• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
To be honest I am genuinely shocked that they were brave enough to add Ember.
Don't make me tap the sign

I am absolutely positive whatever happened with that wacko had zero effect on whether or not the character got in.

Might as well be surprised Sonic and Pikachu are in Smash by that logic.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll be totally honest...people online seriously over-estimate how much the general audience would care about, or even know about, the Randy Stair mass shooting incident. And that's not to sound dismissive of it or act like the lives that were taken didn't matter (hell, I live like an hour away from the Weis Markets location where it happened), but objectively...it doesn't really factor into it here.

Plus it's weird to see someone clearly mentally unwell and with way too easy access to firearms shoot and kill three people and then himself, and have the main takeaway online be "he wanted to be reincarnated as this cartoon character so Nickelodeon probably would forbid using said character in the future." Like there are at least two or three other, much larger societal issues at play there that should very well be the focus.

Faso115

Smash Lord
They clearly had no issue including Ren and Stimpy.

They were created by notorious dirtbag John K and he has done plenty of bad stuff. Yes i know they are owned by Nick but still.

So i doubt some creepy guy in the internet thst did heinous crime would be a huge deterrent against Ember

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They clearly had no issue including Ren and Stimpy.

They were created by notorious dirtbag John K and he has done plenty of bad stuff. Yes i know they are owned by Nick but still
As well as the TLH cast.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
people online seriously over-estimate how much the general audience would care about, or even know about, the Randy Stair mass shooting incident.
I still see people online acting like NASB2 is still itemless, voiceless and SP content-less. I doubt they'd pay attention to the game including a character a mass shooter obsessed over.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I still see people online acting like NASB2 is still itemless, voiceless and SP content-less. I doubt they'd pay attention to the game including a character a mass shooter obsessed over.
Especially the Mutliversus fandom who are expecting this game to die just as fast as the first one.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I double posted but that just shows how serious I am about wanting to play with others without screwing up my sleep.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm not saying there shouldn't be active quickplay, just that there won't. EVER. for any non-Smash platform fighter. Even latest Smash itself can have some nasty downtime at certain points in the day.
Honestly I think it'd have to do with the lack of marketing more than anything else. NASBcord should stop complaining that Nick Jr/2010s characters that were never gonna make it aren't in and start hosting Operation Make Sure People Know NASB2 Isn't Barebones And Has Most Of The Characters You Want At Least, Because GM Won't.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Honestly I think it'd have to do with the lack of marketing more than anything else. NASBcord should stop complaining that Nick Jr/2010s characters that were never gonna make it aren't in and start hosting Operation Make Sure People Know NASB2 Isn't Barebones And Has Most Of The Characters You Want At Least, Because GM Won't.
Yeah, I'd prefer to avoid the "Subscribe the PewDiePie" kind of grassroots campaign. It's destined to blow up in the entire fandom's faces as a huge mess of embarrassment, making everyone look bad by association.

I also don't see what this has to do with le funnie dora hypotheticals.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The amount of people that still think NASB1 is as content dry and unfinished as it was on launch day really showcases how much it needs better marketing this time around.

Especially since this time the game is releasing on the same day as three other highly anticipated games.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Truth be told, I have more motivation to play fighters if I know I'll have opportunities to play them with people I know, whether casually or at tournaments, not just randoms, but I think those two kinda go together. More chances to play with randoms online=more people positively talking about the game=those more people include those I know.

And even those tourney guys aren't gonna be playing the game despite being more gameplay-oriented if all they hear from is people still acting like the game won't let you toss Tommy's ball as a talking Jimmy Neutron.

Last edited:

Oshawott777

Smash Cadet
There’s still a Multiversus fandom?
Yeah! People are looking forward to it in 2024, there was a survey sent out to players a while back, and there were some updates after it went offline.

You know how some people still think Nick Brawl 2 won't have voice acting or items? I feel like when Multiversus comes back, people will be like "I thought it was cancelled?"

DemifiendEnjoyer

Smash Apprentice
As well as the TLH cast.
Not to linger on this topic because I don’t want too.
But the Loud House Characters and Ren and Stimpy are a totally different situation then Ember, remember that they are main characters in their shows, which are very famous.
Ember was not a main character, she only appeared a few times, and it’s undeniable that the Andrew Blaze situation is kind of inevitably tied to her now.
Someone killed their daughter because “Spongebob told them to” but that doesn’t matter because Spongebob is iconic, Ember is not.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Yeah! People are looking forward to it in 2024, there was a survey sent out to players a while back, and there were some updates after it went offline.

You know how some people still think Nick Brawl 2 won't have voice acting or items? I feel like when Multiversus comes back, people will be like "I thought it was cancelled?"
I never got that post shutdown survey.

I could definitely see people being willfully ignorant about both games just so they don’t lose their low hanging fruit. Such is modern day internet.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I hope the TMNT's alt costumes aren't complimentary, since it does look very likely that we'll only be getting 5 (inc. digital deluxe) alts per character, so it'd be cool if Donnie's alt looks were different from Raph's and such.
I can smell this blatant attempt to derail the subject so you don't have to deal with the fact that we want NASB to be more than just your personal hiding place from a mile away.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Someone killed their daughter because “Spongebob told them to” but that doesn’t matter because Spongebob is iconic, Ember is not.
This is genuinely the worst thing I've ever read here. They don't care if the characters is iconic or not, those were people with mental health issues and the killing could have been tied to any fictional characters, but ultimately the show doesn't cause the killing, so they can still reappear with no controversy. Nobody care that Spongebob is more iconic than Ember in that situation.

This is going to be my only message on that topic because this is sick.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I can smell this blatant attempt to derail the subject so you don't have to deal with the fact that we want NASB to be more than just your personal hiding place from a mile away.
IDGAF about playercounts, I do, however, GAF about tempering comically unrealistic expectations. I don't care much for opinions about playercounts anymore, just BS theorycrafting about "what we can do" and deluded hope.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I do, however, GAF about tempering comically unrealistic expectations. I don't care much for opinions about playercounts anymore, just BS theorycrafting about "what we can do" and deluded hope.
Too bad for you, I need motivation to play NASB2. And I ain't getting that motivation if all my friends hear about is NASB1 being dead and not launching with the stuff they want.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yeah, I'd prefer to avoid the "Subscribe the PewDiePie" kind of grassroots campaign. It's destined to blow up in the entire fandom's faces as a huge mess of embarrassment, making everyone look bad by association.

I also don't see what this has to do with le funnie dora hypotheticals.
Do you want the game to fail? You can't have it both ways dude. GameMill isn't going to pump money into mass advertising, so the only hope for the game to live long enough to have a casual audience is gonna have to be the already existing community. I know you like having your own weird little niche but this is just a bad take.

We should be supporting grassroots efforts to get the game into public consciousness.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Too bad for you, I need motivation to play NASB2. And I ain't getting that motivation if all my friends hear about is NASB1 being dead and not launching with the stuff they want.
Well, if your friends don't believe you when you tell them that, even if you show them trailers and press releases, maybe it simply doesn't have the things they want yet?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Well, if your friends don't believe you when you tell them that, even if you show them trailers and press releases, maybe it simply doesn't have the things they want yet?
The stuff they want is...Jimmy Neutron and voice acting.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You. Are. Missing. The. Point.

The point is to get the info out there because no one but the community is going to do that. If they have the info but choose not to play it that's totally fine but at least the info got put out there.

DemifiendEnjoyer

Smash Apprentice
This is genuinely the worst thing I've ever read here. They don't care if the characters is iconic or not, those were people with mental health issues and the killing could have been tied to any fictional characters, but ultimately the show doesn't cause the killing, so they can still reappear with no controversy. Nobody care that Spongebob is more iconic than Ember in that situation.

This is going to be my only message on that topic because this is sick.
I don’t think you really understand what I am trying to say.
Edit:
I actually don’t think I was really clear at all.
So obviously any murder or whatever that happens is generally bad. I am not here to debate how bad the crime was, that’s a stupid and pointless thing to do.
Im saying that putting myself in the shoes of a game planner, I would be concerned about Ember as a character, because the association is undeniably profound.
A lot of people don’t realize, but Andrew Blaze has a lot of “fans” and a whole weird messed up following.
Adding Ember is going to make people think of the crime, that is completely undeniably true, because they did add her, and it did make people think of the crime.
So if I am the one planning the roster, I would not add her, because I know people are going to think of this horrible thing that happened.
I don’t think it’s the characters fault, I don’t think it’s the shows fault.

Last edited:
Top Bottom