• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
My Ultimate DX includes

Newcomers not including fpass 2
Inteleon
Ring Fit
Octoling
Bomberman
Tiki
Isaac
Frisk

Echoes:
Impa (E)
Shadow (E)
Roll (E)

Stages:
Galar Wild Area
In The First Place
Central Station
The Ruins (Undertale)

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I wonder how Poké Floats would work with Stage Morph. Also going forward I don't expect anything at the Game Awards. This is how I personally imagine the remaining DLC being announced:
  • Mid January-Early February: CP8
  • June: CP9 & 10
  • Early October-Early November: CP11

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also for new stages.

Megaton Championship (Bandana Dee)
Wumpa Islands (Crash Bandicoot); Traveling Stage
Mira (Elma); Traveling Stage
Venus Lighthouse (Isaac)
Courtroom (Phoenix Wright)
Waluigi Pinball (Waluigi)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So... why did we stopped talking about Ultimate and straight up moved on to the next game?

There are still four characters left of the second pass.
Because we've pretty much have ran out of speculation regarding who the next character(s) could be. All we do know is there's a likely chance of Ryu Hayabusa being among the four.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
9/10

Rate my Ultimate DX (this is brand new content only):

Unique Fighters
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Bandana Dee
  • Toxtricity
  • Euden
  • Sakura Shinguji
Echo Fighters
  • Black Shadow (#11ε)
  • Shadow the Hedgehog (#38)
  • Alph (#40ε)
  • Ninjara (#76ε)
  • Sakura Amamiya
New Assist Trophies
  • Pokémon Ranger
  • Hanneman
  • Bald Bull
  • Cactuar
  • Futaba Sakura
  • Golem (Dragon Quest)
  • Mumbo Jumbo
  • Nakoruru
  • Creeper
  • Dr. Neo Cortex
  • Ichiro Ogami
New Stages
  • N. Sanity Beach
  • Dream Palace
  • Wyndon
  • Halidom
  • Grand Imperial Theater
Returning Stages
  • Rainbow Road
  • Wooly World
  • Poké Floats
  • Mute City (Melee)
  • PAC-MAZE
Going with 8/10 for my personal ranking here. I respect the unique fighter inclusions even if I haven't actually played a game with any of them in it, and Shadow and Alph would make me personally very happy. The real star of the show here is the stages. Ten additional stages, nine of which I've never played on? Sounds good to me.

Although the two Sakuras are an interesting situation. Fighters have never had their last names listed before, but in this case I'd guess they'd have to, huh?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Newcomers for my Ultimate DX.

Newcomers:
Bandana Dee
Crash Bandicoot
Elma
Isaac
Phoenix Wright
Waluigi

Echos:
Black Shadow
Dixie Kong (:ultchrom:style)
Impa
Medusa
Octoling
Shadow the Hedgehog

Bandana Dee, Dixie, Isaac, Shadow, and Waluigi is for the fans.
pretty good~!

I'd probably replace Waluigi with Neku but that's just me

also i like that my idea of spirit promotions in vanilla Ult having WoL awakening battles in Ult DX is catching on

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Seeing as at this point, we're never ever getting my most wanted first party character, I've decided to make a moveset for her. Oh boy, a 9th Fire Emblem character.
Introducing Lyn from Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade,
Lyn Splash art.png
Introducing Lyndis, better known by her nickname Lyn, from Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade! Her unbelievable popularity has finally earned her a spot within the pantheon of Smash characters, and with her inclusion, a brand new kind of playstyle!

Lyn blitzes onto the scene with the blazing speed of the wind itself. Her speed and mobility is unparalleled, having more ways to move about the battlefield than any other character in the cast. With her nigh uncontrollable speed and her frail frame though, her power comes at a cost. She reflects her original character archetype, a high-risk/high-reward character that has overall weak attacks, but critically important killing blows. Invest in Lyn, and her strength will grow proportional to your skill.
01 Introduction
Multiple after-images of Lyn converge to form one whole Lyn who gets ready to strike.

02 Stance
Lyn has her basic Lord stance.

03 Crouch
Kneels one leg on the floor while she has her hand hovering over her blade ready to strike.

04 Idle 1
Lyn briefly tenses up and assumes her Blade Lord stance.

05 Idle 2
Lyn fluffs her giant ponytail.

06 Sprint
Lyn sprints forward while clutching the sheath of her katana behind her.

07 Double Jump
Lyn flips forward or backwards.

08 Wall Jump
Lyn kicks off the wall.

09 Taunt 1
Lyn takes out her katana and points it at the enemy saying "I'll cut you down!" before stylishly sheathing her katana.

10 Taunt 2
Lyn holds the sheathed katana to the ground saying "I've no mercy for you."

11 Taunt 3
Lyn holds the sheathed katana and points at the enemy "If you want to run, do so now."

12 Victory 1
Lady of the Plains
Lyn starts mid-air firing an arrow at the ground, landing and aiming the bow at the camera.

13 Victory 2
Blade Lord
Lyn splits into 5 after images and leaps into the air striking at the camera.

14 Victory 3
We Need Disguises...
A brown cloak descends from the sky wherein Lyn grabs it and clothes herself in it.

15 Defeat
Sorry Mark
Lyn happily claps for the victor.

16 Victory Theme
Winning Road
The first 7 seconds of Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade's version of "Winning Road"
17 Kirby Hat
Sacaen Style
Kirby has Lyn's green ponytail.
01 Shield
Pavise
Lyn holds up her sheath and braces her other forearm against it.

02 Parry
Aegis
Lyn blocks the attack by half-pulling out the katana.

03 Shield Broken
Confusion
Lyn has her hand over her forehead as stars circle her head.

04 Sleeping
Sleep
Lyn sleeps clutching the sheath on her shoulder.

05 Forward Dodge
Repel
Lyn dives forward

06 Backwards Dodge
Close Call
Lyn backflips into position.

07 Spot Dodge
Miss!
Lyn twists and turns briefly almost not moving at all

08 Air Dodge
Blessing of Sacae
Lyn twirls in the air deftly moving away from incoming attacks.

09 Ledge Attack
Vengeance
Lyn flips over and does a vertical slash downwards.

10 Get-up attack
Defiant Attack
Lyn spins around hitting people on both sides with her katana.
00 Shield Special
Law of Sacae
Lyn turns her back towards the camera and flickers, creating an afterimage of herself that repeats her actions but with a half-second delay. As this is an extremely powerful maneuver, it does have a few stipulations: It takes a long time to activate making using it unfeasible unless given ample time, it only lasts for 15 seconds, it vanishes upon shielding, vanishes upon grabbing an enemy, unlike Arsene it has a hurtbox and is destroyed upon any contact with damage, and if the original Lyn takes damage the clone is destroyed.

01 Neutral Special
Galeforce
Lyn goes into an exaggerated iai stance and prepares to strike. From here, pressing in any direction will have Lyn teleport to that position. She can teleport twice before she is forced to either cancel the attack or commit to the strike. Letting go of the special button will have Lyn unsheath her sword and strike with her katana imbued with wind. If she hits, she can immediately go back into the stance, but if she misses she goes into free-fall with significant ending lag.

02 Side Special
Astra
Lyn draws her blade and points it forward. She then flickers, splitting into 3 after-images and dashes forward in a flurry of blade strikes, anyone caught in the middle of dash is caught in a storm of sword slashes which throw the enemy in front of Lyn.

03 Down Special
Wind Sword
Lyn quickly unsheathes and resheaths her katana, creating a sphere of razor wind a set distance away that knocks enemies up for further followups. Similar to Palutena, doing the smash input changes the distance of the sphere of razor wind.

04 Up Special
Mulagir
Lyn dashes forward and disappears, teleporting to whereever the left stick is pointed. She reapears with Mulagir, her nation's legendary bow, and fires an incredibly fast and strong arrow. If she's on the ground, she'll fire it straight forwards, if she's in the air, she'll fire it diagonally downwards.
01 Jab
Adept
Attacks once with an inwards strike with the sheath of the katana, follws up with an outwards strike of the sheath, and then ends the attack with a single diagonal iaijutsu strike, before resheathing her blade.

Mashing the button uses her jab infinite, a flurry of sword strikes before she sheathes the blade.

02 Forward Tilt
Mani Katti
An advancing completely horizontal iaijutsu strike. Has speed, range, and impressive power, but an extremely narrow hitbox.

03 Down Tilt
Desperation
Lyn does a sweeping iaijutsu strike that comes out relatively fast and attacks at the enemy's feet.

04 Up Tilt
Killing Edge
Lyn does a vertical iaijutsu strike, serving as a launcher for anyone on the ground and an anti-air for anyone caught in the air

05 Dash Attack
Rapier
While Lyn dashes, she suddenly stabs forward into the enemy.
01 Forward Smash
Brave Sword.
Lyn leans back and prepares to strike. Upon release, she does a triple strike involving a leaping upwards iaijutsu strike, a quick stab, and finishing with a wide horizontal sweep while dashing forward and past the enemy.

