• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo DSi

Darkslash

Smash Master
On-topic though, I was at a tourney today and a guy had an imported DSi that he was showing off. It looked absolutely awesome, and the camera was very nice. You could do some stuff with it like put a frame of Mario's hat and mustache and take a picture of somebody's face under it.
So is it true that the DSi's browser sucks? or is it sucks becuase the browser only works in japan.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
So is it true that the DSi's browser sucks? or is it sucks becuase the browser only works in japan.
Apparently the browser's basically the same as the regular, standalone DS Browser. Which basically means: slow as balls.

While you have to wait a few minutes for the guy to download and launch the browser, you can see it in action here.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Apparently the browser's basically the same as the regular, standalone DS Browser. Which basically means: slow as balls.
Wouldn't that be more dependent upon the DS's connection to the internet, and not just the browser itself? The non-DSi DS could only do wireless B--no G, meaning it would be, yeah, slow as balls. The DSi, however, has been updated to include G, and while the core of the browser might well still suck, it should at least be marginally faster.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I honestly thought from the beginning that DS should've been called Nintendo Dumb ****. The only game I can legitimately enjoy is Star Fox Command, and that's a stretch.
lulz

DS is the best handheld to have ever been made. The amount of games, and good ones at that, is amazing. There are so many amazing games on the DS. I have more games for my DS then, IIRC, any other system. You should seriously consider buying more games.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Darkslash

Smash Master
I honestly thought from the beginning that DS should've been called Nintendo Dumb ****. The only game I can legitimately enjoy is Star Fox Command, and that's a stretch.
Wait. So your saying the best handheld ever is dumb? i swear to god the DS is the only handheld console to get shooters right. Play a FPS on the DS you get Mouse and Keyboard controls. Did you play the Ace Attorney series? Call of duty DS Series? Metroid Prime Hunters(Before you jump on me Firus i liked MP:H Because it was a FPS and not a FPA, if it was a FPA it failed.Most likely it wasn't)?

POKEMON!?!?!?!?!?(Before any of you jump on me I liked Platinum and not D/P)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

DS is the best handheld to have ever been made.
the best handheld ever
I just lost a good deal of respect for the both of you. What happened to the Game Boy? The Game Boy Advance?

I realize the DS has a good number of redeeming titles, but the GBA is full of awesome. ALttP/FS, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Minish Cap, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, M&L Superstar Saga, Mario Kart; Super Circuit...etc.

The DS has a few gems. But the vast majority is crap.

You guys appear to have fallen under the evil spell of the Nintendo DS.

i swear to god the DS is the only handheld console to get shooters right. Play a FPS on the DS you get Mouse and Keyboard controls.
First of all, contradiction much?

Also, why is it such a big deal if it can pull of FPS's? It might be a plus but it doesn't make the entire handheld.

Metroid Prime Hunters(Before you jump on me Firus i liked MP:H Because it was a FPS and not a FPA, if it was a FPA it failed.Most likely it wasn't)?
Considering how crappy the adventure part was, I would sure hope so. But I imagine it was meant to be a slightly more multiplayer-oriented rendition of the Prime series.

Either way, it does not even deserve to be called a Metroid game.

Also, the GBA has the best compatibility. It can play GB/GBC games as well, while the DS can barely play GBA games (it's disappearing with the DSi), and cannot play GB/GBC games. There's one major fail.

POKEMON!?!?!?!?!?(Before any of you jump on me I liked Platinum and not D/P)
You say that as if Platinum is in the past...it's not even out in America yet.

Plus, Platinum doesn't change the game enough to say that you hate D/P but like Platinum. Sorry, Pokemon on DS = fail. At least compared to all others.

Mewter

Smash Master
Hah, I just read the OP with Firus' quote in it. I'm lucky I waited before posting, because he laid it all out, already. The DSi may have some cool features, but most of us already have the tools that can do the same things that the DSi features, and in higher quality. My opinion? It's great, but keep your old DS.

Geist

Smash Master
You know what's awesome? I just got a DS lite a little while ago.
Actually, it was less than 48 hours before I saw the DSi on a magazine.
I was kinda pissed.

Funny how it doesn't support gba games. Guitar Hero got screwed.

I need to say that there are some really good games on the DS that are easily overlooked because of the vast, vast, VAST majority of garbage. I wouldn't go as far as callng it the best handheld however. If you're judging by it's impact, the first gameboy beats it, and if you're judging quality, GBA beats it.
Take out the terrible pet shop and hannah montana games and it's a pretty decent system. Even if some of the games aren't your taste. I know I like FFTA2, castlevania, metroid, mario kart, disgaea and pokemon D/P/Pl way more than starfox assault.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
You know what's awesome? I just got a DS lite a little while ago.
Actually, it was less than 48 hours before I saw the DSi on a magazine.
I was kinda pissed.

Funny how it doesn't support gba games. Guitar Hero got screwed.

I need to say that there are some really good games on the DS that are easily overlooked because of the vast, vast, VAST majority of garbage. I wouldn't go as far as callng it the best handheld however. If you're judging by it's impact, the first gameboy beats it, and if you're judging quality, GBA beats it.
Take out the terrible pet shop and hannah montana games and it's a pretty decent system. Even if some of the games aren't your taste. I know I like FFTA2, castlevania, metroid, mario kart, disgaea and pokemon D/P/Pl way more than starfox assault.

