• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
norcal I have a favor to ask you. can one of you post a picture of silent specter in this thread? http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3510986#post3510986

there is a kid in my town who is a small, quiet asian that plays a green captain falcon. it's the twilight zone i swear
haha 10 characters.

But that's pretty much right - I can't just let people have the club. I do a bad enough job as it is (people still keep stealing, breaking, and spilling ****). You guys only do what I say because I can kick your *** otherwise. SuperRad could be a good candidate, but Quak is beautiful.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Yeah, I watched the people jump on the table and break it. I'm like, wtf? But I didn't do anything about it -- not like I'm down with the Nor Cal! -- so **** it.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
WOW who the f is the dude wearing the LB Getback shirt on the YouTube videos? I had no idea anyone in NorCal liked Little Brother, THEY WOULD OF BEEN MY FAVORITE PERSON THERE WTF.

I should've wore my ****ing LB shirts.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Hi Everyone:

First I want to thank everyone who helped me run things. BTZO, Zoap, and Minh/PK NIGHTFIRE did basically as much as me, so be sure to thanks them too. Even if it was just taking care of your pool, it helped out a lot: Thanks to Scamp, Delphiki, Simna, Mike Haze, Zhu, Zelgadis, and KIZZZZZZO. I tried to remember everyone, if I forgot you, you probably didn't do anything important. That is a joke.

I really appreciate all of you that compliment/critique the organization. This was my first time running anything with more than about 40 people. Anything you can say that you think would help TO's in the future is appreciated, and don't be afraid to critique as long as you're informed and realize that running a tourney with 90 people when the room barely fits half that is different than running a 16-man in your garage/livingroom/etc. Scamp came up to me afterwards with a suggestion since he felt the bracket was a bit unbalanced, and I think it's something we are going to implement next time, so we will listen. We alreadly know the room isn't big, so please spare me that.

I thought the stage banning rule that we used for bracket went pretty well, at least it did with everyone I played. It's not even hard unless you're a dunce. It may not be PERFECT but honestly, I think hitting a big RANDOM button is just stupid.

Thanks to Socal/Oregon for coming up/down and making this event the one to attend. If it weren't for you guys, this would have just been another 30-40 man NCB.

Everyone who attended: I hope this was enjoyable for you. I'm sorry I had to continually boot people out of the tourney room, but I hope you understand why. I know it was tough to get a lot of friendlies, but the tourney has to take priority, no johns. If I yelled at you for playing friendlies in the tourney room and thereby ruining your life (you'd think I was from the reaction of some people who I ask to give up their TV for a tourney match, heaven forbid), I'm sorry. I'm still pissed that people would try to sneak friendlies in a tourney of this magnitude in this small of a venue, but I don't like to have to yell at people, because I love all of you.

TC1: I'm sorry about your bracket request thing. I had too many things to worry about to deal with requests, and Zoap answered for me already. I wouldn't have let the other substitution happen either, but it was by Kizzo's request, and this is his venue, so I do what he says :/

I met too many people to do shoutouts.
D!ck sucking Janitors will ride again. Let that be a warning to Zoap and Nemesis and DBR.
Santa Cruz Diner is pretty OK.
Deep Norcal needs to stop being the best crew ever.
Maybe more ****e later.

Kizzo, I believe I'm a Bad Enough Dude to help with all the sheezy at biweeklies.

Now everyone go back to passively/aggressively posting which ranked people you beat or got down to one stock in a friendly, or which tourney matches you "should have won," or making threads stating you have the best X in the USA/CA/your block. If you think I'm referring to you, I probably am. Stop being tools FFS. How hard is it to have some ****ing humility and stop cutting yourselves over how good people think you are at a game.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Now everyone go back to passively/aggressively posting which ranked people you beat or got down to one stock in a friendly, or which tourney matches you "should have won," or making threads stating you have the best X in the USA/CA/your block. If you think I'm referring to you, I probably am. Stop being tools FFS. How hard is it to have some ****ing humility and stop cutting yourselves over how good people think you are at a game.
I liked it.

:suess:

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
no johns, play me in tournament :lick:

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
sheridan amazing job with running the tournament seriously i know it was alot of work but you pulled it off very well. And i have no hard feeling about you telling me not to play friendlies! i was just trying to be a rebel =) And since i have to talk about what ranked players i almost beat now i got 2 stock off zhu so i must be like the best falco in the world lol

The___cheese

Smash Lord
By a really horrible theory, your Falco is as good as my Bowser, lol.

If you keep going with this theory, then my Bowser is one of the best Falcos in the world.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
SS's performance

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Zelgadis
Defeated Zhu
Defeated Tang
Defeated Lucien
Defeated FMF
Defeated Zhu

Overall placing: 1/48

Nothing but spacies :psycho:
I really like watching him fight against spacies - those are the funniest matches he has.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I really don't like watching him tech chase people from 0-death. They're so helpless. It makes me feel sorry for them, which makes me automatically opposed to Jeff and anything he does.

But it's so easy to win if he's on your team =)

WassupJB

Smash Lord
yeah sheridan you did an awesome job bro. i hope to run a tourney that well with that many people some day, seriously. haha

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
HyugaRicDeau said:
Best fking paragraph I have ever seen on smashboards. Everyone should read it and abide by it like right now lol

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sheridan: I noticed that you guys didn't use tio's "Advance [pool] winners to a new bracket" feature -- why is that? That might've helped with bracket seeding; it ensures that people from the same pool are far away from each other in the bracket, and also ensures that your position in the bracket reflects your rank within your pool. Your method (giving 1st place pool people a "10" for skill, I take it?) got the second part right, but I'd be really surprised if you nailed the second by hand.

Zoap

Smash Master
Neal the reason we didnt do that is because I hadn't got a chance to actually finish the pools(putting the people in the correct places etc) So because it was 9:30pm and we still had a 48 man bracket to do I entered the 48 people individually and then set the #1 seeds to 10 as skill. It would be better I know but playing matches and keepin norcal in control is hard so please forgive me.

And actually we didnt change the bracket at all once it gave it to us :)

EDIT: Here is the tia link and finally some full results:

Teams:
1: SS+Tang
2: Cat is watching you
3: ****'s Weak
4: Nipah
5: He's trying to leave me!
5: The Desperate Bountos
7: Knights of San Jose
7: Team Fulu
9: Team Pup N Suds
9: Shakire
9: **** Sucking Janitors
9: Terry was very excited by what his teacher said
13: Where's Nick
13: Anything you want
13: You've Purposely Tripped Children Before
13: I can't press buttons
17: ReyVan
17: The goods
17: Norcal Still Has The Best Puff
17: The Whammy's House
17: Team WTF
17: Socal Baysian
17: Falcon's Keeack
17: Don't Chaingrab Me DRGN
25: Super Cheesy Brian
25: Super Smash Twins
25: Mango's Bus
25: Sakura and Ino
25: Team Eriks
25: Obsolete Death
25: Team Fremont
25: Mighty Kites
33: Gardino Doive
33: Team America
33: Something Epic x2
33: Freso+Modesto
33: Ripon
33: HK+AfroJustin
33: Are you sure its right to get angry at these boys?

Singles:
1: SS
2: FMF
3: Zhu
4: Nemesis
5: Mexican
5: Lucien
7: Tang
7: Meep
9: Germ
9: Mr. Ganondorf
9: SideFX
9: Choknater
13: Zelgadis
13: BTZO
13: Frotaz
13: Phil
17: Khepri
17: Mike666
17: DRGN
17: HugQ
17: SNPR
17: Kira
17: Delphiki
17: Hyuga
25: Nek
25: AfroJustin
25: Global
25: SYNSEER
25: Hydrokirby
25: Simna
25: Mike Haze
25: T0mmy
33: P
33: JP
33: D4DDy
33: Hardgay
33: Kizzo
33: Nhat
33: Darkmatma
33: Twin
33: HMW
33: Mexi
33: Scamp
33: Zoap
33: Ian
33: BB
33: REL
33: Quak

Remember Zhu+FMF+SS+Nemesis+Tang split so after Zhu vs Nemesis they didnt play.

See pools on tia link

park5150

Smash Ace
LOL zoap, why do you always beat me?? why? we playe deach other 6 times in a tourney match and 3 times you 4 stocked me and the reest were 2 stock or so? why? why?

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
It's too bad Lunin and family had to go.

I go wherever the family goes. Shoot, but so many people i wanted to chat with and play =(

Next time, let's meet again~ <3

Mike, David, and the rest of the SoCal-ers, come again soon ok?

I'll have to fix my playstyle..in order to win..like i was told.

T____T

Art?

Smash Journeyman
i wasn't at the tourney, but was the alternative stage ban method used (striking neutrals one-by-one etc)? if so, what were the rules after the first match? stage bans? random resets?

Zoap

Smash Master
choknater said:
i'm glad zoap and quak were sandbagging on saturday lol
If by playing my mighty fox and marth I'm totally offended. LOL no but really I wasn't trying to sandbag I just had a total of 40 min sleep the night before and at 10:00 pm the Peach just was not where it shoulda been. I could tell this vs Darkatma in pools, and to be quite blunt I'm surprised I got out of pools the way I was playing. I played decently well in teams though and my partner got 4th so we all know who is draggin down that team. I mean cmon Nemesis step it up :)

Top Bottom