• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Since we know story mode is getting unique voice lines, are there any interactions you're all hoping to see?

Personally, I want to see an interaction between Helga and either Nigel or Hugh - not anything that'd make me cry and interrupt the goofy Spunch Bop fun times or whatever, just a sort of cute found-family dynamic. Rocko getting deja vu around Squiddy and Pat would be funny too.
Nigel examining CatDog with April O Neil filming
Lucy and Oblina teaming up to scare Lincoln Loud
Jimmy and Sandy creating the biggest inventions ever (it will fail miserably)
Squidward getting annoyed by Ren and Stimpy and/or Rocko
Patrick trying to eat Powdered toast man

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Either way, he certainly deserves to stay on the roster, and doesn't deserve to be cut to accommodate another sister in his place. They added a stage based on the movie, where the main plot is Lincoln wanting to step out of his sisters' shadows and be special. Cutting him for more sisters in the very game that stage is added would be one of the most cruel twists I've ever seen.
Ya and if anyone tries to argue why one of his sisters works for the stage it would still apply to Lucy due to the louds' ancestor looking like her.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I have a small theory about that Lucy render - perhaps the bestial act is only for when she's in vampire mode, and then she acts as her usual self for either normal or ghost mode? Making her into a more conventional stance fighter digetically as opposed to the physical transformations common in Smash.

Last edited:

DemifiendEnjoyer

Smash Apprentice
My personal guess is that the unexpected and wtf picks are from Garfield, and the first one is either Odie or Jon, and the second is Lyman.
Lyman fits the bill perfectly.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If you ask me most Garfield characters outside of Jon and odie would be considered wtf picks and or unexpected. Be it lyman, liz or that cat that was raised by squirrels

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think it's possible, one of the more likely cuts really given how memed on he was pre-launch, but I'm not particularly worried - of my mains, we know Nigel (who is tied with Linc) and R&S are back, while Lincoln; CatDog; Hugh; and Helga are up in the air, but there's a lot of characters I on-and-off which could become fixtures in place of Lincoln. I'm sure there'll be some other turtly swordfighter fighter like actual-turtle Leonardo or Zuko I could play as, even if I certainly will miss saying morning to the ladies and hitting the air scooter KOs if he's gone.
While he has corporate Nick on his side, I am concerned for Lincoln due to his lack of popularity in the community. He is the least popular character in the game with having the fewest mains in the Discord server for much of the game's history, not to mention that he himself isn't a very popular character in the Loud House fandom itself. I'm also concerned for CatDog due to his incredibly complicated moveset, especially with the news that nearly all of the assets and code in this game are made from scratch rather than being ported over from NASB1.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
While he has corporate Nick on his side, I am concerned for Lincoln due to his lack of popularity in the community. He is the least popular character in the game with having the fewest mains in the Discord server for much of the game's history, not to mention that he himself isn't a very popular character in the Loud House fandom itself. I'm also concerned for CatDog due to his incredibly complicated moveset, especially with the news that nearly all of the assets and code in this game are made from scratch rather than being ported over from NASB1.
I really don't see them cutting CatDog, it's easily one of the most beloved moveset of the first game.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I really don't see them cutting CatDog, it's easily one of the most beloved moveset of the first game.
CatDog's moveset isn't really any more complicated than any other character. Their animation might be a bit more complex being quadrupeds, but their stance change is very rudimentary compared to Lucy - even accounting for the extra animations.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
CatDog's whole thing is that the addition of forward and back aerials, as well as side inputs, probably just makes it so they're taking a bit more time to get presentable. Keep in mind that they were also not among the first reveals for the base game of 1 despite being featured prominently on the box.

So the reason we haven't seen them is likely the same: it's just taking them a little longer to get them presentable compared to the rest of the cast. CatDog was easily like, one of the three or four NASB1 additions that caught the most attention online upon reveal, alongside Hugh, Jenny, and Nigel. They're not going anywhere.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The more I think about it, I feel like Vlad is just not playable. First, it seems that PapaGenos haven't seen him playable despite being fairly confident that he saw the whole roster. And second, I think that if he was playable, the team would have made it clear that he was. And most bosses in fighting games don't end up being playable.

View attachment 375331
He might as well have just said “Loud House is getting a third rep”
I don't think it really means Loud house getting a third rep. It could just mean a new very recent show getting in as the new franchise, like Parker J. Cloud from Middlemost post for example.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
After thinking some more, while I don’t have a concrete roster prediction yet, I think I have a decent guess on who the unexpected and WTF picks from the same series are

Heffer and Dr. Hutchison from Rocko. We already know Diego is a big Rocko fan and with Rocko even being on the boxart unlike most 90’s characters I think the odds of it getting 2 reps isn’t too unrealistic

Heffer would be unpredictable because he’s not generally highly requested and didn’t make the cut in Kart Racers 3

Dr. Hutchison fits the WTF criteria because she was barely talked about at all prior to the past couple days.

Oh btw PapaGenos did confirm someone has guessed the WTF pick by now

IMG_3667.jpg

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The more I think about it, I feel like Vlad is just not playable. First, it seems that PapaGenos haven't seen him playable despite being fairly confident that he saw the whole roster. And second, I think that if he was playable, the team would have made it clear that he was. And most bosses in fighting games don't end up being playable.
I dunno, I think the devs know how lame it'd be to prominently feature a popular character on the box who you just can't play as. I'm betting it'll be like what KOF's been doing with its bosses where Vlad'll be playable, but there'll be a souped-up version of him as the final boss of story mode.
My personal guess is that the unexpected and wtf picks are from Garfield, and the first one is either Odie or Jon, and the second is Lyman.
Lyman fits the bill perfectly.
Dude, if they added Lyman after decades of him being neglected in official Garfield media (that one episode of The Garfield Show notwithstanding), that'd actually be hilarious. I dunno what his moveset'd be, but sign me up.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
After thinking some more, while I don’t have a concrete roster prediction yet, I think I have a decent guess on who the unexpected and WTF picks from the same series are

Heffer and Dr. Hutchison from Rocko. We already know Diego is a big Rocko fan and with Rocko even being on the boxart unlike most 90’s characters I think the odds of it getting 2 reps isn’t too unrealistic

Heffer would be unpredictable because he’s not generally highly requested and didn’t make the cut in Kart Racers 3

Dr. Hutchison fits the WTF criteria because she was barely talked about at all prior to the past couple days.

Please please please please

Also, I will say that I have a hard time imagining a modern, non-Loud House/reboot Nicktoon being a "corporate pick", unless PapaGenos is unfamiliar with the modern state of Nicktoons (and animation in general in the past few years). I could see the "corporate" choices just being more 90s 'toons, or one of the sidelined protagonists.

anyone got a list of the costumes for this game so far? not having much luck finding any
Known:
  1. Black suit April
  2. Band Geek Squidward
  3. Artist Squidward
  4. #1 Hat SpongeBob
  5. Barnacle Boy Patrick
DLC:
  1. The Quickster SpongeBob
  2. Elastic Waistband Patrick
Potentially implied:
  1. Eight of Spades Lucy
  2. Human Disguise Zim

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Please please please please

Also, I will say that I have a hard time imagining a modern, non-Loud House/reboot Nicktoon being a "corporate pick", unless PapaGenos is unfamiliar with the modern state of Nicktoons (and animation in general in the past few years). I could see the "corporate" choices just being more 90s 'toons, or one of the sidelined protagonists.

Known:
  1. Black suit April
  2. Band Geek Squidward
  3. Artist Squidward
  4. #1 Hat SpongeBob
  5. Barnacle Boy Patrick
DLC:
  1. The Quickster SpongeBob
  2. Elastic Waistband Patrick
Potentially implied:
  1. Eight of Spades Lucy
  2. Human Disguise Zim
cheers

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If there is indeed a singular "corporate pick" and not just an overall vibe to the roster or some non-fighter game element (hopefully not gameplay), maybe it's GIR? Given how much of a merchandising juggernaut he is.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

I said this and completely forgot to mention the other thing that was going in my guess on the WTF picks favor.

In the latest big NASB poll, there was 203 submissions. Characters like Binky the Clown, Grandpa Lou, Stu Pickles, and plenty of other niche and out there picks from all already repped shows.

But not Dr Hutchison. Even Mr. Bighead was on there, but not her. And from the digging I’ve been doing, she’s been brought up about a dozen or so times total in this thread or in the main Discord server, and prior to the past couple days wasn’t namedropped at all in PapaGenos server either

I’m probably still wrong but this is definitely my most confident guess atm

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I said this and completely forgot to mention the other thing that was going in my guess on the WTF picks favor.

In the latest big NASB poll, there was 203 submissions. Characters like Binky the Clown, Grandpa Lou, Stu Pickles, and plenty of other niche and out there picks from all already repped shows.

But not Dr Hutchison. Even Mr. Bighead was on there, but not her. And from the digging I’ve been doing, she’s been brought up about a dozen or so times total in this thread or in the main Discord server, and prior to the past couple days wasn’t namedropped at all in PapaGenos server either

I’m probably still wrong but this is definitely my most confident guess atm
Hold on, I'm sure I voted for Hutch on the poll?

DemifiendEnjoyer

Smash Apprentice
By the way, I’m pretty sure the “cool pick” is Casey Jones.
I, and a some other people know for a fact that he is playable, So I’m assuming the “cool pick” is him.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I know next to nothing about The Loud House but I think cutting Lincoln for those reasons would be very misguided.

This may sound crazy but my sources tell me kids under the age of 13 who aren't allowed on discord and reddit actually like cartoons and video games. And from my limited understanding little boys actually like Lincoln Loud.

The people you see on Reddit and Discord and even here are only a portion of the target audience. I feel like if the creators really want the game to be a big financial success they gotta keep that in mind and strike a balance between hardcore fanbase appeasement and mainstream appeal.

And even then I still have a hard time believing Loud House fans wouldn't be at least a little put off by him being cut.

I'm surprised the devs are tone deaf enough to add another TMNT character alongside the 4 turtles, April, and Shredder. They really want NASB to be a TMNT platfighter lol.

Top Bottom