• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

TLOU2 looked great; it was absolutely beautiful, so it deserves nomination in that category. It just doesn't deserve to win in any category because it was trumped by other games that are likely getting nominations.

Looks beautiful, but Ghost of Tsushima & FF7 Remake both look even better

Gameplay is good, but didn't add anything not in previous installment and there were very few new enemies added (again, Ghost of Tsushima & FF7 remake gameplay both trumps it in quality)

Music Score was nothing special; it shouldn't even get a nomination there

Story was absolute hogwash garbage and completely spit on the character personalities already established in the previous game
and actively did everything it could to make you try and hate Ellie, the character you spent the entirety of the previous game with. Tried to make you sympathize and like the new character who F*&%ing murdered Joel, the main you character you followed for the entirety of TLOU1, and, though I already mentioned it, killed Joel in the very beginning of the freakin' game! But it will probably get a nomination, if not a win, because if you didn't like it, you're sexist, racist, neo-nazi garbage and no, nothing about the story is wrong; you're wrong! F*&^ you! According to its supporters.

And I forget what other categories are possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
As far as GOTY, I think these are givens:

Ghost of Tsushima
The Last of Us II
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Animal Crossing
Cyberpunk 2077

Then throw in one or two more to round out the list.
Throw in Doom Eternal and I think this is will be the nominations, with Last of Us winning. But I wouldn't be surprised if there is an upset with Animal Crossing suddenly winning similar to Overwatch winning over Uncharted 4 back in 2016.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
TLOU2 looked great; it was absolutely beautiful, so it deserves nomination in that category. it just doesn't deserve to win in any category because it was trumped by everything else.
Nope, nope, nope, nope, and NOPE! That trash doesn't deserve any form of nominations ever.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / EE EEEEE

Now this is in the E. :4pacman:
Fixed (2). :roll:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Story was absolutely hogwash garbage and completely spit on the character personalities already established in the previous game
and actively did everything it could to make you try and hate Ellie, the character you spent the entirety of the previous game with. Tried to make you sympathize and like the new character who F*&%ing murdered Joel, the main you character you followed for the entirety of TLOU1, and, though I already mentioned it, killed Joel in the very beginning of the freakin' game! But it will probably get a nomination, if not a win, because if you didn't like it, you're sexist, racist, neo-nazi garbage and no, nothing about the story is wrong; you're wrong! F*&^ you! According to its supporters.
Also.

The whole moral of "You'll be no better then them"/"Revenge is wrong" being done poorly. Ellie seeks revenge on Joel's killer that was probably weeks if not a month or more, murdered her way through her killers friends and when she finally is about to kill her decides to spare her due to a brief flashback of Joel.

Yeah, you're pretty much beyond that when you already killed multiple people before...

Literally the Alien 3 of video games.

Thus its always been a headcanon of mine that

Abby and that guy were attacked and killed by a great white shark.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I thought people just hated the story. What did it do on top of that?
It's about the story and how moments of gameplay fuel it. Major spoilers for TLOU2 and a warning for description of intense violence and a mention of sexual assault
piZap_1600878426781.jpg

Also I may be misremembering and I hope I am, but I'm pretty sure Abby's sex scene is with a drunk dude so add ****ing **** to the list of things this 'sympathetic' character does

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I was actually just going to post about this. Major props to @pinshadow. I've also been checking the Smash Bros website, but I would have never thought to look at Nintendo's Japanese site.

For those confused about what this means, it basically means that we're really close to a new character reveal and that it most likely will have 6 Mii Costumes to go along with it.

The exact same thing happened with Min Min 11 days before she got revealed. The only thing different is that there's 3 more skipped news items compared to that time. Two of them are most likely Mii Costumes, while the other one could be anything, really.
the 6 mii costumes is slightly interesting as we haven't had a wave consisting of six miis since joker

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Personally I enjoyed Last of Us Part 2, I thought there some really fun levels and I do enjoy the overall gameplay of the series. However though, I thought the pacing of the story was a mess and the game really does drag on and while I do like the series gameplay, there are plenty of games that basically does every mechanic The Last of Us has but better and yeah throw me into the camp that wasn't a fan of the ending.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Honestly, in a market that feels so dominated by AAA cinematic games, I'd have the greatest fun via Animal Crossing New Horizons winning GOTY. The silly title where you catch fish and shake trees defeating the likes of FFVII Remake or TLOU 2 would be a strangely fitting conclusion to this year.
Whether it be TLOU 2 or Animal Crossing, either way, there will be wolves.

Adobe_20200923_124108.png

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait for the ****storm when TLOU2 inventively wins GOTY

Abby 4 Smash?
Assuming that Cyberpunk will be one of the nominees this year and not next year like Smash in 2019, unless the game is like perfect in every possible aspect, TLOU2 will be GOTY.
I'd say the nominees will be Cyberpunk 2077, TLOU2, AC: New Horizons, Doom Eternal and HL: Alyx (maybe Ghost of Tsushima too, but I am not really confident about that). Between these games except Cyberpunk, probably Alyx is the closest one to be GOTY, but it's a niche game. AC and Doom are two amazing games, but I don't see them as winners.
TLOU2 on the other hand feels like the natural choice to me: personally one of the best gaming experiences of my life, but objectively a monumental game that improved every aspect of the first one, from the gameplay to the level design. And people can hate the story as much as they want and do all their superficial criticisms, but that doesn't change how well written are the characters.

As for the TGA, I hope to see some cool games announcements. Last year was kinda disappointing from this point of view...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
It's about the story and how moments of gameplay fuel it. Major spoilers for TLOU2 and a warning for description of intense violence and a mention of sexual assault
View attachment 286565
Also I may be misremembering and I hope I am, but I'm pretty sure Abby's sex scene is with a drunk dude so add *ing * to the list of things this 'sympathetic' character does
Okay... WOW... I only thought it was people who didn't think the sequal lived up to the original, but... but...

No, no, NO. I do NOT approve of ANY OF THIS!!!

And because this is a Smash thread, I'm just gonna throw out there that I am officially adding a "The Last of Us" rep to the list of characters I DON'T want in Smash. For reference, the only other characters I don't want are Waluigi and an Overwatch rep. Good job, TLOU2! You did the thing!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Quick, anyone got any leaks? Even blatantly fake ones, at least it’ll give us SOMETHING to talk about that’s on topic
Look, leaked images of Dixie Kong in Smash guys!

Yup, one day.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Our whooole Jigglypuff was in a hot dense state, then merely fourteen million years ago expansion started...wait.
MFW the entire universe decides to up-throw you and follow up with -> Up-Air -> Read your goddamn mind because the universe's has a enourmous Galaxy++ Brain like Hungrybox -> Rest.

Quick, anyone got any leaks? Even blatantly fake ones, at least it’ll give us SOMETHING to talk about that’s on topic
It feels absolutely strange that the LoL leak from way back in April (IIRC) is one of the few ones I can recall that's gotten even a single thing right relatively recently (ToM Spirits)...

...And FTR, I don't trust that one since it's a 4chan leak (as I've made clear in the past, even as I find the leak intriguing due to my fandom. Yes, bias, I'm admitting that.). I'll only trust it if things clearly start moving in that direction (Hollow Knight PreMiium and obviously LoL character).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
OMG Kirby Fighters 2 leaked, it has abilities and some playable characters, I hope Adeleine is in it. Seriously, for 20$ I expect it to be full of content and a solid game overall; at least all the Dream Friends should be in.

I also hope they will make some nice stages based on iconic locations.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The exact same thing happened with Min Min 11 days before she got revealed.
Released, not revealed.

The fusion of Waluigi and Geno, WaluiGeno is our next fighter. Trust my source.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
MFW the entire universe decides to up-throw you and follow up with -> Up-Air -> Read your goddamn mind because the universe's has a enourmous Galaxy++ Brain like Hungrybox -> Rest.

It feels absolutely strange that the LoL leak from way back in April (IIRC) is one of the few ones I can recall that's gotten even a single thing right relatively recently (ToM Spirits)...

...And FTR, I don't trust that one since it's a 4chan leak (as I've made clear in the past, even as I find the leak intriguing due to my fandom. Yes, bias, I'm admitting that.). I'll only trust it if things clearly start moving in that direction (Hollow Knight PreMiium and obviously LoL character).
didn’t the hollow knight PreMiium mention a specific song? If the costume comes with THAT song, LoL rep is more likely. If it’s a different song then RIP LoL leak

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
I found this one on imgur

It has some believable bits ngl but there is no chance in hell it is real
Would absolutely KILL for a Famicom Detective Club localization.

I shouldn't get my hopes up but the fact that they haven't spoken about a text-based game like that in over a year makes me think that maybe they're taking so long because of translation and wanting it released worldwide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom