• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

RizMF

Smash Apprentice
@Yes: Depending on how many people want to come it might just be in my room.

@Cable: Friday is a bit more convenient than Saturday for me, but if most people want it on Saturday I'll do it.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
imo hosts should never do at the door registration for nationals.

that way they get their money from bank account or paypal accounts in cash before the tourney and can pay out at the event without it being messy. i assume plank held at the door reg cuz he was upset at the tourney and hoped for more because of the hotel.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
I won the only event at POUND 5 with a cash prize. Just sayin'.
Nah chill Alberto.
Laijin made bank too for winning Melee ammy bracket.

You guys are the real winners here.

Damn well (time to stroke my own ****!!) at KTAR 4 I had to put in all my profits (around $200) to payout the guaranteed pot I promised and I also helped pay for Texas monkey man's flight so I ended up in the negative some ($80) for the sake of rep. I know better for next time.

And if anybody feels bad I profited more than twice what I lost there from previous KTARs 1/2/3.

If you don't feel bad, SCREW YOU!!!!!
Well I would've felt bad if I really wanted to, but since you're gonna force me to feel bad...

well ****... I don't wanna be screwed :/

Best NJ TO though <3

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
It'll be cool if lots of people go to riz's smashfest. I wanna hang out with people as much as possible before i have to move.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Smash race breakdown estimation:

35% white
30% black
20% Hispanic
10% Asian
5% other (Indian, Middle-Eastern, etc.)

Just off the top of my head. I'd like to see some real statistics on this.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Black people just love fighting whether it be games or real life.

Btw this is mainly just our area. When I went to that Ohio tourney I freaked!! 99% white, 1% Keitaro. They were fun people.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
imo hosts should never do at the door registration for nationals.

that way they get their money from bank account or paypal accounts in cash before the tourney and can pay out at the event without it being messy. i assume plank held at the door reg cuz he was upset at the tourney and hoped for more because of the hotel.
True, but I'd like to know the ratio of people who register online vs at the door. Not allowing people to pay at the door may drastically change the number of entrants. Then again, maybe not.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
What's good with this Poly Brawl place? I'm trying to come to a NY event and I hear that's a good one cause its not in someone's apartment, yes or no?

Chibo - Give it to Xanadu

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
The Polybrawl venue is godlike, they get an huge-*** college lounge for the entire day.
Not to mention they run the tourneys well.

EDIT: The lounge is right next to a cafeteria, too.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
KTAR 5 would be my recommendation. Admittedly close to CoT, but it's AN, everyone is going to CoT anyway.
Thanks for the suggestion but he's looking for something soon after March 25th I believe. Something in early April.

Chibo I think Polybrawl is on April 2nd. That usually around has 80 people including NJ/NY sometimes PA and NE. MD/VA usually doesn't go there though.

Edit: md/va seems interested now.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I want to give the pass to PA or NJ, NJ preferably
MDVA is too far south for the rest of AN
NY and north is too far north for the rest of AN
Both NY and MDVA have attended NJ events, and NE isn't thaat far of a stretch. NJ is the best middle ground.
KTAR5 is waaay too late unfortunately or I would

Top Bottom