• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
That's mostly due to Ultimate's buffer giving you ample time to pull off the input.

Not that other fighting games don't have buffers, just that Ultimate's is twice as big as most traditional fighters.

They also kept those inputs to the most basic of the bunch, so no pretzels, pentagrams, rekka moves or Summon Sufferings.
Makes sense. And also explains why I didn't have the same problem with Ryu in Sm4sh.

Tbh, as a Kokonoe main in Blazblue, I'd rather Smash never really went that far. Not because it's hard, but because there's a point where some inputs are so complicated, the move loses any practical purpose.

No wonder I never see anyone using Golden Tager in tournaments unless they really want to style.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Makes sense. And also explains why I didn't have the same problem with Ryu in Sm4sh.

Tbh, as a Kokonoe main in Blazblue, I'd rather Smash never really went that far. Not because it's hard, but because there's a point where some inputs are so complicated, the move loses any practical purpose.

No wonder I never see anyone using Golden Tager in tournaments unless they really want to style.
While you're not wrong, part of me still wants to see the pretzel input put into Smash just to see the fans rile up :lol:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m probably gonna get hated for this but if Ult DX happens I’d also include the following Pokeballs: Lycanroc, Decidueye, Urshifu

give them all spirits as well cause esp for the first two they weren’t even acknowledged after Incineroar deconfirmed them, only Mimikyu was

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Hmm yeah, I could definitely see that. Cloud's "limit state" does modify the damage of his entire moveset and his overall speed. It kinda slipped my mind with him in Ultimate having it run out. I suppose while the "limit" moves are only specials, the rest of the movest does feed into getting juice for those specials.
Of course that'd mean I'd have to bump up Hero with his copious amounts of moves that buff his whole kit up as well.

Suppose it just goes to show how blurry the line between "a character with unique traits" and "a character that relies on gimmicks" is.
Limit does not increase the damage of his normals; but the changes to his stats (buffs in most cases) effectively make it easier for the Cloud to space and land the sweetspots on his F-Air and D-Air. The stat changes also makes it easier to mind game opponents - there are scenarios where a Cloud doesn't need to use his specials and let the stat changes do the work. Or scenarios where suddenly the opponent is off stage and eats a Limit Cross Slash (as someone who has gotten the off stage Limit Cross Slash semi-consistently online, that feels really good)...

And then there are the scenarios where he's forced to use Limit Climbhazzard to recover, leaving him in a bad spot.

If anything, I find them way too easy to execute compared to SF/KoF. So much so that it sometimes happens by accident when I'm doing aerials.

I do think restricting inputs to the B button could be a good thing, tbh. But then again, I could just reduce stick sensitivity when I play Terry.
Wait, do you accidentally do stuff like this then?

:4pacman:

Imagine not being able to pull off the Raging Storm input on a whim
View attachment 290967
I know two kinds of people who would learn that Day 1: Pros and people who really want to be on Youtube highlight reels like "The ULTIMATE Salt is Real".

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I’m probably gonna get hated for this but if Ult DX happens I’d also include the following Pokeballs: Lycanroc, Decidueye, Urshifu

give them all spirits as well cause esp for the first two they weren’t even acknowledged after Incineroar deconfirmed them, only Mimikyu was
No! Don't do Decidueye dirty! He doesn't deserve that fate! I'm still salty from the fact that Decidueye was almost chosen to be a fighter.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
While you're not wrong, part of me still wants to see the pretzel input put into Smash just to see the fans rile up :lol:
Pretzels are a bit impractical in an aerial fighter like Smash, but double counter-clockwise full circles are a pain anywhere. :p

Wait, do you accidentally do stuff like this then?
No. What I do is try to gimp, then reposition for an aerial, accidentally input Burn Knuckle and SD instead. :roll:

For reference, I do like to play with sensitivity on high.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Aight let’s not call others hypocrites. People can prefer not to have the inputs and prefer other gimmicks. That doesn’t make them hypocritical.
We were calling people out? I was just making a hypothetical comparison here. :nifty: You can dislike the gimmick all you want, but I feel the opinion of that type of gimmick would be different based on varying characters.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I'd be curious about the age breakdown in regards to feelings on fighting game inputs. Consider the sheer amount of young Smash players whom perhaps have not really played traditional titles like Street Fighter, half circle motions indeed could come across a needlessly excessive compared to the simple but deep moves of other characters. I can't say I mind them, but given that I've played enough occasional SF or SNK over the years to get some muscle memory for it, that's a different experience compared to someone who's gravitated to Smash for most of their life because it doesn't require such motions.

I'm reminded a bit of certain classic Sonic titles which I've seen younger players have issues with because their platformer experience is in the Mario vein and Sonic's speed and slope physics emphasis is an adjustment to your sensibilities if you didn't grow up with it.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
No! Don't do Decidueye dirty! He doesn't deserve that fate! I'm still salty from the fact that Decidueye was almost chosen to be a fighter.
Because having a non-playable role is clearly an insult even though people who get their IPs as those are generally really happy for it. :rolleyes:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

I would also add a fair few other Gen 8 pokeballs like Toxtricity, Dragapult and Perrserker

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

But what if Urshifu ends up being among the final four remaining DLC?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But what if Urshifu ends up being among the final four remaining DLC?
I’m betting on Calyrex if a Gen 8 happens myself

ps anyone wanna make a Calyrex support thread? And please title it “Yeah. This is BIG BRAIN TIME.”

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
If there was an ultimate dx, i would want them to focus on making mii costumes into playable fighters. That would be the pool of characters i would pull from.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Can’t believe I’m not allowed to dislike fighting game inputs according to this thread. Sorry for not wanting to fight the controls in my party fighter
Just because people disagree with you doesn’t mean you’re wrong.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If there was an ultimate dx, i would want them to focus on making mii costumes into playable fighters. That would be the pool of characters i would pull from.
Hopefully if Rex doesn’t become DLC in Vanilla Ultimate (which I have a feeling is the case) he’d be a base game for Ult DX, I dont think Xenoblade 3 will be out by then and his popularity will help ensure demand. I know the director of Xenoblade said he’d like to return to the X universe before the next mainline Xenoblade, so HOPEFULLY Elma is DLC in Vanilla Ultimate, but I digress

maybe we’ll get Sans too

Last edited:

Ornl

Smash Ace

I collected trivia about Space Invaders so that the content helps to better look at its chances. If you know of other elements, you're welcome to share them!
• Nintendo decided to go into the video game business when Space Invader appeared.*
• Hiroshi Yamauchi created the Famicom after making Space Invaders the subject of study among his employees, which caused them to become obsessed.*
• Shigeru Miyamoto stated that he wasn't interested in video games until he discovers Space Invaders. He considers this game to have revolutionized the video game industry.*
• Satoru Iwata's interest in making video games grew in 1978, when the Space Invaders boom took hold.*
• Masahiro Sakurai mentioned Space Invaders when he commented on the TV-Game 15 assist trophee in Smash Bros.*
• Masahiro Sakurai using Space Invaders in his talk on GDC Risk and Return from 500th column Famitsu livestream.*, °
• Masahiro Sakurai showcased some of his creations in Dragon Quest Builders 2. He "starts" on a Space Invaders sprite and ends by showing off the Super Smash Bros logo; would this be a parallel to his own journey in gaming? The invader boom occured in Japan when Sakurai was 8 years old.*

• Sheriff is a game influenced by Space Invaders; it appears in the Smash Bros series since Melee (except Brawl).*
• Galaxian is a game influenced by Space Invaders; Boss Galaga and 4 Galaxian sprites appear in the Smash Bros series since Sm4sh.*
• Taito appears in the Sm4sh and Ultimate credits. Taito's in-house sound department Zuntata has made six music remixes: Kapp'n's Song, The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley, Wii Shop Channel (Remix), Staff Credits - Kirby's Dream Land, We Are Robots (Dr.Wily Stage 2) and Splattack! (Remix). Orville, the protagonist of Takt of Magic, appears as a spirit.*
• Space Invaders is one of the few series to appear on Virtual Boy, with the Bomberman and Shin Megami Tensei series.*

• Space Invaders series sales grossed over $14 billion, making it the 7th highest grossing series of all time, behind Mario, Pokémon, Call of Duty, Dungeon Fighter Online, Wii Series and Pac-Man.*, °
• Space Invaders is inducted into the World Video Game Hall of Fame, with Mario, Super Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon Red & Green, Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac-Man, Street Fighter II, Final Fantasy VII and Minecraft.*
• Space Invaders is part of the Totaku figurine collection which parallel to Amiibo, with Sonic, Ryu, Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Man and Pac-Man.*

D

Deleted member

Just because people disagree with you doesn’t mean you’re wrong.
Ok? You had people saying that I just need to get good or that I don’t actually play the game because I dislike having to do special inputs. Pardon me for disliking the fact I randomly do a tatsumaki when I don’t mean to or missing a shoryuken because my hands can’t keep up with my brain.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ok? You had people saying that I just need to get good or that I don’t actually play the game because I dislike having to do special inputs. Pardon me for disliking the fact I randomly do a tatsumaki when I don’t mean to or missing a shoryuken because my hands can’t keep up with my brain.
I remember trying to play Ryu and Ken before. You can guess how it ended, with me spinning around right off the stage. Terry I can handle a bit more than the other two but I still managed to somehow power dunk off the stage.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
People here just really can't entertain the idea that you can be happy for a character making a non-playable appearance while still wanting/preferring a playable one.
Echo chambers everywhere man. Them dastardly things catch you while you're not looking.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hopefully if Rex doesn’t become DLC in Vanilla Ultimate (which I have a feeling is the case) he’d be a base game for Ult DX, I dont think Xenoblade 3 will be out by then and his popularity will help ensure demand

maybe we’ll get Sans too
You gave me an idea what we could speculate on.

So, assuming we got an Ultimate DX. What characters do you guys think would be the most likely for such an updated version and port of the game?

As you already mentioned Rex would be one of them.

Others I feel would probably be Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Isaac, and Waluigi. Perhaps Spring Man, and Shadow too.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think it's dumb that there's no non-imput way to do the GO moves. Make them weaker and slower, sure, but they should be an option for dumb smash fans who's minds melt at the idea of a QCF

(source: dumb smash fan who's mind melts at the idea of a QCF).
With how ridiculous these GO moves are, giving non-input ways would probably be broken.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

I collected trivia about Space Invaders so that the content helps to better look at its chances. If you know of other elements, you're welcome to share them!
• Nintendo decided to go into the video game business when Space Invader appeared.*
• Hiroshi Yamauchi created the Famicom after making Space Invaders the subject of study among his employees, which caused them to become obsessed.*
• Shigeru Miyamoto stated that he wasn't interested in video games until he discovers Space Invaders. He considers this game to have revolutionized the video game industry.*
• Satoru Iwata's interest in making video games grew in 1978, when the Space Invaders boom took hold.*
• Masahiro Sakurai mentioned Space Invaders when he commented on the TV-Game 15 assist trophee in Smash Bros.*
• Masahiro Sakurai using Space Invaders in his talk on GDC Risk and Return from 500th column Famitsu livestream.*, °
• Masahiro Sakurai showcased some of his creations in Dragon Quest Builders 2. He "starts" on a Space Invaders sprite and ends by showing off the Super Smash Bros logo; would this be a parallel to his own journey in gaming? The invader boom occured in Japan when Sakurai was 8 years old.*

• Sheriff is a game influenced by Space Invaders; it appears in the Smash Bros series since Melee (except Brawl).*
• Galaxian is a game influenced by Space Invaders; Boss Galaga and 4 Galaxian sprites appear in the Smash Bros series since Sm4sh.*
• Taito appears in the Sm4sh and Ultimate credits. Taito's in-house sound department Zuntata has made six music remixes: Kapp'n's Song, The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley, Wii Shop Channel (Remix), Staff Credits - Kirby's Dream Land, We Are Robots (Dr.Wily Stage 2) and Splattack! (Remix). Orville, the protagonist of Takt of Magic, appears as a spirit.*
• Space Invaders is one of the few series to appear on Virtual Boy, with the Bomberman and Shin Megami Tensei series.*

• Space Invaders series sales grossed over $14 billion, making it the 7th highest grossing series of all time, behind Mario, Pokémon, Call of Duty, Dungeon Fighter Online, Wii Series and Pac-Man.*, °
• Space Invaders is inducted into the World Video Game Hall of Fame, with Mario, Super Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon Red & Green, Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac-Man, Street Fighter II, Final Fantasy VII and Minecraft.*
• Space Invaders is part of the Totaku figurine collection which parallel to Amiibo, with Sonic, Ryu, Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Man and Pac-Man.*
I would be completely shocked if Space Invaders did not get any content in Ultimate
Space invader is one of the 3 oldest japanese series not yet represented in smash the other 2 are Dragon Slayer and Nobunaga's Ambition
Taito, Falcom, Koei and Activision are the oldest companies (that still exist and develop games) who don't have content yet
I think Falcom Activision and Koei will get content so I hope that Taito gets something.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Crown Tundra is out we don't have to pretend that Urshifu is likely anymore.

If a Gen 8 pokemon gets in it will probably be a base game character.
Likely or not, Urshifu could still be dope.

Also, he'd bring what this games needs the most.

More bears :4pacman:

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Here's my idea for an Ultimate Deluxe:
  • Unique Newcomers:
    • Waluigi
    • Bandana Waddle Dee (assuming he's not DeeLC)
    • Ring Fit Adventurer
    • Issac
    • Spring Man (Easy semi-clone of Min Min)
    • Jill Valentine
    • Pokemon from whatever the newest generation is at the time (assuming we don't get a Gen 8 Pokemon as DLC or that's not the most recent generation)
  • Echo Fighters:
    • Octoling
    • Dixie Kong
    • Shadow
    • Leon S. Kennedy
  • New Stages for Resident Evil, Ring Fit Adventure, and Golden Sun.
  • Piranha Plant and the Fighter's Pass characters are added to the unlock cycle.
  • Smash Run is brought back with three possible maps, 4-player local split-screen, online, and (if the system can handle it) the ability to interact on the map.
  • Remove the Waluigi, Spring Man, and Issac assist trophies, add assist trophies for the series that were added as DLC and Resident Evil, give ARMS and Golden Sun new assist trophies
  • Add Gen 8 and possibly Gen 9 Pokemon to Pokeballs

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here's my take on a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Special Edition, assuming that my predicted line-up (Geno, Ryu Hayabusa, Dante, Impa) for Fighters Pass 2 comes to pass. (which seems pretty unlikely, but I don't want to cut the Ultimate line-up off at Steve)

For simplicity's sake, I'm sticking with ten unique newcomers and a few echoes - it's not a ton of characters, but if this is an upgraded version of Ultimate, I don't think there will be a ton of new characters to begin with. (ten unique ones already seems like a bit much)

-all DLC characters, DLC stages, DLC Mii costumes, event spirits, etc. are part of the base game now

-a new Fire Emblem character - this seems inevitable. On the off chance that a new Fire Emblem game isn't announced between now and whenever this would come out, then Edelgard? I'm not super familiar with Fire Emblem as a whole, but Three Houses seems to be a big deal, and while I haven't played all of the storylines, Edelgard seems to play a major role regardless of which one you pick. (unlike Claude, who doesn't do much in the Black Eagle route)

-a new Pokemon - again, this seems inevitable. On the extremely small chance that a new Pokemon game isn't announced between now and whenever this comes out, I'm way out of date when it comes to Pokemon, but maybe Toxtricity? It seems popular enough to stand out among the current generation of Pokemon.

-a new Xenoblade character - I'm not sure if Xenoblade Chronicles 3 or X2 will have been announced by this point, or if they'd have made a Xenoblade Chronicles X: Definitive Edition. I don't know where they'd be going with the series, but if we get a Definitive Edition of XCX, I could see Elma being included.

-Bandanna Waddle Dee - despite some people dismissing him as generic, he seems fairly popular regardless of which region you're talking about, and it seems like it would be easy enough to adapt his moves into Smash.

-Heihachi Mishima - I'm honestly surprised that we don't have any Tekken characters in Smash Bros. yet.

-Rayman - it seems weird to me that Nintendo's gone out of their way to get permission to use him twice, and yet he's only been included as various collectibles.

-Crash Bandicoot - it seems unlikely that Activision's revival of the franchise is going to stop here, given its popularity and their tendency to milk anything that's successful until it's dry. (as seen with Call of Duty and Guitar Hero) Plus, Crash in Smash seems like it would be a big deal.

-Sans - if the announcement of Sans as a Mii costume broke the internet, imagine what the announcement of Sans as a full fighter would do.