02 Down Smash
Blazing Wind
Lyn adapts a wide stance and prepares to strike. Upon releases, she does a 360 degrees iai strike.

03 Up Smash
Wyrmslayer
Lyn crouches down and prepares to jump. Upon release, she leaps into the air while striking simultaneously.
01 Neutral Aerial
Tempest Blade
Lyn spins diagonally upwards, slicing all those around her and launching them forward and up for further continued combos.

02 Forward Aerial
Swordfaire
A single powerful forward strike that's extremely fast but very narrow.

03 Back Aerial
Vantage
Lyn back flips and does an upside down bicycle kick at anyone behind her. There's a sweetspot at the end of the attack that spikes enemies straight downwards.

04 Down Aerial
Sol Katti
A two part down air which consists of an initial hit where Lyn swings the katana doing a vertical flip, spiking anyone caught. An additional button press has Lyn follow up with a falling air attack downwards slamming the katana into the earth (or flying off the edge).

05 Up Aerial
Brash Assault
Lyn does a sweeping double kick into the air.
01 Grab
Provoke
Reachs out with her right hand and grips them by the collar.

02 Pummel
Blunt Sword
Jabs them in the gut with the pommel of the katana.

03 Forward Throw
Smite
Lyn does does a lunging straight with the pommel with all the force she can muster, sending the enemy a short distance but low to the ground, setting up for further attacks

04 Back Throw
Regal Blade
Lyn dashes behind the opponent and stabs backwards with the katana, an extremely powerful kill throw that ends stocks early.

05 Down Throw
Armorslayer
Lyn spins in the air with her leg out, landing on the opponent with a fierce axe kick, popping enemies up for further comboes.

06 Up Throw
Lancereaver
Lyn leaps into the air kneeing the opponent in the face. An effective kill option at high percents.
01 Final Smash
She imbues her katana with the power of wind and strikes horizontally across the entire stage. Her follow-up animation will change depending on if they were hit in the air or on the ground.

By Mother Earth
On the ground, the closest person hit will have Lyn teleport to them and unleash an unrelenting flurry of attacks finishing with her striking the opponent with 4 after-images. Damage and knockback is only applied once she resheaths her sword.

By Father Sky
In the air, the closest person hit will have Lyn teleport next to them. She then splits into 5 after-images which all surround the enemy and rapidly strike them one by one, finishing with the real Lyn slicing through the opponent. Damage and knockback is only applied once she resheaths her sword.
Lyn's head, complete with her remarkable ponytail and her jewelery.
Stock Icon @ Voyager.png
Source
The stage is the plains of Sacae, Lyn's homeland.
Stage.png
The main platform is the top of a tent supported by wooden poles.
Her skins are based off of a number of female myrmidons/swordmasters throughout the series.
Colors.png

1. Lyn from Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
2. Ayra from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
3. Mareeta from Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
4. Fir from Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
5. Marisa from Fire Emblem: The Sacred STones
6. Mia from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
7. Say'ri from Fire Emblem: Awakening
8. Hina from Fire Emblem: Fates
Lyn's songs, instead of just being from her game, serve as a "greatest hits" series of songs that serve to fill in the gaps of popular Fire Emblem songs that were not included in Smash Bros.

Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light/Mystery of the Emblem/Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem
Each Map's Beginning (Trouble!)
Endless Battle
On the Path to Victory
Gaiden/Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Twilight of the Gods
What Lies at the End
Genealogy of the Holy War
The Final Holy War
Thracia 776
Applying Justice
The Binding Blade
Attack!
The Blazing Blade
Wind Across the Plains
Companions
The Sacred Stones
Determination
Truth, Despair, and Hope
Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
With Us/Stalwarts Unite
Beauty is a Mad Mistress
Awakening
Divine Decree
Don't Speak Her Name
Mastermind
Fates
Dusk Falls
Justice RIP
Alight
Road Taken
Three Houses
Corridors of the Tempest
Shackled Wolves
God Shattering Star
Heroes
Book II Boss Theme
Book III Boss Theme
Book IV Boss Theme
As you can see from my profile picture, I took a lot of inspiration from another beloved character of mine.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Seeing as at this point, we're never ever getting my most wanted first party character, I've decided to make a moveset for her. Oh boy, a 9th Fire Emblem character.
View attachment 290945
Introducing Lyndis, better known by her nickname Lyn, from Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade! Her unbelievable popularity has finally earned her a spot within the pantheon of Smash characters, and with her inclusion, a brand new kind of playstyle!

Lyn blitzes onto the scene with the blazing speed of the wind itself. Her speed and mobility is unparalleled, having more ways to move about the battlefield than any other character in the cast. With her nigh uncontrollable speed and her frail frame though, her power comes at a cost. She reflects her original character archetype, a high-risk/high-reward character that has overall weak attacks, but critically important killing blows. Invest in Lyn, and her strength will grow proportional to your skill.
01 Introduction
Multiple after-images of Lyn converge to form one whole Lyn who gets ready to strike.

02 Stance

03 Crouch
Kneels one leg on the floor while she has her hand hovering over her blade ready to strike.

04 Idle 1

05 Idle 2

06 Sprint

07 Double Jump

08 Wall Jump
Lyn kicks off the wall.

09 Taunt 1
Lyn takes out her katana and points it at the enemy saying "I'll cut you down!" before stylishly sheathing her katana.

10 Taunt 2

11 Taunt 3
Lyn holds the sheathed katana and points at the enemy "If you want to run, do so now."

12 Victory 1
Lady of the Plains
Lyn starts mid-air firing an arrow at the ground, landing and aiming the bow at the camera.

13 Victory 2
Blade Lord

14 Victory 3
We Need Disguises...
A brown cloak descends from the sky wherein Lyn grabs it and clothes herself in it.

15 Defeat
Sorry Mark

16 Victory Theme
Winning Road
17 Kirby Hat
Sacaen Style
01 Shield
Pavise

02 Parry
Aegis

03 Shield Broken
Confusion

04 Sleeping
Sleep

05 Forward Dodge
Repel
Lyn dives forward

06 Backwards Dodge
Close Call

07 Spot Dodge
Miss!

08 Air Dodge
Blessing of Sacae

09 Ledge Attack
Vengeance

10 Get-up attack
Defiant Attack
00 Shield Special
Law of Sacae
Lyn turns her back towards the camera and flickers, creating an afterimage of herself that repeats her actions but with a half-second delay. As this is an extremely powerful maneuver, it does have a few stipulations: It takes a long time to activate making using it unfeasible unless given ample time, it only lasts for 15 seconds, it vanishes upon shielding, vanishes upon grabbing an enemy, unlike Arsene it has a hurtbox and is destroyed upon any contact with damage, and if the original Lyn takes damage the clone is destroyed.

01 Neutral Special
Galeforce
Lyn goes into an exaggerated iai stance and prepares to strike. From here, pressing in any direction will have Lyn teleport to that position. She can teleport twice before she is forced to either cancel the attack or commit to the strike. Letting go of the special button will have Lyn unsheath her sword and strike with her katana imbued with wind. If she hits, she can immediately go back into the stance, but if she misses she goes into free-fall with significant ending lag.

02 Side Special
Astra
Lyn draws her blade and points it forward. She then flickers, splitting into 3 after-images and dashes forward in a flurry of blade strikes, anyone caught in the middle of dash is caught in a storm of sword slashes which throw the enemy in front of Lyn.

03 Down Special
Wind Sword
Lyn quickly unsheathes and resheaths her katana, creating a sphere of razor wind a set distance away that knocks enemies up for further followups. Similar to Palutena, doing the smash input changes the distance of the sphere of razor wind.

04 Up Special
Mulagir
Lyn dashes forward and disappears, teleporting to whereever the left stick is pointed. She reapears with Mulagir, her nation's legendary bow, and fires an incredibly fast and strong arrow. If she's on the ground, she'll fire it straight forwards, if she's in the air, she'll fire it diagonally downwards.
01 Jab
Adept
Attacks once with an inwards strike with the sheath of the katana, follws up with an outwards strike of the sheath, and then ends the attack with a single diagonal iaijutsu strike, before resheathing her blade.

02 Forward Tilt
Mani Katti
An advancing completely horizontal iaijutsu strike. Has speed, range, and impressive power, but an extremely narrow hitbox.

03 Down Tilt
Desperation
Lyn does a sweeping iaijutsu strike that comes out relatively fast and attacks at the enemy's feet.

04 Up Tilt
Killing Edge
Lyn does a vertical iaijutsu strike, serving as a launcher for anyone on the ground and an anti-air for anyone caught in the air

05 Dash Attack
Rapier
01 Forward Smash
Brave Sword.
Lyn leans back and prepares to strike. Upon release, she does a triple strike involving a leaping upwards iaijutsu strike, a quick stab, and finishing with a wide horizontal sweep while dashing forward and past the enemy.

02 Down Smash
Blazing Wind
Lyn adapts a wide stance and prepares to strike. Upon releases, she does a 360 degrees iai strike.

03 Up Smash
Wyrmslayer
Lyn crouches down and prepares to jump. Upon release, she leaps into the air while striking simultaneously.
01 Neutral Aerial
Tempest Blade
Lyn spins diagonally upwards, slicing all those around her and launching them forward and up for further continued combos.

02 Forward Aerial
Swordfaire

03 Back Aerial
Vantage
Lyn does a back flips and does an upside down bicycle kick at anyone behind her. There's a sweetspot at the end of the attack that spikes enemies straight downwards.

04 Down Aerial
Sol Katti
A two part down air which consists of an initial hit where Lyn swings the katana doing a vertical flip, spiking anyone caught. An additional button press has Lyn follow up with a falling air attack downwards slamming the katana into the earth (or flying off the edge).

05 Up Aerial
Brash Assault
01 Grab
Provoke

02 Pummel
Blunt Sword

03 Forward Throw
Smite
Lyn does does a lunging straight with the pommel with all the force she can muster, sending the enemy a short distance but low to the ground, setting up for further attacks

04 Back Throw
Regal Blade
Lyn dashes behind the opponent and stabs backwards with the katana, an extremely powerful kill throw that ends stocks early.

05 Down Throw
Armorslayer
Lyn spins in the air with her leg out, landing on the opponent with a fierce axe kick, popping enemies up for further comboes.

06 Up Throw
Lancereaver
Lyn leaps into the air kneeing the opponent in the face. An effective kill option at high percents.
01 Final Smash
She imbues her katana with the power of wind and strikes horizontally across the entire stage. Her follow-up animation will change depending on if they were hit in the air or on the ground.

By Mother Earth
On the ground, the closest person hit will have Lyn teleport to them and unleash an unrelenting flurry of attacks finishing with her striking the opponent with 4 after-images. Damage and knockback is only applied once she resheaths her sword.

By Father Sky
In the air, the closest person hit will have Lyn teleport next to them. She then splits into 5 after-images which all surround the enemy and rapidly strike them one by one, finishing with the real Lyn slicing through the opponent. Damage and knockback is only applied once she resheaths her sword.
View attachment 290946
Source
View attachment 290947
Her skins are based off of a number of female myrmidons/swordmasters throughout the series.
View attachment 290948
Lyn's songs, instead of just being from her game, serve as a "greatest hits" series of songs that serve to fill in the gaps of popular Fire Emblem songs that were not included in Smash Bros.

Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light/Mystery of the Emblem/Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem
Endless Battle
On the Path to Victory
Twilight of the Gods
What Lies at the End
The Final Holy War
Thracia 776
Applying Justice
The Binding Blade
Attack!
The Blazing Blade
Wind Across the Plains
Companions
The Sacred Stones
Determination
Truth, Despair, and Hope
With Us/Stalwarts Unite
Beauty is a Mad Mistress
Awakening
Divine Decree
Don't Speak Her Name
Mastermind
Fates
Dusk Falls
Justice RIP
Alight
Road Taken
Three Houses
Corridors of the Tempest
Shackled Wolves
God Shattering Star
Heroes
Book II Boss Theme
Book III Boss Theme
Book IV Boss Theme
Maybe if the rumored FE remake is 6 or 7, it'll help boost her popularity. Though she's already pretty popular as is...

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
View attachment 290945

01 Introduction

02 Stance

03 Crouch

04 Idle 1

05 Idle 2

06 Sprint

07 Double Jump

08 Wall Jump
Lyn kicks off the wall.

09 Taunt 1

10 Taunt 2

11 Taunt 3

12 Victory 1
Lady of the Plains

13 Victory 2
Blade Lord

14 Victory 3
We Need Disguises...

15 Defeat
Sorry Mark

16 Victory Theme
Winning Road
17 Kirby Hat
Sacaen Style
01 Shield
Pavise

02 Parry
Aegis

03 Shield Broken
Confusion

04 Sleeping
Sleep

05 Forward Dodge
Repel
Lyn dives forward

06 Backwards Dodge
Close Call

07 Spot Dodge
Miss!

08 Air Dodge
Blessing of Sacae

09 Ledge Attack
Vengeance

10 Get-up attack
Defiant Attack
00 Shield Special
Law of Sacae

01 Neutral Special
Galeforce

02 Side Special
Astra

03 Down Special
Wind Sword

04 Up Special
Mulagir
01 Jab
Adept

02 Forward Tilt
Mani Katti

03 Down Tilt
Desperation

04 Up Tilt
Killing Edge

05 Dash Attack
Rapier
01 Forward Smash
Brave Sword.

02 Down Smash
Blazing Wind

03 Up Smash
Wyrmslayer
01 Neutral Aerial
Tempest Blade

02 Forward Aerial
Swordfaire

03 Back Aerial
Vantage
Lyn does a back flips and does an upside down bicycle kick at anyone behind her. There's a sweetspot at the end of the attack that spikes enemies straight downwards.

04 Down Aerial
Sol Katti

05 Up Aerial
Brash Assault
01 Grab
Provoke

02 Pummel
Blunt Sword

03 Forward Throw
Smite

04 Back Throw
Regal Blade

05 Down Throw
Armorslayer

06 Up Throw
Lancereaver
01 Final Smash

By Mother Earth

By Father Sky
View attachment 290946
Source
View attachment 290947
View attachment 290948

Endless Battle
On the Path to Victory
Twilight of the Gods
What Lies at the End
The Final Holy War
Thracia 776
Applying Justice
The Binding Blade
Attack!
The Blazing Blade
Wind Across the Plains
Companions
The Sacred Stones
Determination
Truth, Despair, and Hope
With Us/Stalwarts Unite
Beauty is a Mad Mistress
Awakening
Divine Decree
Don't Speak Her Name
Mastermind
Fates
Dusk Falls
Justice RIP
Alight
Road Taken
Three Houses
Corridors of the Tempest
Shackled Wolves
God Shattering Star
Heroes
Book II Boss Theme
Book III Boss Theme
Book IV Boss Theme
As you can see from my profile picture, I took a lot of inspiration from another beloved character of mine.
Amazing ****.

Lyn is one of my biggest pipe dreams for Smash and I'd love to see her implemented like this.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
So... why did we stopped talking about Ultimate and straight up moved on to the next game?

There are still four characters left of the second pass.
Maybe people want to be able to speculate about what they view as "base game" newcomers again (1st Parties, characters from already represented series (both 1st and 3rd Party), Assist Trophies, series that got DLC spirit events or Mii Costumes (again both 1st and 3rd Party)), without being told "NUH UH, NOT HAPPENING. SHUT UP ABOUT THIS CHARACTER." Basically all the characters that the community has largely written off as "impossible" for Ultimate or "unfitting for a DLC pack" because they wouldn't bring enough content by themselves to fill a CP.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Maybe people want to be able to speculate about what they view as "base game" newcomers again (1st Parties, characters from already represented series (both 1st and 3rd Party), Assist Trophies, series that got DLC spirit events or Mii Costumes (again both 1st and 3rd Party)), without being told "NUH UH, NOT HAPPENING. SHUT UP ABOUT THIS CHARACTER." Basically all the characters that the community has largely written off as "impossible" for Ultimate or "unfitting for a DLC pack" because they wouldn't bring enough content by themselves to fill a CP.
Ironically I see Crash as being a base game tier character too, due to standards on how a character can be unique being different.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 290945

01 Introduction

02 Stance

03 Crouch

04 Idle 1

05 Idle 2

06 Sprint

07 Double Jump

08 Wall Jump
Lyn kicks off the wall.

09 Taunt 1

10 Taunt 2

11 Taunt 3

12 Victory 1
Lady of the Plains

13 Victory 2
Blade Lord

14 Victory 3
We Need Disguises...

15 Defeat
Sorry Mark

16 Victory Theme
Winning Road
17 Kirby Hat
Sacaen Style
01 Shield
Pavise

02 Parry
Aegis

03 Shield Broken
Confusion

04 Sleeping
Sleep

05 Forward Dodge
Repel
Lyn dives forward

06 Backwards Dodge
Close Call

07 Spot Dodge
Miss!

08 Air Dodge
Blessing of Sacae

09 Ledge Attack
Vengeance

10 Get-up attack
Defiant Attack
00 Shield Special
Law of Sacae

01 Neutral Special
Galeforce

02 Side Special
Astra

03 Down Special
Wind Sword

04 Up Special
Mulagir
01 Jab
Adept

02 Forward Tilt
Mani Katti

03 Down Tilt
Desperation

04 Up Tilt
Killing Edge

05 Dash Attack
Rapier
01 Forward Smash
Brave Sword.

02 Down Smash
Blazing Wind

03 Up Smash
Wyrmslayer
01 Neutral Aerial
Tempest Blade

02 Forward Aerial
Swordfaire

03 Back Aerial
Vantage
Lyn back flips and does an upside down bicycle kick at anyone behind her. There's a sweetspot at the end of the attack that spikes enemies straight downwards.

04 Down Aerial
Sol Katti

05 Up Aerial
Brash Assault
01 Grab
Provoke

02 Pummel
Blunt Sword

03 Forward Throw
Smite

04 Back Throw
Regal Blade

05 Down Throw
Armorslayer

06 Up Throw
Lancereaver
01 Final Smash

By Mother Earth

By Father Sky
View attachment 290946
Source
View attachment 290947
View attachment 290948
1. Lyn from Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
2. Ayra from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
3. Mareeta from Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
4. Fir from Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
5. Marisa from Fire Emblem: The Sacred STones
6. Mia from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
7. Say'ri from Fire Emblem: Awakening
8. Hina from Fire Emblem: Fates

Endless Battle
On the Path to Victory
Twilight of the Gods
What Lies at the End
The Final Holy War
Thracia 776
Applying Justice
The Binding Blade
Attack!
The Blazing Blade
Wind Across the Plains
Companions
The Sacred Stones
Determination
Truth, Despair, and Hope
With Us/Stalwarts Unite
Beauty is a Mad Mistress
Awakening
Divine Decree
Don't Speak Her Name
Mastermind
Fates
Dusk Falls
Justice RIP
Alight
Road Taken
Three Houses
Corridors of the Tempest
Shackled Wolves
God Shattering Star
Heroes
Book II Boss Theme
Book III Boss Theme
Book IV Boss Theme
I remember playing with her in project M, At some point I hope that version of her gets modded for ultimate just so I can play her again. She was super fun and I wouldn’t be mad at her inclusion tbh.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Obviously base game characters are more likely to be first-party. They're extremely cheap, and I doubt they're particularly hard for Sakurai, especially if the character comes from an existing franchise that's already on the roster. Just look at most of the first-parties that were added in Ultimate. It's not like Ridley, K. Rool, Isabelle, Incineroar, and Piranha Plant brough a substantial amount of content with them simply because they were new characters.

Third-parties work better as DLC, mostly because it's likely a lot easier for Nintendo to deal with the costs.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
I feel like people look at a character and then try and figure out a unique gimmick they could have when they make a moveset, which isn't really a line of thinking I agree with. It... tends to result in kind of shoehorned stuff that isn't actually necessary to convey what the character's about. Even Ultimate itself is a little guilty of this - I don't really think Inkling's ammunition, King K. Rool's belly armor, or Joker's Rebellion Gauge really pull their weight, in terms of character representation.

My personal philosophy is that a moveset should be as complex as it needs to be to represent the character, and no more complex than that. Obviously, what needs to be in to represent a character is a little subjective, but I don't think a character needs to have a gimmick to work in Smash.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Ironically I see Crash as being a base game tier character too, due to standards on how a character can be unique being different.
I think that's selling Crash really short. He's honestly the only character I feel confident in showing up in this pass. His potential personally reminds me of Terry in terms of expanding and doing his own thing with elements already seen in Smash.

I've said this before many pages back but Crash himself can have a nice moveset from his abilities in game but also bring in new mechanics with the masks and truly feel apart of the more experimental extra feel the DLC has been having. Aku Aku could work like a unique mix between Luma and Arsene. An extra shield and range help for Crash that can disappear if Crash takes too much damage. While Aku Aku is active, throws, normals and aerials are powered up with Aku Aku assisting in some way like smacking his face or shooting a laser. The grab itself could also have more reach. Aku Aku would assist best during 0%-50% and after you reach 100% he'll be gone.

With Crash 4 out, we can even give him those new Quantum Masks into the moveset for a sort of more reliable Down Special. The first mask lets Crash phase in new platforms that could either be set on the top or edges of stages, the second mask has Dark Matter abilities so Crash's attacks could stay out longer and deal more damage, the third mask affects time so Crash could move way faster, and the fourth mask affects gravity so Crash is now heavier and it's easier to launch opponents. Some balance can be tied to taking these masks away from Crash after being hit a certain percentage with a cooldown time to use them again. These are clearly both inspired by elements from Shulk and Hero.

Boom bang! Now Crash has the potential to be just as unique and experimental to fit in with the others as fighters in the pass.

I feel like people look at a character and then try and figure out a unique gimmick they could have when they make a moveset, which isn't really a line of thinking I agree with. It... tends to result in kind of shoehorned stuff that isn't actually necessary to convey what the character's about. Even Ultimate itself is a little guilty of this - I don't really think Inkling's ammunition, King K. Rool's belly armor, or Joker's Rebellion Gauge really pull their weight, in terms of character representation.

My personal philosophy is that a moveset should be as complex as it needs to be to represent the character, and no more complex than that. Obviously, what needs to be in to represent a character is a little subjective, but I don't think a character needs to have a gimmick to work in Smash.
Whelp... your post and mine.....

The duality of man.

Jokes aside, I do agree to an extent but I really enjoy Sakurai putting effort and creativity into every new character to such an extent. The gimmick doesn't always need to be seen as such or as a big gamechanger. I see it more as what makes that character unique even if another character eventually has something similar down the line. You could argue most characters even as old as Bowser have a gimmick with the tough guy mechanic or Pichu's harm mechanic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
With Crash 4 out, we can even give him those new Quantum Masks into the moveset for a sort of more reliable Down Special. The first mask lets Crash phase in new platforms that could either be set on the top or edges of stages, the second mask has Dark Matter abilities so Crash's attacks could stay out longer and deal more damage, the third mask affects time so Crash could move way faster, and the fourth mask affects gravity so Crash is now heavier and it's easier to launch opponents. Some balance can be tied to taking these masks away from Crash after being hit a certain percentage with a cooldown time to use them again. These are clearly both inspired by elements from Shulk and Hero
Admittedly I haven't played Crash 4 and therefore am less familiar with how it could help give him a unique moveset.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Jokes aside, I do agree to an extent but I really enjoy Sakurai putting effort and creativity into every new character to such an extent. The gimmick doesn't always need to be seen as such or as a big gamechanger. I see it more as what makes that character unique even if another character eventually has something similar down the line. You could argue most characters even as old as Bowser have a gimmick with the tough guy mechanic or Pichu's harm mechanic.
Yeah, I don't want to make it sound like characters being unique is a bad thing. I think Hero's shenanigans are really fun and honestly a cool way to take an RPG and stick it into Smash. Steve's whole thing with mining and crafting is honestly the only way the character could be done (even if I do think it ought to have been simplified a bit). And while I criticized Inkling's ammo mechanic for being unnecessary, their ink coverage mechanic is also a really cool way to adapt that into Smash.

On Crash specifically... I dunno. I haven't played a Crash game, but I am familiar with their mechanics, and trying to make Aku Aku into Arsène... doesn't really fit with how he's basically just a health mechanic in Crash games. Like, even if you have him show up only at low percents, it doesn't quite feel right. Crash is a pretty simple guy to control. Craziest he should get in my opinion is a walking jab like all the cool kids are getting lately.

If you really wanted to stick something unique onto Crash, I think it'd be something about breaking crates. I mean, that's what you do in every Crash game to get gems, and it's even why the developers named him Crash. It'd feel more right on him than turning him into Joker, in my opinion.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
y'all talking about how crash needs a gimmick to be appealing when crash's appeal was already there

i don't even want crash and i know i smell some cap from some of these posts

Koopaul

Smash Champion
There are characters that are very unique and characters that are gimmicky. These are two different things. By "unique" I mean from a purely aesthetic perspective. They attack in weird and wild ways. Banjo and Kazooie are this kind of unique but aren't very gimmicky.

I think Crash can be a wacky unique fighter without a gimmick. Or if he does have a gimmick it wouldn't be a huge one. But that's okay. Look at Banjo.

Shroob

Sup?
I think Terry and Joker pretty ordinary for Smash fighters.
I feel like the Smash community has made a distinction like this:

A 'vanilla/unique' character: A character that has 4 regular special moves, no special command inputs, no HUD elements.

A 'gimmick' character: Someone who has HUD elements(Meter, storage, etc), or has traditional inputs(Ryu, Ken, Terry)

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
It's important that a DLC character's moveset feels unique compared to the existing roster to justify their existence, but that doesn't necessarily have to mean a meter or other overarching gimmick, and I think the DLC fighters so far have all felt distinct. Even the more "traditional" fighters (no meters/resource management/special inputs) like Plant & Byleth have done a good job feeling unique compared to the base game roster -- heck, Byleth is my favorite in terms of playstyle. To be honest I wouldn't mind another fighter or two without an overarching gimmick, as long as their moveset isn't boring. If every new fighter has a meter or gimmick it starts to feel complicated and BlazBlue-ish, and that's coming from someone who likes BlazBlue.

I'm not familiar enough with Crash to make judgments on his potential movesets, though -- the only Crash game I ever played was Crash Nitro Kart on the GBA lol

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A 'vanilla/unique' character: A character that has 4 regular special moves, no special command inputs, no HUD elements.

A 'gimmick' character: Someone who has HUD elements(Meter, storage, etc), or has traditional inputs(Ryu, Ken, Terry)
So that means Byleth and Banjo are our true gimmickless kings, huh? Disregarding, y'know, the abudnant super armor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom