• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Someone made a template for this in the server, feel free to use to your hearts content

View attachment 375233
I did my own version of this, just didn’t use the actual template (the only franchise I removed was CatDog because yeah sure we’re getting two more reps from that, totally /s )

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Someone made a template for this in the server, feel free to use to your hearts content

View attachment 375233
With the franchise I'm more familiar with:
Rugrats: Susie and Spike
Rocko: Heffer and Really really big man
Ahh real monsters: Ickis and The gromble
Hey Arnold: Gerald and Arnold's Grandma
Wild Thornberry: Eliza and Donnie
Jimmy Neutron: Cindy and Bolbi
Loud House: Lori and Lili
Garfield: Odie and Jon

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

View attachment 375233
Danny Phantom: Technus (unexpected), Mr. Lancer (WTF)

The Loud House: Rusty, Flip (unexpected), Angus (WTF)

Ren and Stimpy: George Liquor American (unexpected), the Baboon that f**** Ren's hand (WTF)

Rugrats: Stu, Spike (unexpected), Grandpa Boris (WTF)

Rocko: Ed Bighead (unexpected), that foot thing (WTF)

Hey Arnold: Harold Berman (unexpected), Rabbi Goldberg (WTF)

Wild Thornberrys: Eliza (unexpected), that one African guy that Debbie accidentally trades the Comvee to for a dress, thinking he just wanted a ride in it (WTF)

Zim: Mini Moose (Unexpected), The tuna that GIR emptied his fuel to make room for (WTF)

Jimmy Neutron: Professor Calamitus (unexpected), Bolbi (WTF)

Teenage Robot: Sheldon (unexpected), KRAKUS (WTF)

Garfield: Nermal (unexpected), Binky the Clown (WTF)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

View attachment 375233
I'll humor it lmao.

Format is Unexpected | WTF

Ren and Stimpy: Mr. Horse | Waffle Woman
Rugrats: Stu Pickles | An All Grown Up version of one of the babies
Rocko's Modern Life: Filbert | Really Really Big Man
Aaahhhh! Real Monsters: Ickis/Krumm | The Gromble
Hey Arnold!: Arnold (if the pacifist excuse counts; if not, Gerald) | Harold
CatDog: Rancid |CatDog's Parents
The Wild Thornberrys: Eliza (since more characters here are unexpected in general) | Debbie
Invader Zim: Dib (since most people focus on Professor Membrane) | The Almighty Tallest
Jimmy Neutron: Cindy Vortex | Brobot
My Life As a Teenage Robot: Brad | Smytus or one of the previous XJs
Danny Phantom: Technus | Jack Fenton
Garfield: Jon Arbuckle | Nermal

LimeTH

Smash Lord

View attachment 375233
Gonna do what shows I'm familiar with.

Ren and Stimpy: Mr. Horse | Literally anyone else
Rugrats: Chuckie | Grandpa Lou
Rocko: Ed Bighead | A Wild Pig
Hey Arnold: Harold | Dino Spumoni
CatDog: lol
Invader ZIM: Gaz | RoboParent Dad
Jimmy Neutron: Hu- wait hold on... Goddard | that alien game show host Tim Allen voiced
Teenage Robot: Tucker | Killroy
Danny Phantom: Sam | Lunch Lady
Garfield: Nermal | Lyman

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gonna do what shows I'm familiar with.

Ren and Stimpy: Mr. Horse | Literally anyone else
Rugrats: Chuckie | Grandpa Lou
Rocko: Ed Bighead | A Wild Pig
Hey Arnold: Harold | Dino Spumoni
CatDog: lol
Invader ZIM: Gaz | RoboParent Dad
Jimmy Neutron: Hu- wait hold on... Goddard | that alien game show host Tim Allen voiced
Teenage Robot: Tucker | Killroy
Danny Phantom: Sam | Lunch Lady
Garfield: Nermal | Lyman
Meldar Prime, for what it's worth lol

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alright, I'm doing my speculation taking PapaGenos' words into account.

1. Squidward Tortellini Tentacles
2. Pearl
3. Raphael
4. Donatello
5. Jimmy Neutron
6. El Tigre
7. Iroh
8. Vlad Plasmius
9. Johnny 13
10. Luna Loud
11. Daggett
12. Arnold

Cuts:
-Toph
- Shredder

If no cuts, Iroh or Arnold would be the one I would expect axed, assuming what PapaGenos is saying is still correct.

Season Pass speculation:
1. Shredder
2. Otis
3. Toph
4. Timmy Turner

If everyone returns in the base game, replace Toph with Zuko/Iroh/Azula, and Shredder with Mr. Krabs.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Honestly I don't see them selling veterans as dlc. It make sense in big franchise like Smash or Mortal kombat that have like 60 characters to add, but in a second game like this it would just feel very scummy imo.
If those veterans are heavily retooled would they not equivocally be a new character? Besides that, everyone will have a favorite that doesn't return, the reason fighting games do it are so fans can have their favorites again while still funding development.

If those veterans are heavily retooled would they not equivocally be a new character? Besides that, everyone will have a favorite that doesn't return, the reason fighting games do it are so fans can have their favorites again while still funding development.
They're still older choices that were played last game. They need to prioritize what they have. It'd be extremely tone deaf and scummy looking to not let the old characters make the cut. Only one character is an acceptable cut, the others need to stay. I'm sorry but bare minimum choices like Sandy and Helga and not so requested niche chars like Oblina would make for awful DLC. Shredder at least has mass appeal and would best make use of DLC rework treatment.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
They're still older choices that were played last game. They need to prioritize what they have. It'd be extremely tone deaf and scummy looking to not let the old characters make the cut. Only one character is an acceptable cut, the others need to stay. I'm sorry but bare minimum choices like Sandy and Helga and not so requested niche chars like Oblina would make for awful DLC. Shredder at least has mass appeal and would best make use of DLC rework treatment.
That's why I said I expect Toph and Shredder to be the cuts?

That's why I said I expect Toph and Shredder to be the cuts?
Shredder has my boot confidence, Toph should stay though. Devs clearly loved her and she was one of the most played/recognized choices from the first game. Her being cut and resold would have notable backlash unlike Shredder who the majority don't remember in the game at all.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm honestly not even convinced there will be any cuts, and if there are it'll be like, 1 max. Maybe 2 but I really doubt it.

We've seen like all but 6 characters, with evidence for even a couple of those ones returning despite their current whereabouts unknown. There's definitely enough reason to still be on edge, since nothing's confirmed until it's confirmed, but I'm just kinda, not sweating it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm honestly not even convinced there will be any cuts, and if there are it'll be like, 1 max. Maybe 2 but I really doubt it.

We've seen like all but 6 characters, with evidence for even a couple of those ones returning despite their current whereabouts unknown. There's definitely enough reason to still be on edge, since nothing's confirmed until it's confirmed, but I'm just kinda, not sweating it.
I dunno where you're getting your numbers but we haven't seen 11 of the original games 25 in the sequel itself yet.

Sandy, Michelangelo, Leonardo, Lincoln, and Helga appear in the part of the trailer that shows footage from the first game.

Toph, Hugh, Powdered Toast Man, Oblina, CatDog, and Shredder are completely MIA.

While it's highly likely the first five are safe we still don't have a concrete answer on that.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I dunno where you're getting your numbers but we haven't seen 11 of the original games 25 in the sequel itself yet.

Sandy, Michelangelo, Leonardo, Lincoln, and Helga appear in the part of the trailer that shows footage from the first game.

Toph, Hugh, Powdered Toast Man, Oblina, CatDog, and Shredder are completely MIA.

While it's highly likely the first five are safe we still don't have a concrete answer on that.
I severely doubt they'd put out promotional material featuring characters who weren't going to be in the game.

That'd be like if a Smash trailer decided to include footage of a character cut from a prior installment that wasn't returning.

People see the Squidward trailer and see "X" character in the footage, they wouldn't do that unless said character is going to be in.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also, Smash having higher standards for DLC characters=/=other fighters having higher standards. Tekken 7's DLC for example included some really wacky guests, but it eventually was mostly comprised of Tekken vets including the unpopular Ganryu.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Been analyzing the trailer a bit more

• I think cargo throws are back - Rocko leans forwards when he uses his Suck-O-Matic grab.
  • On the Loud Castle segment, there's a weird fireball of some kind? I dunno what that is? Maybe Korra has a projectile now? Or maybe it's just the pie item that exploded. I dunno. I do think the log seen there is the projectile and not the item due to its size.
  • As can be seen in the Jimmy vs. April section, the iconic NASB upwards kicks are back.
  • I'm not sure on the clarinet, but Bold & Brash is most certainly a special since it lingers floating. May be some kind of trap?
  • SpongeBob has slime circling him when he uses the EX Bubbles, so that's likely a visual indicator for EX moves
  • The shiny dash is absolutely an airdash and not an airdodge. Almost every time it's used the user gets hit and the dash is cancelled.
  • After Garfield eats(?) the oatmeal(?), another oatmeal spawns at SpongeBob's location. My personal guess is that it may be a tutorial mode and the oatmeal is teaching players how to catch up with projectiles
  • SpongeBob does a flip after his spatula slash attack, not sure if this is a new jump animation, part of a spatula special move, or whatever.
  • Garfield's pie has the functionality of the cream pie, but doesn't actually appear to have any cream on it
  • I think Aang's stick swinging is a new up special, but one with a very similar functionality to his kite. The spike attack Aang uses from SpongeBob starts with a stick swing, and the grass(?) when he lands very much seems like a special move thing and not a sdair thing.
  • The old announcer voice clips are back
  • The plank on Rooftop Rumble is absolutely a new piece of stage geometry and not a background element, you can see it more clearly in the Garfield oatmeal segment
  • I think Rapheal's spin attack and kick attack may be the same move? Possibly a special?
  • The story mode stage is probably an original concept - you can see the star motif in the background
  • Garfield has a yellow glow as he falls into Reptar's flame - the airdash glow is white, so I'm not sure what this is?
  • Something seems up with Jimmy's jump animation, since it looks more like a skid animation, though that's probably just his jetpack in action.
  • For some reason Aang is speaking in Patrick's voice at one part???

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Let me see if I can explain my line of logic

At the time that he stated that there were two characters from the same already repped series, one unexpected and one WTF, he had already basically implied that there weren’t any new SpongeBob, Avatar or TMNT characters. While this isn’t necessarily the case generally speaking now, I think it still applies to these two, so I rule those out

From there I’ve always been a believer that only a franchise bigger than Loud House (or at the very least still being an active IP) would get more reps than it. Since LH currently has 2 characters, I ruled out any not still airing shows/reps. I also ruled out R&S because I don’t see us getting 2 more reps from that series period

That left Rugrats and Garfield for potential IPs and between the two Rugrats feels more likely to get anything

Stu would be the unexpected pick, but due to how much Nick dads have been memed about this game and plenty of memes about Stu in particular (at least early on) he’s not a super unheard of pick

That leaves Spike, who I believe is WTF tier on the basis that literally no one brings him up when discussing a Rugrats rep, and yet anyone who’s watched the show would be able to tell you that outside of the main cast of babies, Spike’s one of the more recurring characters. That and I think people are going too niche with who the WTF pick might be prediction wise so it kinda just worked itself out
Spike is actually a good WTF candidate. I wonder about Grandpa Lou, Suzie, or any of the AGU characters being used as no one would really expect any of these

Garfield would have several candidates, but Odie would be the most likely. I think he'll be saved for the second wave of DLC.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I got feedback on this from PapaGenos himself, THIS is the finalized version of this

Anyways this is my current roster predictions, I’m undecided between one of two outcomes

View attachment 375224View attachment 375225
In other words my mind internally looks like this atm
View attachment 375226
The more I think about it, the more I agree that Rugrats having 2 newcomers make sense. That being said, imo it would be weird for it to have 3 characters and still having no babies (even if it's controversial and some peoplele think it bas no chance of happening).

So my guess would be Chuckie and either Stu or Spike. Chuckie is the older of the babies so they might go with him, and fit the "unexpected but cool" because most people are expecting either Angelica or Tommy, but people would probably still be happy that Rugrats is getting a main character at all. And both Stu and Spike could fit the "wtf" spot.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The more I think about it, the more I agree that Rugrats having 2 newcomers make sense. That being said, imo it would be weird for it to have 3 characters and still having no babies (even if it's controversial and some peoplele think it bas no chance of happening).

So my guess would be Chuckie and either Stu or Spike. Chuckie is the older of the babies so they might go with him, and fit the "unexpected but cool" because most people are expecting either Angelica or Tommy, but people would probably still be happy that Rugrats is getting a main character at all. And both Stu and Spike could fit the "wtf" spot.
Chuckie is not a bad idea. Wonder how anyone would feel if it was Dil or Kimi instead?

Spike has a better chance of a WTF spot than Stu, but he would fit the dad meme genres more.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Since we know story mode is getting unique voice lines, are there any interactions you're all hoping to see?

Personally, I want to see an interaction between Helga and either Nigel or Hugh - not anything that'd make me cry and interrupt the goofy Spunch Bop fun times or whatever, just a sort of cute found-family dynamic. Rocko getting deja vu around Squiddy and Pat would be funny too.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Since we know story mode is getting unique voice lines, are there any interactions you're all hoping to see?

Personally, I want to see an interaction between Helga and either Nigel or Hugh - not anything that'd make me cry and interrupt the goofy Spunch Bop fun times or whatever, just a sort of cute found-family dynamic. Rocko getting deja vu around Squiddy and Pat would be funny too.
Nigel examining the wacky animal characters as if he's doing his nature show about them.

Spongebob, Danny, Jimmy and Timmy acknowledging that they've met before.

Jenny trying to "liberate" GIR from ZIM's control

Hugh and anyone.

Also, hypothetical where Daggett gets in, an interaction between him and ZIM.
"eee?"
"EH?
"eee?"
"EH?"

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Oh GOD that Lucy looks gross...

And thay Nigel looks so unsure of himself. Feels like a more eh version of his original render.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I love the pose and facial expression on that Lucy render.

EDIT: Speaking of Lucy, one thing I forgot with my earlier trailer analysis is that Lucy's up strong doesn't give her her superheroine outfit anymore, so there's a basically-confirmed alt.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
She looks way too animalistic and wild, her expressions on the show, even when laughing, are much more reserved. She can be weird and dark, but she isn't some kind of monster.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I love the pose and facial expression on that Lucy render.

EDIT: Speaking of Lucy, one thing I forgot with my earlier trailer analysis is that Lucy's up strong doesn't give her her superheroine outfit anymore, so there's a basically-confirmed alt.
What are you talking about? Lucy's up strong in the first game was her swinging a scythe up. It didn't give her a superheroine outfit at all.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
What are you talking about? Lucy's up strong in the first game was her swinging a scythe up. It didn't give her a superheroine outfit at all.
She gets a hood or something, which is based on the Eight of Spades (one of Lincoln's Ace Savvy OCs he created for his sisters).

Top Bottom