• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I had a long list of shoutouts, but that's when my computer chose to go out suddenly. So, my less impressive shoutouts will have to be:

NK - Lots of thanks for the floor to sleep on. You rock at Guitar Hero.

Kizzo - It was really helpful of you to give us a place to stay close to the venue. The tourney went on so late I couldn't imagine having to then have to go much further to get to sleep.

Sheridan -Lotsa props for the impressive job running the tournament. I know not a lot of people notice all the hard work organizers do, so I wanted to make sure to show my appreciation for what you and the other TOs did.

Warp $tar Warrior - Nice meeting you in person and playing Kirby dittos with you. People say Kirby dittos are boring (or whatever) but I always have lots of fun dittoing good Kirby players. See you on WFC when Brawl comes out for more Kirby action!

Silent Specter - The team friendies against you and Tang were the most fun I had at the tournament.

Yen - I loved randomly teaming Kirby with your Jigglypuff in friendlies. I didn't know who you were, but now I do and I'm glad we got to play some smash together.

Mexican - GJ ****** with DK. I loved watching your matches. Glad to see the tie fit. ;)

Everyone else - I always have a lot of fun going back down to Cali, meeting new smashers, and seeing old faces again. Sorry if I wasn't as amicable as I normally am, but I would have been a lot more friendly had I not stayed up until the morning of the tournament with Nintendo King. LOL.

Hope to see you all for Brawl, online and off. :kirby:

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Kizzo - It was really helpful of you to give us a place to stay close to the venue. The tourney went on so late I couldn't imagine having to then have to go much further to get to sleep.
Yeah it's pretty nice for myself to wake up and kinda already be at the biweekly. I've even spent the night there a few times. Have a good day.

Miztik

Smash Master
man it sucks that we had to leave halfway. =[
yea that did suck you guys had to leave but it was even worse when me and park had to leave early also like that was whack ima try to make the next biweeklie whenever that is lol

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
yea that did suck you guys had to leave but it was even worse when me and park had to leave early also like that was whack ima try to make the next biweeklie whenever that is lol
Thanks for playing your Young Link against me - I love those matches.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Bleh fun tourny, was kinda disappointed at my performance, but well, had to have a bad tournament some time, sry for johns lol. Played 2 sheiks and both ct me lol, still gg kira I was pretty impressed, but imo try to mix it up a lil more, I noticed a lil too much cc dsmash and grabbing, that works fine against another sheik but other chars...yeah xP. Still good though, you should be somewhere on those rankings at least haha.

Hmm too many ppl to make sections of shoutouts to, so basically if you know i like you then pretend i said something about it in this post kthx

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I'd like to point out that at least three different Foxes drillshined me three times in a row into usmash/uthrow uair. Wtf Norcal, calm down, how do I win against that?

EDIT: BTZO I have a different style against pretty much every decent character in the game. CC and grab is very important in Sheik dittos so I just do that =P

But for whatever reason, I was having trouble CC into dtilt which I prefer over dsmash. I think it had to do with your spacing.

EDIT 2: Lol I almost forgot I have to change my avatar. No worries KFC, it needed a change anyway. I got a lot better at fighting Fox and Falco over the weekend; if you ever go to another tournament then I'll take you out.

Miztik

Smash Master
Thanks for playing your Young Link against me - I love those matches.
nah man Thank you and yea those matches were really fun i wish we could have played more but yea hopefully if you do figure out away to keep this biweeklies going we'll be able to play again if i can make it

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I'd like to point out that at least three different Foxes drillshined me three times in a row into usmash/uthrow uair. Wtf Norcal, calm down, how do I win against that?
wat you do is pick a gay character (preferrably female) and then gimp their recoveries

YaYUHZZZZ!!!

edit: or perhaps a multi-sex character like ice climbers, pikachu, yoshi, or marth

like i said they are all good at gimping fast fallers

unless his name is luninspectra, if he plays fox he will probably mess up

everyone in norcal has fox as secondary LOL (but not main unless your name is luninspectra or lucien)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
in washington tech skill is whatever anyway because they lose to people who play fast characters such as bowser and luigi

but in cali everyone fears JIGGLYPUFF so it's all good

i guess west coast can't really talk about tech skill cuz east coast invented everything anyway

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
This event turned out a lot better than I though it would. Super Rad said my estimation of 95 people was an over estimation, that n00b! lol jk and gj gg gl hf to everyone. I like the guy with a tie.

quak

Smash Champion
as long as somebody shows me the ropes of where to get the tv's, i could set up things down there every time i go.

but as an errata: people might get kicked out a little early, as i have to drive back home still. And sometimes tournies will be called off, as i got **** to do on saturdays sometimes. Also, i have a tendency to abuse power, nothin major, but i might make darell get me food from places.

nothing written in stone yet, but im willing to do it

hugQ Cortex

Master
Nemesis: Your Falcon is so smooth and refined. Good job at getting 4th!

Brandan (Mr. Ganondorf): Dang, great work in teams and singles!

AfroJustin: You have a really nice Pikachu, our teams and singles sets were close and intense.

Quak: Holy crap, nice Mewtwo man. I saw your match vs Tang. Second best Mewtwo I've seen.

Park: Craaaaaazy Yoshi.

Lucien: Your Fox is super smart and concise. Good job at getting 5th!

David (SNPR): Great seeing you again, man. We should hang out when I go back to SoCal.

Phil: Dude, you got so much better since the last time I played you at Evo West!

Mexican. Your DK is brutal and you were the most entertaining player to watch. Great tie.

Tang: It was fun playing you in tourney again, your Fox is hard.

DYRL: Nice seeing you again, man. Keep working on that Samus.

Capris (sp?): It was cool meeting someone from the mid-west. Your Falcon rocks.

Everyone who I've met before and saw again at this biweekly: Nice seeing you guys again.

And it was great meeting all of the new people I played with :)

SuperRad

Smash Master
about getting people to run tournaments:
the problem isnt that we dont have people to help RUN the tournaments. sheridan and btzo and zoap and prodigykid among others can all run them fine.

the problem is that we need someone that:
a) kizzo trusts
b) is willing to come set up and pack down the room

a is the hard part. it's not just kizzo's stuff, there's a lot to be accounted for.
i'm willing to help set up and pack down stuff. I've done it a couple times now, and I know the routine.

on a kind of related note, it looks like most likely ill be going to SJSU next year (and I'll be majoring in CS). So hopefully if this comes up again then, I'll be able to get it set up.

quak

Smash Champion
i can watch the stuff around, i don't think people will try to take a computer, but if they do, no biggie

i know karate

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
Phil: Dude, you got so much better since the last time I played you at Evo West!

QUOTE]

Thanks! i really appericate it!:)and ive always loved when i reflect your charged shot you powershield it back!

Top Bottom