• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Hunter Valley Smash - Back in business!

Jazz77vivi

Smash Journeyman
7th is a Sunday, Toby :<

Don't fret too much about the train debacle, I can't find anything to do with it on the Cityrail website, I'll head down to the station in due time and talk to the guy there to make sure. But yeah.

It's hidden in future trackwork. ;-;

So buses are replacing trains for that weekend. So now the question is, are people willing to put up with the hassle of coming down here for the weekend?

**** that sneaky Cityrail...

But yeah, it's at all the stations. It is a real pain...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if I can secure a car then it should be fine for me and we then I we can go ahead with that plan I pm'ed you toby

S.D

Smash Master
What is the latest date that trains are running? Theoretically people could come down earlier.

I haven't really been tracking what's going on with this...

swordsaint

Smash Master
By the sounds of it train are off from Friday or Saturday for about a week (or two). So as you said, we could come down on the Friday, have a smash meet saturday and tournament it up on the sunday...BUT how do we get back then? Yesh? Probably won't be coming now....

Sorry Andrew, I think your tourneys a bit of a bust thanks to Cityrail. :(

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'll be there too! :D

The train situation probably isn't as bad as you think, there will definitely be express buses between Central and Newcastle. The trip won't take much longer, if at all. It's much quicker going up by road as it is, plus you get comfy coach seats rather than the stiff train ones. :3

Count me in.

Jazz77vivi

Smash Journeyman
yay

the trains are being annoying. There's some that aren't running othroughout theweek before the long weekend, so i dont think coming by train on friday is an option either

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
As a reference, I'll just post all trackwork on or around the Queen's Birthday long weekend, that way we all know what the deal is with the trains.

Thursday 4 June (evening)
Inner West Line
- Buses replace trains between Central and Ashfield. Express trains will continue to operate.

Saturday 6, Sunday 7 and Monday 8 June (Long weekend)
Northern Line
- Buses replace trains between Hornsby and Strathfield.
Epping to Chatswood rail link
- Buses replace trains between Epping and Chatswood.
North Shore Line
- Buses replace trains between Berowra and Wynyard.
Newcastle & Central Coast Line
- Buses replace trains between Newcastle and Central.
Hunter Line
- Buses replace trains between Scone and Newcastle and also between Dungog, Telarah and
Newcastle.

Tuesday 9 - Friday 12 June (major weekday)
Newcastle & Central Coast Line
- Buses replace trains between Morisset and Wyong. Some direct train services will continue to
operate between Newcastle and Central during peak periods, in the peak direction only.
- On Friday evening only, buses will replace all trains between Morisset and Gosford.

Tuesday 9 and Thursday 11 June (evening)
North Shore Line
- Buses replace trains between Central and North Sydney.
There will be trains on Friday 5th.

Jazz77vivi

Smash Journeyman
As a reference, I'll just post all trackwork on or around the Queen's Birthday long weekend, that way we all know what the deal is with the trains.

There will be trains on Friday 5th.
well, how bout it then? Anyone for coming on friday, meet on saturday, tourney sunday?

Zero

Smash Hero
I don't know if I can host on Friday night, I will most probably be working on the Saturday and it would be impossible for people to stay :\ Bus on Saturday isn't that bad, boiz.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Bus on Saturday and bus back? I am contemplating it... So how much are the buses and do we have to book, where do we do that if we have to? I've kinda never needed trains on days like these before.

Zero

Smash Hero
You don't need to book, it's the same as the train system when they replace the services. I think the train ticket is still valid for the bus trip. But I've only done it once so it's probably different.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
That means you have a space in your car doesn't it? :O Gimme space, gimme!
yeah, well you have space in your head!!!
lol soz.
anyways I dont know if I'll be coming down yet due to not knowing if I can secure a car or not but if I do it'll be full of act peeps and equipment. if there is space available you can has it but I wouldn't count on it

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
If your train ticket to Newcastle costs more than $15, you could probably get it cheaper by going on a real bus service lol.

You'd still need to get a rail bus from Newcastle to wherever though. Dunno how much that costs.

You know what we should do? Catch a FERRY to Newcastle. <3

Dedu

Smash Lord
A dollar for your thoughts?

Nah.
I can relate to EA's 2.5 go anywhere travel card. :p

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Zero_ said:
It's double the percentage of Blizzard missing.

True fact.
Not quite, Blizzard does up to 18%/36%. :3

Edit: Disregard that, I suck ****s.

tedeth

Smash Master
Speaking of boats, I just watched "without a paddle: natures calling." Needless to say it was the worst movie I think I have ever seen. The 2 min of exiting rapid bits was overshadowed by a terrible script, terrible acting and terrible everything in general. It put the first one to shame.

"I don't have to outrun the bear... I only have to outrun you." CLASSIC STUFF.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
inb4 another train misadventure + rain

Also, IGIF + I LAG = IGAG OR I LAF. Shocking discovery.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
canz we be pirates and take over the ship?
I can be captain red beard!, and tedeth can be captain I ave' da best beard.
and toby will be like lolololololol have fun on your stupid ship, me and ma squirtlez are gonna beat you there.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Luke we should team in preperation for Genesis.

EDIT: If Jambo doesn't come of course :)
we must be drinking from the same cup, cause when I am with a woman and she touches the testiclez, they make a sound like this *ting*

lolwat, yeah I was thinking the same thing but I reckon if I can make it, then jambo will probably come too.

Toby.

Smash Master
we must be drinking from the same cup, cause when I am with a woman and she touches the testiclez, they make a sound like this *ting*

lolwat, yeah I was thinking the same thing but I reckon if I can make it, then jambo will probably come too.
:-O

Luke you madman.

Sam you sexy beast.

PT and Lucas is epic. Should defs team. Pit and Squirtle on norfair would be killer.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
madman!!! its the hair I tell you!!!
if anyone has no idea whats going on look up group x on youtube, they're lol.
yea this should be pretty mad, I'm cooking up a plan for us to get there toby so it should be all good.

Top Bottom