• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
At the very minimum, even if Sandy and Mikey don't super fit those stages, those stages are at least... you know... FROM THEIR SHOWS?

They even paid special attention not to call Slime Time Shredder's home stage in his showcase, just that, "a new stage is being added alongside Shredder."
Yeah. They never actually referred to Slime Time as Shredder's home stage, and people are only assuming that it is because it was packaged with him. I believe that the intention was to give the Rooftops to April, the Sewers as a shared stage for all the turtles, and the Technodrome for Shredder, but Shredder got pushed off to post-launch updates and ruined those plans.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Lime I don't wanna get your hopes up but the more I look at this the more I'm thinking Beavers may actually be separate?

View attachment 375465
We know Ren & Stimpy are a duo, and in their segment they're with Ember. Technically it's 3 characters, but for roster sake it's 2

View attachment 375466
But for Beavers section, Lucy is with Gertie and Korra is with Jimmy, so Beavers are with....themselves? I know these boxarts are infamous for inconsistencies, but I think that implies they're separate characters?

PLUS if they really are separate and we get Vlad playable, that rounds out the roster to a nice 38 instead of the awkward 37 we have now

Just food for thought, not trying to get hopes up, just calling it like I see it
See, I thought about this. Remember how ZIM and GIR were separated in the first game's splash screen? I had a thought where this could be the opposite. Plus like you said, besides the three at the bottom and Plankton being so big he needs his own segment, everyone else is with another character except these two, who they might have put together since they're from the same show like they did with Spongebob and Squidward. Though Gerald/Gertie, Danny/Ember, Aang/Azula, and the TMNT characters might toss a wrench in that logic, but them having a segment to themselves is pretty suspect.

Don't worry about getting my hopes up. I feel like I should be realistic, but I also don't wanna be a doomer like our buddy John Wilkes Booth over here, so I'll keep myself in check.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
They even paid special attention not to call Slime Time Shredder's home stage in his showcase, just that, "a new stage is being added alongside Shredder."
Even then, you can tell they stopped caring about home stages by that point and only did it for the new universes out of obligation. Like the TMNT characters in 1, I doubt every character's gonna have a single "home stage" this time.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
See, I thought about this. Remember how ZIM and GIR were separated in the first game's splash screen? I had a thought where this could be the opposite. Plus like you said, besides the three at the bottom and Plankton being so big he needs his own segment, everyone else is with another character except these two, who they might have put together since they're from the same show like they did with Spongebob and Squidward. Though Gerald/Gertie, Danny/Ember, Aang/Azula, and the TMNT characters might toss a wrench in that logic, but them having a segment to themselves is pretty suspect.

Don't worry about getting my hopes up. I feel like I should be realistic, but I also don't wanna be a doomer like our buddy John Wilkes Booth over here, so I'll keep myself in check.
And even then look who's now noticeably absent from this mock-up: Gir
Perhaps to prevent confusion?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
And even then look who's now noticeably absent from this mock-up: Gir
Perhaps to prevent confusion?
Remember how they faked us out on GIR twice last game? I hope this doesn't happen here with the Beavers, because man, I wanted to play as GIR too!

I don't want to say I'm cautiously optimistic, more like... hopefully pessimistic. Bracing for the worst, hoping for the best.

Helga has a very apparent reason to not be cut. Cutting her for Gerald and the grandma would be lead to nasty backlash. She was also shown in the NASB 1 section of the trailer I think.

Just... I hope they have the self awareness to keep the prior characters. There's no helping these devs if they're dumb enough to downgrade the roster.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Remember how they faked us out on GIR twice last game? I hope this doesn't happen here with the Beavers, because man, I wanted to play as GIR too!

I don't want to say I'm cautiously optimistic, more like... hopefully pessimistic. Bracing for the worst, hoping for the best.
IMG_9551.jpeg

Are Ren and Stimpy one model or two? Anyways the fact that the model lineup had them separate apparently really fuels my theory that they’re actually separate slots

dlewis53

Smash Lord
View attachment 375468
Are Ren and Stimpy one model or two? Anyways the fact that the model lineup had them separate apparently really fuels my theory that they’re actually separate slots
Weren't Ren & Stimpy depicted as two separate models in the Garfield leak for the first game? And they still ended up being a duo fighter despite this. So I don't think the models being separate really means anything.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Weren't Ren & Stimpy depicted as two separate models in the Garfield leak for the first game? And they still ended up being a duo fighter despite this. So I don't think the models being separate really means anything.
Wasn't that faked? Or am I thinking of something else?

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
That’s true but here the models were apparently separated, which is odd to me, cause R&S and Zim and Gir were side by side if I recall

dlewis53

Smash Lord
That’s true but here the models were apparently separated, which is odd to me, cause R&S and Zim and Gir were side by side if I recall
I still don't see why that means anything other than they have their own models, which doesn't mean much.

Oshawott777

Smash Cadet
So I know people said that the leak came from an Amazon listing, but is there an actual link to this or something?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well what a thing to come across upon waking up and coming back from a dog walk.

there go my dreams of odie, sokka and eliza. does feel like they've added in villains for the sake on adding villains. it is kinda neat to have the beavers. also having an old woman in this able to beat up some of these guys is hilarious. i hate azula though

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Plankton's mech is from Sponge out of Water, right?

Also, this is gonna be controversial, but I actually would be satisfied with this roster even if everyone not seen was cut - even though I do hope and expect there's as little cuts as possible. Glad they're still going down the crazy picks route instead of the modern Smash route of trying to drum up "hype picks" non-stop.

I think not having many veterans on the title screen outside of the box makes sense though - the box draws new fans in with the essentials and characters that got players excited for the previous game, the wider title screen gets old fans excited with the new.

Last edited:

DemifiendEnjoyer

Smash Apprentice
Well everyone, I apologize, I was very certain that Casey was in, but it seems I has bad information.
I had no intention to lie or spread misinformation, so I apologize for doing so accidentally.
Although perhaps he is a DLC character, because I had very good reason to believe he was in.

FazDude

Smash Master
I'm gonna be honest. I'm doubtful the art is an indiciation of any cuts - These things seldom are. It's more likely that some newcomers were prioritized for promo material over some veterans (which is probably most likely with the Turtles), but I guess we'll have to see.

Pretty solid newcomer lineup, though. Given the size of his mech, I think Plankton might be a boss, but I really hope he isn't since he was one of my most wanteds.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be honest. I'm doubtful the art is an indiciation of any cuts - These things seldom are. It's more likely that some newcomers were prioritized for promo material over some veterans (which is probably most likely with the Turtles), but I guess we'll have to see.

Pretty solid newcomer lineup, though. Given the size of his mech, I think Plankton might be a boss, but I really hope he isn't since he was one of my most wanteds.
I’m remembering back to Rep’s reaction and seeming enthusiasm to Iron Giant in MVS and suddenly how Plankton seems to have been handled here makes so much sense. Heck we already noted that Reptar is way bigger this time too

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm super happy with some of the picks, but overall I just feel... kinda down and a bit disillusioned. Though if nobody gets cut it will help. But there was a lot I was looking forward to that didn't pan out.

Well, at least there's DLC!
There might be more newcomers. There's been some talk that GIR is now his own fighter.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hahahaha.

Oh wait, you were serious? Let me laugh even harder.
I was actually stating based on what I've seen and read. TLH doesn't seem to be the right series for a newcomer after just having two in the original game

Now my thoughts on the newcomers that may have been potentially revealed...

El Tigre - meh, he's been leaked for awhile now. Doesn't surprise me at all.

Gerald - Someone I actually thought about who would make sense on the Hey Arnold roster. His inclusion is interesting

Gertie - Okay, I wasn't seeing this one coming. But based on how she was in the show, it fits perfectly.

Plankton - so we're getting our next Bowser Jr. in the tank/mech gimmick. I dig it. Wasn't expecting Plankton immediately but a welcome addition.

Angry Beavers - ****. YES. ICONIC 90'S REP THAT DESERVES A SLOT!!!

Ember - A surprise addition I wasn't expecting. Nice idea too and I'm curious to see how her moves will be within this.

Overwise, very good character selections. Some of these I was expecting for NASB3/4 down the line, but this would work well. If there's cuts, it's gonna be a major bummer.

What bothers me the most is Rugrats still has less reps than Danny Phantom, The Loud House, and Jimmy Neutron. RUGRATS WAS ICONIC FOR A REASON, DAMMIT!!!

There might be more newcomers. There's been some talk that GIR is now his own fighter.
Source? Outside of potential DLC that is

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I was actually stating based on what I've seen and read. TLH doesn't seem to be the right series for a newcomer after just having two in the original game

Now my thoughts on the newcomers that may have been potentially revealed...

El Tigre - meh, he's been leaked for awhile now. Doesn't surprise me at all.

Gerald - Someone I actually thought about who would make sense on the Hey Arnold roster. His inclusion is interesting

Gertie - Okay, I wasn't seeing this one coming. But based on how she was in the show, it fits perfectly.

Plankton - so we're getting our next Bowser Jr. in the tank/mech gimmick. I dig it. Wasn't expecting Plankton immediately but a welcome addition.

Angry Beavers - ****. YES. ICONIC 90'S REP THAT DESERVES A SLOT!!!

Ember - A surprise addition I wasn't expecting. Nice idea too and I'm curious to see how her moves will be within this.

Overwise, very good character selections. Some of these I was expecting for NASB3/4 down the line, but this would work well. If there's cuts, it's gonna be a major bummer.

What bothers me the most is Rugrats still has less reps than Danny Phantom, The Loud House, and Jimmy Neutron. RUGRATS WAS ICONIC FOR A REASON, DAMMIT!!!

Source? Outside of potential DLC that is
This was back when PG leaked that Dog Suit GIR was in the game. There was some talk about whether GIR was now on his own or not, with PG confirming that if he was, then he wouldn't be part of the seven that he listed.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
View attachment 375476

Shame how they cut all the roster and only made 5 characters.

Oh wait, that's not the entire roster.

Bad example?

How about this one then?

The point is maybe the entire roster isn't on the cover. There could be cuts for sure tho.
To be fair, these were intentionally released by the devs at the time they were supposed to rather than being leaked. We already had gameplay footage of Slime Speedway IIRC, and we knew about Everyone Is Here in Ult's case. Having concerns about cuts is more reasonable here IMO (even if I still think they're unlikely).

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
View attachment 375476

Shame how they cut all the roster and only made 5 characters.

Oh wait, that's not the entire roster.

Bad example?

How about this one then?

The point is maybe the entire roster isn't on the cover. There could be cuts for sure tho.
The artwork that just leaked isn't the cover tho. This was the same case with the first game.

First game cover art featuring 12 characters:
81SiCmXQeZL.jpg

First game key art featuring the whole roster:
Nickelodeon_All-Star_Brawl_Nintendo_Switch_Cover.jpeg

Same thing is happening here. They obviously can't fit every characters on the cover art, you're right about that. But we already knew that:
This is the sequel cover art
6553315_sd.jpg

The artwork that leaked is most likely the full key art.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

The artwork that just leaked isn't the cover tho. This was the same case with the first game.

First game cover art featuring 12 characters:
View attachment 375477

First game key art featuring the whole roster:
View attachment 375478

Same thing is happening here. They obviously can't fit every characters on the cover art, you're right about that. But we already knew that:
This is the sequel cover art
View attachment 375479

The artwork that leaked is most likely the full key art.
Judging by how the new art is spread out, I don't think they'd be able to fit many more characters on it if they do have more. It's already extremely cramped, with the only spaces for new characters being either far off on the edge where they could get obscured depending on TV aspect ratios (something games absolutely take into consideration), or all awkwardly huddled up behind Vlad.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Judging by how the new art is spread out, I don't think they'd be able to fit many more characters on it if they do have more. It's already extremely cramped, with the only spaces for new characters being either far off on the edge where they could get obscured depending on TV aspect ratios (something games absolutely take into consideration), or all awkwardly huddled up behind Vlad.
That's fair, I just think that comparing the artwork to other unrelated franchise artwork makes no sense and we know that the past game artwork has all base characters so you might as well compare it with this one.

Top Bottom