• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nobody is saying that it's 100% true.

It's just something to keep in mind, considering it did turn out to be correct for Fighter Pass 1. Unlike most "theories" we regularly discuss, this one has supporting evidence, precedent, and a plausible outcome.
That's interesting to say the least. But isn't there also a possibility said character could have a partner as well, or are all examples of that in a shared voice collection?

Not that it'd happen, but as an example, say Ratchet and Clank were playable, would the two have separate voice files despite being one fighter essentially?

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
I know about the Grinch Leak
But people talk about it as if it was ****ing Vietnam
And what the %$#@ is an ESRB leak
https://www.ssbwiki.com/ESRB_leak

That's interesting to say the least. But isn't there also a possibility said character could have a partner as well, or are all examples of that in a shared voice collection?

Not that it'd happen, but as an example, say Ratchet and Clank were playable, would the two have separate voice files despite being one fighter essentially?
Banjo & Kazooie had one voice section for the two of them, along with the Ice Climbers and Rosalina & Luma.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Ohoho

A couple months before Smash 3DS released someone on 4chan literally named "Mother****ing leaker" dumped a boatload of Screenshots from the 3DS version including the CSS and some cut trophies, There were debates like "Shulk is just a photoshopped little mac" and other stuff like that. It was nuts. The leak was 100% legit and the leaker had ties with the ESRB

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
basically, back in Smash 4, there was a leak towads the tail end of the base game speculation that fetured a few new characters (Shulk, Bowser. Jr, Duck Hunt, Duck Hunt, Dr. Mario, and some veterans). Since it doedn't have the fan favorites like the grinch leak, it was widely mocked (Photoshopped little mac! Game and Watch is bleeding into Wario!) until Shulk was revealed wih the exact same render, leading people to hope for more character in the Tower of Smash...

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
What would an Ice Climber game today even look like? A 60-Dollar AAA title Ice Climber, where the game is all ice and you just climb all the time?
Who knows. Lets face it, Ice Climber was a pretty lousy game. The only reason anyone cares about the property is because of Smash.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly its silly that anyone on the internet would think of that debunking of the Grinch Leak as anything that terribly damaging.

And its especially offensive to us genuinely scarred veterans of the Console Wars.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
The video I linked shows the warzone covered thanks to the Grinch Leak in the final stretch of Ultimate's release.

The ESRB Leak was a real Smash for Wii U and 3DS leak from that showed up on 4chan claiming to work for the Entertainment Software Rating Board that essentially just showed us the entire rest of the roster through photos and videos. It felt more civil overall but fun callbacks are still made to how people thought Shulk was a photoshopped Little Mac

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hey guys. Its been two years.

Does anyone remember what was probably the most famous fake leak?
I remember being right in the middle of the two sides and trying to keep them civilized and when all is said and done I failed more than a few times at that one.

The worst part was when that Health Item showed up shortly after and everyone thought it was Growth from Golden Sun and they also got the Rathalos picture and then there was the Earthquake theory hand that whole month and a half or whatever was just a big ole. 😬

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Geno, who is the Community's Absolute favorite Character, Could be Mute. He does talk in SMRPG, but they might do him like Isabelle and not give him a Voice

Beyond that, besides Chell or Some other Avatar Characters, I can't think of many Characters (That Seem Realistic) that would be Mute
Probably any old-school characters, if they follow their NES/Arcade counterparts super closely I guess.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
A strange time in which people claimed the Duck Hunt render totally existed before they just couldn't find it since it magically vanished off the internet.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't know what you're talking about.

If they aren't playable, they aren't in Smash. You absolute BUFFOON. If it's not playable it's NOTHING!!11!
I mean, it might as well be true since literally everyone mainly focuses on fighters. You think Steve would cause Twitter to shut down if Minecraft just got a spirit event? Or Persona fans would be dealing with a huge newbie boom wondering where Joker is in Persona 4 if Joker was an AT?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, DQIII was a mega hit in Japan and one of the most influential game of all times in there.

I don't think Erdrick needed that Western recognition.
Yeah, this dude is pretty much the Cloud of Dragon Quest, right? Him getting a lot of focus would be pretty fitting.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
I mean, it might as well be true since literally everyone mainly focuses on fighters. You think Steve would cause Twitter to shut down if Minecraft just got a spirit event?
I'd argue there's still excitement and honor in terms of being in Smash to begin with. Sure the hype comes from the main course fighters but that shouldn't discredit the other forms of inclusion.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
My favorite part of the Grinch saga (and boy were there a lot of good parts) was when people were using Wendy's as proof that Geno was in, which also confirmed that Grinch was real.

You'd think people would learn what counts as "evidence" by now but it honestly isn't much better based on the Gamestop thing and others.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'd argue there's still excitement and honor in terms of being in Smash to begin with. Sure the hype comes from the main course fighters but that shouldn't discredit the other forms of inclusion.
And being represented in a non-fighter manner shouldn't mean you should stop supporting a character until Smash 6. Especially since it's going to be a longer wait than usual.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Take a peek at the older comment threads in these videos to get an idea of how heated the ESRB leak made people.
I’ll do you one better

I was so young then. I wanted this to be so fake holding on to the sliver of hope that Snake was still in.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
DO not cite the Deep Magic to me witch. For i was i there, when it was written.

After the all powerful Mage Robin destroyed the Gematsu Leak with all of his power, in August of '14, a powerful monster showed up, it was called by many names. Mother****ing Leaker, the ****ty leak, but most of all, at least those who survived the apocalypse, called it the ESRB leak. A poweful leak that showcased Bowser Jr, Shulk, Dr Mario, Duck Hunt, and some remaining veterans like Ness.

The leak stated "the time has come to say goodbye to some for your own sake, so you will not see the return of Lucas, Ice Climbers, Ivy, Squirtle, Wolf and Snake." The remaining prophet of the Gematsu Leak, the Chorus Kids, all powerful in the arts of musical magic, attempted to seal the power of said leak. "Photoshopped Little Mac" they cried, "Dr Mario render was already used" they shout, "WHAT THE **** IS THIS ROSTER ORDER" they said, but no amounts of screaming could hold this Chtulu-Mythos-tier demon for long.

Then, the impossible happened....................gameplay footage. We saw the power of Bowser Jr unleashed onto us mere mortals, and the truth psychologically broke over half of the human population on Earth and following alternate UNIVERSES! Then there was millions of photos of Smash 3DS leaked onto the wild. The Truth was out there. Turns out, this all was supposedly, footage sent to a myestrious organization holding the gaming world hostage, called the Entertainment Software Rating Board. ESRB for short, who alongside CERO and PEGi hold the secrets of the universe and society at large. Before Smash 3DS could bless planet earth they had to make sure it was fitting for the kiddies.

Nobody could dismiss this forbidden footage, and Nintendo of America used their Ninja Clan in order to take them down at all costs............but it was too late. Streisand Effect took place, and it was admission that said footage was real. K.Rool fans weeped in the rain, Ridley fans screamed in terror, and Takamaru fans were already ok with it because he was confirmed as an AT not so long ago.

Despite the optimism of having more characters, said leaked roster was the final base roster. Nothing else could be done, the fate was sealed. The Polar could not save the Icies, and the Sneaky Spirit failed to fullfil the Rythm Heaven prophecy.

One question remained.................where was Mewtwo?...........................

...oh no wait he was just chilling at Cerulean Cave and nobody told him about Smash 4, so he had to pay a fee for beign late, something similar happened to Lucas, apparently they thought Lucas died, but that was just some ginger kid who looked like him. and Roy was stranded on an island for 6 years and his diet consisted of Coca Cola Classic, Ham Sandwiches, and unsold copies of Bomberman Act Zero. They all had to pay a fee to come back.

Wolf was just buying new clothes, mostly because he hated looking like a DBZ character, and Snake was getting a surgery for his butt. Apparently the Smash 4 Charizard was just an impostor btw.

and so goes the story of the fabled ESRB LEAK. Romance, Drama, Politics, Sex, Violence and Rock and Roll!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As for characters that could in theory have two voice versions, well, there's a lot of options there. Any protagonist with both sex options, and characters with different aged versions could work in that way.

Of course, there's stuff that probably wouldn't happen, like any of the duos from Mega Man ZX. And I don't think they'd go for the main character of Mass Effect or anything.

But there's Astral Chain I guess, just as an example.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I never want to hear of that ESRB leak ever again. All the fun of speculation and “Which veterans are gonna return/what newcomers will appear?!?!”

Gone. All of it. Along with my Ice Climbers in Smash 4.

I would honestly go on a rant about how I hate leaks, but I do not have the energy and it honestly wouldn’t add anything to the discussion except me being upset over the past. Best to just never speak of it again.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
And being represented in a non-fighter manner shouldn't mean you should stop supporting a character until Smash 6. Especially since it's going to be a longer wait than usual.
Of course. Just, don't keep your hopes too high. That way you won't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen and beyond elated if it does.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
DO not cite the Deep Magic to me witch. For i was i there, when it was written.

After the all powerful Mage Robin destroyed the Gematsu Leak with all of his power, in August of '14, a powerful monster showed up, it was called by many names. Mother****ing Leaker, the ****ty leak, but most of all, at least those who survived the apocalypse, called it the ESRB leak. A poweful leak that showcased Bowser Jr, Shulk, Dr Mario, Duck Hunt, and some remaining veterans like Ness.

The leak stated "the time has come to say goodbye to some for your own sake, so you will not see the return of Lucas, Ice Climbers, Ivy, Squirtle, Wolf and Snake." The remaining prophet of the Gematsu Leak, the Chorus Kids, all powerful in the arts of musical magic, attempted to seal the power of said leak. "Photoshopped Little Mac" they cried, "Dr Mario render was already used" they shout, "WHAT THE **** IS THIS ROSTER ORDER" they said, but no amounts of screaming could hold this Chtulu-Mythos-tier demon for long.

Then, the impossible happened....................gameplay footage. We saw the power of Bowser Jr unleashed onto us mere mortals, and the truth psychologically broke over half of the human population on Earth and following alternate UNIVERSES! Then there was millions of photos of Smash 3DS leaked onto the wild. The Truth was out there. Turns out, this all was supposedly, footage sent to a myestrious organization holding the gaming world hostage, called the Entertainment Software Rating Board. ESRB for short, who alongside CERO and PEGi hold the secrets of the universe and society at large. Before Smash 3DS could bless planet earth they had to make sure it was fitting for the kiddies.

Nobody could dismiss this forbidden footage, and Nintendo of America used their Ninja Clan in order to take them down at all costs............but it was too late. Streisand Effect took place, and it was admission that said footage was real. K.Rool fans weeped in the rain, Ridley fans screamed in terror, and Takamaru fans were already ok with it because he was confirmed as an AT not so long ago.

Despite the optimism of having more characters, said leaked roster was the final base roster. Nothing else could be done, the fate was sealed. The Polar could not save the Icies, and the Sneaky Spirit failed to fullfil the Rythm Heaven prophecy.

One question remained.................where was Mewtwo?...........................

...oh no wait he was just chilling at Cerulean Cave and nobody told him about Smash 4, so he had to pay a fee for beign late, something similar happened to Lucas, apparently they thought Lucas died, but that was just some ginger kid who looked like him. and Roy was stranded on an island for 6 years and his diet consisted of Coca Cola Classic, Ham Sandwiches, and unsold copies of Bomberman Act Zero. They all had to pay a fee to come back.

Wolf was just buying new clothes, mostly because he hated looking like a DBZ character, and Snake was getting a surgery for his butt. Apparently the Smash 4 Charizard was just an impostor btw.

and so goes the story of the fabled ESRB LEAK. Romance, Drama, Politics, Sex, Violence and Rock and Roll!
Oh and one more detail i forgot.

Legend has it that an entity did not survive the transition from Smash 4 pre-release material, legend has it that the ESRB sealed this demon away alongside almighty Thot, Mai Shranui (who was sealed by CERO). Not even a statue of power, called "Trophy" by mere mortals like us, was seen.

But if you go at night at the crossroads at Midnight, lay a copy of Smash 3DS in the ground, and shout "IUIAE LQDEAI EN IR QXBYYICBW IYCENC" 3 times, she will show up.......

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I think Roy's diet would've been something much better for you, considering he's gone from low-bottom tier to high tier.
He changed his diet in the Smash 4 to Ultimate transition from what i've heard. Apparenlty he took advice from Mewtwo who changed his diet mid-way through patches in 4. Unfortunately that diet ended up beign bad for Mewtwo since now his tail became frail when Ultimate came around.

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
Something just occurred to me regarding this voice theory. Couldn't it be Dante with DMC 5 and DMC 3 alts? Just like Bayonetta, Devil May Cry games didn't have any Japanese dubs until the Special Edition of DMC 4. So if Dante gets a DMC 3 alt, he would only speak English on all versions of the game, right?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Something just occurred to me regarding this voice theory. Couldn't it be Dante with DMC 5 and DMC 3 alts? Just like Bayonetta, Devil May Cry games didn't have any Japanese dubs until the Special Edition of DMC 4. So if Dante gets a DMC 3 alt, he would only speak English on all versions of the game, right?
Capcom still gave DMC3 Dante a Japanese voice actor for Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And added to the list.

Crash Bandicoot + Coco
Dante
Monster Hunter; Male + Female
Nightmare + Siegfried
Octoling; Female + Male

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
While many fanbases grew toxic during the Grinch debates, the Grovyle fanbase kept a level head. Their work was admirable, and this continued good behavior should be given a reward.

Is this good propaganda?
Give the Mach Rider fanbase some credit, we were just happy people were taking him seriously!

Or her... have we established that yet?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
And to nobody's surprise...

cashregister9

Smash Hero
That background is awesome.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Judging from the back, looks like the Links, Peach, Villager and Isabelle, Pac-Man, and Duck Hunt will be used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom