• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Weird question after a NASB chat I had with some friends on Discord; What Nick Jr. reps would you want other than the obvious Blue and Dora?

I'm not a diehard fan of Nick Jr, but if I had to pick one, it'd be Wubbzy - He's owned by Starz, so he probably won't happen, but dammit let me dream
I've always felt that Swiper would be really fun - perhaps he could have some sort of inventory for item grabs a la Villager or something to that extent - maybe have all his specials be the same projectile storage a la Asha's teleports in Slap City, with him having 3 spots for items. Being a potential loophole for brand image guidelines as a villain is just a plus.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
If the latest unsourced statement is true, I hope it's Thomas Cucumbers of the Carpet Mice. I wanna beat people up as a baby.

EDIT: NO NO BACKTRACK I DON'T WANT THIS DISCUSSION AGAIN
At this point, I want Pommy Tickles in here too. For the same reason as you, and because I have a lot of nostalgia for the character and to finally shut the debate up once and for all.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Weird question after a NASB chat I had with some friends on Discord; What Nick Jr. reps would you want other than the obvious Blue and Dora?

I'm not a diehard fan of Nick Jr, but if I had to pick one, it'd be Wubbzy - He's owned by Starz, so he probably won't happen, but dammit let me dream
The Team Umizoomi trio for sure.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
You have no reason to believe this whatsoever, but somehow an exclusive source from Games Animation (specifically Audrey Harris, animation clean up supervisor) has told me they're adding the Casagrandes parrot and Winslow T. Oddfellow to the game.

After all, if I was making it up, wouldn't it be something more exciting??? Liiiikkkkeeee a certain brown-haired beaver-toothed pink-wearing school-going magic-using 2000s-debuting Nelvana-co-owned from-a-show-created-by-a-Christian-fundamentalist alliteratively-named boy, wink wink???

Also, an unknown character is cut.

/s

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
My father's brother's best friend's dentist's uncle's cousin's chinchilla's veterinarian's bartender's daughter's teacher's housekeeper's nephew's coworker's brother-in-law who works at Ludosity told me there will be at least one character who debuted after 1990 and before 2009

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Is it confirmed we're getting a character reveal or is it just a gameplay demo? Ether is still cool obviously
Only gameplay is confirmed, but it would be a huge missed opportunity to not have character reveal. At the very least I could see them showcasing more Donnie and Raphael because they were very silently announced and it would fit with the release of the new tmnt movie, and tmnt is so huge that even a non Nickelodeon fans that is watching evo might be curious to watch the showcase.

My first pick would be Pablo from Backyardigans, it's a genuinely good show and I think he has a lot of moveset potential. I also have very found memories of Wonder Pets and while I don't think it has a very big moveset potential, I'd be curious to see the team's take on a realistic looking Guinea pig. If anything I think it could work well as an assist trophies type of character.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Well, at least we have a proper time going in (as opposed to the reveal of Hugh's moveset).

Though, is there a specific time zone that that's referring to?
I would assume that it’s the local time at EVO, which is in Las Vegas and is thus the Pacific time zone, but proper confirmation of that would be nice.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
People scrounged around in the site's files and found a pre-order costume from Patrick; The Elastic Waistband.

(this bodes well for my precious quickster skin)
Waistband and Quickster were already officially confirmed (with the latter being a bonus for the DLC pack a la Rex's Mii Costume), albeit in a low key way.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, somewhat related question: Would you guys say that Best Buy is a better store to pre-order games from? And if so, would I need a membership in order to do so?

I ask because I had pre-ordered the first game from Gamestop, and while it did eventually come in, it wasn't until two weeks after the launch date, and I'd rather not risk going through that again with All-Star Brawl 2 if possible.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I ask because I had pre-ordered the first game from Gamestop, and while it did eventually come in, it wasn't until two weeks after the launch date, and I'd rather not risk going through that again with All-Star Brawl 2 if possible.
IIRC, that was a GameMill problem and not a Best Buy problem. Had my order delayed in the UK too so I switched to digital.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Having to wait a week to play Xenoblade 3 probably put me off from physical preorders for life. They're very much an "at your own risk" thing and can be either perfectly fine or agonizing depending on the publisher. I'd just cut out the middleman and do digital, honestly, especially with a publisher as ehh as GameMill.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Nick_Jr._1988.svg.png

These two as a duo fighter.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
PapaGenos has just confirmed on Discord that he has seen a model of Dog Suit GIR in the game. It's not known yet if GIR is still a part of Zim's moveset or his own fighter entirely, but it was confirmed if GIR is indeed his own fighter now that he is not one of the seven currently revealed newcomers, which removes Invader Zim from the list of possible series that can receive the unexpected and WTF picks, unless they're willing to give the series a whopping four reps.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
PapaGenos has just confirmed on Discord that he has seen a model of Dog Suit GIR in the game. It's not known yet if GIR is still a part of Zim's moveset or his own fighter entirely, but it was confirmed if GIR is indeed his own fighter now that he is not one of the seven currently revealed newcomers, which removes Invader Zim from the list of possible series that can receive the unexpected and WTF picks, unless they're willing to give the series a whopping four reps.
I don’t buy that he’s playable on his own, I think it’s just a new alt

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
LimeTH LimeTH

Yeah, it could just be GIR's new model for the Human Zim alt.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
LimeTH LimeTH

Yeah, it could just be GIR's new model for the Human Zim alt.

My ideal compromise would be Robot GIR stays in ZIM's moveset while Dog GIR is playable, but I know it's either one or the other.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Just saying, I guessed/hoped for Gir and Professor Membrane as the Unexpected/WTF characters, Maybe I had a source all along!!?!?1!?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
You know, they DID say everyone is getting complete moveset revamps, with a few of the "iconic moves" staying.

I feel like GIR would count as an iconic move for ZIM that they wouldn't want to get rid of, so I dunno how possible the idea of them deciding to give ZIM something else so that GIR can be playable is, but it's certainly a non-zero chance.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Gir is almost certainly an alt. Probably paired with human Zim. He's a big enough part of Zim's moveset that it's not crazy for him to get his own alts

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You know, they DID say everyone is getting complete moveset revamps, with a few of the "iconic moves" staying.

I feel like GIR would count as an iconic move for ZIM that they wouldn't want to get rid of, so I dunno how possible the idea of them deciding to give ZIM something else so that GIR can be playable is, but it's certainly a non-zero chance.
I've heard some speculation they could replace GIR in Zim's moveset with Minimoose, but then what will Zim's strong down air be?

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
They really needed to give us a coded message to tell us that?

So what's this mean for PapaGenos, then? or Quick Gaming (QG) Quick Gaming (QG) 's leak?
Tigre (just the image leak) and Koral Spunch we already knew were fake

Casey is also fake…..ish. That one’s kinda complicated but don’t wanna get my sources in trouble so 🤷

Geno’s and Quad are still pretty airtight

Last edited:
Top Bottom