• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NinjaLink's Zelda and Teleport Cancelling.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
FW out of shield?

Why?
Is it a problem? Sometimes u wanna keep that upsmash. Also element of surprise. I did catch him offguard at times. If he pops far out, teleport away. If hes about to land near u, land in place. Explosion'll get em.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
FW out of shield is very useful. It has more range, although it's a bit laggy and can leave you vulnerable. It's wonderful for refreshing your smash attacks.

As for the matches against MK, you played well, but what happened to your opponent? He seemed to do great at the start of each match, then he completely fell apart after the first minute.

Also, Marsulas, see how great Din's Fire can be?

Luthien

Smash Ace
Is it a problem? Sometimes u wanna keep that upsmash. Also element of surprise. I did catch him offguard at times. If he pops far out, teleport away. If hes about to land near u, land in place. Explosion'll get em.
Not at all, just curious. This is the first time I've seen it used so frequently, so I was wondering what the advantages of using it instead of usmash were.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
"Also, Marsulas, see how great Din's Fire can be?"

Uhhhh............no. Please enlighten me.

Villi

Smash Lord
Problem. Alot of the frame data is wrong. Falcos jab i KNOW is 2 frames and they have it as 4. Hard to believe certain moves.
Oh, I didn't notice that. I mostly referred to Zelda's frame data which seems to agree with Ryoko's frame data for Zelda. Marsulas made a thread somewhere around here with a big ol' Ryoko quote.

I used Samus' frame data to approximate the speed of FW. I set the cstick to special and made it clank with one of Samus' smashes and then tested it with Samus' other two smashes which were supposedly a frame apart, more and less. More likely, it's 11 frames from retesting it though. It's not faster than 10, but it's not slower than 12. It trades with Zelda's own jab.

Otherwise, sorry no data. :ohwell:

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Going back to the conversation of the first page: I just think that you should know that we play nothing alike. Nice vids by the way.

I have one question though. Do you b-stick your recoil farores or just use the control stick? And do you do it on purpose? >_>

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Going back to the conversation of the first page: I just think that you should know that we play nothing alike. Nice vids by the way.

I have one question though. Do you b-stick your recoil farores or just use the control stick? And do you do it on purpose? >_>
I dont change my controls. I wavebounce manually. Most of those that looked wavebounced arent. Thats B-Boosting. When ur in hit stun and u do a B-move it has that effect.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Nice vids, i'll put these in the video thread.

The only thing I don't like about your Zelda is your love of dash attack, most of the time you could have grabbed and not been punished.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Nice vids, i'll put these in the video thread.

The only thing I don't like about your Zelda is your love of dash attack, most of the time you could have grabbed and not been punished.
Well exCUUUUUUUUUUSE me Princess.

I'll keep doin it until i get punished once in that match. Grabbing i tend to get punished more being its so slow........freaking 13 frame grab.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Well exCUUUUUUUUUUSE me Princess.

I'll keep doin it until i get punished once in that match. Grabbing i tend to get punished more being its so slow........freaking 13 frame grab.
Lol, whatever works for you. Just in general her dash attack isn't safe on block and is easily punished. I do like how you jab to dash attack though.

The only time I really use dash attack is OoS in IDA form or if they land on stage from missing the ledge.

I also noticed in the Mario match that you grab released to a dtilt......might be something i'll be looking into.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
What approaches does Zelda have that're really safe on block anyways? Grab?
Nothing.......so why use dash attack? Walking into an fsmash is at least safer than dash attack due to shield knockback and the low cooldown time.

Villi

Smash Lord
Fsmash isn't an approach! It's too slow. Besides that, who's gonna let you walk up to them and fsmash. You gonna die.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Ok enough bickering children. Ppl tend to spotdodge more against me so i dash attack being i used to grab alot. And missing her grab is like death to the soul.

Bandit

Smash Lord
There are very few situations, it seems, where Zelda grabbing is useful. Dash attack is quick and it hits often. It works as a good follow up to a bunch of moves, so I see nothing wrong with it.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hmmmm.......maybe I should experiment with it more since all of the Zelda mains i've ever talked too think it's useful.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Sadly its been done by me already lol GG anyway

No one bothers to watch the new vid. Eff y'all >_>

Top Bottom