• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Ivander

Smash Legend
So, how do you feel about Amiibo in the future?

We got a lot of Amiibo throughout the Wii U and Switch's life. Do you think that will continue?
Well, we're still getting them, as I think our most recent set was the Splatoon 3 Side Order amiibos and not too far off are the Xenoblade 3 Amiibo and the Tears of the Kingdom Amiibo. So I think we'll still get more Amiibo for a while.

And I won't lie. I would be legitimately curious and interested on the possibility of a game that utilised Amiibo similar to Skylanders or Lego Dimensions, especially if it worked with all existing Amiibo(as if Smash wasn't already a giant legal nightmare). No one is prepared for the ultimate crossover of Mario with the power of Cereal teaming up with an E.M.M.I. from Metroid Dread, a Malzeno from Monster Hunter Rise and Solaire of Astora from Dark Souls.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

We got a lot of Amiibo throughout the Wii U and Switch's life. Do you think that will continue?
well every time I think we've heard the last of it they announce a new set. it feels like they're phasing it out but I dunno

Noipoi

Howdy!

Amiibo will keep chugging along well into the Switch 2 years. I don’t see them stopping anytime soon.

It’s not like back when it was the hottest thing on the block, but Amiibo has carved out a nice little niche for itself.

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Ace
I do agree. Thirties feel more stable than my twenties. Then again my twenties where kinda problematic. However I noticed most people have their worst experiences in their twenties? Idk, seems like an era of extreme ups and downs, hence I say thirties is more stable, at least to me.
Same here. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary, but my 20s were also pretty turbulent and, I don't regret anything but I've really been enjoying the stability and the feel of (more or less, of course) knowing my place in the world that growing older brings to you.

What would you say early twenties are like, to someone who's gonna be 20 in a few months? (me)
I suppose it varies wildly from person to person, but it's probably the most fun part of life! You never have as many people around you afterwards. At least in my case though, I was also still immature and a little too emotional... "Extreme ups and downs" is probably the best way of putting it. Again, in my case at least.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
amiibo seem pretty likely to keep going. They work rather well as merchandising as concerned, and there's tons to collect, always keeping good attention. Only downside is some characters or franchises getting very few(no Tingle one yet? Pokemon at least has tons of other kinds of merchandise instead, but still).

It also helps that Smash alone does really well with that point. Though I do wish the new/changed designs had them too(like Ganondorf and Zelda). I wish Master Hand was more playable so he could've gotten one. Or any boss, really.

Ivander

Smash Legend
M!Corrin & F!Corrin: "Can we return to the next Smash Bros?"
Smash fans: "Don't bring them back to the next Smash Bros, plz!"
Nintendo and Sakurai: "Okay, we won't bring them back.
monkey paw curls
Nintendo and Sakura: "Jonesy from Fortnite is coming to the next Smash Bros and he comes with these characters that are certainly not Corrin"

I mean, not only does the female have a Witch outfit like Corrin, but the male's literal name is Orin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom