• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

dream1ng

Smash Champion
They probably can, they just don't because said series aren't relevant to Smash currently, and 3rd party tracks in the Other category are pretty rare. In fact, it might even just be the Electroplankton and Snipperclips tracks.
Electroplankton and Snipperclips are first party.

Most of the small amount of third-party music in the other category is tied to some bigger representation, being either Undertale, Cuphead, Shantae or Monster Hunter. But then there's some stuff where the ownership of the IP seems trickier like Culdcept, Baten Kaitos and W101.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Electroplankton and Snipperclips are first party.

Most of the small amount of third-party music in the other category is tied to some bigger representation, being either Undertale, Cuphead, Shantae or Monster Hunter. But then there's some stuff where the ownership of the IP seems trickier like Culdcept, Baten Kaitos and W101.
Are they though? Electroplankton was made by indieszero and Snipperclips was made by SFB Games, both were just published by Nintendo.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo owned them, I'm just genuinely unsure who does lmao

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Are they though? Electroplankton was made by indieszero and Snipperclips was made by SFB Games, both were just published by Nintendo.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo owned them, I'm just genuinely unsure who does lmao
Well, Shigeru Miyamoto is one of the Producers of Electroplankton. And it's at least listed as a major affiliate of Nintendo, so who knows where the rights entirely are. There's a fair chance it could be a co-ownership thing not unlike how Super Mario RPG is(for a quick example. Though it might be more indieszero is the core owner of the IP, with Nintendo being the extra guy. So polar opposite of Nintendo and SMRPG's factors with the Mario characters. ...As in Nintendo is obviously the core guy in the relationship of SMRPG if not entirely clear).

I'm finding that Snipperclips was created by a different team and only went to Nintendo for funding, though. They don't appear to be affiliated with Nintendo specifically. So it's fairly likely that Nintendo at most only owns a very small portion of it, like specifically it can only release on their systems. Far less than Electroplankton, due to how little they appear to be involved in.

That said, the information is lacking, so take it with a grain of salt from me.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

I mean Pokemon, Kirby and Fire Emblem are made by fully independent studios

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Last edited:

Royaru

Smash Cadet
No, Veronica was semi-important in Book 2(as Loki coerced her into working with Surtr) and was important in Book 3(as she had to work with Alfonse and Kiran in defeating Hel). She made somewhat of an appearance in Book 4, but it was Book 5 and Book 7 where she hardly appeared. Meanwhile with Book 8, she was important for the first half since the first half was about Askr and Embla trying to bring peace between their kingdoms and she stays important until she gets poisoned and has to recover.
So for the most part, Veronica is still a decently recurring character in Fire Emblem Heroes. It's only two Books where she hardly appears at all, but for the most part, she appears more often than not.
Tell that to Book VII. :4pacman:
You're both right, I expressed myself badly, but that's basically it. Although he doesn't have appearances as a main or important character in every book, he always appears in some chapter. Rather than consistent appearances, I should have said recurring ones.

On the other hand, as we get closer and closer to the new Smash, it's almost certain that we'll see new characters from Xenoblade, Pikmin, Splatoon, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, among others. But we can't rule out characters from rarer games like Snipperclips, Labo, Ring Fit Adventure, and Game Builder Garage, because we also know that Sakurai loves introducing these types of characters.
Beyond Ring Fit, which is the most likely by far, how would you see a character from the other three games?

PersonAngelo53

Smash Cadet
Wait did I miss FE Heroes discussion

uhhh **** I haven't prepared anything uh, these 2 songs should be in

and the Breidablik should be an item and essentially a Fire Emblem version of the Pokeball

Veronica would be a great pick too

Honorable mention. I would like this one as well.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
A little off topic so apologies for that but I've been thinking about this since the other day:

So, I've never been an Urban Champion supporter but the conversation a few pages back, started by @smashkirby got me thinking, and before I realized, I was actually trying to work out a move set that I think would fit the guy.

So, here's that move set I guess, for anyone that feels like giving it a read.
Also, a rough doodle to accompany said move set. (Very rough and doesn't cover everything as I didn't have time when I started and when I came back to it today, I got lazy. :drshrug:)

I wanted a to go for a retro, but not entirely retro look if that makes sense? Rather than referencing his own game art, I used his sprite and Balloon Fighter. I was thinking that he could maybe be an older teenager or young adult. I was also trying to aim for a look that could pass him off as the Ballon Fighter's son or nephew or something. Odd direction I know, but it just felt like it worked to me idk.
View attachment 395516 Forgive the cluttered labels, I should have spaced them and the doodles better. I wanted Champ (I will be referring to him as such from here on,) to have pretty basic moves. I feel like he ought to be simple and straight forward, so he doesn't have any moves that are too crazy or flashy for the most part.

He is just a guy that gets into street fights (albeit limited to punching) with little else to Urban Champion as a game, so I think keeping things simple works for him. I mostly aimed for what could be considered a sort of middle ground between :ultmario:and:ultlittlemac:

Input

Move Name

Description

Neutral Attack

Jab & Straight

A short jab followed by a straight punch. Based on his sprite.

Forward Tilt

Body Blow

A quick but strong body blow. Poor range but can be combo-ed into from Neutral Attack.

Up Tilt

Backhand Sweep

An overhead, backhand swing. Think Shaggy Up Tilt if you've played Multiversus.

Down Tilt

Crouch Jab & Straight

The same as his Neutral Attack but done while crouched. Useful for hitting small characters and can still be linked into other attacks like F-Tilt.

Dash Attack

Running Swing

This one is pretty much the exact same thing as Little Mac and Mii Gunner's.

Forward Smash

Hook Punch

A heavy hook punch that has Champ step forward a bit. Partly inspired by Luke's Stand HP in Street Fighter 6.

Up Smash

Uppercut

A strong uppercut that springs up from a crouching position. A classic/standard fighting game move.

Down Smash

Down Swing

Somewhat similar to his Dash Attack. Champ rears back before delivering a punch straight down, knocking opponents into the ground. Or spiking them at the ledge.

OR sending them down a manhole on the Urban Champion stage that would accompany his inclusion.

Neutral Air

Double Knee Splash

An airborne double-knee attack. It's functionally a body splash but with a focus on the knees for the posing.

Alternatively, I could see him pulling off a classic s*x kick N-Air.

Forward Air

Air Hook

A semi-underhand, hook punch with his right. Think of Doc F-Air but with his fist's arc coming from below instead of an overhead strike.

Back Air

Turn Back Punch

Champ twists around while swing his arm. Similar to Mac's Back Air.

Up Air

Swiping Upper

A sweeping uppercut performed overhead.

My doodle kind of looks like a DP but that wasn't the intent. If you've played Multiversus, think more along the lines of Shaggy's Up Air.

Down Air

Hammer Fist

Champ brings both fists together for a hammering strike. Similar to Diddy or Mii Brawler's D-Air attacks.

Grab

He grabs you. Nothing special here.

Pummel

Headbutt

Headbutts you like Mario's own pummel.

Forward Throw

Straight Slugger

Holds opponents by the collar before slugging them in the face to launch them away.

Back Throw

Shoulder Throw

Closely resembles Terry's Buster Throw.

Up Throw

Lift Upper

Holds opponents by the collar before launching them with a quick uppercut.

Down Throw

Pin Pummel

Champ pins the opponent to the ground before delivering a barrage of quick punches, the last hit launching them slightly. This one's for damage, not for KO's. Partly inspired by attacks used by both Sean and Luke in the Street Fighter series.

Neutral Special

Tumble Punch
--------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------

A strong wind-up punch that sends foes into a tumbling state on hit. (Think of the sort of cartoon wind-up punch you'd see from a character like Popeye.)

When used on the ground, this will send foes tumbling backward along the ground rather than launching them outright.

This move is at its strongest when used on stages with walk-offs as it will send opponents tumbling right into the blast zone if used close enough. (Mimicking how you beat opponents in Urban Champion.)

On more standard stages like FD, BF, etc. opponents will roll off the side of the stage ledge, exiting the tumble state but setting them up for potential edge guard opportunities.

If the opponent hits a wall, a wall splat will occur, briefly leaving them vulnerable for a possible follow up.

While in the tumble state, opponents will crash into other opponents, dealing damage to them. They will also break any destructible terrain they collide with (like the blocks on Green Greens, etc.)

The amount of time opponents spend in the tumbling state will increase the higher their damage is; however, the speed of the tumble is much faster than that of the original Urban Champion (instead using Smash's existing tumble parameters as a base).

The speed varies based on percent, being comparable to that of being launched (though again with only one set direction.)

The change in speed is to minimize the time opponents spend in state of helplessness, quickly returning control to the player.

Side Special

Champ Charge
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An armored shoulder tackle.

A short distance burst option with light armor properties, allowing Urban Champ to power through weaker hits and most projectiles.

The armor's damage threshold is 15%, meaning it will beat out most tilts and aerials but loses out to charged smash attacks and strong hits from naturally heavy hitters like Ganondorf, Dedede and K. Rool. (ex. Dash attack + some aerials for those mentioned.)

Up Special

Jump Upper
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A simple but effective, jumping uppercut.

Most similar to Dr. Mario's Super Jump Punch but with a little less power and slightly more vertical distance than horizontal.

Down Special

Heads Up!!

(Here's the one move in his kit that makes things a bit more weird/unpredictable: a non-traditional projectile from above.)

A time lapse special that spawns an item in the air.

Upon use, a marker appears high in the air directly above Urban Champ. After a short period (probably 5 or so seconds,) an item will spawn in the air where the marker was placed. The item then falls straight down, dealing damage to anyone standing below it (including Urban Champ himself.)

The item that spawns is random, with each item dealing different amounts of damage, knockback, and potentially having other properties.

The most common item spawned, is a flowerpot like the ones dropped in Urban Champion. The possible items are as follows:
Most Common

Flowerpot (Urban Champion): 12% damage

Common

Decorative Pot/Jar (Zelda series): 12% damage

The appearance of the pot can vary too, with a handful of designs pulled from different Zelda games.

Upon breaking, instead of having been empty, there's a chance that the player hit will collect a Heart or some Rupees. The Rupees don't do anything and are just there as another fun reference, but the Heart will heal you for 5% of the damage you just took.

Jar (Kid Icarus): 12% damage

These were all over the Underworld in the original Kid Icarus.

Sunflower Vase (Starfy): 12% damage

Vase of Roses (Starfy): 12% damage

Tea Kettle (Starfy): 12% damage

Has the added benefit of not immediately breaking allowing players to use it as a throwing item.

Coffee Mug (Chibi-Robo!): 8% damage

Has a picture of Drake Redcrest on it.

Tin Can (Hogan's Alley): 5%

Not very strong but it can be thrown too. No explosion like Duck Hunt's though.

Uncommon

Painting (Framed)
: 14% damage

Framed paintings all come in the same size, but they can depict artwork referencing a variety of games including Super Mario 64, Luigi's Mansion, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and more.

Painting (Canvas): 14% damage

The possible canvases all come in one size, but they can depict artwork referencing a variety of games including Art Academy, the Kirby series and more.

Potted Piranha Plant (Mario series): 12% damage. Rather than breaking. a small Piranha Plant will pop outand bite at players. It can be easily defeated or will disappear on its own after a bit.
(Not to be confused with our playable plant :ultpiranha:)

Goomba's Shoe (Mario series): 12% damage. May or may not contain a Goomba.

Horned Statuette (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess): 25% damage

Shouldn't this be back at the Temple of Time?

Rocky (Kirby series): 25% damage.

Drops like a rock.

Kirby can suck him up if he's in the match, but he won't get any additional Stone abilities. Otherwise, he'll walk around for a little bit before disappearing.

Telephone (Earthbound): 15% damage

You rang? Oh, it's for Ness.

Same kind as before, but this one had a Shemum hiding inside!

View attachment 395512

Block (Stack Up): 6% damage. Throwable.

Comes in several colors.

Bowling Ball (Animal Crossing series, because taken off Villager. Could double as a Wii Sports item too technically.): 17% damage (just like a clean hit from Villager's F-Smash.)

Pitfall (Animal Crossing series): deals 18% damage.

Behaves as though it were dropped so it cannot be caught or picked up, instead burying opponents immediately or laying a pitfall upon contact with the ground.

Telly Vision (Chibi-Robo!): 20% damage

Telly will drop onto the stage dazed. After shaking it off, he'll take flight and fly off screen.

Rare

Bob-omb (Mario series): 30.6% damage.

Behaves as though it were spawned like in Sudden Death, though it can be caught with proper timing.

Thwomp(Mario series): 30% damage

Artsy Ghost (Mother 3): 14% damage

Looks like a regular painting at first glance, but it'll levitate and fly towards players after landing so watch out! (Can be dispatched with a few hits.)

Yellow Wollywog (Pikmin series): 30% damage

It'll target the closest player and try jumping again after landing so try to take it out quickly!

Block Stack (Stack Up): 30% damage. Attack the stack to knock it over and add several throwable blocks into the mix.

You should let R.O.B. handle these.

TV + NES/Famicom: A CRT television with an NES (or Famicom) sitting on top.

Deals a whopping 35% in damage. (CRTs are heavy.)

The screen also has a chance of displaying one of the following games, each with a 2.5% chance of appearing.

• Urban Champion
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 (Lost Levels)
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Dr. Mario
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II
  • Metroid
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Mother (Uses a Famicom)
  • Fire Emblem (Uses a Famicom)
  • Kid Icarus
  • Wario's Woods
  • Punch-Out!!
  • Duck Hunt
  • Ice Climber
  • Balloon Fight
  • Excitebike
  • Gyromite
  • Stack Up
  • Hogan's Alley
  • Wild Gunman
  • Mach Rider
  • Devil World
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Pro Wrestling
  • Wrecking Crew
  • NES Open Tournament Golf
  • The Mysterious Murasame Castle (Famicom)
  • FDC: The Missing Heir (Famicom)
  • FDC: The Girl Who Stands Behind (Famicom)
  • Shin Onigashima (Famicom)
  • Yuyuki (Famicom)
  • Gumshoe
  • Startropics
  • Startropics II

Super Rare

Elephant Mario (+ the others too maybe?): 35% damage.

Nothing beats a ground pound.

View attachment 395513

Fat Guy (Yoshi series): 35% damage. After landing he'll wander around for a bit, dealing contact damage. He can be KO'd but it'll take a few hits.

I'd like one large Shy Guy please.

View attachment 395514

Armos (Zelda series): 30% damage.

After landing the Armos will remain dormant and disappear if you leave it alone. Get too close and it'll spring to life, hopping around to chase after players. As you might expect, Armos, is in fact, armored so be careful when engaging with it.

Beamos (Zelda series): 30% damage

After landing Beamos will fire a laser at the closest player. It'll disappear on its own after a little while, but you can take it out in a single strike if you aim for the eye.

Metroid Capsule (Super Metroid): 30% damage

A baby Metroid captured in a capsule, similar to the one Ridley carries off in the opening of Super Metroid.

Upon landing, the capsule will remain on stage for a short while before disappearing. Sometimes the glass will crack only to disappear anyway, however, there is also a chance that the glass fully breaks, freeing the baby Metroid who will feed on any players it can manage to latch onto.

Moundo (Kirby series): 35% damage

Just like Rocky.

TV + SNES: 35% damage.

A CRT television with a Super Nintendo sitting on top.

The screen also has a chance of displaying one of the following games, each with a 5% chance.
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Mario Paint
  • DKC
  • DKC 2
  • DKC 3
  • A Link to the Past
  • Super Metroid
  • Kirby Superstar
  • Star Fox
  • F-Zero
  • Mother 2/Earthbound
  • FE: Mystery of the Emblem
  • FE: Genealogy of the Holy War
  • FE: Thracia 776
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Pilotwings
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Battle Clash

Ultra Rare

Mad Piano (Super Mario 64): Deals 40% damage on impact and will angrily hop upon landing, dealing another 8-20% if all hits connect, disappearing after it's done.

Doorframe – In addition to the damage dealt upon landing, the doorknob will rattle, and the door will swing open shorty after (damaging those in the way and) revealing a character cameo. Some examples:
  • Luigi nervously looking around with his flashlight, referencing Luigi's Mansion.
  • Villager walking through the door and walking around for a bit placing a furniture item or two in the background before walking back through the door, closing it behind him
  • DK swings the door open and takes a peek will still holding the doorknob. He then slams it shut again.
  • A regular Mii walks through the door and wanders around the stage background briefly before waving goodbye and disappearing.
  • Isabelle will appear with a surprised expression. She'll then walk in and wander the stage background for a brief period, leaving fruit as a callback to her old Assist Trophy role.

TV + N64: A CRT television with a Nintendo 64 sitting on top. Has a 5% chance of appearing. The screen also has a chance of displaying one of the following games, each with a 5% chance.
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • Super Mario 64
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Dr. Mario 64
  • Paper Mario
  • Donkey Kong 64
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
  • Star Fox 64
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Pokemon Snap
  • F-Zero X
  • Doubutsu no Mori (Animal Forest)
  • Pilotwings 64
  • Wave Race 64
  • 1080 Snowboarding
  • Excitebike 64
  • Sin & Punishment
TV + GCN: 30% damage.

A CRT television with a Nintendo Gamecube sitting on top.

The screen also has a chance of displaying one of the following games, each with a 3.03% chance.
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Paper Mario: TTYD
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash
  • Super Mario Strikers
  • Mario Party 4
  • DK Jungle Beat
  • The Wind Waker
  • Twilight Princess
  • Four Swords Adventures
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  • Kirby's Air Ride
  • Star Fox Adventures
  • Star Fox Assault
  • Pokemon Colosseum
  • Pokemon XD
  • Pokemon Channel
  • F-Zero GX
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  • Wario World
  • WarioWare, Inc.
  • Pikmin
  • Pikmin 2
  • Animal Crossing
  • Chibi-Robo!
  • 1080 Avalanche
  • Wave Race: Blue Storm
  • Custom Robo
  • Eternal Darkness
  • Doshin the Giant
  • Giftpia
TV + Wii: 5% chance. 30% damage.

A CRT television with a Nintendo Wii sitting on top.

The screen also has a chance of displaying one of the following games, each with a 3.03% chance.
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Mario Strikers Charged
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Link's Crossbow Training
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  • Metroid: Other M
  • Kirby's Return to Dreamland
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution
  • PokePark: Pikachu's Adventure
  • PokePark 2: Wonders Beyond
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
  • Wario Land: Shake It!
  • WarioWare: Smooth Moves
  • Rhythm Heaven Fever
  • Animal Crossing: City Folk
  • Wii Fit
  • Punch-Out!! (Wii)
  • Wii Sports
  • Wii Sports Resort
  • Wii Party
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
  • Excite Truck
  • Excitebots: Trick Racing
  • Endless Ocean
  • Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree

No Wii U or Switch because, A. I got tired of writing this, B. This is way too long as it is, and C. HDTVs were common by the time of the Wii U. The Wii was the last one that made sense to pair with a CRT imo, since a lot of people still had them.

0% chance: ROADO ROLLA DA, WRRRYYYY

Yes, Jojo's reference and yes, this move was heavily inspired by Peacock's Shadow of Impending Doom from Skullgirls.

Some extra third-party references assuming they'd be allowed:
  • Tetris Block: Falling blocks for the item spawn and fall move.
  • Door: Zombie (Resident Evil): "Look out it's a monster!" Jill "Sandwich" Valentine
  • Door: Zombie (Minecraft)
  • TV: Persona 4
  • Moai (Gradius)
  • Tenraiha (Darkstalkers/Vampire) – One of Hsien Ko/Lei Lei's supers. I'm mostly referring to the initial hit utilizing an iron weight with a face drawn on it, however, if made as one of the rarer spawns, perhaps you could still include the barrage of spike balls as well.
Is this all way too much work for one move realistically? Absolutely. But I liked the idea and got carried away thinking of all the possibilities given how perfect a move like this would be for easter eggs and additional cameos.

And one more honorable mention to King Zora from Ocarina of Time who I also thought of including because I thought it'd be funny if he awkwardly scooted over until he fell off the stage after being summoned.

Up Taunt

Winning Pose

Strikes a winning pose like he does in Urban Champion.

Left Taunt

Fighting Pose

Strikes a fighting pose, jabbing at the air and giving a wink towards the camera.

Right Taunt

^

Down Taunt

Nothing to See Here

Whistles with his hands in his pockets and looking away from the camera as though avoiding eye contact. Based on the animation characters take when the police car appears.
No Final Smash as of yet. Still couldn't think of one that I found fitting.

I initially threw around the idea of the patrol car showing up and arresting the other players while Champ got away with pretending to not be involved. I don't think that would fly though.
It's simple (besides the funny down special), but there's definitely room for simpler movesets.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The full story is actually pretty neat. The Snipperclips devs developed the prototype version for a game jam, and a Nintendo rep was attending. They were impressed by it and outright bought the IP from them in exchange for funding a full game.

It was also originally going to be a Wii U game, but they held off to release it on Switch. And then it was a runaway success as a launch title.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
If the next Smash game ever decides to add in licensed music, which it probably won't, it'd be pretty wild if they could use songs like Way To Fall (Metal Gear Solid 3), The Man Who Sold The World or even Nuclear (Metal Gear Solid V).
Aren't some tracks like Megalovania already licensed? Toby Fox isn't a traditional musician under a traditional label, but I believe it's the same sort of concept.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
They probably can, they just don't because said series aren't relevant to Smash currently, and 3rd party tracks in the Other category are pretty rare. In fact, it might even just be the Electroplankton and Snipperclips tracks.

If we were to get Ruby Heart, SonSon, & Amingo (or even just an MvC stage), we'd probably get all the MvC original tracks and maybe even a bunch of SNK vs. Capcom/SVC Chaos original tracks as well. Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom original tracks are possible too, but I wouldn't hold my breath on those.

In terms of MvC track selection, there is the issue of all the character themes being titled "Theme of [CHARACTER]", which bars us from using any Marvel character themes, and that's a huge loss (though they might could get sneaky and include them in medleys). Capcom character themes would be fair game though, and they have some bangers as well.
i mean, you could probably just put the Vs series tracks in the street fighter section seeing as its a Street fighter spin off.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, what do you think of the state of the Star Fox franchise?

Both in the context of Smash and outside of it?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Unless Nintendo finally has a decent idea for Star Fox that doesn't involve shoehorning a gimmick, I feel like Star Fox is only truly safe in Smash due to its legacy.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well I’ve enjoyed the games and while I believe the dormancy will end eventually I’m not sure it’ll be in time for the next smash. I would like to see it get something new but I dunno. My pessimism makes me feel it’s unlikely

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Ive always liked the world and characters from Starfox.

Absolutely dislike what they ended up doing to the series in the long run, where its just starfox 64 again and again.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

"It got a new game on the Switch" is something that applies to F-Zero more than Star Fox, but it still got a big tile on that Nintendo Museum wall, which seems to only be a thing they did for active franchises. My only answer is
...that said, the SNES Classic sold more than twice as much as the NES Classic, and I wonder how much being the first official release of Star Fox 2 contributed to that.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I mean Pokemon, Kirby and Fire Emblem are made by fully independent studios
That's true, but I was thinking it was some weird ownership deal, since I'm a Starfy fan and I think both Nintendo and TOSE share ownership of that copyright lol

Apparently that is true for Electroplankton but not Snipperclips, as other people have noted.

Really wish they'd do something with it that's not just "let's remake 64 again under a different name" like the Gamecube titles did. Like I know people don't like Adventures because it doesn't really feel like a Star Fox game (because it wasn't, let's be real lol), but like Assault was, imo, an interesting story take with real tangible stakes that didn't revolve around Andross for once, and I really feel like it was a good direction to take but I don't think it sold well because it was a Star Fox game on the Gamecube.

In terms of Smash, I think Star Fox is in a pretty good position considering what the series is. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost out a little next game since it's been like 8 years since Zero, but it's in a pretty good spot as is I think.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

They need to get Ian Flynn to try writing something for it. I remember he said he'd like to do a comic based on it, and it sounded like he was cooking with the idea...

Outside of that, yeah it does kinda feel like a legacy sort of thing at the moment. Heck at this point I wouldn't even mind a Zero port to Switch: at least we'd have SOMETHING at that point.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but I don't think it sold well
It sold well enough to get a Player's Choice release, but that's not saying much since by the time it came out, games didn't need to be million sellers for Nintendo to slap a Player's Choice label on later prints of Gamecube games.

ninjahmos

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016

OK, hear me out…

What if they remastered/remade Star Fox Zero? I mean, sure it's basically just a rehash of Star Fox 64, but it had a lot of potential, but I feel like Nintendo's insistence on using the Wii U Gamepad and the motion controls is what may have ruined it. Plus, the Wii U was probably doomed to fail anyway.

Maybe they could release it for Switch or Switch 2?

Last edited:

Royaru

Smash Cadet

I think Star Fox need a game like Pikmin 4. I mean, some kind of a reboot BUT with a new story. Maybe introducing Krystal since the begining and using some of the Star Fox 2 characters for example.
I've the feeling that Star Fox will be a tittle for Switch 2 first year.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

As long as it has Miyamoto's support it'll always have a chance to return, but when and in what state will be the question. Unfortunately they do seem to be struggling with what to do next and trying to rely on 64 to pick up the slack, but personally I think the next move should be to figure out the next step forward as it being locked to the past is likely stagnating it.

It's been kicked around before, but I think a show would do well for the series. People love the world and characters so building a show around them I think would be successful.

As for Smash, it may lose a character, but I think it'll retain most of it's presence due to its history.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I say let Good Feel have a go. The dog fight bits in Bakeru were pretty good. Could easily be the foundation of a decent star fox game

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Do you think Raymans got a good chance? I can't remember if it's just rumors but he's getting a new game and I think a remake with Michael Ancel involved

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Do you think Raymans got a good chance? I can't remember if it's just rumors but he's getting a new game and I think a remake with Michael Ancel involved
Personally I still think by far Rayman's biggest obstacle is the fact that he's basically a complete nobody in Japan, in contrast with the west.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If the next Smash game ever decides to add in licensed music, which it probably won't, it'd be pretty wild if they could use songs like Way To Fall (Metal Gear Solid 3), The Man Who Sold The World or even Nuclear (Metal Gear Solid V).
This is the route to salvation. The Golden Path.
  1. We get a Fortnite character in the next Smash game - and they have a bunch of different skins as alts like Bowser Jr.
  2. To represent the Fortnite Festival mode, Lady Gaga is made one of the alts
  3. Because she's already involved, we get a few Lady Gaga songs - including Bad Romance
  4. We also get a character from Undertale or Deltarune

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
  1. We get a Fortnite character in the next Smash game - and they have a bunch of different skins as alts like Bowser Jr.
  3. Because she's already involved, we get a few Lady Gaga songs - including Bad Romance
Fortnite blows and scams and manipulates with actual gambling tactics on children

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Random Character Ideas: Special Grab for Paper Mario

Since his limbs are short and his animations are limited by his design gimmick, Paper Mario's grab has him send Thoreau forward. It would end up being similar to Steve's grab in that it's like a tether grab, but without any of the bells and whistles of an actual tether grab. The actual original idea part is what happens when the grab connects. Instead of bringing the opponent to Paper Mario, Thoreau holds them in place as four blocks surround Paper Mario. These blocks inform your options: forward is hammer, down is jump, back is partner, and up is Special.

Picking any of the options has Paper Mario perform that attack, which functions similarly to how it does in the Paper Mario RPGs, action commands and all. As for which partner and which Special, I would tie it to the existing partner mechanic, or randomize it if there isn't one. For Specials, I'd probably just go with the Tremor, truncate the action commands significantly.

I don't know how useful this mechanic would be, but it could be fun, though it does come with the downside of Paper Mario lacking a pummel, and technically lacking a back throw depending on how partners work.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
This is now going to be in my head for the next 24 hours 😭

I still don't know the actual bad romance lyrics, this is all I can think of when it plays (same with stronger than you but that at least makes sense as I have never seen anything from steven universe).

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Conversely, Toby Fox gets more music, and we get some of his other work from outside Undertale

Laniv

Smash Champion

In general... It doesn't feel like anyone has a clue what to do with Star Fox beyond "make 64 again". I say having someone like Retro or Good Feel would do wonders for it

In Smash... Wolf is more likely gone than staying and that makes me sad

BuckleyTim

Smash Apprentice
Ubisoft: we gotta fire this guy for being too toxic of a boss, even for us

Also Ubisoft: we gotta have this guy on as a consultant though

If the Mario + rabbids team is working on it i'd be happy, but I don't think Ancel needs to be a part of that equation at all

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Don't know if this is a controversial opinion or not among the Star Fox fandom, but I would love an Assault-style multiplayer mode more than anything else.

Got far more mileage out of that than the campaign.
I think assault was the right direction for the series. too bad its the only one in the series like this

Gorgonzales

Smash Lord
A little off topic so apologies for that but I've been thinking about this since the other day:

So, I've never been an Urban Champion supporter but the conversation a few pages back, started by @smashkirby got me thinking, and before I realized, I was actually trying to work out a move set that I think would fit the guy.

So, here's that move set I guess, for anyone that feels like giving it a read.
Also, a rough doodle to accompany said move set. (Very rough and doesn't cover everything as I didn't have time when I started and when I came back to it today, I got lazy. :drshrug:)

I wanted a to go for a retro, but not entirely retro look if that makes sense? Rather than referencing his own game art, I used his sprite and Balloon Fighter. I was thinking that he could maybe be an older teenager or young adult. I was also trying to aim for a look that could pass him off as the Ballon Fighter's son or nephew or something. Odd direction I know, but it just felt like it worked to me idk.
View attachment 395516 Forgive the cluttered labels, I should have spaced them and the doodles better. I wanted Champ (I will be referring to him as such from here on,) to have pretty basic moves. I feel like he ought to be simple and straight forward, so he doesn't have any moves that are too crazy or flashy for the most part.

He is just a guy that gets into street fights (albeit limited to punching) with little else to Urban Champion as a game, so I think keeping things simple works for him. I mostly aimed for what could be considered a sort of middle ground between :ultmario:and:ultlittlemac:

Input

Move Name

Description

Neutral Attack

Jab & Straight

A short jab followed by a straight punch. Based on his sprite.

Forward Tilt

Body Blow

A quick but strong body blow. Poor range but can be combo-ed into from Neutral Attack.

Up Tilt

Backhand Sweep

An overhead, backhand swing. Think Shaggy Up Tilt if you've played Multiversus.

Down Tilt

Crouch Jab & Straight

The same as his Neutral Attack but done while crouched. Useful for hitting small characters and can still be linked into other attacks like F-Tilt.

Dash Attack

Running Swing

This one is pretty much the exact same thing as Little Mac and Mii Gunner's.

Forward Smash

Hook Punch

A heavy hook punch that has Champ step forward a bit. Partly inspired by Luke's Stand HP in Street Fighter 6.

Up Smash

Uppercut

A strong uppercut that springs up from a crouching position. A classic/standard fighting game move.

Down Smash

Down Swing

Somewhat similar to his Dash Attack. Champ rears back before delivering a punch straight down, knocking opponents into the ground. Or spiking them at the ledge.

OR sending them down a manhole on the Urban Champion stage that would accompany his inclusion.

Neutral Air

Double Knee Splash

An airborne double-knee attack. It's functionally a body splash but with a focus on the knees for the posing.

Alternatively, I could see him pulling off a classic s*x kick N-Air.

Forward Air

Air Hook

A semi-underhand, hook punch with his right. Think of Doc F-Air but with his fist's arc coming from below instead of an overhead strike.

Back Air

Turn Back Punch

Champ twists around while swing his arm. Similar to Mac's Back Air.

Up Air

Swiping Upper

A sweeping uppercut performed overhead.

My doodle kind of looks like a DP but that wasn't the intent. If you've played Multiversus, think more along the lines of Shaggy's Up Air.

Down Air

Hammer Fist

Champ brings both fists together for a hammering strike. Similar to Diddy or Mii Brawler's D-Air attacks.

Grab

He grabs you. Nothing special here.

Pummel

Headbutt

Headbutts you like Mario's own pummel.

Forward Throw

Straight Slugger

Holds opponents by the collar before slugging them in the face to launch them away.

Back Throw

Shoulder Throw

Closely resembles Terry's Buster Throw.

Up Throw

Lift Upper

Holds opponents by the collar before launching them with a quick uppercut.

Down Throw

Pin Pummel

Champ pins the opponent to the ground before delivering a barrage of quick punches, the last hit launching them slightly. This one's for damage, not for KO's. Partly inspired by attacks used by both Sean and Luke in the Street Fighter series.

Neutral Special

Tumble Punch
--------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------

A strong wind-up punch that sends foes into a tumbling state on hit. (Think of the sort of cartoon wind-up punch you'd see from a character like Popeye.)

When used on the ground, this will send foes tumbling backward along the ground rather than launching them outright.

This move is at its strongest when used on stages with walk-offs as it will send opponents tumbling right into the blast zone if used close enough. (Mimicking how you beat opponents in Urban Champion.)

On more standard stages like FD, BF, etc. opponents will roll off the side of the stage ledge, exiting the tumble state but setting them up for potential edge guard opportunities.

If the opponent hits a wall, a wall splat will occur, briefly leaving them vulnerable for a possible follow up.

While in the tumble state, opponents will crash into other opponents, dealing damage to them. They will also break any destructible terrain they collide with (like the blocks on Green Greens, etc.)

The amount of time opponents spend in the tumbling state will increase the higher their damage is; however, the speed of the tumble is much faster than that of the original Urban Champion (instead using Smash's existing tumble parameters as a base).

The speed varies based on percent, being comparable to that of being launched (though again with only one set direction.)

The change in speed is to minimize the time opponents spend in state of helplessness, quickly returning control to the player.

Side Special

Champ Charge

An armored shoulder tackle.

A short distance burst option with light armor properties, allowing Urban Champ to power through weaker hits and most projectiles.

The armor's damage threshold is 15%, meaning it will beat out most tilts and aerials but loses out to charged smash attacks and strong hits from naturally heavy hitters like Ganondorf, Dedede and K. Rool. (ex. Dash attack + some aerials for those mentioned.)

Up Special

Jump Upper

A simple but effective, jumping uppercut.

Most similar to Dr. Mario's Super Jump Punch but with a little less power and slightly more vertical distance than horizontal.

Down Special

Heads Up!!

(Here's the one move in his kit that makes things a bit more weird/unpredictable: a non-traditional projectile from above.)

A time lapse special that spawns an item in the air.

Upon use, a marker appears high in the air directly above Urban Champ. After a short period (probably 5 or so seconds,) an item will spawn in the air where the marker was placed. The item then falls straight down, dealing damage to anyone standing below it (including Urban Champ himself.)

The item that spawns is random, with each item dealing different amounts of damage, knockback, and potentially having other properties.

The most common item spawned, is a flowerpot like the ones dropped in Urban Champion. The possible items are as follows:
Most Common

Flowerpot
(Urban Champion): 12% damage

Common

Decorative Pot/Jar (Zelda series): 12% damage

The appearance of the pot can vary too, with a handful of designs pulled from different Zelda games.

Upon breaking, instead of having been empty, there's a chance that the player hit will collect a Heart or some Rupees. The Rupees don't do anything and are just there as another fun reference, but the Heart will heal you for 5% of the damage you just took.

These were all over the Underworld in the original Kid Icarus.

Sunflower Vase (Starfy): 12% damage

Vase of Roses (Starfy): 12% damage

Tea Kettle (Starfy): 12% damage

Has the added benefit of not immediately breaking allowing players to use it as a throwing item.

Coffee Mug (Chibi-Robo!): 8% damage

Has a picture of Drake Redcrest on it.

Tin Can (Hogan's Alley): 5%

Not very strong but it can be thrown too. No explosion like Duck Hunt's though.

Uncommon

Painting (Framed)
: 14% damage

Framed paintings all come in the same size, but they can depict artwork referencing a variety of games including Super Mario 64, Luigi's Mansion, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and more.

Painting (Canvas): 14% damage

The possible canvases all come in one size, but they can depict artwork referencing a variety of games including Art Academy, the Kirby series and more.

Potted Piranha Plant (Mario series): 12% damage. Rather than breaking. a small Piranha Plant will pop outand bite at players. It can be easily defeated or will disappear on its own after a bit.
(Not to be confused with our playable plant :ultpiranha:)

Goomba's Shoe (Mario series): 12% damage. May or may not contain a Goomba.

Horned Statuette (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess): 25% damage

Shouldn't this be back at the Temple of Time?

Rocky (Kirby series): 25% damage.

Drops like a rock.

Kirby can suck him up if he's in the match, but he won't get any additional Stone abilities. Otherwise, he'll walk around for a little bit before disappearing.

Telephone (Earthbound): 15% damage

You rang? Oh, it's for Ness.

Same kind as before, but this one had a Shemum hiding inside!

View attachment 395512

Block (Stack Up): 6% damage. Throwable.

Comes in several colors.

Bowling Ball (Animal Crossing series, because taken off Villager. Could double as a Wii Sports item too technically.): 17% damage (just like a clean hit from Villager's F-Smash.)

Pitfall (Animal Crossing series): deals 18% damage.

Behaves as though it were dropped so it cannot be caught or picked up, instead burying opponents immediately or laying a pitfall upon contact with the ground.

Telly Vision (Chibi-Robo!): 20% damage

Telly will drop onto the stage dazed. After shaking it off, he'll take flight and fly off screen.

Rare

Bob-omb (Mario series): 30.6% damage.

Behaves as though it were spawned like in Sudden Death, though it can be caught with proper timing.

Thwomp(Mario series): 30% damage

Artsy Ghost (Mother 3): 14% damage

Looks like a regular painting at first glance, but it'll levitate and fly towards players after landing so watch out! (Can be dispatched with a few hits.)

Yellow Wollywog (Pikmin series): 30% damage

It'll target the closest player and try jumping again after landing so try to take it out quickly!

Block Stack (Stack Up): 30% damage. Attack the stack to knock it over and add several throwable blocks into the mix.

You should let R.O.B. handle these.

TV + NES/Famicom: A CRT television with an NES (or Famicom) sitting on top.

Deals a whopping 35% in damage. (CRTs are heavy.)

The screen also has a chance of displaying one of the following games, each with a 2.5% chance of appearing.

• Urban Champion
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 (Lost Levels)
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Dr. Mario
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II
  • Metroid
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Mother (Uses a Famicom)
  • Fire Emblem (Uses a Famicom)
  • Kid Icarus
  • Wario's Woods
  • Punch-Out!!
  • Duck Hunt
  • Ice Climber
  • Balloon Fight
  • Excitebike
  • Gyromite
  • Stack Up
  • Hogan's Alley
  • Wild Gunman
  • Mach Rider
  • Devil World
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Pro Wrestling
  • Wrecking Crew
  • NES Open Tournament Golf
  • The Mysterious Murasame Castle (Famicom)
  • FDC: The Missing Heir (Famicom)
  • FDC: The Girl Who Stands Behind (Famicom)
  • Shin Onigashima (Famicom)
  • Yuyuki (Famicom)
  • Gumshoe
  • Startropics
  • Startropics II

Super Rare

Elephant Mario
(+ the others too maybe?): 35% damage.

Nothing beats a ground pound.

View attachment 395513

Fat Guy (Yoshi series): 35% damage. After landing he'll wander around for a bit, dealing contact damage. He can be KO'd but it'll take a few hits.

I'd like one large Shy Guy please.

View attachment 395514

Armos (Zelda series): 30% damage.

After landing the Armos will remain dormant and disappear if you leave it alone. Get too close and it'll spring to life, hopping around to chase after players. As you might expect, Armos, is in fact, armored so be careful when engaging with it.

Beamos (Zelda series): 30% damage

After landing Beamos will fire a laser at the closest player. It'll disappear on its own after a little while, but you can take it out in a single strike if you aim for the eye.

Metroid Capsule (Super Metroid): 30% damage

A baby Metroid captured in a capsule, similar to the one Ridley carries off in the opening of Super Metroid.

