• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I guess we still got spectulating if any cuts are going on, or what the deal with Dog Suit GIR is.

Alright, here are my thoughts.

Knew El Tigre was happening no matter what, glad to finally see for sure he's there.

Azula over Zuko is nuts, but she's cool, so it's fine. Zuko could still come later, since they're such different fighting styles even with both being Firebenders

Ember was a character I actually thought would be cool so sure why not. I highly highly doubt that one weird dude had anything to do with her chances. There still being such a huge empty space above Vlad is super weird, considering I was right about the space above Spongebob.

Plankton in a huge mech isn't that surprising I guess. Stil probably would have preferred him on top of Karen.

I swear I predicted Grandma Pookie as the WTF pick for Hey Arnold a few pages back, and was gonna mention in the RTC that I'd prefer Gerald over Clyde if we were gonna get a "Black Best Friend" character. What are the odds?

If any non-Hugh veteran not shown is really and truly cut, then that's lame as ****.
There's no ****ing way they cut Helga for two more Hey Arnold characters who aren't Arnold, especially his goddamn Grandma.
If they really cut two Ninja Turtles to make room for the other two, they're in deep deep doodoo. No one is gonna be happy about that.
I'm still not buying Lincoln being gone. There's two TLH stages for crying out loud.

SIGH. Okay okay, lets get this part over with now.

I'm trying to keep my copium intake in check when it comes to the Angry Beavers.
We don't know for sure until they tell us. They'd probably share a triangle on this thing either way, and Ren & Stimpy share one with Ember despite being a duo themselves. But yeah, lets be really ****ing real here, they're most likely a duo.

Trying to stay positive, it's the first playable Angry Beavers representation in a Nicktoons crossover since frickin' 2003. But man, not like this. Not like this man. You spend so much time campaigning for characters you care about to get represented properly, only for the people who didn't give a rat's ass about them ending up being right. Stings a bit.
Totally prepared for the whole moveset to just be this, since apparently CatDog is gone, freeing space open for a "they beat each other up to fight/use each other as bludgeons" moveset.

That and generic beaver **** like "throws log" or "bite". Nothing actually faithful to the characters, gotta make it fit the fact they're stapled together!

Yeah, I'm pretty eh about this overall. Especially if 11 freaking characters are getting cut.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't mind at all the newcomer selection.

Though, Ember is a bold choice since, yeah...
I am happy for anyone who wanted Ember. It's such a shame she's become such a...tainted character due to all the stuff involving her.

I am absolutely positive whatever happened with that wacko had zero effect on whether or not the character got in.

Might as well be surprised Sonic and Pikachu are in Smash by that logic.

Shroob

Sup?
I am absolutely positive whatever happened with that wacko had zero effect on whether or not the character got in.

Might as well be surprised Sonic and Pikachu are in Smash by that logic.
I mean, obviously that had nothing to do with them. It's just kinda baggage most people are aware of.

I'm glad giving the character a role like this is a good step in divorcing them from that.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Sonic and Pikachu both. It's a Chris Chan joke.

Why are you singling out Sonic? What did Pikachu do?
Oh, I thought you were talking about the whole Electric Soldier Porygon thing

In other news, I am 100% convinced they only put those two characters in the roster solely so he can say this to her:

Those two being Plankton and Gertie.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Everyone blames Porygon.

Pikachu's the one who cast the Thunderbolt causing the seizures.
When is Nurse Joy getting banned?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Saying Azula would make Zuko redundant just shows a thorough misunderstanding of both characters.

It's like when people said Katara would be redundant with Korra on the roster.
Both characters are firebenders who are also master sword users. Azula can even lightningbend, something that Zuko can't do. At this point if they do add Zuko he'll probably end up just being a full on clone of Azula. And I don't know if Zuko fans want him in as a clone.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well, now comes the real question:

Are we getting cuts? I honestly think there's a decent chance at not losing anyone. Each unconfirmed pick has a reason to be here now.

Leonardo & Michelangelo - Losing the other 2 turtles while gaining Raph and Donnie would be a huge **** move since the devs know people love the whole group.
Shredder - He's a villain in a game that wants to up the number of villains.
Lincoln - He's the main character of the second most popular Nicktoon of all time, and we have at least 2 confirmed stages from his show. Corporate also probably mandates he stay.
Oblina - Was one of the mainstays of the first game's identity, along with Hugh and Powdered Toast Man, for being those trademark weird picks. Also is the sole rep of her show.
CatDog - The sole rep of their show, and one of the most beloved Nicktoons of all time.
Hugh - See Oblina above.
Powdered Toast Man - See Oblina above. His stage is also returning, at the very least.
Toph - If SpongeBob and TMNT have 4 to 6 reps each, Avatar is the other of the "Big Three" of the first game. We're also so close to repping all four nations.
Sandy - She's the third or fourth main character of SpongeBob, the most iconic Nicktoon if not cartoon of all time.
Helga - Helga's the only one I struggle to find a reason why they couldn't cut her, other than the fact that she's the OTHER main character of Hey Arnold.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, now comes the real question:

Are we getting cuts? I honestly think there's a decent chance at not losing anyone. Each unconfirmed pick has a reason to be here now.

Leonardo & Michelangelo - Losing the other 2 turtles while gaining Raph and Donnie would be a huge **** move since the devs know people love the whole group.
Shredder - He's a villain in a game that wants to up the number of villains.
Lincoln - He's the main character of the second most popular Nicktoon of all time, and we have at least 2 confirmed stages from his show. Corporate also probably mandates he stay.
Oblina - Was one of the mainstays of the first game's identity, along with Hugh and Powdered Toast Man, for being those trademark weird picks. Also is the sole rep of her show.
CatDog - The sole rep of their show, and one of the most beloved Nicktoons of all time.
Hugh - See Oblina above.
Powdered Toast Man - See Oblina above. His stage is also returning, at the very least.
Toph - If SpongeBob and TMNT have 4 to 6 reps each, Avatar is the other of the "Big Three" of the first game. We're also so close to repping all four nations.
Sandy - She's the third or fourth main character of SpongeBob, the most iconic Nicktoon if not cartoon of all time.
Helga - Helga's the only one I struggle to find a reason why they couldn't cut her, other than the fact that she's the OTHER main character of Hey Arnold.
I don't think that the castle actually is from TLH now. That's actually Vlad's Castle. It's Ember's home stage.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Both characters are firebenders who are also master sword users. Azula can even lightningbend, something that Zuko can't do. At this point if they do add Zuko he'll probably end up just being a full on clone of Azula. And I don't know if Zuko fans want him in as a clone.
I don't think that the castle actually is from TLH now. That's actually Vlad's Castle. It's Ember's home stage.

1. Azula has never used a sword, you dunce.
2. Vlad's castle does not have a clock tower and is covered in Green and Yellow Packers colors.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Why in god's name would Ember, a character from Danny Phantom's home stage be from The Loud House?
Maybe there isn't a new DP stage at all and they just slapped this one with Ember because there's two TLH stages but only one TLH character.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
If there is somme hidden veterans, maybe there's hidden newcomers too? In that way it's still possible that
Lincoln is cut but Loud house is getting another newcomer. Tho I doubt it would be Luna because we already have Ember that will fit the rockstar archetype.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Maybe there isn't a new DP stage at all and they just slapped this one with Ember because there's two TLH stages but only one TLH character.
What the actual hell is with you? Do you even actually like this show at all? You've been dooming TLH content in these games since the first one came out, insisting they're going to purge it all from every crossover game ever to the point where you'll stretch to ridiculous lengths to argue for it. Is this some kind of victim complex thing?
It's right in front of your face. They're not going to have one TLH character but two TLH stages.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm now thinking that Stage Theory is dead and the entire concept of home stages is gone.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
What the actual hell is with you? Do you even actually like this show at all? You've been dooming TLH content in these games since the first one came out, insisting they're going to purge it all from every crossover game ever to the point where you'll stretch to ridiculous lengths to argue for it. Is this some kind of victim complex thing?
It's right in front of your face. They're not going to have one TLH character but two TLH stages.
It's because he wants to stop being associated with it, either because he finds it cringe now or out of some misguided attempt at being popular since most of us are older and don't have the same feelings about it as he does/once did. I'd bet on the latter.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Azula literally doesn't use a sword. Stop making **** up.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I think it's more likely that they just ditched the concept of home stages entirely. It didn't matter literally at all in the first game, and they were fine giving characters stages that didn't really fit then anyway, like Sandy getting Glove World and one of the Turtles getting Technodrome (was it Mikey or Leo? I genuinely don't remember).

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I think it's more likely that they just ditched the concept of home stages entirely. It didn't matter literally at all in the first game, and they were fine giving characters stages that didn't really fit then anyway, like Sandy getting Glove World and one of the Turtles getting Technodrome (was it Mikey or Leo? I genuinely don't remember).
I remember it being Mikey, since his gameplay video was on it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still think Technodrome was meant to go with Shredder, but as they realized that Shredder wouldn't be ready for launch, Mikey got it instead.

Just a pet theory that ultimately doesn't mean much, but it makes some sense. Michelangelo also fits slightly better for the more fun and casual Slime Time stage.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Lime I don't wanna get your hopes up but the more I look at this the more I'm thinking Beavers may actually be separate?

1690947395838.png

We know Ren & Stimpy are a duo, and in their segment they're with Ember. Technically it's 3 characters, but for roster sake it's 2

1690947471373.png

But for Beavers section, Lucy is with Gertie and Korra is with Jimmy, so Beavers are with....themselves? I know these boxarts are infamous for inconsistencies, but I think that implies they're separate characters?

PLUS if they really are separate and we get Vlad playable, that rounds out the roster to a nice 38 instead of the awkward 37 we have now

Just food for thought, not trying to get hopes up, just calling it like I see it

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I still hope they keep the house itself as a stage, genuinely one of NASB1's best stages.

Either way, I'm shocked that the show didn't get a newcomer.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I still think Technodrome was meant to go with Shredder, but as they realized that Shredder wouldn't be ready for launch, Mikey got it instead.

Just a pet theory that ultimately doesn't mean much, but it makes some sense. Michelangelo also fits slightly better for the more fun and casual Slime Time stage.
At the very minimum, even if Sandy and Mikey don't super fit those stages, those stages are at least... you know... FROM THEIR SHOWS?

They even paid special attention not to call Slime Time Shredder's home stage in his showcase, just that, "a new stage is being added alongside Shredder."

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
At the very minimum, even if Sandy and Mikey don't super fit those stages, those stages are at least... you know... FROM THEIR SHOWS?

They even paid special attention not to call Slime Time Shredder's home stage in his showcase, just that, "a new stage is being added alongside Shredder."
Also, the bonus screenshot you unlock for clearing Arcade Mode as Shredder? It's on Rooftop Rumble, not Slime Time.

Top Bottom