• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NinjaLink's Zelda and Teleport Cancelling.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Yep NinjaLink is bored and wants to contribute another technique, Teleport Cancelling. Not sure if this is discovered being i dont read the char forums. U basically edgecancel same as melee. In the beginning of this vid i show off the teleport cancelling and fight afterwards. This was a random vid that was recorded at MASS Madness.

Teleport Cancel

Best Use of Teleport Cancel EVER
Thanx for watching. Hope it helps

Vintage vids

VS Dedede 3/1/08

VS Dedede 2 3/1/08

VS Zamus 3/4/08

VS Peach 2/5/08

VS Peach 2 2/5/08

All ppl in vintage vids are WAAAAY better now than here. These are the starting stages of the game and ppl didnt have the game yet. Only reason i put these up cause i have no recent vids of myself.

EDIT; NEW ....well not really. More recent if anything.

Vs Fox 1 7/11/08

Vs Fox 2 7/11/08

Both above are WIFI

Recent vids vs Rykoshet, Bum and Glitch

Vs Lucario

Vs Ness

VS Ike 1

Vs Ike 2

Vs Ike 3

Vs Marth

11/10/08

VS Fox 1

VS Fox 2

Vs Fox 3

Vs Fox 4

11/11/08

Vs Yoshi

Vs Peach 1

Vs Peach 2

Vs Peach 3

Vs Peach 4

This matches made me very frustrated but i figured the matchup out.

Vs MK 1

Vs MK 2

Vs Mk 3

Vs Peach (Slikvik)

Vs Peach 2

Vs GW (uses sheik as well)

Vs Samus Another great teleport cancel kill

12/07/08

Vs Mario

Vs Mario 2

Vs Mario 3

Vs Dedede

Vs Dedede 2

Vs Dedede 3

Vs Marth

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
The concept has been found before (i'm almost rather sure by luthien), it was just described as ledge stealing since the most easy application is to grab the ledge out of it. However it was established quite a few months ago that since you're getting your second jump back out of a farore's wind exit (technically in the air since you're kind of sliding offstage upon exit) that you can do whatever you want out of this, the application in this case being using your second jump and using farore's again. Due to the starting point, animation, and distinct sound of FW though it's easily telegraphed unless you do it from the SSW, SW, or WSW enter points.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I was really hoping this was going to be something else.

Good Zelda, by the way. We play very much alike. I wish I could play against you :p

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
The concept has been found before (i'm almost rather sure by luthien), it was just described as ledge stealing since the most easy application is to grab the ledge out of it. However it was established quite a few months ago that since you're getting your second jump back out of a farore's wind exit (technically in the air since you're kind of sliding offstage upon exit) that you can do whatever you want out of this, the application in this case being using your second jump and using farore's again. Due to the starting point, animation, and distinct sound of FW though it's easily telegraphed unless you do it from the SSW, SW, or WSW enter points.
I also shown myself grabbing the ledge as well. i'll put up a vid which shows a better use for it. I attacked out of it but yea. I knew about it months ago also just i dont always post everything i find.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Looks very fun and somewhat useful since Zelda is slow when it comes to running.

But it requires good spacing...I fear I might teleport off the stage.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Ledge-Warping is easy. Most of the time people stick to a couple of stages.

Stand on the edge so you're teetering, then FW towards the center of the stage. From that point, take one tiny step forward. MARK THIS POINT. Look for something on the screen that is always there and only do the move from this point. FW back to the edge, and there you have it.

Once you're comfortable, practice other distances. Follow the same rules.

1. Teeter.
2. FW towards center.
3. Take one tiny step backwards.
4. Ledgewarp.

Nakayorz

Smash Apprentice
I was really hoping this was going to be something else.

Good Zelda, by the way. We play very much alike. I wish I could play against you :p
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this. Can you link a video so we can see how you play? Because that would be a very interesting video to watch.

I couldn't help but notice that you like to complement how good a lot of players that post videos are and follow up with how you play the same as these said players that happen to all have vastly different playstyles from each other and varying levels of skill in different areas.

Playing similarly with all of them at once must be a pretty amazing merging of good play.

:)

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
i Couldn't Help But Laugh When I Saw This. Can You Link A Video So We Can See How You Play? Because That Would Be A Very Interesting Video To Watch.

I Couldn't Help But Notice That You Like To Complement How Good A Lot Of Players That Post Videos Are And Follow Up With How You Play The Same As These Said Players That Happen To All Have Vastly Different Playstyles From Each Other And Varying Levels Of Skill In Different Areas.

Playing Similarly With All Of Them At Once Must Be A Pretty Amazing Merging Of Good Play.

Lmao Gotem!!!!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this. Can you link a video so we can see how you play? Because that would be a very interesting video to watch.

I couldn't help but notice that you like to complement how good a lot of players that post videos are and follow up with how you play the same as these said players that happen to all have vastly different playstyles from each other and varying levels of skill in different areas.

Playing similarly with all of them at once must be a pretty amazing merging of good play.

I don't know what your problem is, but I have only ever said that once before this post.

This guy and the other guy I said it to play similarily.

If you can find more posts by me saying this, by all means, I will gladly take back what I just said. Until then, don't be a c*nt.

I would love to post videos, but I have absolutely no means of recording. I am aware that sounds like an excuse. There's a post in the videography thread trying to get someone to just tell me how to do this. I've got vids at the ready, so if you know someone that will upload them for me, just tell me their name.

Anyway, I think I've said enough. I honestly don't care that much about what facts you seem to have made up.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Wow. This is crazy. Me and you have like, the exact same fighting style. I watched a lot of Zelda vids wondering if I was ******** or something. :p

I wannnaaa pllaayyyy yooouuuu ):
From Naks' Resolute Princess Montage.

Even if you've only said it about 2 people, I've seen ninjalink play zelda in person, I have a replay of it on my SD card and Wii no less. As the person who plays naks the most out of anyone I can tell you without a doubt that they don't play similarly at all, unless you count throwing a safe din's fire at the start, which most of the time naks doesnt even bother with anymore. You can cover it with the semantic argument that he said a lot but the operative point is that your message, your statement, your sentiment sounds ridiculous. In fact I'm surprised they've been so civil about it because I'd have just called you a bull****ter who talks themselves up and called it a day, but I frankly don't really care how good you are or how you play.

I'll leave the ball in your court, tell me how ninjalink and naks play similarly beyond just picking zelda and I'll tell you from personal experience what the operative differences are.

Also, I know Naks well enough to say that he was just making a humourous observation and though he may have had a slight sarcastic tone to it, it would most likely be playful and wouldn't justify the name calling you've stooped to at this point.

Nakayorz

Smash Apprentice
I would love to post videos, but I have absolutely no means of recording. I am aware that sounds like an excuse. There's a post in the videography thread trying to get someone to just tell me how to do this. I've got vids at the ready, so if you know someone that will upload them for me, just tell me their name.

Anyway, I think I've said enough. I honestly don't care that much about what facts you seem to have made up.
I don't want to argue so I'm going to be as helpful as I can about your dilemma that's preventing you from recording.

step 1: get a capture device. this can be a capture card or firewire/usb device. I believe most people recommend the Gamebridge for recording gaming footage which can be found here. http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/support/Video/prod/AVC-1410/

step 2: if you want to play on your TV while recording at the same time you will need a video distribution amplifier, you can pick up one of these at radio shack. http://www.radioshack.com/search/in...fier&origkw=video distribution amplifier&sr=1

step 3: click the bright yellow upload button on your youtube account after logging in and type your description out and choose the video you want to upload. if you need to trim the video or anything or make modification you can use avidemux to do so before uploading. http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

Note: youtube's native resolution for High Quality mode is 480x360 so you can save upload time by decreasing it as such.

I hope this was helpful and good luck / have fun.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Alright, this will be the last post I make in this thread.

All that I meant was that the the two of them, from what I recall, play really agressive Zeldas. I am yet to meet a Zelda that plays agressively.

In hindsight, yeah, I was exaggerating out the "exact" same playstyle, and it was stupid to say that after watching a couple of Nak. vids. That's the reason I said the two were SIMILAR. Not identical. They both play agressively. Of course they are not the same. No two zeldas are the same.

Think whatever you want. I didn't intend for this to erupt into all this argument over something as insignificant as saying I like somebody's Zelda.

Fine. You know them better. I don't really care. From the videos I watched, they were similar. That's it.

Edit: Thank you Naks for the info. I don't want to buy a card because I think I have a port already. That's all I want to know. Eitherway, I'll be leaving the country in about 2 weeks, so no point buying it here.

Sorry about calling you a ****. I just thought the post was uncalled for.

Nakayorz

Smash Apprentice
Well if you have a video camera already with a firewire jack you could plug it directly into your computer and you can use virtual dub to capture which you can find here http://www.virtualdub.org/ if you're on PC. If you're on a mac you can capture it directly into iMovie and such.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Ah good, there are finally videos up of this. I've been meaning to do that for a while, but I'm cheap and not willing to spend money on recording tools. Mind if I take some of the videos from here and post them in my FW guide?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
He has a farore's wind guide he put up some while back to give people ideas of directions and offensive/defensive/mindgame applications. He's asking if he can use your videos to show people something he hasnt been able to capture I think.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
This is very similar to MK's drill rush cancel. I guess I better improve my Zelda now with this tech.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I am misunderstanding this concept, would someone please explain this to me. Is NinjaLink talking about Farore's Boost? or is this something different?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
theres no such thing as Farores Boost. Thats a momentum glitch with B moves. Nothing more.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
NEW UPDATE!! GREAT USE OF TELEPORT CANCEL. BEST EVER. I forgot about it so i put it up now. Luthien should love this one U'll kno it when u see it in the vid.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Bah, I was hoping that was going to be something else. I think I talked about it in one of these topics. It's in the Sheik Guide.

Good job, though.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I actually did this on my first try, but I have no idea how to repeat it. I know that you have to jump once you reach the ledge, so how exactly do you do this?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Position yourself to LW to the ledge.

As soon as you reappear, hit jump whild holding towards opponent and immediately b/f air.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I don't think you need to hit the jump button. I've done it w/o using jump.

but lol, I've S/D'd many times when trying to use this .

Top Bottom