Upon landing, the capsule will remain on stage for a short while before disappearing. Sometimes the glass will crack only to disappear anyway, however, there is also a chance that the glass fully breaks, freeing the baby Metroid who will feed on any players it can manage to latch onto.

Moundo (Kirby series): 35% damage

Just like Rocky.

TV + SNES: 35% damage.

A CRT television with a Super Nintendo sitting on top.

The screen also has a chance of displaying one of the following games, each with a 5% chance.
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Mario Paint
  • DKC
  • DKC 2
  • DKC 3
  • A Link to the Past
  • Super Metroid
  • Kirby Superstar
  • Star Fox
  • F-Zero
  • Mother 2/Earthbound
  • FE: Mystery of the Emblem
  • FE: Genealogy of the Holy War
  • FE: Thracia 776
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Pilotwings
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Battle Clash

Ultra Rare

Mad Piano (Super Mario 64): Deals 40% damage on impact and will angrily hop upon landing, dealing another 8-20% if all hits connect, disappearing after it's done.

Doorframe – In addition to the damage dealt upon landing, the doorknob will rattle, and the door will swing open shorty after (damaging those in the way and) revealing a character cameo. Some examples:
  • Luigi nervously looking around with his flashlight, referencing Luigi's Mansion.
  • Villager walking through the door and walking around for a bit placing a furniture item or two in the background before walking back through the door, closing it behind him
  • DK swings the door open and takes a peek will still holding the doorknob. He then slams it shut again.
  • A regular Mii walks through the door and wanders around the stage background briefly before waving goodbye and disappearing.
  • Isabelle will appear with a surprised expression. She'll then walk in and wander the stage background for a brief period, leaving fruit as a callback to her old Assist Trophy role.

TV + N64: A CRT television with a Nintendo 64 sitting on top. Has a 5% chance of appearing. The screen also has a chance of displaying one of the following games, each with a 5% chance.
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • Super Mario 64
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Dr. Mario 64
  • Paper Mario
  • Donkey Kong 64
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
  • Star Fox 64
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Pokemon Snap
  • F-Zero X
  • Doubutsu no Mori (Animal Forest)
  • Pilotwings 64
  • Wave Race 64
  • 1080 Snowboarding
  • Excitebike 64
  • Sin & Punishment
TV + GCN: 30% damage.

A CRT television with a Nintendo Gamecube sitting on top.

• Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Paper Mario: TTYD
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash
  • Super Mario Strikers
  • Mario Party 4
  • DK Jungle Beat
  • The Wind Waker
  • Twilight Princess
  • Four Swords Adventures
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  • Kirby's Air Ride
  • Star Fox Adventures
  • Star Fox Assault
  • Pokemon Colosseum
  • Pokemon XD
  • Pokemon Channel
  • F-Zero GX
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  • Wario World
  • WarioWare, Inc.
  • Pikmin
  • Pikmin 2
  • Animal Crossing
  • Chibi-Robo!
  • 1080 Avalanche
  • Wave Race: Blue Storm
  • Custom Robo
  • Eternal Darkness
  • Doshin the Giant
  • Giftpia
TV + Wii: 5% chance. 30% damage.

A CRT television with a Nintendo Wii sitting on top.

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Mario Strikers Charged
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Link's Crossbow Training
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  • Metroid: Other M
  • Kirby's Return to Dreamland
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution
  • PokePark: Pikachu's Adventure
  • PokePark 2: Wonders Beyond
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
  • Wario Land: Shake It!
  • WarioWare: Smooth Moves
  • Rhythm Heaven Fever
  • Animal Crossing: City Folk
  • Wii Fit
  • Punch-Out!! (Wii)
  • Wii Sports
  • Wii Sports Resort
  • Wii Party
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
  • Excite Truck
  • Excitebots: Trick Racing
  • Endless Ocean
  • Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree

No Wii U or Switch because, A. I got tired of writing this, B. This is way too long as it is, and C. HDTVs were common by the time of the Wii U. The Wii was the last one that made sense to pair with a CRT imo, since a lot of people still had them.

0% chance: ROADO ROLLA DA, WRRRYYYY

Yes, Jojo's reference and yes, this move was heavily inspired by Peacock's Shadow of Impending Doom from Skullgirls.

Some extra third-party references assuming they'd be allowed:
  • Tetris Block: Falling blocks for the item spawn and fall move.
  • Door: Zombie (Resident Evil): "Look out it's a monster!" Jill "Sandwich" Valentine
  • Door: Zombie (Minecraft)
  • TV: Persona 4
  • Moai (Gradius)
  • Tenraiha (Darkstalkers/Vampire) – One of Hsien Ko/Lei Lei's supers. I'm mostly referring to the initial hit utilizing an iron weight with a face drawn on it, however, if made as one of the rarer spawns, perhaps you could still include the barrage of spike balls as well.
Is this all way too much work for one move realistically? Absolutely. But I liked the idea and got carried away thinking of all the possibilities given how perfect a move like this would be for easter eggs and additional cameos.

And one more honorable mention to King Zora from Ocarina of Time who I also thought of including because I thought it'd be funny if he awkwardly scooted over until he fell off the stage after being summoned.

Up Taunt

Winning Pose

Strikes a winning pose like he does in Urban Champion.

Left Taunt

Fighting Pose

Strikes a fighting pose, jabbing at the air and giving a wink towards the camera.

Right Taunt

^

Down Taunt

Nothing to See Here

Whistles with his hands in his pockets and looking away from the camera as though avoiding eye contact. Based on the animation characters take when the police car appears.
No Final Smash as of yet. Still couldn't think of one that I found fitting.

I initially threw around the idea of the patrol car showing up and arresting the other players while Champ got away with pretending to not be involved. I don't think that would fly though.
This is a really fun and well-put together moveset! I like what you came up with for his visual design, I think the Balloon-Fighter-artwork-esque take is a really good direction. It's always nice to see simpler, more modest kits.

Top Bottom