• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpevil

Smash Rookie
----SS TIER----

Mario Suit Wario

---- S TIER----

Wario
Wario

----B TIER-----

Wario
Wario
Original Overalls Wario

----C TIER-----

Wario
Wario
Wario
Red Jacket Biker wario
Wario

----D TIER-----

Wario
Wario
Yoshimitsu
Wario
Black jacket biker wario
Overtly gay overalls wario

----E TIER-----

Brown Wario
All other biker warios
Wario
Wario

----F TIER-----
Ganondorf

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If Zelda spams smashes, she generally gets *****. It just happens to be that her Fsmash shuts down a fair few of Sonics options.
...Hmm... that's true.

Good thing Sonic never really has to face her attacks head on. :laugh:

If djbrowny were right, Spadefox wouldn't have replied.

Unless Spadefox is trying to mindgame us all.

Hmmmmmmmm
Is a mindgame, don't fall for it, you have nothing to lose by being patient.

You forgot Toon Link and Pit. >_>
Maybe they're just THAT bad.

Bowser needs to move to SSS tier.
make up your mind, do you want Bowser in low-tire or SSS tire?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
the long post
SuSa, if you see my previous posts (before I started talking about Ike), you'll notice that my posts are quite cheerful and full of humor. I'm in a good mood today because I'm gonna take summer classes and not spend every day home bored, letting my mind run wild and waiting for boredom to make me go emo.

The first post about Ike winning tourneys wasn't supposed to be an argument as to why Ike should move up in tiers, or that Ike won because he excels against top players, or that he is now more tourney-viable because he's been winning small tourneys recently. It was supposed to be yet another installment in the string of 'humor' posts due to the Tier list being released today, and mocking what everyone's been doing for the past hundred pages (whining because other people's lists aren't up to their expectations, because others say "X character won't go higher because they're predictable", or because they want the tier list to go as they desire), since the topic's done: the list will be out in 3 hours, which is very, very soon.

The fact that people tend to take my posts as serious arguments (I actually wrote a post that said "Know how to make everyone happy? Move all the characters up a tier: everyone goes up, and no one goes down!") is their own fault for lack of awareness, and tunnel-vision, which makes them think that the first person to disagree with them is trying to argue with them. What I said about Ike winning tourneys is not false, Ike has won 3 (?) tourneys recently, even if they're 16-man tourneys, and that was my 'argument' from the start: no top-levels-of-play crap, no ike-beat-falco-so-falco-isn't-a-counter crap, no ike-should-move-up-now crap, simply an "Ike has won 3 tourneys recently, meaning that Ike CAN win tourneys, even if pitted against his hard counters!". Equal skill between them or no, Ike won the tourneys, even if they're just 16-men tourneys.

Why it had to be Ike? Because they were talking about Ike at the same moment I felt like posting. Why did I quote that guy? because he was the one I felt like replying to. Why did I quote you afterwards? because you're obviously not understanding the point that i tried to make with the first of the Ike posts.

And I know most people only care about the top levels of play... But like i said a thousand times before, I'm not talking about the top levels of play. If that alone kills your interest and you decide to not read my posts, be my guest. I'm saying what i feel like I want to say, and I'm not straying from the topic at hand, so you shouldn't be scolding me for trying to say things that are blatant lies, when what I say is as obvious as the monitor we have in front of our faces, and also a fact.

Geez, it was supposed to be a harmless, stupid joke, way to take it to the next level, guys. Mountains out of molehills, anyone? -_-

Jenkins

Smash Lord
alright, these guys already have this done lol. no way way they're making last minute changes.

haha building the suspense?

Palpi

Smash Hero
Kewkky I understand what you are saying. But saying that ike has won tournaments true or not, at the top level of play or not, has no effect on anything. It is a statement that anyone could say about any character with little to no significance.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
M2K beat Reflex. Yes, it's great and all that Reflex took a game off of him, but then again, M2K also likes to sandbag. But that doesn't matter, regardless of how it happened, M2K won. It probably won't happen again (Reflex taking a game off M2K with PT).

What does "a lot more viable" mean? Like... viable enough to not come in last?
Practically all of the characters except for Zelda, Ike, Mario, Ness, Lucas, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Samus, Link, Ganon, and CF are better than people give them credit for. People do take the list at face value to determine a characters viability whereas in fact, most of the cast is more balanced than thought especially considering most "good" characters are not ***** by more than one top tier.

There is probably four reasons for the idea that most of the characters are crap:

1. We NEVER take secondaries into account when talking about character viability. Which is an absurd mindset to have when only MK, Diddy, Wario, Snake, Pikachu, and Kirby are not disadvantaged with a 35:65 matchup or worse (when it comes to general forum concensus anyway).

2. This goes along with number 1 in that while most characters actually have the potential of viability, they get hard countered by at least one character.

3. I beleive that the people on SWF beleive that the decrease in viability is steady as you go down the tier list. Frankly though, the difference between the lower half of mid tier and low tier (and I am saying this with a beleif that Ike and Zelda are low tier while Sonic and PT are mid tier) is much greater than the differences between any other adjacent tier groupings (except for low and bottom imo).

4. Brawl does have the potential for major diversity, but not in a typical fashion of a competitive scene. For example, if the accepted top 11 characters below MK gained huge popularity equatible to Mk's own popularity, the lower tiers would benefit more as it would be conceivable that they (minus the 11 afromentioned characters in the first paragraph as well as potentially Bowser) could go through a tournament without running into their hard counters. Yes, the top tiers would still beat them noticably, but at that point, Peach or DK for example would not automatically be shut out in tournaments by the mandatory MK or DDD encounter.

This potential for diversity would lead me to beleive brawl has the potential for balance (without having to kill off all representation of a top character), but not under typical circumstances attributed to a competitive enviroment.

Simply put, I think the majority of the roster have the capabilities to be viable, because most of them are not outright stripped of options in most matchups as opposed to the bottom 11. The problems arise in large tournaments considering you are that much more likely to run into your one/two crap matchup(s) and that is why the whole balance issue is skewed so much. That and when we have a double standerd when a mid/low/occasionally high tier takes a top 8 placing alongside top tier characters as opposed to when MK/Snake takes a top 8 placing alongside someone noticably lower than them.

M.K

Level 55
I hate Bowser, please, let him drop. Everything about him is horrible.
Nobody uses him, his match-up with DDD basically makes him unviable, and everything he does just freaking sucks out loud.
Everything about him screams "Lowwwwww Tier".

No, I don't care about grab releases on Meta-Knight. No decent Meta-Knight will ever lose to a Bowser, so help them God.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
People get excited about the tier list in this thread, but once it's released we'll have a swarm of people complaining about the existence of the tier list.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I think my boy Olimar is going up.

Falcon too maybe.

Toon Link deserves it as well.

We'll see...

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I always find people complaining about the number of tiers to be a joke. Or the people saying A-G tier order was too confusing. Who the **** cares that much?

nabs_shaw

Smash Rookie
Mmm.. I agree, I for one merely wish to see the resultant effects of tourney results, and don't care where my characters wind up, it won't affect how they play, just something interesting to observe.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Someone said something about not giving mid tiers credit or top of low tier. If you want to use one of thhose characters, you better use them all for combined good match ups. 2-3 lowtiers doesn't cover the matchs ups...not even close.

Zyvera

Smash Rookie
People get excited about the tier list in this thread, but once it's released we'll have a swarm of people complaining about the existence of the tier list.
Heh, it's pretty funny how things seem to get like that

Anyways, I hope olimar is moved up, Ive actually gotten better as him since last year, yay lol
And if snake could surpass meta, then things would go crazy, too bad Jiggs doesn't really have a chance to move up :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom