• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
Thats usually what happens when people don't like you.

maybe i will change my mind when i meet you in RL but i doubt it as i should be complaining about my HSC

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah gopo's pretty funny tim, you'll like him.

and I'll be ****ed if I dont get to play fruity this time, I must play the legendary sonic player!!!

S.D

Smash Master
Hey guys check out my new

COMBO VIDEO

I made this from 4 hours of gameplay at Tim's the other day with some of my alternates against the floaty hard to combo characters so you'll forgive a lack of cool tech chase ****. Check it out yo. Thanks to Shaya for getting me onto Adobe Premier Pro and helping me out. Thanks to Turtle for being my inspiration and my rock.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
VERY looking forward to versing you guys yayzors it been way too long and djcat'll have bomberman/goldeneye i hope c u all at rocky mwahahaha

tell "stuey" to get his butt down to melbourne

Gords

Smash Champion
Shaya I, by some miracle, have had my plans change and as a result I will be able to attend the tourney on the 27th.

Fruity will still be finding his own way there as I will be staying with EA.

I will have with my wii with homebrew. Brawl and melée (SD) and will be carrying on of EAs TV as well.

Same kinda plans for the 4th as well.

fruityman

Smash Cadet
nah gopo's pretty funny tim, you'll like him.

and I'll be ****ed if I dont get to play fruity this time, I must play the legendary sonic player!!!
Awww, you flatter me kind sir :"P
It's probably cause I'm the only Sonic player. I'm sure there are better Sonic players than me.
Nevertheless, I'm still confident in my ability and would love to verse you. ;)

EDIT: There are other Sonic players of course. I didn't see any others though in the two tourneys I came to, and both had a fair amount of players.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
S.D and I have been chatting.

According to him, not enough interest in melee for this upcoming tournament.
S.D would prefer to wait until the 4th.

But I believe there will be 2 or so TVs dedicated to melee free use throughout the day though.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Oh okay, well ill bring it along just in case anyways. Defiantly will bring my DS though, someone should maybe bring battle revolution to play pokemon on =D, only if there's spare tvs though.

Only hacks i got on my wii are

Save replays longer then 3 minutes,
Unlimited camera angles
Textures

I need to get the no tripping code too at some point, NTSC brawl would be handy D; (pal lacks codes)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah I have Homebrew, shame though Pal doesn't have many of the good codes though (music swap stuff would be handy) but i have all the necessary ones at least which all that matters i guess.

mm yeah guess there's always the wii's setup melee on so the cube would be extra unneeded luggage xD

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Leish team with meeeeee!

Gords is all like HURR I WANA TEAMZ WIT FOCKSY and I not longer have a doubles partner.

:(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
<3 for all the universe.

From tomorrow I'll start uberly scoping for all the equipment.

BUT I REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED PEOPLE TO BRING A LAPTOP OR SOMETHING.
It's not really too 'easy' to run tournament software AND be recording videos and such.

-

Also a reminder, who wants to have breakfast on the Sunday morning (9amish) at a nice bakery in the middle of my place and the venue?

Bjay

Smash Lord
Nope, Tom and I are both not going. Maybe EA and his BROKEN PS2 LOLOLOLOLOL
:( to you guys not going!

I can always bring Melty I suppose lol, it'll just be on a tiny screen that's all. :p

I don't have any controllers for it though.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Okay guys,

the brawl side event is going to be DRAFT CREWS.

Players who come first/second in singles get the right to pick a certain number of players (one at a time; amount decided on the day by time remaining) to be on zer side, battle it out, etc.

Hopefully fun to watch, get hyped up over, etc.

I'm going to be trying "genesis crew"ish rules for this though. At this time CAO won't be having these rules at rocky unless he feels they aren't too out there.
Think of this as the ULTIMATE POKEMANZ BATTLE.

First Match is random neutral, from one player each on both teams.
From that point onwards the LOSER's replacement player gets the choice of either:
1. Random neutral. Loser gets character counter pick.
2. Informs the winner they'll counterpick a stage. Similar to normal rules (except no ban) loser replacement picks a stage, winner can SELECT ANOTHER CHARACTER IF THEY WISH, loser replacement picks character.

This adds a different level of depth, and strays from presumed rocky rules by
1. All matches are random neutral, with one stage strike each (no stage strikes/bans)
2. All character usages are written down and cannot be changed throughout the battle.

Rejoice.

Should we have stage strikes and winner ban stage rules though?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
imo stage strike's for random yes, winner ban cp no, but ban some stupid autowin stages like norfair, japes, maybe rainbow ride, etc...

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
turns out im going to syd on sat the 26th of september, so it also turns out i'll come to this and beat all u mofos down except sam isnt teaming with me and i have no other friends so i might end up with ilag or some ****

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Shaya, I will bring my laptop, it already has tio, swiss pro, etc on it. Was already bringing it on the off-chance people wanted my anime anyway. :p

Bjay, I can bring MBAA if you want, but we'll need a TV for it. If not there's always MBAC on the laptop. :3

lol Andrew the PS2 isn't even broken.

S.D

Smash Master
I like those crew rules heaps better than freaking written down set characters and random nuetrals.

That's how crews should be played yo.

Oh, and with Turtle and Pat now coming along, If Pat could bring a setup, if I can bring a setup, and some likeminded person could provide a setup, we might be able to run a DE melee bracket for those who are interested. Just a thought at this stage.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=110850

Equipment that is needed:
- Televisions
- Wiis with brawl
- Wiis with homebrew channel (put a + next to the wii if it has Homebrew or something; i.e. 2 wii+)
- Power Boards / Extension Cables - shouldn't need many, but if we have 2/3 powerboards, and 2/3 extension cables, I doubt we'd need anything more
- Projector?
- Melee + memory card? If enough melee 'sole' interest turns up I will attempt to accomodate.
Shaya - Wii+, 2 TVs, laptop
e_alert - Wii+, 2 TVs, laptop
Melancholy - laptop
planetstereo - 1 TV
meteor/leish - 2 wii+
S.D - 1 TV, wii+, cube
Gords - wii+

TVs: 6. Wii: 6 (+ 6).

I'm not sure of others... even though others have said they're bringing stuff.
EA, as you want your laptop for MB right? If Melancholy is still okay with bringing his laptop we'll keep them seperate. Get back to me on that Melancholy.

Top Bottom