• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I wouldn't worry that much about cuts (at this point) considering how many versions of the Key Art for the first game there were. even the Version that had all the DLC having none of the DLC On it

Also some of the cuts make very little sense which leads me to believe that there are not cuts. but that is me being hopeful

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean...

There's nothing saying that the veterans that aren't here are all cut. Plus this matches with what PapaGenos has been saying exactly, and he said Hugh is also in, so...yeah, there are definitely more veterans. It's newcomers that aren't here that are in trouble.

That being said I dig these newcomers. Gerald and Grandma Gertie especially. Like yeah I'd have loved to see Arnold, but I like pretty much all of Hey Arnold's ensemble cast so these two are great. Anyway Mr. Hyunh for DLC.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm ****ing TERRIFIED if they actually cut two turtles for Donnie and Raph and one Hey Arnold character who isn't Arnold for two more Hey Arnold characters who aren't Arnold. The nuclear fallout will be unsalvageable.
Also oh my god, they BETTER not have cut Powdered Toast Man. That guy was lowkey the best pick in NASB1. For now, I'm hoping they put all the new characters in one promo image and the remaining veterans are just unlockable or something. Other than that, Grandma Gertie is hilarious and Plankton's giant mech is cool. Hope Krabs is next.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So. Thoughts on this roster.

Azula over Zuko is ****ing wild... but I kinda dig it? Really makes the new Avatar stage all the stranger.

Hell yeah at the Beavers coming in, kinda unfortunate for those who wanted them separate tho lmao.

Ember is actually kind of a sick choice as well.

Happy to see Plankton, kinda figured he'd be in a mech and I can't wait to see what he plays like.

El Tigre is... not surprising at this point but I'm still stoked to see him lol.

Gerald and Grandma... yeah those are certainly some CHOICES.

Overall, I'm... confused, but also kinda pleased? I guess at this point it's just a matter of who gets cut, if any happens at all. With the seeming big villain focus, I'm almost 99% sure Shredder is in lol.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
  • El Tigre = Nice to finally see him in the game! Although, his claws look very wonky on the boxart lol
  • Gerald/Gertie = As long as they didn't cut Helga, I can vibe with this. I always liked Gerald as a character more and Gertie is just funny.
  • Ember = Would've preferred Skulker, but nice to see more Danny Phantom reps.
  • Azula = Awwww. I wanted Iroh. Ah well, Azula is still really cool! Also, her over Zuko is weird considering the Avatar stage they chose
  • Daggett/Norbert = THE WORST POSSIBLE TIMELINE!!!!!! BUT I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE THEM IN!!! BUT THEY SHARE A SLOT ON THE ROSTER!!!! BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY AS THEM!!!!! BUT LOOK AT HOW THEY MASSACRED MY BOYS!!!!!
  • Plankton = I wonder how big his mech is gonna be in the game. I'm getting Iron Giant Multiversus flashbacks.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm now thinking that the castle stage is actually Vlad's castle, and that it would be Ember's home stage.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, assuming the image is actually real and not another really good fake, here are my thoughts:

Plankton: You know what, I'm cool with this; Plankton driving a robot makes sense, it's a villain, and I actually rather like him, so I'm down.

Azula: Definitely didn't see this one coming, but once again, I'm actually cool with this; Azula's an awesome villain and she'd make for a pretty good fighter.

Ember: Second verse, same as the first; I didn't see her coming, but she's one of my favorite villains from Danny Phantom, so I'm game. Still curious what Vlad's ultimate role will be.

Gerald: That's an...alright pick. I'll need to see what his moveset is like, but for now, that's probably the one "eh" pick for me.

Arnold's Grandma: That...is certainly a...choice. Once again, I'd need to see her moveset, but if they going the similar whacky route to Hugh, then I'm probably gonna end up loving her.

Daggett & Norbbert: And with this, all the 90s Nicktoons are represented in the game (assuming Oblina returns), though if that image is any indication, they might be another duo fighter like Ren & Stimpy. Personally, I'm just gonna wait and see how this plays out.

El Tigre: Nice! Definitely makes sense, and represents an underrated show in my opinion. Definitely happy to see him here!

TLDR: Honestly, I think this is a rather solid cast of newcomers (again, if this image is legit), with only one that I'd call "meh" right now.

As for veterans, I wouldn't worry too much. Aside from the apparent mention of Hugh returning, I'm pretty damn sure I saw Powdered Toast Trouble in the trailer, so it'd be weird to have that stage return but not Powdered Toast Man.

Again, though, this image could also end up being a really damn good fake, so I'd keep that in mind, too.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
There is something so funny about both Gerald and Grandma Gertie getting in and Arnold himself being absent.

Also I guess this means Nick All-Star Brawl 2 has more black characters than Smash Bros now
It seems like they're really committed to the whole "Arnold is a pacifist thing", which is really funny considering how Sakurai looks at something like that and says "oh hell no, Isabelle get in there and beat up Ganondorf."

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So I guess I’ll go ahead and state this:
  • I’m positive the info I was getting was in fact from insiders who were being told stuff. That being said…
  • Pretty much everything they were told was wrong. Like, all of it. Out of the 20+ characters I heard, only two of them were actually real, and even then I barely heard Plankton and Ember I presumed was cut in favor of Vlad
  • I was under the impression the remaining newcomers were Donnie Thornberry, Debbie Thornberry, Luna Loud, Otis, Mr. Krabs and Zuko
  • As far as Casey goes, I was told (though I’m sure it wasn’t accurate) that him and Raph were the TMNT rep newcomers and that Donatello was gonna be DLC. Obviously this didn’t end up happening but with how insistent that other guy was that Casey is in, idk maybe he got pushed to DLC instead
  • I truly still don’t know if there’s any cuts. I was also told Hugh wasn’t cut but like, I don’t see him here, so not sure what to make of that

In other words I highly commend Ludosity/GameMill for seemingly doing a VERY good job keeping the roster under wraps, too bad Amazon screwed it up

Faso115

Smash Lord
You know, a certain character position might trigger a few people here

What IF they are a duo character?

darkvortex

Smash Champion
New papa genos video:

Heavily implies beavers are a duo. Also plankton's Mecha is the biggest character in the hame

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Papgenos has apparently seen an image of the newcomers t-posing and seems confident that these are all the newcomers. still isn't sure where dog gir fits in though

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It'd probably be better to sell the former two as DLC for there to be an incentive to get DLC. Zuko in particular would incentivize a lot of people.
Although Zuko is redundant now that Azula is in the game, as she can do pretty much anything he can do.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Although Zuko is redundant now that Azula is in the game, as she can do pretty much anything he can do.
Then why do we have 2 avatars?

Speaking of which, i hope Aang is less airbender and more of a general elemental user.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Thinking it over, I'm actually not too worried about this being the full launch roster. For new characters, we've probably seen all there is to see, but in terms of cuts, it may not be as bad as it seems. Recall that NASB1 launched with 20 characters, 22 if you count the two who were planned for launch and got pushed back, which got upped to 25 with the Universe Packs. Assuming the veterans not pictured in the leak are absent, NASB2 would launch with 26 characters, only gaining one more character than it lost from NASB1. Considering the quality and importance of some of the characters seemingly lost in translation, many would consider this a downgrade. I mean, imagine them trying to sell the game with "now with a whopping ONE more character than you had last year, 50 bucks please!"
At the very least, I'm expecting Lincoln will be back since I doubt Nick would even let them cut him if they wanted to, as well as Mikey and Leo since cutting those two while adding the other two Turtles in their place would be a complete and utter **** move. PTM's stage was in the trailer, so I reckon he's back as well. Oblina's the sole rep of her series, same with CatDog, and I doubt they'd remove a whole series for Arnold's grandma. PapaGenos has been on point with his info so far and he directly said Hugh is back, so I'm willing to bet that's the case. Shredder could be back considering this game's apparent focus on villains, but he could also be cut to avoid a Turtle Emblem situation, so I'm about 50/50 on him. Sandy, Helga, and Toph I have no evidence for and could be in trouble as a result.
But yeah, I sincerely doubt we're looking at 11 cuts this time. That's almost half the original game's roster and I hope and believe the devs aren't that foolish.
damn they went all in on the bad ******* this time
Not including Grandma Gertie, right?
RIGHT?!?!
God damn it

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh the roster leaked apparently?

Azula is definitely a neat pick (now I really need to finish Avatar)

The rest I have no comment on, mostly because I'm still watching Nick shows

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Tell me you haven't watched Avatar by telling me you haven't watched Avatar. Zuko is a swordsman as well as a master firebender, and uses a completely different style of firebending than any other character on the show.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Would've genuinely been a way better choice and a good precedent since it would mean Korra doesn't get to always hog the Water Tribe slot.
Hopefully there aren't such things since Korra wouldn't render her or Sokka redundant gameplay-wise.

Top Bottom