi

Smash Journeyman
wow... this thing isn't gonna end till after midnight at this rate... 0_o

that much Brawl is the biggest overkill I have ever seen...
Not that Brawl is overkill anyway *shiftyeyes*

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the longer the better :) certain nocturnal people like me, shaya, scoot, defiled etc... will get better and better the longer it goes on!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I think it's detrimental to the health of the competitive scene to run things so late.

I tend to go "screw Marth" and start playing dedede, and like meta knight. That isn't really good for anyone :p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
LOL.

Sure you can.

Luke, IF YOU REALLY WANT TO TEST YOUR STRENGTH, YOU'll STAY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE!

FULLY CHARGED FiOnWAaRlD SfMlASH
well, I'm waiting... havnt moved for a while actually, whats taking you so long?

Zero

Smash Hero
Guys, development!

Call from the hall guy today, our original time is reinstated :D

But I'm still retaining the extra $5 for Subway catering because it'd work fantastically for us.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol why is it always pizza $lut, shaya what have you done to these poor innocent people?

Jazz77vivi

Smash Journeyman
food must be within tourney.... lest we all starve to death.

and with a near midnight finish, i for one wont be looking for some pizza.

subway ftw

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Subway for lunch, Pizza hut for dinner.
Whatever.

Guys, you should all realise that the Pizza Hut "All you can eat thing" is perhaps the most formal (whilst informal) way of having any and all smashers enjoy having a meal together, where as we're all young and have fat loving tastebuds, enjoy gouging our stomachs and our SOULs. Whilst we are young we can throw reason to the curb and bust up on food eating contests (we're so competitive, *****), have a good laugh, etc etc.
As much as I loved the time myself, Ricky, Luke and Sam had a nice sit down dinner at a Melbourne Italian restaurant (The guy swooned us with free alcohol), in our larger groups, nothing is better than the partyish atmosphere of a PIZZA HUT LOVE WUB TIME. Or any all you can eat restaurant. No "YO DAWG, WHAT JUU ORDERING?" "OH I DUNNO!" Waiter: "**** YOU GUYS, I'M NOT WAITING FOR 20 GEEKY LOOKING KIDS TO MAKE UP THEIR MINDS *quits*".

All though the average Pizza Hut restaurant closes at 9pm, **** ain't going to be happening if the Hunter tournament goes late.

By the way, Shaya and Toby agree, Brawl+ tournament FOR THE WIN

I THINK IMA MAIN FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX HES SO GOD **** EPIC

And i think Toby's maining captain falcon :D

Zero

Smash Hero
We can always finish up early (7pm-7:30) and drive everyone down to Pizza Hut in the shopping complex near my house for All you can eat, might even be able to get us a discount from an insider ;]

Jazz77vivi

Smash Journeyman
We can always finish up early (7pm-7:30) and drive everyone down to Pizza Hut in the shopping complex near my house for All you can eat, might even be able to get us a discount from an insider ;]
Green Hills Pizza Hit ftw!!!
I've had so many birthdays at that place throughout my years, lol
I even remember going there when they had the "Pokemon: The First (and only decent) Movie" things there, youknow what I mean, they were kinda like a little Tazo that you shaped into a cube when you got six of them...

Anyone remember them? Anyone?!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
shaya that wouldnt happen, your the only geeky looking one out of us, if there's both cool but if its one or the other ima go with subway.

and a brawl + tourney would be fun, maybe melee should be scraped (oh god please dont hurt me)
they're getting there own tourneys now thanks to the jaz man, so what do you guys think?

Dedu

Smash Lord
What Teh Fuuuuuk Is...

Brawl +?

Luke, you're a bit geeky yourself if you talk too much about Snake and Metaknight in a Pizza hut restaurant.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol, now everyone hates me eh? shoulda know better then to side with shaya :)

dedu I am a geek or a nerd or whatever, theres no denying that, but I dont LOOK like a nerd imo.

anyways the point I was making was that there is no chance in hell that brawl will played at sydney melee tourneys, and that is as it should be.

but if thats the case why should melee be played at brawl tourneys? (turtle: "cause its a better game *******")

I was just floating the idea though, personally I'd like to play melee since its so much fun and wigi is teh sex.

SD I'm sorry man, you know I'd play melee with you any day of the week, even wednesday <3

edit- wow looking at this post, having a line between every line looks really annoying.

Zero

Smash Hero
Nothing wrong with being geeky, best lifestyle imo.

This and Western Sydney will probably be the last of the dual-game tournaments, at least small scale, as the Melee scene regains its independance. Nonetheless, I feel that once/if the Hunter develops a larger Melee scene, we'll probably continue to host Melee.

Brawl+ might be after/before finals, I guess. Maybe.

S.D

Smash Master
In case anyone was wondering I can't host for this on account of the fact I'm going to a 21st the night before.

Is Ricky coming or am I teaming with TCRANTER?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
A Brawl+ tourney is a good idea, but tbh I think we should wait until it's finished before we start doing that.

Ricky, you can take my spot at Andrew's and I'll stay with Tom if you want.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'll team with you S.D

We could have so much phun using different character combinations <3

BY THE GOD **** HELL ***** **** ***** ETC ETC WAY

BRAWL+ SINGLES AND DOUBLES.

****ING FUND IT.

Brawl+ Doubles, me and tcranter: CAPTAIN FALCON AND FOX.

THAT AIN'T FALCO...

OHOO H OOOOHHH OOHHH

Top Bottom