• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Norcinu

Smash Rookie
AARRRGGHHH, I've forgotten the username of Mungo (something like "Logo"?) so just posting here in case he checks up on this thread (this is Moxie/Rockn by the way).

Also I'm sorry for bailing on the doubles tournament with Enemy (besides, we'd probably *thunder* our way through the competition!) but my parents were already angry enough I spent my day playing games. I'll get my own place soon enough though. Anyway, how did the doubles matches go?

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Fun tourney guys, looking forward to the next one =)

Although I don't really win too much, I do feel I'm consistently improving. Give it a few months and I might start winning a few matches =D

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. Zero
5. ?
7. ?
7. ?
9. ?
9. ?
9. ?
9. ?
Brawl doubles
1. ? and ?
2. Zero and ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
5. ?
Melee singles
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
5. Zero
7. ?
7. ?
9. ?
9. ?
9. ?
9. ?

swordsaint

Smash Master
brawl singles were kind of weird because we split after deciding we wanted to go home, but based on current bracket results were
1. scoot
2. ted
3. shaya
3. zxv

doubles

1. ted and scoot
2. shaya and zero
3. zxv and melancholy ( i think)

melee singles

1. zxv
2. ted
3. imperfect
4. scoot
5. gords
5. zero iirc

mid tier was like
1. scoot
2. zxv
3. shaya
4. ted

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Nah scoot. Gave up.

Too hard to write it out manually and eventually I (hopefully) will have it as a program that manages the tournament anyway.

Brawl Middle Tier:
1: Scoot (Pit, Donkey Kong?)
2: Zxv (ROB)
3: Shaya (Sheik)
4: Ted (Lucas?)
5: Zero (Sheik?)
5: Wvz (Ike)
7: Bjay (?)
7: iKill (Pokemon Trainer?)
9: Invisi
9: EA
9: Enemy
9: Mungo
13: Fishy
13: Didier
13: Alex
13: Gords
17: Rad

Brawl singles:
1: Scoot (Falco)
2: tedeth (Wario)
3: Shaya (Marth)
3: Zxv (Meta Knight)
5: Zero (Zero Suit Samus)
5: iKill (Snake)
7: Gords (Toon Link)
7: Bjay (Wario)
9: Wvz
9: EA
9: Invisi
9: Alex
13: Mungo
13: Rad
13: Fishy
13: Didier
17: Enemy

Brawl Doubles:
1: Cute Plunder (tedeth + Scoot)
2: AFTER SCHOOL TEA TIME (Shaya + Zero)
3: Beautiful Invincibility (Zxv + Melancholy)
4: Illicit Salesmen (Wvz + Gords)
5: Cowboys of Divine Illicitness (Mungo + Didier)
5: Skies of Horniness (Rad + iKill)
7: Flight of the Skies (Fishy + Enemy)

Melee Singles (someone went and messed with the byes or something? lol a 7th and 9th)
1: Zxv
2: Ted
3: ImpereCt
4: Scoot
5: Zero
5: Gords
7: Alex
9: iKill

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
weird byes in melee cause I accidentally entered myself then realised too late i hadn't paid, sorry. everyone woulda beat me anyway im sure it didn't affect anything. :/ (side thought - maybe this has something to do with the lost $5?)

fun tournament, anyway. unfortunate lack of 64 playage but really happy to see there's a lot of enthusiasm for it from the new players.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It was initially a missed like $25 then I realised there was some extra bye in melee so it made it $20, then I realised I was given coin at the start which was like another $10 then I think I realised I miscounted another $5 somewhere.

That $5 may have been iKills.. but I'm pretty sure I paid for that out of my own wallet.

iKiLLOTz

Smash Journeyman
You can add Lucas to the mid Tier

Oh, and singles i used
Snake
ZSS
Peach
Marth

pretty much trolled the whole day -_-

But yeah, fun tourney, should totally run more

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Enjoyed this tournament SO MUCH I’m bothering to write shoutouts. Wow.
Super cool to see and meets lots of new people, I’m kind of motivated to practice Brawl a bit after playing a few of you new guys. Need a new character though. G&W sucks.

Shaya: Thanks big time for hosting, I really did have a great time. I know hosting and running tournaments puts a lot of strain on you, so your efforts are much appreciated.

Scoot: Kind of mad I lost to you Melee, though it seems like you were on point yesterday. Always good to see you.

Ted: Avoided you in singles brackets somehow, but thanks for your advice and the few games we played.

Bryte: Absolute beast, enough said. Thanks for teaming with me, felt good to win for once :)

Gords: I’ll ****ing beat you one day. Thanks for the games

EA: Should have entered more stuff. I think I’ll get good at 64, best Yoshi in NSW after all.

Bjay: Some good matches we had. Good to have you back

Mungo/Didier: Dunno if you’ll read this, but you guys were cool and I had fun playing and chatting with you. I’m serious about us getting together for meets, I’m happy to make the trip or host, either way, message me here if you are down to play anytime. Also invest in some cube controllers, besides being way easier to use than needing to sync your wiimote every time, I’m pretty sure Lucas has some goofy stuff you can only do on “normal” controllers.

iKill: Don’t play IC’s against Peach, it’s easy mode for me. Don’t play Fox against Peach unless you have the tech skill to pull it off, it’s easy mode for me. Got your revenge against me in brawl though, seems I am easy mode for most everyone in that game.

Rad: Thanks for playing Ganon against me :)

ImperfeCt: A new Melee player who is actually good warms my heart. Pity we didn’t get to play, next time.

Invisi/Enemy
: Had a good time playing you both, keep coming to tournaments

Andrew/Zero:

As always, good to see you. HV misses you.

Summoner: Scrub and noob get better at life

Sydney drivers: **** you all in the ****

Hope I didn't miss anyone

Gords

Smash Champion
Considering the last tournament was 6 months and 4 weeks ago, that's not too hard.
There are generally 4 weeks in a month
made even funnier by the fact that 6 months ago would was march and the month before that was February which has exactly 4 weeks.lol

anyway great tourney had fun, didnt rage too much which was good, i feel i played well in everything except melee. i should come to these not really caring how i go more often. its more fun with less rage that way. and i seem to play better.

shout out to melancholy
i feel like you should of won that melee set, unlucky with that last stock.
your also the victim of my high light for the tourney as well.
the D-air -> Pogoed D-air -> U-air -> spin attack Gordsgasm to your G&W on RC was ridiculously amazing. lol

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well melancholy, i'd be happy to meet up for some rounds at one point. Maybe we can arrange for some time in the holidays?

As for the controllers, i'm not too worried, playing wii-chuk means i won't have that loss of controller (like losing a limb :-P ) when SSB4 comes out.

As for lucas tricks, we're slowly learning them on the wii-chuk. For instance, we recently(actually only me, my brother still can't do it) taught ourselves to reverse magnet pull (which is super fun). I guess i would need help with that super second jump he has(when he uses PK fire).

As for general ( in retrospect, i definitely see myself as going better at the start of the day :-P Shaya i will ((promises)) be at the top of my game when i next verse ya :D) it was super fun.

Oh, and as for smash 64, if someone can bring the game itself(because my brother sold almost all of our N64 games a long time ago leaving us with only Mario Kart 64 and a random shooter called Perfect Dark), i can bring not only an N64, but controllers as well.

Now i need to look for the Pikachu avatar :-P

Luco out for now :)

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I tried bringing my n64 with the original controllers, but people prefer using the gc controllers on virtual console, which is fair enough. I prefer using the n64 controller myself, but only because when a gc controller in my hand I instinctively keep trying to sidestep in smash64. (Yes Shaya, I'm going to work on that with brawl, thanks for the tip).

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
*** u scrub

invisi - you should bring it anyway, its not like people wont play on it.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Sorry, i guess i was never really in to those type of shooters. After a while i get a bit bored, tbh. I'm sure it's a fine game, it's just not of my taste. :)

Meh, i'd love to bring along an N64 to a future tournament, it'd make my day to see the console used, i need an excuse to play the thing aside from Mario Kart 64. But again, someone would need to bring the game itself.

Ike is fine, but put pressure on him and things become that much harder. But hey, i'm a Lucas/Ness user, so i'm just as likely to get grab pwned. :D

And i can finally say i've played melee! Yay! (personally i'm more surprised that i was able to control Ness' PK thunder first time). I wasn't 'good' with anyone but even though ness is bad in it i still hold him in high regard so... *puts up post bit char*

Top Bottom