• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
NO TOURNAMENT CURRENTLY SCHEDULED

OLD TOURNAMENT INFO

WHERE:
Maquarrie Halll; Room 227
San Jose State University
One Washington Square
San José, California USA, 95192

SCHEDULE:
DOORS OPEN: about 10:30
MELEE doubles: SIGN UPS END at 11:00, EVENTS starts at 11:30
MELEE singles: SIGN UPS END at 2:00, EVENTS starts at 2:30, or when doubles ends.
Your lunch break is whenever you get out of the doubles bracket!
Everyone must LEAVE the venue BY 11PM.

PRICES/PAYOUT:
$10 per team ($5 per person)
$7 for singles
$1 from each of these go to CS club
65% goes to first, 25% goes to second, 10% goes to third.

MORE INFO (venue, parking, food, etc):
-The events take place in the Computer Science Club room at San Jose State University. A map of the campus can be found here. The tournament is hosted by whiteboyninja (Nick) and ran by volunteers like Hyuga and Zoap.
-If you have to park, I suggest the parking garage at the corner of 4th and san fernando - FREE on weekends.
-If you want to know when to come, some time between 10 and 11 is great.
-Bring your cube or wii. if no one brings them, no biweekly will happen.
-Bring your own controller please.
-Unless you know lots of people at the biweekly, i suggest if you want to play teams, have your teammate set before coming.
-There is no venue fee, just pay to play the events; don't feel bad if you just want to friendly.
-Places to eat near the venue are plentiful and just across 4th street from the venue.
-Introduce yourself and be friendly. The smash community is great. Don't be an awkwardly reticent noob.

malva00

Smash Master
I won't be able to go.

Have fun trying to defeat San Jose State Champ Bernard and San Jose State Team Champions Bernard/Vincent

The Game II

Smash Champion
OMG Bernard is pro!!!!!

But hey, anyone driving to the event, the parking garage on (I think) 4th Street near the McDonalds has free parking on weekends. I found out by pure luck, so GO THERE.

--GCII

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
The Game II said:
OMG Bernard is pro!!!!!

But hey, anyone driving to the event, the parking garage on (I think) 4th Street near the McDonalds has free parking on weekends. I found out by pure luck, so GO THERE.

--GCII
Haha, yeah. Same as usual for me, if Glenn goes then I go, so if Glenn pre-registers, then sign me up too.

thefusion

Smash Ace
I'll come and bring a cube. I'm sending this out to some of my friends to see if they are interested. It should be awesome.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Boback, who from DBR exactly? Like sometimes not all of them show up.

I know that Alex isn't coming until March 18th, but is everyone else going?

malva00

Smash Master
Some guy from hayward wants a ride to this bi-weekly. He should post in this topic sometime I don't know how to talk to him.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Me and my friend Jobe are more than likely going to be making the march 4th event. **** Alex as in DSF is going to the 18th?? Sucks for me. No Isai or Lunin this time either, ****. Well maybe I'll be able to make it to both or something I dunno. We'll be there pretty for sure though on march 4th.

sidefx

Smash Champion
djkarthik said:
Boback, who from DBR exactly? Like sometimes not all of them show up.

I know that Alex isn't coming until March 18th, but is everyone else going?

uhmm probably german, claudio, zel, nick ( he sometimes goes so hes a maybe), and miguel.. well, he depends on whos going, ( ie, derek, and claudio) so hes a mabye too, bobby ( again maybe depends on his work schedule)

but most likley the same people who came to the last biweekly will go..

im not saying they will, but more than likley they will. ( assumption)

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
List of people I haven't played yet

SideFX (This time for sure!)
ZOAP!!!!!????!!???!!?! (Is this a curse?)
Zivilyn Bane (I know you helped with NCT, thanks but I need to play you a bit)
Hero
Game 2
That's it for now, I'd like to play everyone though this time around

Zoap

Smash Master
lol

we might be there, i dunno parents are sore at me for that ticket. Snke, we were about to play then the pizza arrived. perhaps a curse we shall never know.

sidefx

Smash Champion
zoap what did i tell you!? tsk tsk shouldnt have showed them, just should have wrote a check and sent it out,

mine is already sent =) but its still bull****.. 40 ****ing dollars how stupid

snke i want to doc ditto you =D and some other stuff

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
SNKE yeah we should definately play. I dunno what you look like or who you use so you'll have to find me there. I always try to play everybody so I'm sure we get our matches in this time.

Same with everybody else too. Let's play!

See you guys there.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Yeah...I'm gonna be there, and Zivilyn we need to play, we did a few friendlies at NCT, but I never played your Samus....hopefully this one we will.

The Game II

Smash Champion
snke i don't mind playing a couple friendlies, but everyone's going to be begging me to tape matches again, so I doubt I'll have time.

Oh, and if people can bring VCRs, that'll help get a lot more matches recorded.

--GCII

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Anyone want to do money matches? I'll try to get some money ready. I've put those money matches with Boback and Derek off too many times; we end it on the 4th. Let's do this.

Current Money Matches:
[$5] SideFX (Doc/Fox) vs. Me (Jiggs/Sheik)
[$3] Irish (Ganon) vs. Me (Jiggs/Sheik)

Anyone else? thefusion? Falcomist? Myko? The Game II?

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
malva00 said:
Have fun trying to defeat San Jose State Champ Bernard and San Jose State Team Champions Bernard/Vincent
I don't want to argue, but who is San Jose State Champ? Me? Bernard? Someone else? I faught Bernard a couple times once and beat him maybe once or twice or 4 times (it was, like, last semester - I don't know). I'd like to battle him a few times to determine SJSU champ : ). If you're reading this Bernard, let's have a finals match haha - for fun!

Krypthanh

Smash Apprentice
KizzoGirl said:
I don't want to argue, but who is San Jose State Champ? Me? Bernard? Someone else? I faught Bernard a couple times once and beat him maybe once or twice or 4 times (it was, like, last semester - I don't know). I'd like to battle him a few times to determine SJSU champ : ). If you're reading this Bernard, let's have a finals match haha - for fun!
woah woah woah, i want a piece of the winner. I might not win...but i want to be considered! haha me="SJSU CHAMP........runner-up

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Count me in. :)

Hayward is on my way. If you can get him in contact with me, I'll see if I can give him a ride.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
djkarthik said:
Anyone want to do money matches? I'll try to get some money ready. I've put those money matches with Boback and Derek off too many times; we end it on the 4th. Let's do this.

Current Money Matches:
[$5] SideFX (Doc/Fox) vs. Me (Jiggs/Sheik)
[$3] Irish (Ganon) vs. Me (Jiggs/Sheik)

Anyone else? thefusion? Falcomist? Myko? The Game II?
I'll MM you my samus/falco/falcon/marth vs your anything. $3 USD.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
The Game II said:
Bring your DS. I wanna race a few. :)

--GCII
Hell yeah I'll bring my DS :-D Anyone else who has a DS should bring theirs too. 8 player races are godly.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
SHERIDIZZLE!
I dunno if i can maje it but i wanna badly!
No tourny is legit w out the S Dangerous
i miss u sheridan, lets hug at kizzo.

Top Bottom