Dude your right .... screw Imagine .. doctor.. baby... gymnast... dog... crap .... keyboard..pudding.. or whatever the hell they make for little girls to eat up...

But you did forget the best DS game .. Phantom hourglass and Mario Kart DS

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I just lost a good deal of respect for the both of you. What happened to the Game Boy? The Game Boy Advance?

I realize the DS has a good number of redeeming titles, but the GBA is full of awesome. ALttP/FS, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Minish Cap, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, M&L Superstar Saga, Mario Kart; Super Circuit...etc

Yes a lot of them were awesome but the DS has PW, MK:DS, Metriod Prime (which although I didn't really enjoy as much, it was still decent), FE:SD, Animal crossing wild world, NSMB and Super Mario 64 DS. Thats just a few.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Problems with the DSi:
>Crappy camera (0.3 mpxls)
>256mb memory
>NA release date
>Battery life
Good things about the DSi:
>Everything else

I can't wait to buy this system it sounds so fun. Hopefully they can change the battery life because that is the biggest factor for me. 14 hours is good but they can do better...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Problems with the DSi:
>Crappy camera (0.3 mpxls)
>256mb memory
>NA release date
>Battery life
Good things about the DSi:
>Everything else

I can't wait to buy this system it sounds so fun. Hopefully they can change the battery life because that is the biggest factor for me. 14 hours is good but they can do better...
the camera on the outside is 3mpxl, only the inside one is .3 because u dont need high rez if ur taking a self portrait lol

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The external camera is 3.0, and the internal one (on the hinge) is a VGA (0.3). Seriously, the freaking thing's out already. We should all know this by now.

Why is that a big deal, anyway? The Game Boy Camera is less than even that, and that thing is to this day the coolest camera I've eveer bought. :chuckle:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
But you did forget the best DS game .. Phantom hourglass
Lolwut?

Have you ever played a Zelda game before? Or any sort of game at all before? That game was fun, but lasted about two hours. Dungeons were about 15 minutes, bosses about 2. That includes time to figure out puzzles. Way too easy.

Yes a lot of them were awesome but the DS has PW, MK:DS, Metriod Prime (which although I didn't really enjoy as much, it was still decent), FE:SD, Animal crossing wild world, NSMB and Super Mario 64 DS. Thats just a few.

Metroid Prime Hunters was DECENT at best. Mediocre. FE:SD I don't think you've played yet so it's hard to say it's awesome, Wild World was okay but a lot worse than the original and City Folk. That is just to name a few, but I only named a few awesome GBA titles too, and almost all of the ones I named are more awesome than their DS counterparts. The only one I can't say for sure is better is Mario because I'm neither a connoisseur of Mario games nor have I played many Mario games on GBA or DS.

And that's just the GBA I'm talking about there. What about the GB/GBC? Two EPIC generations of Pokemon, arguably the best. Metroid II. Zelda OoS/A, plus Link's Awakening. There's the Game & Watch series. There's Kirby's Dreamland. Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. Etc.

The Game Boys are much better than the DS. The fact that people are starting to forget the GB era for the DS already makes me sad.

Even if the DS is better than my experience has found it to be, it is still HIGHLY overrated.

Are you suggesting the PSP needs a hard drive?
It doesn't need a hard drive. It could just be like the DS and, you know, not need memory cards.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I lucked out with the PSP memory stick. My teacher gave me a 1GB duo for free, and my brother already had a 2 (or was it 5?) GB for a digital camera.

I won't be getting a DSi at the moment. Not sure if I'll ever buy one. I'll wait until there's some cool exclusive content for it. Although, that Dragon Quest casing for the DSi sure looks tempting...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The Game Boys are much better than the DS. The fact that people are starting to forget the GB era for the DS already makes me sad.
The fact that the DSi will have downloadable games similar to the Wii makes me suspect we haven't seen the last of old Gameboy and Gameboy Colour games...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If they do make downloadable GBA games for the DSi, hopefully Nintendo will actually release Mother 3 in the States.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
If they do make downloadable GBA games for the DSi, hopefully Nintendo will actually release Mother 3 in the States.
Isn't that the game with cross dressing men?

**** no they won't release that to the states. XD

You can have a lesbian in Fire Emblem hit on another woman but seeing a dude in woman's clothes is a big no-no

okiyama

Smash Ace
why I will NOT buy a DSi
I have a DS(games)
I have a zune(mp3)
I have a phone(camera)
I'm getting an R4(games, music, movies, internet et cetera...)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If your not going to buy it then why did you post hear MI brother?

Anyway's, I'm still getting the DSi and not Lite, I owned the DS Phat for far too long, and want a brighter back light to see better. And the DLC Wario Ware look's intresting.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I've been tempted, but it'll probably be a try before I buy thing, especially (from what I understand) it has the same D-pad as the Lite, which I detest.

It'll probably come down to how comfortable it is, plus the DS-downloads.

Alzi

Smash Master
I'm only getting this if it comes with a limited edition pack like they did with the gold phantom hourglass ds lite.

Alzi

Smash Master
I might buy it because I heard it can support WPA, which is what my router uses.
Really?

If it supports WPA then i can finally play with my ds online. Since my router supports WPA aswell i can change it to WEP but that will just be bad security so if it does support WPA then i'll be happy.

Top Bottom