• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
She looks way too animalistic and wild, her expressions on the show, even when laughing, are much more reserved. She can be weird and dark, but she isn't some kind of monster.
Even if it isn't faithful to the source, it's just very fun and shows a lot of personality, I don't see the issue.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
She gets a hood or something, which is based on the Eight of Spades (one of Lincoln's Ace Savvy OCs he created for his sisters).
Huh, never noticed that. Though, in fairness, even if I did notice the hood, I have no real familiarity with the show, so I wouldn't have guessed that was part of a superhero outfit.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I love the pose and facial expression on that Lucy render.

EDIT: Speaking of Lucy, one thing I forgot with my earlier trailer analysis is that Lucy's up strong doesn't give her her superheroine outfit anymore, so there's a basically-confirmed alt.
I think that was removed to be more in line with the show currently, where Ace Savvy has been completely dropped.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It'd be a shame if they went down that route, as a Linc main I can't imagine playing him without the funny stinky diaper kills, even if the replacement move ended up being functionally the same.
I even think that if he stays then his up special is being changed to instead be secret agent themed, as he's into secret agents now.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, I've been going through the trailer at the slowest speed possible to be able to notice things, and for the stages, just to make sure I'm up to date, for confirmed returning stages we have:

Technodrome Takedown
Harmonic Convergence
The Flying Dutchman's Ship
Royal Woods Cemetary
The Northern Air Temple
Rooftop Rumble
Sewer Slam
Irken Armada
Possibly Powdered Toast Trouble

And while they haven't been officially confirmed, apparently Jellyfish Fields and Sweet Dreams are getting new theme music, so they might be returning as well.

So that's a total of at least 9 (possibly 11) returning stages so far.

And for new stages, we have:

The Bun Wrestling Arena from SpongeBob's "The Fry Cook Games"
Some evening stage that might be from Avatar The Last Airbender
Jimmy's Lab
Possibly San Lorenzo from Hey Arnold
Possibly Castle Loud from The Loud House Movie

So 5 new stages.

Am I up-to-date so far?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, I've been going through the trailer at the slowest speed possible to be able to notice things, and for the stages, just to make sure I'm up to date, for confirmed returning stages we have:

Technodrome Takedown
Harmonic Convergence
The Flying Dutchman's Ship
Royal Woods Cemetary
The Northern Air Temple
Rooftop Rumble
Sewer Slam
Irken Armada
Possibly Powdered Toast Trouble

And while they haven't been officially confirmed, apparently Jellyfish Fields and Sweet Dreams are getting new theme music, so they might be returning as well.

So that's a total of at least 9 (possibly 11) returning stages so far.

And for new stages, we have:

The Bun Wrestling Arena from SpongeBob's "The Fry Cook Games"
Some evening stage that might be from Avatar The Last Airbender
Jimmy's Lab
Possibly San Lorenzo from Hey Arnold
Possibly Castle Loud from The Loud House Movie

So 5 new stages.

Am I up-to-date so far?
For what it's worth it's absolutely from Avatar. Specifically, the Dragon Dance scene.
It's an exact match.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For what it's worth it's absolutely from Avatar. Specifically, the Dragon Dance scene.
It's an exact match.
I mean I didn't want to jump the gun but like...yeah lol.

I absolutely think Zuko is in. This is a stage that's explicitly tied to one of the most popular and requested characters left to be added. If they're adding this stage there's no doubt in my mind that Zuko is in.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I mean I didn't want to jump the gun but like...yeah lol.

I absolutely think Zuko is in. This is a stage that's explicitly tied to one of the most popular and requested characters left to be added. If they're adding this stage there's no doubt in my mind that Zuko is in.
And I think that he is indeed the "anything goes" 7th character in PapaGenos's rumors.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
It'd be a shame if they went down that route, as a Linc main I can't imagine playing him without the funny stinky diaper kills, even if the replacement move ended up being functionally the same.
Wait, you main him?!
Still worried that he might get cut, how would you feel about that?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Wait, you main him?!
Still worried that he might get cut, how would you feel about that?
I think it's possible, one of the more likely cuts really given how memed on he was pre-launch, but I'm not particularly worried - of my mains, we know Nigel (who is tied with Linc) and R&S are back, while Lincoln; CatDog; Hugh; and Helga are up in the air, but there's a lot of characters I on-and-off which could become fixtures in place of Lincoln. I'm sure there'll be some other turtly swordfighter fighter like actual-turtle Leonardo or Zuko I could play as, even if I certainly will miss saying morning to the ladies and hitting the air scooter KOs if he's gone.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
It's an exact match.
Yeah, that looks pretty damn accurate.

Though I'm not gonna say this confirms Zuko yet. Do we know for sure that Stage Theory applies to the sequel yet?

Faso115

Smash Lord
I wonder why Dante Basco isnt able to reprise the role of Zuko. Hopefully he does this time around

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I wonder why Dante Basco isnt able to reprise the role of Zuko. Hopefully he does this time around
i feel like he missed out on Kart Racers 3 due to him playing Zuko in DEATH BATTLE, they'd probably need to ask Rooster Teeth or in this case Warner Brothers to share a contract for Dante to play Zuko again by renewing his contract.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
i feel like he missed out on Kart Racers 3 due to him playing Zuko in DEATH BATTLE, they'd probably need to ask Rooster Teeth or in this case Warner Brothers to share a contract for Dante to play Zuko again by renewing his contract.
Why would they need to ask Warner Bros., who doesn't own Avatar, for Dante Bosco to voice a character he's voice for Nickelodeon before? Dante Bosco doesn't work for WB or RT.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
One thing worth noting. He only confirmed the fifth spongebob rep because he had said there was four before he found out about them and didn't wanna look like alier when we find out about them. I wouldn't rule Krabs or Plankten out just yet

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Aight, I'ma take another crack at speculation.

1. Mr. Krabs (SpongeBob rep)
2. Luna Loud (Mystery)
3. One of Daggett or Norbert (New Series)
4. Suki or Uncle Iroh (Unexpected Pick)
5. Ty Lee or Cabbage Merchant (WTF Pick)
6. Gerald or Grandma Gertie (Cool Pick)

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I'm thinking the unexpected pick might be Azula or Sokka . they're not unexpected in and of themselves but it might be considered surprising if they're chosen over the more popular candidate for thier series

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Why would they need to ask Warner Bros., who doesn't own Avatar, for Dante Bosco to voice a character he's voice for Nickelodeon before? Dante Bosco doesn't work for WB or RT.
Warner Brothers owns Rooster Teeth and he has worked with Rooster Teeth before with Camp Camp and they credited him for Zuko in DEATH BATTLE

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Warner Brothers owns Rooster Teeth and he has worked with Rooster Teeth before with Camp Camp and they credited him for Zuko in DEATH BATTLE
That doesn't mean he can only work with one studio. Tom Kenny has to do work for both Nick and CN shows for example

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Nickelodeon still owns the Avatar IP, Warner Bros doesn't so they don't have a contractual agreement where he can only play Zuko for them, they literally cannot do that as they do not own the character

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
That doesn't mean he can only work with one studio. Tom Kenny has to do work for both Nick and CN shows for example
but he doesn't play Spongebob in any CN shows which might make a difference to what dante bosco did in rooster teeth
Nickelodeon still owns the Avatar IP, Warner Bros doesn't so they don't have a contractual agreement where he can only play Zuko for them, they literally cannot do that as they do not own the character
I guess Death Battle still is a web series...but still they credited him for voicing Zuko while other actors who were official with some characters had their identities kept secret when doing their roles(Ichigo, Sigma, and Silver's actors for example)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but he doesn't play Spongebob in any CN shows which might make a difference to what dante bosco did in rooster teeth
Well then how about Seth Green voicing Leonardo in TMNT2012 and any Robot Chicken sketches involving the Turtles? And bringing in a couple extra 2012 actors when he became a part of it?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Well then how about Seth Green voicing Leonardo in TMNT2012 and any Robot Chicken sketches involving the Turtles? And bringing in a couple extra 2012 actors when he became a part of it?
Because Robot Chicken's a parody skit show? they did get Flint's actor from a Bug's Life so it could just be due to that show having liberties

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I think it's possible, one of the more likely cuts really given how memed on he was pre-launch, but I'm not particularly worried - of my mains, we know Nigel (who is tied with Linc) and R&S are back, while Lincoln; CatDog; Hugh; and Helga are up in the air, but there's a lot of characters I on-and-off which could become fixtures in place of Lincoln. I'm sure there'll be some other turtly swordfighter fighter like actual-turtle Leonardo or Zuko I could play as, even if I certainly will miss saying morning to the ladies and hitting the air scooter KOs if he's gone.
Either way, he certainly deserves to stay on the roster, and doesn't deserve to be cut to accommodate another sister in his place. They added a stage based on the movie, where the main plot is Lincoln wanting to step out of his sisters' shadows and be special. Cutting him for more sisters in the very game that stage is added would be one of the most cruel twists I've ever seen.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Apparently Nigel's and Lucy's renders were found by someone hidden on the website. And man, Lucy is just terrifying now and I'm here for it.

View attachment 375321View attachment 375322
I love how everyone else in the roster gets an amazing model glowup, and then Nigel just looks the exact same. Clearly the devs know they can't improve upon perfection.

Last edited:
Top Bottom