-Travis Touchdown - between Travis Strikes Again being announced alongside the Switch, No More Heroes 1 and 2 getting Switch-exclusive ports (with No More Heroes 2 being exclusive to Nintendo consoles in general), and No More Heroes 3 being a Switch exclusive, the series seems pretty close to Nintendo in general. (plus, Suda's wanted Travis in Smash for over ten years at this point - give the man what he wants!)

-Vergil - because Vergil's contractually obligated to be in the special edition of any game that Dante's in Dixie Kong - because she seems like the last "core" DK character that hasn't been included yet.

-Octoling (echo fighter) - this seems kind of obvious, and if we don't get an Octoling echo fighter by the time that the next Smash game rolls around, I'll be surprised given the series' popularity and the fact that the Octolings in particular were popular enough to get their own DLC.

-Tails (echo fighter) - this could go to Shadow, but I'm trying to avoid assist trophy upgrades. Tails would probably stretch the definition of an echo fighter, since like Chrom, he'd have a different recovery, and like Ken, a few of his regular moves would be different, but he started out imitating Sonic, so I figure this could call back to that.

-Jeanne (echo fighter) - seems easy enough to do, since she's basically an echo fighter already in the source material

-Proto Man (echo fighter) - again, pretty similar to the source material

-Liquid Snake (echo fighter) - he and Snake are literally clones of the same person, they have similar hand-to-hand fighting styles, and in the heat of battle, it seems like it would be easier to differentiate between him and Solid Snake compared to Big Boss and Solid Snake.

So this would be the line-up (it worked out to be a rectangle by sheer coincidence - I was just trying to make it so all of the original 12 were on the top row, and Dark Samus's inclusion made it 13 characters instead):

-new stages: maybe one for each unique character, though depending on who's chosen, I'm not sure if we'd get a new Fire Emblem or Pokemon stage.

-new modes: Boss Rush (fight through a gauntlet of bosses with healing in between), All-Star Mode (a proper one this time), and Boss Rematch mode (fight individual bosses to practice)

-new bosses: Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII), Rugal Bernstein (King of Fighters), the Immaculate One (Fire Emblem: Three Houses), Death Egg Robot (Sonic) and Gruntilda (Banjo-Kazooie), with new spirits to go along with Sephiroth (normal and One Winged Angel), the Immaculate One, the Death Egg Robot, and Rugal. (I would have gone with Geese for the SNK boss, but he uses a lot of counters, and from what I recall, you can't grab bosses)

-new Assist Trophies: Futaba, Slime, Mumbo Jumbo, Geese Howard, Rhea, Dr. Coyle, Creeper, Mallow, Ayane, Nero, Hubert, Magolor, Kazuya Mishima, Globox, Dr. Cortex, Papyrus, Henry

-new areas in Subspace Emissary:
  • an SNK area (containing matches against Terry, Heihachi, and Min Min, along with some of their related spirits, along with a boss fight against Rugal)
  • Midgar (Cloud's match is moved here, while a fight with Impa takes its place in the Zelda area; some new Final Fantasy spirits, matches against Cloud, Hero, Sans, and Joker, and a boss fight with Sephiroth)
  • Garreg Mach Monastery (matches against Byleth and Edelgard, and the Three Houses spirits, along with a boss fight with The Immaculate One)
  • Gruntilda's Lair. (matches against Banjo-Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot, and Steve, and the related spirits, along with a boss fight against Gruntilda)

Other newcomers will be spread throughout pre-existing areas, down newly-added side paths. (ex. Travis in the city, Bandanna Waddle Dee in Gourmet Race, Liquid Snake in the area where you unlock Snake, etc.)

-new songs and spirits tied to the new fighters, if necessary, along with some new Final Fantasy spirits. (ideally, covering a variety of games in the series, rather than just FF7)

-new Mii costumes tied to the fighters, especially the ones that come from new series

-make Hazardless an option on the Stage Select screen, rather than having to go through the options menu

-Palutena's Guidance for all of the playable characters

I'm not sure if this is super realistic, and some of the new Nintendo characters are sort of placeholders, but if they're building off of Ultimate, I could see a similar amount of content being added, at least. I'm assuming that this would take the place of a full-fledged sequel on a new system, since it's going to be hard to top "everyone is here", and making a sequel would likely require that quite a few characters get cut for time and licensing reasons.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
-
Character's repped: May be quoted and upgraded.

Konami: Frogger, Bomberman (Hudson Soft, RIP), Pitfall
Activisition: Crash, Spyro
Square Enix: Lara Croft, Sora
Falcom: Adol
Ubisoft: Rayman, Ezio

Capcom: Leon Kennedy/Jill Valentine, Danta, Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu
Bethesda: Doomguy
Blizzard: Tracer, ANYONE Warcraft earned it
Koei-Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa

Sega: Aiai
Nether Realm: Scorpion, (echo) Sub Zero
Bandai Namco: Agumon, Heihachi, Nightmare
Rockstar: CJ/alts
Sony: Kratos, ...not sure what their next biggest game is
Microsoft: Master Chief

NINTENDO: Balloon Fighter; Ring Fit Adventure, Captain Toad, Excite Bike, Lip
Retro: Dixie Kong
Skip LTD: Chibi Robo
Gamefreak: Eevee, Team Rocket
Monolith: -------------
Camelot: Isaac
Intelligent Systems: Andy, Paper Mario
SInce people were asking- the colors are for companies with their own character in Smash (Microsoft could go red, in theory). It wasn't exactly to build on as much as the characters who would give me general fulfillment.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
- Tons of people posting Octoling as a good idea for an Echo fighter for an Ultimate Deluxe

45pghxwpxgs21.jpg

Nice to see this thread having quality taste.

Anyhoo, my take on an Ultimate Deluxe is a little hard to say given Ultimate isn't done yet. I think for me personally, I'd have to wait and see what this game's completed state looked like before requesting anything or doing a write-up for what I would expect to see next time.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
- Tons of people posting Octoling as a good idea for an Echo fighter for an Ultimate Deluxe

View attachment 290979

Nice to see this thread having quality taste.

Anyhoo, my take on an Ultimate Deluxe is a little hard to say given Ultimate isn't done yet. I think for me personally, I'd have to wait and see what this game's completed state looked like before requesting anything or doing a write-up for what I would expect to see next time.
I really liked the one “Wolf style” Octoling Echo idea I saw a few pages back. Same normals but different specials (Charger, Dualies, Brella, Splatling)

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I personally don't have any issues with the quarter circles, Just roll the control stick forward. That's also why Power Geyser doesn't bug me that much; Just swing the control stick from side to side.

What really irks me is the dragon punch input. Those are just asking to be messes up. Buster Wolf too; Keep messing it up with the Burn Knuckle. Just give me a simple two-direction input from standard moves (Down-forward, back-forward, down-up, etc.), and I'll be good.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I've refined my Ultimate DX concept I technically already posted one but this time I have more and I have some more fleshed out thoughts

Ultimate Predictions + DX Roster.png

The first 4 are my Fighters pass 2 Wishlist but if I was going realistic replace Sakura with Hayabusa but this is my list and I do what I want.

-Inteleon: A gen 8 pokemon while Controversial could give us that James Bond Moveset that many have wanted
-Ring Fit Trainer: A New IP that has made a splash with the world and they could bring some unique mechanics
-Octoling: While I think Octoling could be an Echo, I think that Octolings could be unique from Inkling with a focus on the Splatoon 2 Arsenal
-Rex + Pyra: I only think Rex has a decent chance at Ultimate DX because he was namedropped and also could bring more Xenoblade content
-Bandanna Dee: Self-explanatory
-Bomberman: Easily one of the most requested Assist promotions I've seen
-Tiki: I want this because Tiki would be rad and can rep several FE games
-Isaac: Another highly popular Assist Promotion
-Frisk: I wouldn't call it a stretch to say that Undertale is one of if not the Most Popular Indie games of all time, The inclusion of Sans and the fact that Sakurai seems friendly with Toby Fox makes frisk highly likely IMO

Echoes:
-Impa: Self-explanatory
-Shadow: Another popular Assist who could hold their own but this time as an Echo
-Roll: A relatively unexpected pick but Roll could very well be a clone of Mega Man
-Jeanne (NOT PICTURED): Self-Explanatory
-Zack (NOT PICTUED): Zack is just interesting cloud but I do not actually think he has a great chance but It would be very cool

Stages:
-Galar Wild Area
-In The First Place
-Argentum Trade Guild
-The Ruins
-Harmony Square
-New Horizons

Assists:
-Jack Frost
-Stella (DQIX)
-Mumbo Jumbo
-Nakoruru
-Pillager Raid
-Crunch
-Mym
-Joshua Bright
-Seijuro Kamiyama
-Allegra
-Jin
-Sans and Papyrus
-Jill Valentine

Pokeball:
-Zarude
-Perrserker
-Toxtricity
-Hatterene
-Orbeetle
-Calyrex
-Urshifu
-Scorbunny
-Dragapult

Bosses:
-Grima
-Cyberdemon
-Ender Dragon
-Hedlok Dr. Coyle

Modes:
-World Of Light would get an expansion that includes all the DLC fighters, Newcomers, and Spirits that came with them and that came with the post launch spirit events, If a character appeared in WOL as a spirit their battles are replaced with their awakening, And then some new spirits both attatched to existing characters and some that are not
-Squad Strike Online
-Coin Battle
-Conquests
-Stage builder additions
-Spirit Smash: A mode reminiscent of Street Smash but with Spirits instead and each spirit has their own unique properties and the entire mode gets a huge overhaul
-Spirit Display Cases

Misc:
-New Mii costumes and songs
-A new opening movie ofc
-Small Battlefield Variations of each stage.
-Challenge boss Spirits

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I've refined my Ultimate DX concept I technically already posted one but this time I have more and I have some more fleshed out thoughts

View attachment 290978

The first 4 are my Fighters pass 2 Wishlist but if I was going realistic replace Sakura with Hayabusa but this is my list and I do what I want.

-Inteleon: A gen 8 pokemon while Controversial could give us that James Bond Moveset that many have wanted
-Ring Fit Trainer: A New IP that has made a splash with the world and they could bring some unique mechanics
-Octoling: While I think Octoling could be an Echo, I think that Octolings could be unique from Inkling with a focus on the Splatoon 2 Arsenal
-Rex + Pyra: I only think Rex has a decent chance at Ultimate DX because he was namedropped and also could bring more Xenoblade content
-Bandanna Dee: Self-explanatory
-Bomberman: Easily one of the most requested Assist promotions I've seen
-Tiki: I want this because Tiki would be rad and can rep several FE games
-Isaac: Another highly popular Assist Promotion
-Frisk: I wouldn't call it a stretch to say that Undertale is one of if not the Most Popular Indie games of all time, The inclusion of Sans and the fact that Sakurai seems friendly with Toby Fox makes frisk highly likely IMO

Echoes:
-Impa: Self-explanatory
-Shadow: Another popular Assist who could hold their own but this time as an Echo
-Roll: A relatively unexpected pick but Roll could very well be a clone of Mega Man
-Jeanne (NOT PICTURED): Self-Explanatory
-Zack (NOT PICTUED): Zack is just interesting cloud but I do not actually think he has a great chance but It would be very cool

Stages:
-Galar Wild Area
-In The First Place
-Argentum Trade Guild
-The Ruins
-Harmony Square

Assists:
-Jack Frost
-Stella (DQIX)
-Mumbo Jumbo
-Nakoruru
-Pillager Raid
-Crunch
-Mym
-Joshua Bright
-Seijuro Kamiyama
-Allegra
-Jin
-Sans and Papyrus
-Jill Valentine

Pokeball:
-Zarude
-Perrserker
-Toxtricity
-Hatterene
-Orbeetle
-Calyrex
-Urshifu
-Scorbunny
-Dragapult

Bosses:
-Grima
-Cyberdemon
-Ender Dragon
-Hedlok Dr. Coyle

Modes:
-World Of Light would get an expansion that includes all the DLC fighters, Newcomers, and Spirits that came with them and that came with the post launch spirit events, If a character appeared in WOL as a spirit their battles are replaced with their awakening, And then some new spirits both attatched to existing characters and some that are not
-Squad Strike Online
-Coin Battle
-Conquests
-Stage builder additions
-Spirit Smash: A mode reminiscent of Street Smash but with Spirits instead and each spirit has their own unique properties and the entire mode gets a huge overhaul
-Spirit Display Cases

Misc:
-New Mii costumes and songs
-A new opening movie ofc
-Small Battlefield Variations of each stage.
-Challenge boss Spirits
Ayyyy love your take on Octolings too

I guess Spirit Display Cases includes lore blurbs like how Melee, Brawl and 4’s Trophies had?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom