• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Those "idiots" are partially espy.
Although I do agree that that chart is poorly made in the sonic area because all sorts of other mains either under or overestimate sonic, and they have a say in the chart too.
Why is idiots in quotes in your comment to me? It's not needed considering the evidence for my claim is right in that chart. Sonic was one example of many.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298517

Not sure if you guys have anything planned for this date, but IF ou dont, come to this! plz! Thx!
This is the same date as HG's bimonthly >_> I won't be able to come since I'm helping HG cohost but good luck with this! For the future you can check the calender to see what tournies are scheduled for Saturdays since they have to be on the calendar nowadays.

Keitaro

That list the BBR made is going to be very hard for players to actually accept. People will denounce it as doodoo once they see a couple things off from their opinion of how it should be.

Most of it seems fine but a good margin of it seems off.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm not responsible for that trash

I've been telling people for months now that the public is going to laugh at it because it is atrocious

and here we are

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
A lot of us are busy. I'm on the panel for Mario/Link and all of us are pretty inactive at the moment thanks to school, well that's my biggest issue at the moment. I'm sort of focused on graduating this semester. lol

Keitaro

The character backrooms...half of them consist of people who don't even know their own characters
This is probably true.

I don't remember anyone asking the Falco backroom what we thought of Falco's matchups. I know Falco's matchups have been discussed in the public Falco character thread section but not in the backroom so I don't think the character backrooms helped for this.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
This is probably true.

I don't remember anyone asking the Falco backroom what we thought of Falco's matchups. I know Falco's matchups have been discussed in the public Falco character thread section but not in the backroom so I don't think the character backrooms helped for this.

Our character backroom has had public discussion using this -4 -> +4 format

I assumed that every character backroom did that.

Of course our backroom consists of people who think our character is worthless in everyway possible and/or inactive people. Of course there are like the 3-4 people in the backroom who actually like...do ****.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well see thats a problem...because you will have those people that will be like "my character is so F**king great" and skew all the matchups to be more positive then they are

and then you have people who are like "my character is a**" and skew all the matchups to be more negative then they are....thats why matchup **** is stupid at times.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
well see thats a problem...because you will have those people that will be like "my character is so F**king great" and skew all the matchups to be more positive then they are

and then you have people who are like "my character is a**" and skew all the matchups to be more negative then they are....thats why matchup **** is stupid at times.
I don't think Lucario v MK is a -2, I think it's -1.

Though if we have numbers like this then we can make a tier list exactly how street fighter does. Add the matchup numbers and put them in order.

I'm actually doing that as we speak, it's hilarious the difference between snake and MK.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Espy (Sonic) and Mr. Doom (Ike) are two of the three reps who helped the Wolf matchup spread lmao. Though the matchuups are quite good other then a few abnormalities like Yoshi, Rob, and Pit not being even or advantage and D3 not being -3.

Zucco

Smash Master
I don't think Lucario v MK is a -2, I think it's -1.

Though if we have numbers like this then we can make a tier list exactly how street fighter does. Add the matchup numbers and put them in order.

I'm actually doing that as we speak, it's hilarious the difference between snake and MK.
Its at least -2 dude.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Some defense on my part regarding the BBR matchup chart:

I only had input on the Meta Knight and Falco panels. Things I fought for (or at the very least submitted my opinions for) included Peach as a +3, Lucario as a +1, ZSS as a +2, and Lucas as a +3 (for MK) and G&W as a +1, Lucario as a +1, Kirby as a +1, Lucas as a +2, and Yoshi as a +3 (for Falco).

There were a few discrepancies left over at the end because certain panels could not reach a compromise. Marc appointed certain "final panelists" to settle them, and they effectively got to put whatever numbers they wanted down without input from the rest of their character's panel.

I will refrain from commenting specifically on the quality of the choices made for some panels; however, I will say that some panels were much more fortunate than others.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ey keitaro where is ktar tourney usually held?

And does anyone know where no koast usually is?

Edit: and to be a cool kid and talk about bbr matchups diddy mk is not even lol

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Some defense on my part regarding the BBR matchup chart:

I only had input on the Meta Knight and Falco panels. Things I fought for (or at the very least submitted my opinions for) Lucario as a + 1
This was probably the hardest one to compromise, ranging from -1 to +1 from what I've seen/heard/discussed

I think it's slight in cario's favor, but too slight to ACTUALLY become a +1 for him.

Keitaro

Ey keitaro where is ktar tourney usually held?

And does anyone know where no koast usually is?

Edit: and to be a cool kid and talk about bbr matchups diddy mk is not even lol
KTARs are usually held in central jersey in the town South River. I should be holding one in June.

No Koasts are in the MW I believe.. Not sure exactly what state though. It does start with an M.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
KTARs are usually held in central jersey in the town South River. I should be holding one in June.

No Koasts are in the MW I believe.. Not sure exactly what state though. It does start with an M.
Ah ok. Just wondering...wanted to go to one of the two since they apart of the whole road to apex thing.

Edit: more than likely yours since jersey is usually mad cheap to fly to

Top Bottom