• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’ll give this a stab too

Gen 3 - Plusle & Minun (on the merits that they were supposedly previously planned)
Gen 5 - Serperior
Gen 8 - Cinderace Inteleon Rillaboom Urshifu Zarude Zacian Zamazenta Corviknight Falinks Appletun Dragapult MUTHA EFFIN’ CALYREX, *****ES.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Gen 3: Blaziken
Gen 5: Gothitelle
Gen 8: Cinderace

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Gen 3: Sceptile
Gen 5: Krookodile
Gen 8: Toxtricity

It seems that I really like reptiles. Maybe I should ask for Reptile from Mortal Kombat.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New NEW forum game(TM)

so with the Ultimate Deluxe idea that DLC would have their own spaces in Ult DX’s WoL, where would you place those characters?

for me;

Piranha Plant - Light Realm, just to have one more villainous character under Galeem’s control for irony purposes, we have a lot of heroic characters under Dharkon’s control so
Joker - Dark Realm, just because the aesthetic fits
Hero - Light Realm, he’s seen fighting Dharkon and their minions in his trailer and Galeem is Dharkon’s natural enemy
Banjo & Kazooie - Light Realm, tbh almost all the cartoony characters are there anyway
Terry - Dark Realm, idk why
Byleth - either, but Light Realm is preferred to have one more FE character there (currently it’s only Marth and Roy, everyone else from FE is in the Dark Realm)
Min Min - Light Realm obviously since her Spirit was there in Vanilla Ult
Steve - also Light Realm

and for some of my ideal Ultimate DLC picks:
Elma - Dark Realm, to contrast Shulk being in the Light Realm
KOS-MOS - Dark Realm
Arle - Light Realm
Octoling - Dark Realm, cause the Spirit they’re based on (Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy) is there. The one named Octoling is in the Light Realm and technically of the Enemy Octoling, not the Octo Expansion kind
Crash - Light Realm, as previously established with cartoony characters
Neku - Light Realm, to contrast fellow Nomura-designed character Cloud being in the Dark Realm
Ahri - Dark Realm
Black Shadow - Dark Realm cause he’s an Edgy(TM) villain
Falcom character - if Adol or Estelle, Light Realm. If Rean, Dark Realm cause Trails of Cold Steel. dark and edgy. Get it???

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
New NEW forum game(TM)

so with the Ultimate Deluxe idea that DLC would have their own spaces in Ult DX’s WoL, where would you place those characters?

for me;

Piranha Plant - Light Realm, just to have one more villainous character under Galeem’s control for irony purposes, we have a lot of heroic characters under Dharkon’s control so
Hero - Light Realm, he’s seeing fighting Dharkon and their minions in his trailer and Galeem is Dharkon’s natural enemy
Banjo & Kazooie - Light Realm, tbh all the cartoony characters are there anyway
Byleth - either, but Light Realm is preferred to have one more FE character there (currently it’s only Marth and Roy, everyone else from FE is in the Dark Realm)
Steve - also Light Realm

KOS-MOS - Dark Realm
Arle - Light Realm
Octoling - Dark Realm, cause the Spirit they’re based on (Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy) is there. The one named Octoling is in the Light Realm and technically of the Enemy Octoling, not the Octo Expansion kind
Neku - Light Realm, to contrast fellow Nomura-designed character Cloud being in the Dark Realm
Ahri - Dark Realm
Falcom character - if Adol or Estelle, Light Realm. If Rean, Dark Realm cause Trails of Cold Steel. dark and edgy. Get it???
Current DLC
  • Piranha Plant: Light Realm, Molten Fortress
  • Joker: Light Realm, Base
  • Hero: Light Realm, Temple of Light
  • Banjo: Dark Realm, Dracula’s Castle
  • Terry: Light Realm, World Tour
  • Byleth: Dark Realm, Sacred Land
  • Min Min: Where her Spirit Battle used to be
  • Steve: Dark Realm, Mysterious Dimension

SharkLord

Smash Hero
New NEW forum game(TM)

for me;

Hero - Light Realm, he’s seeing fighting Dharkon and their minions in his trailer and Galeem is Dharkon’s natural enemy
Banjo & Kazooie - Light Realm, tbh all the cartoony characters are there anyway
Steve - also Light Realm

KOS-MOS - Dark Realm
Arle - Light Realm
Ahri - Dark Realm
  • Reimu would be in The Final Battle, actually. Her role is to be a neutral party between humans and youkai, so it would be fitting, and either way both Galeem and Dharkon would want her to be kept under lock and key due to her feats and Fantasy Nature being ludicrously godmodded (She floats away from reality itself and becomes invincible and implicitly immortal)
  • Adol could fit either. Normally, his heroic adventurer persona would work with the Light Realm, but we could also slot him into Dracula's Castle as a nod towards Darm Tower.
  • Bandana Waddle Dee would probably fit the Light Realm better, being an adorable Waddle Dee from an adorable series.
  • Klonoa would fit best with the Light Realm as a dream traveler, which would probably lean more towards light than darkness.
In other news, I just discovered a headcanon that the DLC characters survived by playing card games in Steve's bedrock cube and I'm taking it as fact now.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
New NEW forum game(TM)

for me;

Hero - Light Realm, he’s seen fighting Dharkon and their minions in his trailer and Galeem is Dharkon’s natural enemy
Banjo & Kazooie - Light Realm, tbh almost all the cartoony characters are there anyway
Steve - also Light Realm

KOS-MOS - Dark Realm
Arle - Light Realm
Ahri - Dark Realm
Plant - Dark Realm
Joker - Dark Realm, Dracula's Castle
Hero - Light Realm
Banjo & Kazooie - Light Realm, Forest hill
Terry - Light Realm, World Tour
Byleth - Light Realm
Min Min - Exactly where her Spirit was in the Light Realm
Steve - Final Battle in the middle

My Fpass
Crash - Light Realm
Sakura - Dark Realm, Sacred Lands
Estelle - Light Realm
Euden - Light Realm, Temple Of Light

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
3 and 5. 2 only has Pichu, which is kinda debatable.
Pichu's gained its own identity now, so yeah I'm counting it. And not (just) because Pichu's F-Tilt was absurdly powerful at launch.

While we're at it, trade Pichu for Scizor

%$#@ logic and %$#@ likelihood, I'm doing the cool guys,
Why would you want Lightning Loops to go away? :p

(I do think the nerfs to Pichu were a bit too heavy-handed - still, it remains a strong character IMHO.)

As for Pokemon Generations:

Gen 3: ... Dunno. Lets say Slaking just to see how the **** they'd implement Truant.
Gen 5: ... Dunno here too, but lets say Zoroark.
Gen 8: Baboom. I've fully bought into that train.

New NEW forum game(TM)

Okay, lets do this. Here are the maps:

Piranha Plant: Light Realm due to it popping up all over the place in standard Mario levels. Lets say at the Mushrooms for cheap comedy.
Joker: Dark Realm, in the Mysterious Dimension (aka. Multidimensional Cluster****). On the wreckage.
Hero: Light Realm, in the Sky due to Luminary's connections to the Cetacea.
Banjo-Kazooie: Light Realm, Jungle / Swamplands near DK.
Terry: Dark Realm, yeeted towards Dracula's Castle. Due to Terry having a small history with infiltrating big buildings.
Byleth: Final Battle. Centre Stage. His / her link to Sothis is why.

Min Min: Light Realm. In the Gourmet Race because Galeem gave her a new job (at a certain price).
Steve: Light Realm, Bowser's Fortress. Because if there's one of the confirmed characters who would be associated with lava... And I don't think Dwarf Fortress is getting in. Kinda sad because Dwarf Fortress is the game that loves lava the most.

As for potentials:

Master Chief: Light Realm, Space Section. Kinda given.
KOS-MOS: Final Battle. Would fit IMHO.
Ahri: Dark Realm, Sacred Land (Lost Woods). Due to her own backstory. Morrigan could take the same place, but edit: Morrigan could also be placed in the Light Realm's City.
Dante: Dark Realm, Dracula's Castle. Great chance for a giant DMC1 callback.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I left final battle as is cause I can’t really see that place being expanded too much

If so tho I’d put Elma there (still on the Dark side) and Neku on the Light side of Final Battle

cause The World Ends With Him

why tf am i so punny today

Gen 3: ... Dunno. Lets say Slaking just to see how the **** they'd implement Truant.
Give him really good frame data, but also cooldowns so he can't spam stuff.

I kind of want to see Ludicolo, just for the ridiculousness of it. Most of my Pokemon desires for Smash are from gen 2, though. Every time I try to think of something from gen 3 I have to remind myself that my favorites didn't originate there.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
Hope they don’t announce the next character this year. If they did that would mean that they’ll only announce 3 next year and theyd be so far appart

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You gave me an idea what we could speculate on.

So, assuming we got an Ultimate DX. What characters do you guys think would be the most likely for such an updated version and port of the game?

As you already mentioned Rex would be one of them.

Others I feel would probably be Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Isaac, and Waluigi. Perhaps Spring Man, and Shadow too.
Little late but I also wanna add Akira Howard to the Base Ult DX gang, I just remembered Astral Chain and while it got Event’d in Vanilla Ult, Ult DX may be another shot at it getting a rep
Hope they don’t announce the next character this year. If they did that would mean that they’ll only announce 3 next year and theyd be so far appart
They could announce FP8 this month or in December but FP8 actually releases anywhere from Jan-Mar 2021. You’d have four releases in 2021 and I’d say that’s pretty dope

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
New NEW forum game(TM)

for me;

Steve - also Light Realm

KOS-MOS - Dark Realm
Arle - Light Realm
Ahri - Dark Realm
For confirmed fighters, the same as yours but:
Hero in the Triforce of Courage part of the Sacred Land in the Dark Realm
Banjo-Kazooie specifically in the Forest Hill in the Light Realm
Steve in the Mysterious Dimension in the Dark Realm, on the grassy floating islands in the background

My Ultimate DLC picks:
Geno in the space portion of the Light Realm, like his Spirit Battle
Porky in the Dark Realm
Mike in the island portion of the Light Realm
Crash near the DK Island subarea in the Light Realm
Dr. Eggman in the dark side of the Final Battle, like his Spirit Battle
Isaac in the light side of The Final Battle, like his Spirit Battle

and if we want to get wild:
Chase in the Lumiose City portion of the Light Realm
Uniracer in the Light Realm
MissingNo. in the Mysterious Dimension in the Dark Realm

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Byleth and Rean would set up a makeshift teachers' lounge and complain to each other about how they can't get Joker to do his homework.
They could also bond over their cool dads (Jeralt Eisner and Teo Schwarzer) and the fact that they're both tough dudes voiced by David Lodge.
Adoptive in Teo's case but shhhhhhh

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Not necessarily.
They don't have to stretch their reveals all the way throughout 2021 evenly, ending on December of next year, in fact it's more likely they'll finish before they come close to that deadline.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I feel like Byleth and Rean would set up a makeshift teachers' lounge and complain to each other about how they can't get Joker to do his homework.
Not to mention he'd be able to dodge chalk if they tried throwing it at him.

...I've just realized how strange it is that no one seemingly started shipping Joker and FemByleth, considering all the Kawakami memes the P5 fandom has spawned. :4pacman:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hypothetical scenario;

what if:
  • FP8 is announced this December at TGA for a Jan/Feb 2021 release
  • FP9 is revealed in late March, drops late April - early May
  • FP10 and FP11 are dual revealed at E3 and while they’re definitely not Hero/Banjo/Steve levels of huge, they decide to cap it off with a reveal of FPV3, the truly final pass with 4 more characters as per the WoL slots

How likely do you see this happening? Would the E3 scenario at least be feasible?

7NATOR

Smash Master
I Knew there be alot of Ultimate DX Ideas with Shadow as an echo. I thought people didn't like how Sonic is designed though?

anyway unless Characters are being developed in 2's only instead of 3's, I think the pass could perhaps finish very early in comparison to December. We might get all of our characters revealed by E3 Perhaps

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Hypothetical scenario;

what if:
  • FP8 is announced this December at TGA for a Jan/Feb 2021 release
  • FP9 is revealed in late March, drops late April - early May
  • FP10 and FP11 are dual revealed at E3 and while they’re definitely not Hero/Banjo/Steve levels of huge, they decide to cap it off with a reveal of FPV3, the truly final pass with 4 more characters as per the WoL slots

How likely do you see this happening? Would the E3 scenario at least be feasible?
Tbh, I have some trouble seeing the last character at E3 - feels too soon, and I'm betting on a special final Smash Direct like Smash 4 got. Seems reasonable enough to me.

Well, that and I'm still not convinced we're getting a volume 3, if only because Sakurai doesn't like stretching development.

Please I want off this wild ride please please

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
Going along with the earlier speculation of "Where would DLC characters be placed in Adventure Mode if they had been in the base game or if they were added there later on?", I think that Sora (my most wanted DLC character) would fit best somewhere within the Dark Realm.

Now I know what you're thinking: Isn't he a Guardian of Light, a hero of pure good? Wouldn't he be best placed in the Light Realm? Well, I think putting him in the Dark Realm would be very fitting, to reference a few events in his home games.

- In the very first KH game, Sora "kills" himself so that Kairi's heart (which was stuck in his body) could be released and put back into Kairi's own body. This results in him briefly falling to darkness, turning into a Heartless before Kairi uses her princess magic to bring him back to human form.

- In II, Sora has an "Anti" Drive Form that he can be trapped in during gameplay if you use Drive Forms too much, basically reverting him into Heartless form before it wears off.

- In 3D, Sora ends up falling to darkness yet again, this time because Xehanort tricks him into diving deeper into the dream world, so that Xehanort could turn Sora into his new heart vessel (think of it like a Horcrux from Harry Potter).

- In III, the aforementioned "Anti" Form is reworked in gameplay as Rage Mode, letting you transform into a Heartless form (this time at your leisure) if you take too much damage within a short timeframe. The Rage Mode is also used heavily during the final boss fight, in which Xehanort can use the X-Blade to drain Sora of his light and force him to be trapped in Rage Mode until he can get it back.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Actually Though I wonder

For the Last Smash Character, will they Reveal the Mii Costumes BEFORE the Character reveal, or after like usual. I Know with Bayonetta they revealed all the Mii Costumes before they revealed her

I guess for that to work it would have to be a Character that's not from a New franchise though

...I've just realized how strange it is that no one seemingly started shipping Joker and FemByleth, considering all the Kawakami memes the P5 fandom has spawned. :4pacman:
Probably because the implications are kind of bad. A roughly 21-year-old teacher in a relationship with a 16? year old high school student. The reason it's not so bad in Three Houses is that most of the students are within a couple years of Byleth and the time skip helps the case for the others since the relationship stuff doesn't really drop until the end of the game and Byleth seemingly doesn't age during the time skip.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Probably because the implications are kind of bad. A roughly 21-year-old teacher in a relationship with a 16? year old high school student. The reason it's not so bad in Three Houses is that most of the students are within a couple years of Byleth and the time skip helps the case for the others since the relationship stuff doesn't really drop until the end of the game and Byleth seemingly doesn't age during the time skip.
To be fair, I never said the implications were good, either. I'm more... surprised at no one having seemingly done it, is all. It is the internet we're talking about.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Can't Joker Romantically get with his Teacher who's around her 30's? I don't think Byleth and Joker wouldn't be any weirder than what's in the Persona 5 Game itself

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Aaaaaaand id better change the topic before this starts getting into real questionable territory

uhhhhhh... for my dream base Ult DX characters placement in WoL, Akira Howard would be in the Light Realm and Nakoruru in the Dark Realm???

IDK SOMEONE HELP BEFORE THIS GETS REALLY WEIRD.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Aaaaaaand id better change the topic before this starts getting into real questionable territory

uhhhhhh... for my dream base Ult DX characters placement in WoL, Akira Howard would be in the Light Realm and Nakoruru in the Dark Realm???

IDK SOMEONE HELP BEFORE THIS GETS REALLY WEIRD.
Too late, I'm posting Adol Car again.
AdolCar.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom