• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. /
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / TYPE-MOON

The sheer chaos that would ensue.

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
Oh no. I am not watching that crap show again. I'm just going to assume that Joker was a one time thing like a reasonable person and ignore The Game Awards completely.
I find it kinda funny that the past two Game Awards had pretty good announcements in my book and this one having none that appealed to me.

2017 had SoulCalibur VI (which I was very, very happy about) and Bayonetta 3
2018 had Mortal Kombat 11 and Joker for Smash Ultimate
and pretty much none of the announcements in 2019 were of interest for me, and idk why I find that kinda funny.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / TYPE-MOON

The sheer chaos that would ensue.
As much as I like Type-Moons stuff and I don't mind the idea of Saber in Smash, you know Saber is pretty much the "antithesis" of everything Smash fans are against so if they see that, hell will break loose and it's either be glorious or terrifying.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
I wonder. Assuming the Nintendo Direct Archive's update means that we will get a presentation shortly, that would mean that we're about to see a Nintendo Direct Mini rather than a Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, as we've already had one for this month, and I doubt we'd get one so early in October. But we also know that Ninendo doesn't have anything major to show us. So, what would be in it? Kirby Fighters 2, Animal Crossing: New Horizons's Fall Update, Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield's Isle of Armour/Crown Tundra update, and a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC character? Would it be shown off next week? Would that mean the next character is still far out because it would mean no Sakurai Presents "???"? Would the Sakurai Presents happen after the Nintendo Direct Mini?

sigh

So many questions, so little answers.
This might be wishful thinking but a Direct like this doesn't sound so crazy to me. Would make for a great "Multiple birds with one stone" presentation, lest they actually want those things to each have their own week dedicated to them. Would definitely have to be next week tho, feels a bit to soon after the recent partner showcase.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I still find It weird that for the Game Awards last year everyone was convinced Kos-Mos was going to be announced. and then again in January with Dante although the Dante thing was worse
And RTC thinks KOS-MOS isn't happening at all outside of a few fans, which they're probably right about.

D

Deleted member

Do all of you remember when Geoff Keighley teased Sonic in the Game Awards of 2019, but we never got Sonic?

😔

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Man, can't wait until KOS-MOS is revealed to be FP8 at the Game Awards.:4pacman:
Never watching that stupid-*** show again. Last year's was a massive waste of my time.
As much as I like Type-Moons stuff and I don't mind the idea of Saber in Smash, you know Saber is pretty much the "antithesis" of everything Smash fans are against so if they see that, hell will break loose and it's either be glorious or terrifying.
Exactly. And I'd enjoy every second of it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ngl, the game awards was still pretty fun last year when dunking on it with a couple friends in a discord vc.

I'll probably watch it again this year just for amusement's sake. It's something to do, ya know?

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Didn't they have the most anticlimactic ending where they promoted some car game at the end?
It was a shovelware-tier Fast and Furious game to tie into the new movie that was meant to come out this year before being delayed.

It looked like a PS3 release

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Bamco's in a weird spot where if they were getting another character, I feel it would've happened by now. Not saying that excludes them, of course, it's just that it'll be interesting that it would have taken this long.

The way I see it, I think Tales of is probably leading the pack with it's large fanbase in Japan and growing following over here in the west. Soulcalibur and Dark Souls are also on the table and make for good advertising picks.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Man, can't wait until KOS-MOS is revealed to be FP8 at the Game Awards.:4pacman:
Considering No More Heroes III was the highlight of the show for me last year, I'm probably just gonna watch the pre-show, and then dip out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here is how Travis Touchdown can still win.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Epic Games, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Toby Fox.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Having played Dark Souls for the past week, I’m not entirely sure what they would do in Smash or how they’d stand out.

Like it’s a great game and I’m enjoying myself. Solaire would potentially be a hilarious pick. I’m just not quite sure how the gameplay of Dark Souls really transitions to Smash.

I could definitely see a Solaire Mii Swordfighter though.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Having played Dark Souls for the past week, I’m not entirely sure what they would do in Smash or how they’d stand out.

Like it’s a great game and I’m enjoying myself. Solaire would potentially be a hilarious pick. I’m just not quite sure how the gameplay of Dark Souls really transitions to Smash.

I did my own moveset for the Chosen Undead not too long ago.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

They'd be another take on the strategic swordfighter archetype laid out by Marth, expect they'd go in a completely different direction with that concept. Marth is fast, Chosen Undead is slow and tanky. Marth relies on spacing to get the sweetspots, Chosen Undead would need to have timing to make sure those hits land. There's probably some cool %$#@ they can do for special, but I only know the general Soulslike formula. At the very least, they have a flask to heal themselves with, but it leaves them open and they can only use it a certain number of times, but that's all I know.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

So you take a heavy...

That's it. You did it.

Obviously I'm oversimplifying it, but I'd think Dark Souls's mechanics fit the heavy archetype to a T. Of course, it means the character would be pretty garbage competitively, but I think the mechanics would work at least.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Looks like we found our announcement for this week? Ghostrunner is now on Switch, which seems pretty big.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Honestly, I just listed it to cover my bases with Bamco picks. As I said above, IMHO Tales of is probably the most likely Bamco candidate now that Heihachi and Tekken are out.

The question is, which Tales protagonist? Anyone here who knows me knows that I back Yuri Lowell 100%, but is he the realistic choice? There's still the fact Sakurai said "Of course, who else but Lloyd?" back when we got the Lloyd Mii costume, so to be completely honest, Lloyd's probably who I'd say is the more likely choice, especially if they'd try to appeal to western Tales fans.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Honestly, I'm more concerned about Punished "Venom" Todd Howard being a thing. How badly did the Bethesda buyout treat him?

But anyway, I have no idea what any of that means.
I think the in game news is scheduled and the last thing posted (Game Boy spirit event) was 91.

The photo contest for Japan is labeled 103, meaning 92-102 was skipped.

Meaning that's all for Pack 7 reveal and that it is imminent.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'm more concerned about Punished "Venom" Todd Howard being a thing. How badly did the Bethesda buyout treat him?

It means that just like the tournament that was skipped a couple of weeks ago several announcements have also been skipped, which can only mean a new character as they come with version updates, several mii costumes, etc

SKX31

Smash Master
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Epic Games, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / EA Sports

Now this is in the game. :4pacman:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

Goombaic Goombaic and everyone else has already summed it up...
Basically, the ingame news' urls have numbers on them. The most recent one has a 103 while the one before had 91, probably meaning that DLC announcements will fill the pages between them. Just more reassurance that something's coming soon.
... and to further add, as pinshadow mentioned in his first post, this already happened once before, about 11 days before Min Min was revealed.

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
Has this been posted here?

I was actually just going to post about this. Major props to pinshadow pinshadow . I've also been checking the Smash Bros website, but I would have never thought to look at Nintendo's Japanese site.

For those confused about what this means, it basically means that we're really close to a new character reveal and that it most likely will have 6 Mii Costumes to go along with it.

The exact same thing happened with Min Min 11 days before she got released. The only thing different is that there's 2 more skipped news items compared to that time. One of them is most likely another Mii Costume, while the other one could be anything, really.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / EA Sports

...BIG. :4pacman:
Fixed :ultpacman:
I think the in game news is scheduled and the last thing posted (Game Boy spirit event) was 91.

The photo contest for Japan is labeled 103, meaning 92-102 was skipped.

Meaning that's all for Pack 7 reveal and that it is imminent.
Hmm, interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom